Jordan Peterson's year of 'absolute hell': Professor forced to retreat....

[co...]

Hi DD,

Maybe he'll have a different take on these things, now that he has had these recent experiences with psychopharmaceuticals. Hopefully, he'll take the time to learn more about them.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [La...]

• [Fl...]

• [id...]

• [Fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad, but not hard to understand.  Look at all of the misinformed psychologists and psychiatrists out there.  How many time have we heard accounts of someone who changes psychiatrists and the new doctor says that they don't prescribe benzos and expect the patient to stop it cold turkey, or in an unrealistically short period of time?

The fact that JP used to be a standard run of the mill indoctrinated medical professional should come as a shock to no one. Here we have what may turn out to be the biggest ally to the benzo cause that ever existed, and we have people from the benzo community jeering from the sidelines.

JP has obviously had an awakening just like all of us have. We can choose to support him despite his beliefs or his mistakes, or we can try to tear him down. Which do you think is going to help our cause?

Jordan Peterson's wealth may not be as large as some think. His wealth was estimated to be between $1.5M to $4M before he separated himself from Patreon.

https://www.wealthypersons.com/jordan-peterson-net-worth-2020-2021/

https://www.famousbirthsdeaths.com/jordan-peterson-bio-net-worth-facts/

"Despite making a reported $66,000 a month on Patreon, Peterson decided to leave in protest after the British YouTuber and anti-feminist Carl Benjamin was banned from the platform for saying the N-word." As of March, 2019 he apparently started selling "Lobster" T-Shirts and similar apparel:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/03/why-is-jordan-peterson-selling-lobster-merch.html

A million or so bucks doesn't go nearly as far as it used to. He is nearly 60 years old and his prospects for further gainful employment is in question. Perhaps the Canadian healthcare system will begin to look more beneficial to him as time goes on? 

Jordan Peterson's wealth may not be as large as some think. His wealth was estimated to be between $1.5M to $4M before he separated himself from Patreon.

"Despite making a reported $66,000 a month on Patreon, Peterson decided to leave in protest after the British YouTuber and anti-feminist Carl Benjamin was banned from the platform for saying the N-word." As of March, 2019 he apparently started selling "Lobster" T-Shirts and similar apparel:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/03/why-is-jordan-peterson-selling-lobster-merch.html

A million or so bucks doesn't go nearly as far as it used to. He is nearly 60 years old and his prospects for further gainful employment is in question. Perhaps the Canadian healthcare system will begin to look more beneficial to him as time goes on? 

he says how much he makes here 12:15 in:

patreon about $80,000 a month

book sales $120,000 ($1.50 per book sold) a month

speaking per evening $35,000 - $50,000

business that makes $200,000 a month

other income as well

Hi DD,

Maybe he'll have a different take on these things, now that he has had these recent experiences with psychopharmaceuticals. Hopefully, he'll take the time to learn more about them.

Yeah. He is a big boy and can take the truth when it comes. I'm not worried about what he reads on here. His options as a wealthy person probably hurt him. Probably we all would do extreme things given the options and the money.

It will be great if he speaks truth. But there is a lot of fragility and ego around his public persona. He will be facing his down and dirty demons in this life he's living now. I actually worry for him about this, becuase I think his demons are powerful, he believes in them, and he is stubborn to say the least.

he says how much he makes here 12:15 in:

patreon about $80,000 a month

book sales $120,000 ($1.50 per book sold) a month

speaking per evening $35,000 - $50,000

business that makes $200,000 a month

other income as well

That video was made in 2018, a lot has changed for him since that time.

I'm not sure how you are still getting away with posting irrelevant content on this thread but I wanted to make an observation about these kinds of articles-

If it weren't incredibly sad it would be funny how so called "journalists" attitudes are so far removed from those of the people who are reading the articles that THEY write.

Check out the comments section of this article. Most of them are calling out the author. Kinda like how the critics on Rotten Tomatoes rate these modern trainwreck reboot movies at 90% when the public rates them at 25%. Completely out of touch with real people's opinions.

Just a bunch of commentators shouting from their ivory towers trying to influence popular opinion.

In 2020, psychologists or doctors of any kind should not consider SSRIs as the primary treatment option for depression.  It should be ketamine.  The side effects are almost non-existent and in a matter of a few sessions, many patients report their depression to have completely gone away without the need for taking daily medication.  Granted it doesn't work for everyone but it still has a very high efficacy rate. 

In 2020, psychologists or doctors of any kind should not consider SSRIs as the primary treatment option for depression.

Primary treatment option should be a change in diet and exercise.

Last summer I crashed and I went into a realm that I didn't know existed. I know most of you know that realm, or worse.  Had I had the money, I would have gone to Russia. I remember visiting five psychiatrists and finally this one I have now, who only partially gets it, told me to hold for a long time until stable. I whatsapped him once a month as I didn't stabilize at all, telling him I wanted to go to a detox facility. He said no. Thank God he said no. Had I had Peterson's money, I definitely would've gone to Russia or anywhere in the world, as I was in utter terror and my ability to make decisions was seriously compromised. Sometimes, very few, not being rich is better.

And psychotherapy.

And sunshine

Yep, there are several more that could be mentioned as well and I would bet that with some combination of these things the psych drug market could be virtually eliminated. We don't have a "lack of a drug" problem. We have a "lack of a healthy lifestyle" problem.

And psychotherapy.

And sunshine

Yep, there are several more that could be mentioned as well and I would bet that with some combination of these things the psych drug market could be virtually eliminated. We don't have a "lack of a drug" problem. We have a "lack of a healthy lifestyle" problem.

A healthy and loving family and friend network.. (social aspects)...

There is a lot to be said for living a wholistic life, imo..

A healthy and loving family and friend network.. (social aspects)...

There is a lot to be said for living a wholistic life, imo..

Absolutely. I consider that to be part of a healthy lifestyle.

One might say "Eat your vegetables" too, but maybe not in this case.

They have a very unique medical profile, the family. We don't really know what it was like.

Very sad, but not hard to understand.  Look at all of the misinformed psychologists and psychiatrists out there.  How many time have we heard accounts of someone who changes psychiatrists and the new doctor says that they don't prescribe benzos and expect the patient to stop it cold turkey, or in an unrealistically short period of time?

The fact that JP used to be a standard run of the mill indoctrinated medical professional should come as a shock to no one. Here we have what may turn out to be the biggest ally to the benzo cause that ever existed, and we have people from the benzo community jeering from the sidelines.

JP has obviously had an awakening just like all of us have. We can choose to support him despite his beliefs or his mistakes, or we can try to tear him down. Which do you think is going to help our cause?

I support him, as I think many people in this thread do.  Some people may or may not agree with some of the things he says, but nevertheless we are cringing at some of the mistakes he and his daughter have unknowingly made.  It's almost like watching a horror movie where you are rooting for the protagonist who has been battered throughout the movie, who is now about to open a door that you know will get him in trouble.

That's terrible. I am so sorry about your friends. Heartbreaking. Are your friends some kind of activists? I know that almost any kind of activism in Russia could get you in serious trouble.

JP doesn't have to worry about that too much, though, having the views that he has but I don't want to start a political conversation again.

I'm just wondering if Mikhaila's husband is Russian.

Thank you for your kind words ideallifevision. :)

No, they are not activists. As I had mentioned, my friends are politically neutral. We just desire to live our lives  in peace like our neighbors.

U.N. Decries Russia Jailing of Dane

That's terrible. I am so sorry about your friends. Heartbreaking. Are your friends some kind of activists? I know that almost any kind of activism in Russia could get you in serious trouble.

JP doesn't have to worry about that too much, though, having the views that he has but I don't want to start a political conversation again.

I'm just wondering if Mikhaila's husband is Russian.

Thank you for your kind words ideallifevision. :)

No, they are not activists. As I had mentioned, my friends are politically neutral. We just desire to live our lives  in peace like our neighbors.

U.N. Decries Russia Jailing of Dane

Oh my goodness, that's so scary!

I am very happy about his progress but does anybody think something's not quite right here?

Maybe I'm trying to assess his progress according to my timeline but medical coma in December and walking around Moscow in February? I struggled to walk to the bathroom at 2 months off, and I tapered, I didn't cold turkey. I understand that I was one of the worse cases on BB but it seems like JP wasn't an easy case either.

I just hope he truly is recovering and it's not yet another instance of Mikhaila saying that once the drug is out of his system he'll be fine like she did before he entered rehab to "detox" him off of Klonopin using Ativan. I also hope they didn't pump him full of Phenibut.

Personally, I still want to hear directly from JP. I'd like to hear him tell his story, and I'd like to know how he's doing. It's good that he's up and out and moving, though. I'm housebound, dizzy, using a walker and barely functioning. I'd be thrilled to be up and out and moving like that.

I am very happy about his progress but does anybody think something's not quite right here?

I'm not sure what you are suggesting. I have suffered with the best of them but I was never even really close to being unable to walk or leave the house.

I remember going to a crowded outdoor concert at a bar in the middle of a large city when I was in acute or shortly after. It was a strange experience, I had a "concussed" feeling but I walked there and back from my condo which was probably a solid mile.