Jordan Peterson's year of 'absolute hell': Professor forced to retreat....

[co...]

Excuse me, but this is all ridiculous - tearing Mikhaila apart. She's in the limelight because of her father, and she's doing her best. She's YOUNG. Haven't you people made some questionable choices when you were young???

The only reason her diet is considered "questionable" by some is because our entire world is built around the horrible diet most people eat today. Probably 70% or more of the food in a modern supermarket is flat out junk. Aisle upon aisle of starch and sugar laden processed crap.

I wonder what people even just 100 years ago would think if you dumped a few bagfuls of modern groceries on the table?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [La...]

• [Fl...]

• [id...]

• [Fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Vegans gonna vegan, I guess  :sick:

I've followed Mikhaila from the very beginning and she has been nothing but 100% honest about being able to drink some spirit alcohols. She says in the RT interview posted earlier in this thread that the goal is not to eat only 100% meat for the rest of her life but to hopefully heal enough to be able to tolerate other foods.

I can't understand why some people are trying to misrepresent her or anyone for that matter. I mean what do you gain?

You only have to compare old photo of Mikhaila to new ones to see that whatever she is doing is working very well for her. I say more power to her. She took control of her own destiny and that is the message that she puts forward. Good luck to her and God bless!!!

You’re crazy, FG. The food pyramid is healthy with its grain recommendations. Just look how well it has worked since the 80s! And everyone on this site only feels bad because it’s their “old symptoms” returning. That’s what the experts say and there’s no way they have ever been influenced by money.

Of course. The government and food companies only have our best interests in mind. You should listen to everything they tell you without question. 

I wonder what people even just 100 years ago would think if you dumped a few bagfuls of modern groceries on the table?

They would jump on it, devour it and have several orgasms.

I can't understand why some people are trying to misrepresent her or anyone for that matter. I mean what do you gain?

It allows you to hold onto your dogmatic beliefs when you don't want to face the fact that your beliefs could be wrong.

I'm (sort) of surprised that BB allows endorsements of Mikhaila Peterson's for profit corporation "The Lion Diet, Inc." whose monthly memberships are currently "on sale" for "only" $80 per month or yearly memberships are currently "on sale" for "only" $680 per year.

https://mikhailapeterson.com/lionclub#memberships

But, I guess if BB wants to permit endorsements of this or other for profit corporation "diets" and other goods & services, who am I to wonder why?

There IS a note worthy "disclaimer" at the bottom of this for profit corporation's website:

"The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this website is for general information purposes only. The Lion Diet, Inc. makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information contained on or available through this website, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE."

best wishes :)

I'm (sort) of surprised that BB allows endorsements of Mikhaila Peterson's for profit corporation "The Lion Diet, Inc." whose monthly memberships are currently "on sale" for "only" $80 per month or yearly memberships are currently "on sale" for "only" $680 per year.

The hilarious thing is that you are the only BB I am aware of that has promoted her commercial website  :2funny:

Mikhaila thanks you  :thumbsup:

There IS a note worthy "disclaimer" at the bottom of this for profit corporation's website:

"The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this website is for general information purposes only. The Lion Diet, Inc. makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information contained on or available through this website, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE."

Yep, a standard CYA disclaimer that it posted on just about any health related website.

In case you haven't noticed, this is at the bottom of every single post you, I, and everyone else on this message board makes:

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

The hilarious thing is that you are the only BB I am aware of that has promoted her commercial website  :2funny:

Mikhaila thanks you  :thumbsup:

Rest assured I do not and never will endorse the "Lion Diet". My intent is to emphasize that her website, twitter account & other social media announcements are all to promote her for profit corporation.

But, I guess if BB wants to permit endorsements of this or other for profit corporation "diets" and other goods & services, who am I to wonder why?

Quite a stretch Fi to assume BenzoBuddies endorses a program you put up the link to.  I searched and could only find the link you provided in one place, here where you put it.  I guess I could remove or deactivate it, but then, so could you. 

I guess FloridaGuy got it right when he said "Mikhaila thanks you".

To everyone who is posting on this thread:

We've allowed, primarily due to lack of time to review this thread, posts that are off topic to proliferate. It was suggested that we split off the off topic posts and put them on another thread. Realistically we don't have the time or the personnel to go through over 30 pages.

However, from now on any posts that don't speak to the original topic will be removed or split onto an appropriate thread.

Please remember that Jordan Peterson is just a man going through withdrawal. He also has other issues to deal with. He is no more special then the men and women here on the forum and elsewhere going through a challenging withdrawal.

What bothers me is the amount of time and energy that people put into this thread when there are pleas for help and support elsewhere on the forum that go virtually unanswered. Our members deserve as much attention as this person does. After all, Jordan did not join the forum for support, but many other have.

pianogirl

We've allowed, primarily due to lack of time to review this thread, posts that are off topic to proliferate. It was suggested that we split off the off topic posts and put them on another thread. Realistically we don't have the time or the personnel to go through over 30 pages.

I agree that this thread should be kept on topic but I don't think the importance of the JP topic should be underestimated.

Time will tell how this all plays out but the fact that a well known psychologist who is at the peak of his fame and has in the past praised psych drugs has been unfortunate enough to find himself a victim of pharmaceuticals might be the biggest thing that has happened in the benzo community to date. Just the fact that he has chosen to make this public is very validating to people who are suffering through this.

It's a shame some people want to send these JP threads off the rails but it shouldn't come as a shock that many people here are interested in this topic.

I agree that this thread should be kept on topic but I don't think the importance of the JP topic should be underestimated.

Time will tell how this all plays out but the fact that a well known psychologist who is at the peak of his fame and has in the past praised psych drugs has been unfortunate enough to find himself a victim of pharmaceuticals might be the biggest thing that has happened in the benzo community to date. Just the fact that he has chosen to make this public is very validating to people who are suffering through this.

It's a shame some people want to send these JP threads off the rails but it shouldn't come as a shock that many people here are interested in this topic.

Let's not point fingers here. Many of your posts were about statins and diets. Well off topic.

I do not think we should put this person on a pedestal, again, he is a person going through withdrawal, just like many others.

I know of several 'plain' folk who have also made their benzo journey public. Some of them have been members of this forum.

Let's not point fingers here. Many of your posts were about statins and diets. Well off topic.

Fair enough, but there is a difference between responding when a conversation veers off topic and spamming up a thread just because you don't like the person who it is about.

I started a new thread that explores some of these issues in Chewing the Fat but I don't think very many people read that board anymore so it died pretty quickly. Too bad cause I believe this is an extremely important topic that doesn't get enough attention.

Fair enough, but there is a difference between responding when a conversation veers off topic and spamming up a thread just because you don't like the person who it is about.

I started a new thread that explores some of these issues in Chewing the Fat but I don't think very many people read that board anymore so it died pretty quickly. Too bad cause I believe this is an extremely important topic that doesn't get enough attention.

Let's move on now, you've said your piece.

As I mentioned before, if you feel badly because your threads don't get many replies, think of those who are struggling and lost who get very few replies, if any. 

Is that what this is about?  Fi is a vegan and that's why he/she is attacking Mikhaila?  That figures.  See, while I agree in part with PianoGirl and Pamster that this thread has gotten wayyyy off topic, the further you go down the rabbit hole, the closer you get to the true motivations of those posting, which is why censorship is counterproductive. 

Furthermore, I absolutely despise the notion of bringing personal philosophical battles and virtue signaling into a support forum.  Isn't twitter and tumblr a better place for that?

Is that what this is about?  Fi is a vegan and that's why he/she is attacking Mikhaila?  That figures.  See, while I agree in part with PianoGirl and Pamster that this thread has gotten wayyyy off topic, the further you go down the rabbit hole, the closer you get to the true motivations of those posting, which is why censorship is counterproductive. 

Furthermore, I absolutely despise the notion of bringing personal philosophical battles and virtue signaling into a support forum.  Isn't twitter and tumblr a better place for that?

That's just me speculating over the motivation behind the people who attack the Peterson's and also a bit of an inside joke. I can't claim to know what Fi is or isn't and I don't wanna call anyone out specifically. Peace. 

I came her to see if there was an update about Jordan Peterson.  In the latest podcast on his twitter from 3 days ago, his daughter says they're back in Florida.  I thought there would be discussion about that here.  Did I miss it?  I'm not seeing it but don't have time to read through this whole site.  Just wondering what anyone knows about what's actually happening with him.

No one has mentioned a thing about that. Too busy bickering about Mikhaila's diet.

Not sure if this helps anyone...I saw it on Twitter?? I do not frequent any social media talk...but a link from BB lead me to JP or his daughter's account, and it was posted there as regards Florida.

Oh my goodness, that's so scary!

Back to JP. Apparently his daughter recently said "Bye Moscow" and "Hello Florida". If he has returned to this side of the earth....I hope his flight went well. Florida would be a better place to be at than in Moscow, while in a benzoland state.

I know we should give him his space as Colin suggested.....but it is hard to ignore him, since he definitely is an interesting benzo case.

I'm curious to know what he is thinking. ???

The only way I was able to feel like I was taken serious as to the magnitude of devastation that these drugs caused, was when I began speaking to others who had gone through the same horrible experience. :sick:

First 30 seconds

...and then a “Peterson” NAD advertisement.. “get your promo code here..”!!

-Hmmmm...

I have found russian clinic for detox few hundred miles from me. I think that maybe jordan peterson went to clinic like that.

I was reading reviews and comments about that clinic. One of them is why are they dont work in eu or usa if they ard so good. It is not in my country but in that country we speak the same language. They are mostly for drug addicts.

I think that peterson is doing  a mistake because he wants  a quick and not painful solution. We all do but is it really possible. One more thing if he has done more than one ct or rapid detox he has kindled his brain