Looking for Buddies - LT High dose Xanax direct taper 1/2 way there!

[Lo...]

As to xanax threads. We are taking it down to 2 threads. This seems to be the one you folks like the best, so will keep this one going.

-Thanks!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [Lo...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel you, Lori. We have tried to reconcile this situation to get everyone together in one thriving group. I am sorry we can't make it as easy as we would like. You are welcome to stick with any group you like, but this is an attempt to move everyone together.

-Peace

That was ambiguous at best. Does it mean you're leaving this thread as it is or not?

So Baddove, your solution is to resurrect a two-year-old thread?

Why can’t you leave stuff alone and let Lori keep her thread??

Anyway, your Xanax journey is not at all typical, since most people here are trying to taper off, and your dose is even higher than it was when you started over three years ago. So why do you get to call the shots on this? SMDH  ::)

The idea to merge some of the xanax threads together was a team decision, we are very fortunate that baddove was willing to help with this. We have a small team of volunteers who give freely of their time to help BB run smoothly.

Your comment to baddove was rude and uncalled for. As I said, this was a team decision to avoid having so many threads dealing with tapering from xanax.

pianogirl

Why am I not surprised that there is drama on the Xanax thread.  People.  We are all hurting and healing.  Let’s all just channel our compassion, and do whatever it takes to find the threads we want to follow?  Let’s promote healing....peace....and tranquility.  That is all.  🌹

Hello All!  Just stopping by to check in. Please post updates if you feel up to it.

I’m still truckin’ along. Not symptom free but it’s tolerable.

Lori- Hope you are back to your .5 taper dose. How’d that go after your hospital stay?

Gildthelily- welcome to the thread.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Happy Healing

Pearl

Hi Pearl! Just checking in to see how you are.  Hope things are going well!

Lori

Hi Lori!

Thanks for checking in on me.  I haven’t been on here much because I just had the most amazing(as amazing as possible while tapering) month. I was sleeping 8 hours every night and feeling great. But it all stopped on Friday last week. I can’t sleep now. It sucks so hard.

When I don’t sleep it all feels so daunting and seems hard to continue. Anyway I wasn’t going to post about it bc I don’t want to complain. But here I am venting. Thanks for listening :)

Hope you are doing better!

Hope everyone is doing better.

Pearl

this was a team decision to avoid having so many threads dealing with tapering from xanax.

Thank you ma'am... I'm still learning to navigate BB. It is NOT a small challenge finding my way around - and I'm a former 'grey-hat' IT-Sec geek. So much for "cog-fog" noggin  :o

And I'm really grateful baddove stepped up.

We can more easily find each other this way - GOOD THING.

THX :smitten:

Hi Lori!

Thanks for checking in on me.  I haven’t been on here much because I just had the most amazing(as amazing as possible while tapering) month. I was sleeping 8 hours every night and feeling great. But it all stopped on Friday last week. I can’t sleep now. It sucks so hard.

When I don’t sleep it all feels so daunting and seems hard to continue. Anyway I wasn’t going to post about it bc I don’t want to complain. But here I am venting. Thanks for listening :)

Hope you are doing better!

Hope everyone is doing better.

Pearl

Hi Pearl.

Sorry to hear that you hit a road block. Ironically I really hit one at .5 as well. However, it looks like you decreased about 60% in 3 months which is quite a lot. It's definitely on the high end of taper rates. I just learned the hard way that I had gone too fast.

I always kind of scoffed at the phrase "listen to your body" as I honestly thought that since I was so symptomatic for several years prior to my taper that I was going to be symptomatic throughout and that the only way around it was to get off the Xanax. Boy was I wrong! I became non functional on .5 mg. Zero sleep, every muscle was screaming, etc.  it was truly that bad. Last week I was forced to updose slightly which initially pained me to do!  But I made peace with it... mostly because for 5 nights now I'm sleeping at least 7 hours, and I even napped for a few hours on two occasions!  Muscle issues are still there but starting to lessen. I swear my body is just so exhausted from being overly taxed for so long!

I guess it really does make sense to at least hold when symptoms get bad. There's no medal being given for getting off faster than some. I did the opposite by continuing to make reductions when I wasn't sleeping or when I was feeling awful! Now I'm paying for it!  I had my mind set this summer that I would be off of this by Thanksgiving. Now? I'm fine with it taking a bit longer, even if it's after January, as long as I'm not feeling as horrible as I had for months! I've spent a week reading posts from people who slowed down and/or updose a bit until symptoms got better and then went slower and were able to walk off without any acute wd. That's what I'm praying for! 

I have to remind myself that I was on them for 21 years (almost 2 years of that tapering to some degree) and it's going to take time for my body to adjust regardless of how fast my mind wants it to!

Hand in there! Getting below .5 is rough. I'm seriously considering the DMLT from this point forward. People say that they had a tough time adjusting to it but I figure since I updosed a bit, maybe starting from a more comfortable place might be helpful. I just have to believe that at lower doses, the 1% per day has to be far easier on the body than the 5-10% cuts. I'll keep you posted if I go that route. Right now I simply want to enjoy the holidays with my family without being on a sofa or bed!  I'm trying to live in the moment and allow the few months ahead to take care of themselves. There's no going back and I'm certain that I'll be off Xanax for good in the months ahead, it just won't be as quickly as I had once hoped. Again, now the goal is to accomplish this with the least amount of severe side effects as possible versus the time frame.

Please keep in touch!

Love,

Lori

this was a team decision to avoid having so many threads dealing with tapering from xanax.

Thank you ma'am... I'm still learning to navigate BB. It is NOT a small challenge finding my way around - and I'm a former 'grey-hat' IT-Sec geek. So much for "cog-fog" noggin  :o

And I'm really grateful baddove stepped up.

We can more easily find each other this way - GOOD THING.

THX :smitten:

Much appreciated. Thank you.

This change to 2 xanax groups (from about 5)is intended to keep the xanax threads going, it's been a problem. Everyone seems to be finding each other now, all good.

Hi Pearl...

Checking in on you again. I hope I didn't scare you off with my take of woe. I'm actually feeling so much better! The updose helped a ton. I'm ny no means telling you that you should do that as well. On the contrary, I truly hope that your symptoms are leveling out and that you're getting some sleep again. If not for my tests in two weeks, I'd probably start doing micro cuts now. I'm going to hold off for two weeks and then make a few right after thanksgiving. I'll see how that goes. Still hope to be done by early February but we shall see.

Drop a note and let me know how you are. Thinking of you!

Lori

Hello everyone,

I am finally back!  A couple months ago my husband decided he wanted us to move to another state and we put our house on the market, I figured it would take a while to sell, well, it took 4 days and that is when all the craziness began.  Had to go to another state and find a home in a day and then go back home and pack and etc, etc.  Of course nothing went smoothly and it certainly put my taper on hold.  I was at 1.75 for 80 days and yesterday I started tapering again.  I wanted to before now but it just was not possible.

I actually did really well, considering.  I am now close to being at the end of setting up our new place at the shore and hope to get this Xanax out of my system soon.  I was hoping to be off by February but I am not pushing that now.  I will be done when I am done and I will do what I need to do for me in the process.

I really have missed everyone and hope you are all doing well.  You all have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Julia

Thank you!! That means a lot to me!! That's why I like BB, I know I'm never alone!!! Thanks for being so kind and thoughtful.

I'm doing ok but am starting to feel this cut but I know this too shall pass and I'll feel better and then It'll be time to make another cut. Lol That's how we get to 0 Xanax!! Oh what a great day that will be!!

Hope everyone is doing well today!!

:smitten::angel:

Hey Lori and PowerPearl, I have missed you so much and hope you're hanging in there!!

Love and hugs,

Julia :smitten:

Julia!!!!!!!

So happy to see you here!  You've definitely been missed! So happy that all went smoothly and that you're in your new BEACH home! How exciting! I still can't believe how fast it all happened. As you can tell, I hit some rocky times. However, the updose was the best thing I ever did. I guess I'm one of those people who is really sensitive to these cuts. I shouldn't be surprised since I've been on them for 21 years! I'm doing much better now though and going to do daily micro cuts from this point forward.

Anyway... again, so happy to see you. Let's catch up soon! Give my best to hubby as well!

Love,

Lori.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,  Hope everyone is doing well .  I am hanging in there.  Doing pretty good on this cut.  Have had some rocky days but I am getting better.  As we all know, some days are better than others.

Lori,  sorry you have had such a rough time.  I am glad you are doing what you need to do for yourself.  I would rather updose and be able to live life than to be bed/sofa bound.  We all need sleep!!!

I know, it is still amazing to me that everything happened so fast.  Thank goodness I got through it ok.  I could not have continued to make cuts with all i had going on.  That would have been a nightmare.  This whole thing has been stressful enough.  I did beat myself up a few times because I had not made a cut but then I told myself that I just needed to get through everything and then I would get back on track and that is what I did.  :):angel::smitten:  Love and miss you!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!  For me, I know I have a ways to go but I am thankful that I have done from 3.5-4 mg down to 1.625, soon to be 1.5 mg since January. I plan on another cut next week.  I had hoped to be further along but as they say, stuff happens and we have to adjust !!!

God bless and remember that we are all special in our own way and we deserve to have a better life than one that includes Xanax.  We will all get to where we need and want to be.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!    :crazy::smitten:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing ok.  I am hanging in there.  Staying busy and that helps.  I did another cut yesterday after 35 days on the last cut.  I actually did pretty well with that cut and am hoping I do well with this one too.  The cut of .125 mg was mild so I am happy to continue with that amount of cut if I can continue to not have bad sxs and be able to live my life.  I do not mind going slow if that is what it takes.

I have been reading on BB about some of the buddies I have communicated with since I got on here in February and I am happy that some are doing so well and feel bad that some are still having such a rough go of it.

I pray for all of us every day!

Love to you all  :smitten:

Hi Tolnbltp!

It's great to hear from you.  And so glad you are doing well!  I love that your last cut gave you minimal symptoms.  I hope it will be like that all the way down for you.

I am still doing well.  Although I am not having a great day today, but I guess that happens to everyone sometimes.  I shouldn't complain because its been a great December and we are ready for Christmas and the kids are happy and healthy.  Really thats all I need right now.

I have not heard from Lori for a while.  I sent her a PM and didn't hear back.  I hope she is doing Ok. 

Keep at it... you are doing awesome!

Hugs

Pearl

Hi PowerPearl,

It sounds like you're doing good. That's greate. Everyone has a rough day sometimes even when their taper is going well, I know that's the case with me.

I made another cut last Sunday and am doing well so far. Thank you for your support.

I also pm`d Lori and haven't heard from her.  I'm actually very worried about her.  She's had such a rough time.

I'm going to PM her again.

Take care and I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Love and hugs to you.

I hope everyone is doing ok and will have a good holiday.

:smitten:

Julia and Pearl,

I'm beyond sorry that I have not been on here. My iPad claims that I have but it's logged on for a month at a time. I really have stayed away for personal reasons. A lot going on and I put my extremely long taper on hold. Starting to taper again after the New Year. I'll explain when I have time to sit and write you guys as I owe that to you both due to your kindness, love, and genuine concern.  Miss and adore you both!

So excited and happy regarding the tremendous progress you e both made! I'm truly beyond elated for you!

Pearl, you are rocking it! Wow!!  I pray that your Christmas with your family was nothing short of amazing!  I do have some questions for you about the liquid. Yes, it finally arrived but I haven't started it yet. Stay tuned. Lol

Julia, I miss you!  I hope you and hubby are loving living at the beach!  Think of you all the time! I also hope you had a wonderful Christmas!  Have you been able to see your sister? How was your first Christmas in warmer weather?  :). Ahh... so much to catch up on! 

Well, it's late here and I need sleep!  But I promise you guys that I'll be in touch soon.

Love,

Lori

Lori!!! 

So so happy to hear from you!  I was worried. Glad you are ok. Hopefully you’re better than OK. Let us know what’s going on when you have the chance.

Talk soon!

Pearl

Julia and Pearl,

I'm beyond sorry that I have not been on here. My iPad claims that I have but it's logged on for a month at a time. I really have stayed away for personal reasons. A lot going on and I put my extremely long taper on hold. Starting to taper again after the New Year. I'll explain when I have time to sit and write you guys as I owe that to you both due to your kindness, love, and genuine concern.  Miss and adore you both!

So excited and happy regarding the tremendous progress you e both made! I'm truly beyond elated for you!

Pearl, you are rocking it! Wow!!  I pray that your Christmas with your family was nothing short of amazing!  I do have some questions for you about the liquid. Yes, it finally arrived but I haven't started it yet. Stay tuned. Lol

Julia, I miss you!  I hope you and hubby are loving living at the beach!  Think of you all the time! I also hope you had a wonderful Christmas!  Have you been able to see your sister? How was your first Christmas in warmer weather?  :). Ahh... so much to catch up on! 

Well, it's late here and I need sleep!  But I promise you guys that I'll be in touch soon.

Love,

Lori

Hi Lori,

I am so sorry to hear you are having problems and had to put your taper on hold, but I know when you can you will continue on and get off this poison.  I have missed you and have been worried about you and have been wondering how you are.

Please do let us know how you are and if there is anything we can do to help you!

Living at the beach is great.  The weather has been awesome for the most part.  We had some cold weather but its been in the 60's and low 70's for days.  We went down to the beach yesterday and collected some shells.  It was nice. 

Christmas was nice and quiet and we had a great day.  Dave's birthday was the 23rd so we had a great birthday for him as well.  It is quiet here and we picked a great spot and a great condo.  No loud neighbors and no barking dogs at all times of the day and night.  It has been great!!

No, I have not seen my sister.  I miss her alot but we do talk every day!  I am hoping she and her husband will come to visit.  Right now she has her hands full as they have custody of their 3 grandchildren who are 1, 21/2 and 4.  Its a lot for them as they have health problems and are almost 60 too.  But they are dealing with things as they come.  Hopefully by the end of January they will get some relief as their son will be able to be there to help them.

Please take care and let me know how you are.  Love and miss you lots!!!

Hey PowerPearl,  I hope your Christmas was wonderful.  I am so happy for you being at .125.  That is great.  Have you decided when you are going to jump? 

I am going to my new primary care doctor tomorrow and I am hoping he will help me with .25 mg pills instead of the .50 mg ones as they are so hard to break down to .125's.  My old PDOC actually sent in one last prescription for me last week so I do have plenty of medication for now.  I am hoping the new doctor will help me with finishing my taper.  I am guessing it should take another 4 or 5 months.  We will see.  Not rushing it.  He may send me to a PDOC as there are so many doctors that do not want to get involved with benzos anymore.  Funny how regular doctors are the ones who prescribed them for so many to start with but now won't help with getting off them.  Since I started tapering in January, I have kept a notebook and written down each and every dose I take and i am going to take that with me tomorrow.  I started out writing down each dose because I was forgetting to take them at certain times and would not know if I needed to take a dose or if I already had.  Then it became a motivator for me as I can see my daily progress.  I hope the doctor will see how much progress I have made from 3.5 to 4 mg a day down to 1.5 mg and be willing to help.  Either way, I am getting off these pills that have caused so much pain and grief in my life for the last several years.

I started feeling bad on Christmas and am still not feeling well.  My stomach hurts and I just do not feel that well.  My chest has been hurting some and I have been dizzy a couple times.  I do not know if it is the taper or something else. (Hubby thinks it could be too much sugar.  I have been eating more chocolate over the holidays than I normally do.) This started on day 10 of this past cut of .125 mg and usually by the 4th or 5th day of a cut I start having issues but at day 10 or 11 I would not think it is the taper but WHO knows.  LOL  Hubby says to go ahead and make another cut since I am feeling bad anyway but I am going to wait another week and go down another .125 mg.  I would love to go down by .25 mg each time but I do not think that would be a wise choice.  Steady wins the race and I have made too much progress to mess it up now.  It is hard to believe January 11th will be a year since I started this taper.  It has been rough at times and ok at times.  I look forward to being Xanax free.

Take care ladies and to everyone fighting this fight!  I am hoping and praying 2020 will be our year to be off this med and heal and move on to bigger and better things.  It will be nice to say gone - but this will never be forgotten!!!

Love and peace.

Happy New Year!!!

Julia