Looking for Buddies - LT High dose Xanax direct taper 1/2 way there!

[Lo...]

Hi everyone,

PowerPearl - hi there - glad to see you are doing ok and down some on your taper.  Thanks for thinking about me.

Lori - Thanks for asking - I am doing ok.  Not great but its not horrible either.  I am having some issues but I am riding this out.  Want to be off this SOOOO bad like the rest of us.  We will get there.  One day and one cut at a time.  Hope you re doing good at .75 mg too.

I was worried about cutting the pills but my husband was able to use the pill cutter to make .25 and .125 mg pills for me.  Thank Goodness as I was stressing over that .  Am cutting from the first dose of the day so my next cut, providing I am doing well - will be another .125 and I will be down to 1.75 and will do .5, .5 .5 and .25 for my doses for the day and then will go from there.

Love and peace to you guys.

Julia

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [Lo...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all!

Today is day 4 of dosing 3 x's per day (versus four). The latter was my dosing schedule since the first day that I was prescribed this poison. To be honest, I felt it. However, I also completely eliminated cutting my .5 mg pills in half and switched to using all .25 tablets (3 per day). Who knows if the 1/2's I was using were accurate. Hence, who knows if the increase in side effects was due to the change in dosing, pills, both, or just the normal ebb and flow of this process. The symptoms were not above and beyond what I've endured throughout my taper they were just a little more noticeable the past few days. I'm going to ride it out as there's no other option.

Yesterday was my 52nd birthday! Ugh, getting old! Although the entire morning was challenging, I spent the day relaxing in the sun (it was a gorgeous day here). My neighbor is at the beach for the week and left me the keys to her house and stunning pool. It was so relaxing just laying on a raft and floating around the pool (baking my aging skin)!  :laugh:  I then had a wonderful dinner with family. Again, symptoms were always present but I plowed through. You know what REALLY kept me going? The thought that....

THIS WILL BE MY LAST BIRTHDAY THAT I WILL BE TAPERING XANAX!  :thumbsup:

Honestly, that thought process helped me so much!  It really hit me when I read my cards from my son that spoke of how proud he was of me... that he "knows how tough these past few years have been"... and that "I'm kicking butt and taking names!"  While this was incredibly supportive and beautiful from my 21 year old son, it brought tears to my eyes that he has had to see me this way. As a mother, we don't want our kids to feel as though they're taking care of US!... Especially at the age of 18-21 or less.  It's still our job to take care of them! It really upset me to see, in writing, that this was his first thoughts of me. He didn't ask for 1/2 a mom anymore than I did! This drug is so insidious! I've lost at least 3 years of myself and my life to this medication and I will not lose anymore!  I don't deserve this and my son most certainly does not!

With tears in my eyes, I thanked my son with a promise that someday soon, we will never have to use/hear the words; Tapering, Xanax, dose, side effects, etc., or deal with mom just not feeling well or unable to partake in some social events or activities.  He hugged me!

Oh, how I long for the day when my conversations with my son, family, and friends returns to my old self filled with lightness, laughter, and genuine concern about THEIR lives and not mine! I'll get there.... And so will each of you!!! 

Stay strong and push on!  Love to all! 

Lori

Lori!

Happy Birthday. It sounds like it was so relaxing. I am so happy for you!! . After what you’ve been through you deserve it. My birthday is at the end of September I hope I have the same thought that you did and It will be my last birthday tapering. I honestly thought I’d be done by now but I had that giant updose after trying to cross to Valium (big mistake) in April. Also I want to say that I definitely feel the hardest part about tapering is that my two kids and my husband have to go through it with me. It’s not fair for them. I try to hide it as much as possible but it’s hard. I hope one day soon they never have to see me take another pill again!!

Love your Positivity 😊

Hope your taper continues to be smooth. I’ll be thinking about you!

Pearl

Happy Birthday Lori,

I am sorry I did not know it was your birthday yesterday!  Sounds like it was a good day and I happy for you!  I am so proud of you and you have made alot of progress the last few months even though you have been through hell!!  You are an inspiration to me and I am thankful God brought you into my life.  You have helped me so much.  I love you dearly!!  I wish I could give you a huge hug!!!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

PowerPearl and Lori - I totally relate - even though I do not have kids, I hate that my husband has had to go through this, he has been through enough without adding this.  I was supposed to be the light and sunshine in his life and the last three years have been miserable and frustrating and sad and horrible in alot of ways.  But like both of you, I am on my way to being the person, or a even better version, of the wife and friend I used to be.  Going through this cold turkey, reinstatement of Xanax and the tapering has been the hardest thing I have ever had to go through and that includes my Dad's suicide when I was 7 and living with that all my life.  This has been so hard and I thought for quite a while that I was going to die.  I am thankful to God and to people like both of you that are here and care and give me love and encouragement every day!!!

Love and peace and cheers to no more birthdays that involve Benzo's, tapering, or anything except happiness and continued healing!!!!

Today is day 3 of this cut and so far I am doing ok.  Stomach is a little better and I am trying to be positive.

Julia

Day 7 of changing to 3 doses per day versus 4 doses.  Finally feeling better. It was a little rocky for the first 4-5 days but the last two days were much better. It can be done!

Simply wanted to give a quick update in case anyone decides to try to change dosing once they get further down.

Hope all are doing well!

Lori

Lori!

Happy Birthday. It sounds like it was so relaxing. I am so happy for you!! . After what you’ve been through you deserve it. My birthday is at the end of September I hope I have the same thought that you did and It will be my last birthday tapering. I honestly thought I’d be done by now but I had that giant updose after trying to cross to Valium (big mistake) in April. Also I want to say that I definitely feel the hardest part about tapering is that my two kids and my husband have to go through it with me. It’s not fair for them. I try to hide it as much as possible but it’s hard. I hope one day soon they never have to see me take another pill again!!

Love your Positivity 😊

Hope your taper continues to be smooth. I’ll be thinking about you!

Pearl

Thanks, Pearl!!

Keep going! You're doing great!

Lori

Hi Lori,

I see you made another cut, way to go!!!!  I am planning to in a few more days!!!  I hope you are doing well with that and I hope you are having a good time at the shore.

It will not be long and you will be done with this horrible drug!!!!!!!  And I am right behind you, will still be a few months but I am getting there!!!  :smitten:  You have helped me so much !!!!  And alot of other good people here on BB as well.

Love,

Julia  :smitten:

Hi Everyone. It is literally my favorite thing when I get an alert that there is a post on this thread. I see no one else tapering Xanax and I feel

Like we need to stick together!

Julia i hope you are well too! How is 1.875 treating you?

Lori how is your cut going?

I just titrated down to 1.125 and it’s been a little tougher than my previous cuts. I’m not going to let it get me down though. I am going to continue to reduce by .0125 each day until I hit 1.0. Then I’m sorta at a loss as what to do. If Lori says her 3x a day dosing works then I might try that.

Wishing everyone a very happy Sunday and week ahead. Hugs

Hi everyone, I am new to this group. So glad you are all here and that we seem to be going through the same kind of things. I started tapering off of 2.0mg of Xanax last November 1st. I had been taking it for like 30 years. :DI don’t remember the exact cuts and dates but as of the other night I am at .50mg yay! My goal is to be completely off of it as of 12-31-2029. God willing. I too believe that we need a group for us and to stick together as we go off of this horrible medicine. I hope you all have a good day and week. Thanks for being there. Sheila

Welcome Sheila! 

Your taper sounds like it is going great!  Are you using dry cut or DMLT?

Hope you are feeling good!  Welcome to

Our thread

Pearl

Hello All!

Sheila, welcome to the thread! So happy to have you along for this ride. Hopefully we can help with any questions you may have. Or at the very least, offer support and encouragement.  Keep us posted on how you're doing.  :thumbsup:

Julia, thanks for the kind words. I'm at the beach until next Monday and praying the reduction goes okay. It's not fun doing this while vacationing but putting it off just isn't worth it anymore. How are you making out? Praying that this one is as easy as possible!!! Can't wait to catch up when I get home.  :smitten:

Pearl, I know what you mean about getting excited that someone posted. I think that the timing of joining BB can play a role in what you get out of it. Last year I had a nice, and very active group. For the most part, They've all completed their tapers and have moved on. This post got very little traffic. Most of it was from me and Julia!  :laugh:

Hopefully we can all keep it going together. As they say, there's strength in numbers. 

Update: Changing my dose to 3 x's per day went much smoother than I anticipated! The first 3-5 days were only slightly challenging and then it just worked! I'm so happy because it makes dry cutting these buggers so much easier!

Hang in there, everyone! We can do this!!  Love to all!

Lori

Hi Lori! So glad to hear from you!

I am on vacation next week and will be tapering there too. I totally get it.

So I read through some inactive Xanax threads where everyone had completed their taper which is so encouraging. But what I really wanted to know is how they did it dose wise. Did they go from 4 to 3 to 2?

Kristin seemed to have no trouble and she was dosing 4x a day. Do you know how she did her dosing?

I am going to look to you for guidance since you seem to be rocking your taper.

Enjoy your vacation. Prayers for a smooth cut.

Pearl

Hi Pearl!

Heading to the beach soon so forgive me for making this quick....

Kristin did a crazy fast taper. I still talk to her often and she's doing well but highly recommends NOT going as fast as she did. She cut .25 mg the whole way which was crazy fast. I tended to try to follow SeakingPeace1's schedule. She literally "walked off" with almost zero issues last July and we really haven't hea d from her since. We all assumed that she's out living life... as she should be! Sidebar: I'll have to ask Kristen... I can't remember if she was still splitting her doses. If memory serves me right, I think she had always taken her entire dose at night. I know, crazy! It so bizarre how people were RX'd this so differently! I'll double check with her when I get home and will follow up. In the meantime, I think Sakingkpeace dosed several times per day. Will look that up as well.

At this point I'm kind of creating my own taper. I've been at this for so long that I just want to be done. I lost 2 solid months of tapering in January and February due to being sick with a bad sinus infection. Now that I'm below .75, I just want to plow through and be finished with it.  It's been a long journey!!!! Too long!

I promise to keep you posted. I didn't bother calculating the percentage for this last cut. I just knew that I had to make some sort of reduction while on vacation so I eliminated a 1/4 of a .25mg pill in the afternoon. Fingers crossed. If it's works, I'll do the same for my morning dose, and then eventually my evening dose and continue from there.

Again, will keep you posted.  :thumbsup:

Lori

Hi Everyone. It is literally my favorite thing when I get an alert that there is a post on this thread. I see no one else tapering Xanax and I feel

Like we need to stick together!

Julia i hope you are well too! How is 1.875 treating you?

Lori how is your cut going?

I just titrated down to 1.125 and it’s been a little tougher than my previous cuts. I’m not going to let it get me down though. I am going to continue to reduce by .0125 each day until I hit 1.0. Then I’m sorta at a loss as what to do. If Lori says her 3x a day dosing works then I might try that.

Wishing everyone a very happy Sunday and week ahead. Hugs

Hi everyone, glad to hear everyone is making progress!!  PowerPearl, thanks for asking - I am doing ok on the 1.875 and want to do another cut to 1.175 in a few days.  Other than my stomach hurting on and off I have been doing ok on it and today is day 10 I think lol

How are you doing?  Looks like you are making progress as well!!  Awesome!!

Lori - thanks for your response - I am glad you are doing so well and going right on down on your dosage, thats great!!  I hope you have a wonderful vacation and will be glad to hear from you when you get back!

I have started doing .125 mg cuts and that is working for me right now.  They do not seem to be too hard right now.  I will keep doing this unless I start having issues.  Let's hope I don't.  I am trying to positive and start doing things I have not done in a while - like cook!!  Hubby has been doing 95% of the cooking for the last couple years and while he is an awesome cook, he has back problems and it is hard for him to stand so long to cook so I am trying to step up and help out more with that as he has been so supportive and do alot of things that I am not able to do. 

God has blessed me with him and his love and support and I am lucky as I know not everyone has that!!  :(

God has also blessed me with some pretty amazing people/friends on BB.  I am glad to have a place to go and see how everyone is doing and see progress and support when things are not going so well.  Love, encouragement and support is so important and there are special people here that I look up to and respect.

Hope everyone who comes here knows they are welcome and we support each other!!!

Have a great day!!!!!  Oh - and PowerPearl, I did not know you could do the "notify" thing until you wrote what you did about an alert that someone had posted.  Thank you!!!  I just did it and am happy I will know when others post!!

Love and peace!!!

Julia

So I read through some inactive Xanax threads where everyone had completed their taper which is so encouraging. But what I really wanted to know is how they did it dose wise. Did they go from 4 to 3 to 2?

Kristin seemed to have no trouble and she was dosing 4x a day. Do you know how she did her dosing?

Pearl

Hi Pearl!

I received your PM. Cloudy here at the beach so I took some time to look up Kristens notes. Yes, she did end up dosing 4 x's per day. Here is what she wrote when she was at 1.75:

"I found as many people as I could and compared notes. Xanax is so difficult due to the short life in the blood. I was taking my Xanax at night only before. I started at 6 mgs. I decided it might be easier for me to spread the doses out. I dose 4 times a day. I am now st 1.75

Hence, if doing equal amounts, she was dosing @ 4.375 per dose.  However, I know for certain that she did not use a scale or liquid throughout her taper so she was most likely doing what I'm doing and taking a bit out of one dose at a time. Example:  this was my dosing at 1.75: 

.5 mg am

.5 mg lunch

.25 mg dinner

.5 mg before bed

I did start weighing them on a gram scale when I got below 1.5 to 1.0. But I was still dosing 4 times per day. It got easier again at 1.0 as I was simply taking .25 mgs (hav a script for those) 4 times per day.

Rule of thumb is that because Xanax is eliminated from your system in such a short time in comparison to other Benzos, the idea is to try to keep a steady amount in your system to make for an easier taper. Keep in mind that this is why many people, as per Ashton Method, switch to a longer acting Benzo such as Valium. That was not an option for me and to be honest, I'm kind of glad. Granted, this taper has been hell but I was dealing with the devil I knew!  After the paradoxical reaction to Valium, I didn't want to try ANYTHING else! 

All this being said, once I got down this far, dosing 4 times per day was tedious to cut. You know the rest.  :thumbsup:

I hope this was somewhat helpful. There are many taper methods and I'm sure mine is not sanctioned by the taper gods.... aka: Ashton method only supporters, but it's the best I can do right now and in my opinion, as long as I'm making gradual cuts, not going to fast (or too slow for that matter), I'm headed in the right direction! 

Again, I'm not sure if I answered your questions well but I do hope that this helps some.

Love,

Lori

Morning everyone,

I hope things are going well for everyone.  I am having stomach pain again, it is so frustrating!  It gets better and I am so relieved and then it comes back, sometimes with a vengeance and sometimes just mild.  I was going to make another cut but do not know if I should wait or not.  (This is day 11 on this cut)  This stomach thing comes and goes and I do not know if I should wait to cut or just do it!!!!  Sometimes I wonder if when I have issues again that I have had that have gone away or gotten better - and then they get worse again, if it is my body and brain saying its time for the next cut.  Does that make sense?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  The times when this has happened before, it seems like I get better with another small cut.

Hi Lori and PowerPearl - how are you doing today?  Sorry it is cloudy at the beach Lori, but at least you are at the beach and hopefully relaxing some!!!  How is the new cut going?

You too PowerPearl - are you feeling better now or is it the same?  I know you had said it was a little rougher than your other cuts.  I hope it is getting better.

All in all - I see we are all making progress and that is what will get us to the end and to healing!!  Symptoms or not!!

Love and Hugs,

Julia

Lori -  Thank you so much for that info.  That is basically what I am doing now.  Just cutting the .125 off each dose at a time.  Enjoy the beach.  We are going to the lake next week and I hoping it is really relaxing.

Julia - So sorry about the stomach thing.  I have that all the time too.  It's hard for me to give advice on cut and hold because I don't do it anymore.  I use a compounded liquid and reduce .0125mg each day.  So it takes me 10 days to cut off .125.  It's still is no fun but I like it better because I feel like I won't be slammed with side effects and if I am I can back off. I had an experience where I cut too much back in April and it derailed my entire taper.  I would probably be done soon if that hadn't happened. Anyway I am never side effect free.  As long as I am functioning I cut each day.  I do realize this is a direct taper thread but I hope you guys will let me stay anyway  ;) I am going to slow down at 1.0 (which will be in 10 days) because that is where I had trouble before.  Keep us posted on what you decide to do.  I'll be thinking about you because I know that "I am about to cut feeling" and its no fun!  But you are (we all are) getting there!!

Have a great day with lots of healing.

Hugs!

Lori -  Thank you so much for that info.  That is basically what I am doing now.  Just cutting the .125 off each dose at a time.  Enjoy the beach.  We are going to the lake next week and I hoping it is really relaxing.

Julia - So sorry about the stomach thing.  I have that all the time too.  It's hard for me to give advice on cut and hold because I don't do it anymore.  I use a compounded liquid and reduce .0125mg each day.  So it takes me 10 days to cut off .125.  It's still is no fun but I like it better because I feel like I won't be slammed with side effects and if I am I can back off. I had an experience where I cut too much back in April and it derailed my entire taper.  I would probably be done soon if that hadn't happened. Anyway I am never side effect free.  As long as I am functioning I cut each day.  I do realize this is a direct taper thread but I hope you guys will let me stay anyway  ;) I am going to slow down at 1.0 (which will be in 10 days) because that is where I had trouble before.  Keep us posted on what you decide to do.  I'll be thinking about you because I know that "I am about to cut feeling" and its no fun!  But you are (we all are) getting there!!

Have a great day with lots of healing.

Hugs!

Hi PowerPearl, thanks for the response.  I think I am going to do my next cut on Friday, I have something to do Thursday morning that may cause me a little anxiety and I think waiting until the next day is what I should do.  My husband has to go to the VA hospital and it is loud, noisy and people wear alot of perfume and cologne which I am allergic to and there will alot of walking and I have problems with walking too far because of the pinched nerves in my leg and fibro.  Also there will be alot of people there and I have a hard time being around crouds.

But I will be ok...

I have a question for you - you said you do the compounded liquid of Xanax - I did not know that was available and where do you get it and how do you do that?  I would be very interested in finding out if that is an option to keep from having so may cut and holds.  Cutting .125 each cut is what I am doing now so that sounds like an easier thing to do - and BTW - you will always be welcome here!!!

I'll be thinking about you because I know that "I am about to cut feeling" and its no fun!    You are right about that too.  Each time I know I need to make a cut that in itself causes some anxiety with wondering how it will go and praying and hoping it does not bring on more symptoms and problems.  I just try to stay positive knowing I am getting closer to the end with each cut and I like you, as long as I stay functional, will continue on.

I hope you have a great day of healing as well and we are glad you are here!!!!

Love and peace!!!

Julia

Hey Julia,

So the compounded liquid has really changed my taper.  All you have to do is find a compounding pharmacy near you and have your doc write you an Rx.  They can compound it to any strength you want.  I chose 1ml = .125mg because that was the easiest to wrap my head around and I knew I could stop at any .125 increment and go to just pills.  So with the liquid I use a 1ml syringe and day one I take .9ml, day two .8ml, day three .7ml and so on until I reach 0 and then I start over.  That equals a decrease of .0125 each day.  When I was higher in my dosage I was going down .2mls each day but I can't do that anymore.

So for example on my latest cut I went from 1.25 to 1.125. 

On day one I took 1.125 in pills + .9ml liquid

On day two I took 1.125 in pills + .8ml liquid

and so on and so forth.

After 10 days I am at 1.125 in just pills so I have the option to hold and not use any liquid.

I hope that all makes sense. If you have any other questions or it's not clear let me know.

Hugs!

Quote from: tolnbltp on August 20, 2019, 01:50:54 pm

Hey Lori,

Brain fog has taken over.  I am at 1.875 and plan to do a 10% cut on Friday - how the heck do I figure out this percentage?

1.875 x 10% = 0.1875

1.875 - 0.1875 = 1.6875 ?????  is that right?  It does not look right.  I was going to go down to 1.75

Not sure what is going on with my brain the last few days but I do not want to do this wrong...

Love you and hope you are enjoying the shore.  How is the cut going for you?

Love,

Julia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

From the other board.......

Hi Julia!!

1.875 minus 10% = 1.6875 (new dose)

This would equate to .4218 (.422) per dose if dosing 4 times per day. However I know that you haven't done equal doses all the time.  I'm doing this from a phone on the beach (hot as hell)  :idiot:

1) I agree to hold off until after Hubbys appointment.

2) My insurance will NOT cover a compound pharmacy - which sucks! My pharmacy does it, but since my flipping insurance company won't pay for it, it would cost me @ $500 per month! No thank you! .... Hopefully yours will!

Okay.... going to pack up and head back to the house. To be honest, not feeling so great. This flipping tight stomach thing and shortness of breath is ridiculous! I look 6 months pregnant and  I only weigh 101.2 (to be exact  :laugh:) pounds!! It's been a very rough 24 hours. Acid reflux is horrible too! ughhh!!!!!!

Love,

Lori

Lori

Quote from: tolnbltp on August 20, 2019, 01:50:54 pm

Hey Lori,

Brain fog has taken over.  I am at 1.875 and plan to do a 10% cut on Friday - how the heck do I figure out this percentage?

1.875 x 10% = 0.1875

1.875 - 0.1875 = 1.6875 ?????  is that right?  It does not look right.  I was going to go down to 1.75

Not sure what is going on with my brain the last few days but I do not want to do this wrong...

Love you and hope you are enjoying the shore.  How is the cut going for you?

Love,

Julia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

From the other board.......

Hi Julia!!

1.875 minus 10% = 1.6875 (new dose)

This would equate to .4218 (.422) per dose if dosing 4 times per day. However I know that you haven't done equal doses all the time.  I'm doing this from a phone on the beach (hot as hell)  :idiot:

1) I agree to hold off until after Hubbys appointment.

2) My insurance will NOT cover a compound pharmacy - which sucks! My pharmacy does it, but since my flipping insurance company won't pay for it, it would cost me @ $500 per month! No thank you! .... Hopefully yours will!

Okay.... going to pack up and head back to the house. To be honest, not feeling so great. This flipping tight stomach thing and shortness of breath is ridiculous! I look 6 months pregnant and  I only weigh 101.2 (to be exact  :laugh:) pounds!! It's been a very rough 24 hours. Acid reflux is horrible too! ughhh!!!!!!

Love,

Lori

Lori

Hi Lori,

Thanks for the information, I just do not know why I am having such a problem figuring these percentages.  You are correct that I take 4 doses but do not do them equally.  Right now I am taking it as follows:

..625 am

.5 noon

.5 supper

.25 night

= 1.875

I had started taking away from my morning dose as that was the highest.

Now - to do 1.6875 I do not know how to do that with staying with the pills I have.  I can do .5, .25 and .125 as Hubby broke a bunch of pills down for me - thank God he can see and use that damn pill cutter because I can't.

What do you suggest?  Go down to 1.6875 or 1.75 which I know I would do .5, .5, .5 and .25.

Also what is your opinion about the compound liquid?  Would you do it if you could??

There is a compounding pharmacy close to me that does take my insurance so I am going to call them to see what I would need to do and what the cost would be.

Sorry you are having a rough time, sounds like your cut is kicking in!!!  I know it will get better for you but I know it sucks and it is hard for you!!!

Love,

Julia

Pearl

:thumbsup: found it.

Once I got to .0625mg in each of four doses I dropped one.  A few days later I dropped another one because I had no amped symptoms. Kept doing this every few days til I was done.

Hope that helps!

Challis!!

Hi!  Thank you for chiming in. This has really been on my mind lately and I am so glad to have some solid advice to go on!

Hey Julia,

So the compounded liquid has really changed my taper.  All you have to do is find a compounding pharmacy near you and have your doc write you an Rx.  They can compound it to any strength you want.  I chose 1ml = .125mg because that was the easiest to wrap my head around and I knew I could stop at any .125 increment and go to just pills.  So with the liquid I use a 1ml syringe and day one I take .9ml, day two .8ml, day three .7ml and so on until I reach 0 and then I start over.  That equals a decrease of .0125 each day.  When I was higher in my dosage I was going down .2mls each day but I can't do that anymore.

So for example on my latest cut I went from 1.25 to 1.125. 

On day one I took 1.125 in pills + .9ml liquid

On day two I took 1.125 in pills + .8ml liquid

and so on and so forth.

After 10 days I am at 1.125 in just pills so I have the option to hold and not use any liquid.

I hope that all makes sense. If you have any other questions or it's not clear let me know.

Hugs!

Hi PowerPearl,

Thank you for the information.  I will check into that.  I did just have a conversation with my husband and right now I am doing well with just taking the pills and will stick with that for now.  The other thing is that I did try the micro liquid taper a while back  (dissolving pills with vodka and water)  and did not do well on it at all and ended up having to hold for a while to get myself stable again and I do not want to go through that again.  I do not know if the compound Xanax would be any different than the liquid taper I tried before so I am kind of scared to try that.

I will keep going and if I find I need to go that route, I will asked you more about it.

Thanks for being here and sharing what is working for you!

Hugs to you too!!  :smitten:

Julia