Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Under the Rug (Trigger Warning)

[We...]

Greetings Girlfriends!!

I just realized I better get back online here again before Welchie spreads any more rumors about how old I am!  Hi Joy, you must not be very far away, maybe down the street from me!  I'm in Tempe. Haven't heard from TaterTot lately, she's over in Desert Ridge, north of Phoenix. Did you feel the Calif. earthquake today?  I didn't but they said on the news a lot of people did.  Hey Welchie did your hub get back from Missouri?  Mine's in Colorado right now. I have a sister in Mo. [st. Louis]

I've been feeling pretty good, so I'm trying to get caught up on the work around here. [sweeping out the rattlesnakes & tumbleweeds]  Something bit me on the leg this morning when I was pruning an olive tree. A red, hot spot that's been getting bigger all day.  Well, hell, I don't want to go to the Dr.  Somewhere around here hubby has some prescription cortisone cream.

How are you doing today, SaraSue? Just keep on keeping on, and you'll start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [We...]

• [de...]

• [So...]

• [up...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Well....it's good to see everyone's back and sassy as ever.

SaraSue  :) and  :smitten:

So, we almost lost you all in AZ to an earthquake in California?  That's a helluva way to go, but I suppose it beats dying of high cholesterol.  Or a freaking anxiety attack.

ZONA!!!  Yes.  Hub dared to come back from 'Missoura' and I survived the week quite well.  A little too well!!  Did the same thing as you....hoed out some stuff that piled up during withdrawal.  No tumbleweeds though.  No rattlesnakes.  But we have mosquitos here from the rain and humidity that would probably show up on radar. 

So I take it you're laying low with your a/c in that 109* weather.  Unless you mean you're 109 years old??? 

Hi Ladies!

My submission for the round of hubby jokes:

Husband: "want a quickie"

Wife: "as opposed to what?"

Ha!  How many husbands does it take to change a light bulb?

One.  He holds it there and waits for the world to revolve around him.

Ha!  How many husbands does it take to change a light bulb?

One.  He holds it there and waits for the world to revolve around him.

I freaking love this!!!

:laugh::D:laugh:

Man:  How about swapping positions tonight?

Woman:  Great! You stand at the sink and do the dishes while I sit on the sofa and fart.

1: A husband is someone who, after taking the trash out, gives the impression he cleaned the whole house!

2: Him:  "Hey honey, what's the password for the computer?"

Me:    "Our anniversary!"

Him:  grumbles, "she did this on purpose."

3. My honey and I have started aggressively planning for our retirement, and by that I mean we're playing the lottery 3-5 times a week!

Hi how is everyone doing?

I haven’t been on here on a while. I’ve been isolating both physically and digitally.

7 months out today and not doing well. I hope you all are faring much better than I am.

How about a joke about us ladies... ;D

What did one saggy boob say to the other saggy boob?

We better get some support before someone thinks we're nuts!

(I can relate in both departments- the tit-sag has begun and feeling  :idiot:)

:clap:  LOL  Good idea about lady jokes....funny how there are much less of those around....but I'll try to come up with a few.  We have to be equal opportunity here!!!!

I was talking with someone about art today and was reminded of an old friend who has since passed.  He sold his art up in Ogunquit ME on Marginal Way, one of those tourist attractions.  Anyway, I dug out the sign he used to have on the door to his little shop and thought I would share...but try to picture it with a very thick Maine accent...

BUSINESS HOURS

Open most days about 9:00 or 10:00

Sometimes as early a 8:00

But occasionally as late as 12:00 or 1:00

We close about 4:00 or 5:00

But once in a while as late as 9:00 or 10:00

Lately we've been here most every day

That is, except Mondays, when we're never here, except sometimes

He was quite a character!!!  And ended up in Who's Who...he was really that good.  Would get about $10,000 for some of his paintings.  He was my mentor with art and I miss him dearly.  But I'm sure he's raising some hell at those pearly gates.....

I was talking with someone about art today and was reminded of an old friend who has since passed.  He sold his art up in Ogunquit ME on Marginal Way, one of those tourist attractions.  Anyway, I dug out the sign he used to have on the door to his little shop and thought I would share...but try to picture it with a very thick Maine accent...

BUSINESS HOURS

Open most days about 9:00 or 10:00

Sometimes as early a 8:00

But occasionally as late as 12:00 or 1:00

We close about 4:00 or 5:00

But once in a while as late as 9:00 or 10:00

Lately we've been here most every day

That is, except Mondays, when we're never here, except sometimes

He was quite a character!!!  And ended up in Who's Who...he was really that good.  Would get about $10,000 for some of his paintings.  He was my mentor with art and I miss him dearly.  But I'm sure he's raising some hell at those pearly gates.....

I love how you like to laugh, Welchie.  Thanks for that!

I was an art dealer years ago...there were lots of characters in the biz!

What kind of art do you do?

Hey Circle!  :thumbsup:  A good laugh gets the feel good chemicals happening.  And God knows we don't get enough of it on this trail of tears!!!  Actually, I bought a water color from a Native American artist along time ago.  The piece was called Trail of Tears.  He was color blind, and his work was somewhat simplistic, but he had an amazing ability when it came to value.

So you were an art dealer...that must have been a very cool career.

My passion, or used to be, was oil painting.  I sold some stuff out of a place in Portsmouth NH for a while and worked at an art store in Portsmouth too.  At the time I had a couple of rentals and could afford to goof around for a few years.  It was a fun time in my life.  That's how I met George Carpenter...the artist with the sign on the door.  You can google him.  A very gruff guy with a heart of gold.

He would blow into the art store cussing up a storm....this is a F-ing junk shop...who's in charge of this F-ing crap anyway...where's the F-ing manager...    So I would stand there with my hands on my hips and tell him to watch his F-ing language.  That's how our friendship started.

Do you do art yourself?  Come on now...fess up!!!

And notice I'm having a hard time coming up with lady jokes....oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL!!! I love you ladies, who manage to laugh despite what you are going through. Sometimes, laughter IS the best medicine.

Tater, thank you so much for your PM to me. Ask Welchie about me, please, if you don't already know. I SO love BB and am devoted to it despite it all. I know one of my life's work is to work with benzo people. I will find a way to do this. I would like to tell my horrific story PUBLICALLY, like in a newspaper of a radio show. People NEED to know what has happened to us!

Men! At my age, who needs 'em? Phooey on men. Women rock and woman  make the world go around. I love James Brown but he was DEAD WRONG. Its us women who do the REAL work, caring for others and never stopping to rest. Women are so much stronger than men. Most men would crumple if they had to face what every women does every single day. LOL!

You dear ladies keep on going and keep on supporting each other in this totally weird journey called benzo wd. It is NOT an easy journey. Potholes everywhere and one can trip and fall so easily. The Benzo Maze IS awful, but you CAN get through it.

east (Annie and the infamous Bear, my beloved cat)

Yup, that's little me, the infamous Annie.

Art stuff: you don't know this about me but when I lived up in Boston, I created my own artsy fartsy stuff and every weekend I wasn't working in the hospital,, I was doing art/craft shows allover New England. Never earned much money but had a wonderful time anyway. Most of my work was handpainted mirror frames, bowls and other wood stuff. Very jazzy stuff that appealed to a niche audience, younger, hip people. I sold well in Cambridge, which was where I lived then. But the rest of NE? NOT, all they wanted was "country crap." LOL! I even se4ved as the New England art show reviewer on the one major magazine that serves people who create nice stuff nd sell in craft shows. I still have several of those mirrors and they still appeal to me.

Anytime I need a smile, I know where to find that. Right here. You ladies rock!

Infamous Annie and BearBear

Welchie,

...I’ve often dabbled in the arts, but I have trouble letting myself go with the creative flow...

I’ve taken classes over the years in silk screen, welding, hammer & chisel, lost wax method jewelry, ceramics (both wheel & handbuilding), photography, and I’m sure I forgot something.  A jack of all trades, master of none.

I’m taking ceramics handbuilding class currently. It’s a great distraction for me, but I do get anxious with making all the creative decisions!  So I decided I would concentrate on playing with the different decorative materials and processes.  This studio I’m working at has 4 types of firing:  gas firing, soda kiln firing, Raku, wood firing.  And then underglazes, colored slips and glazes.  Also scrafito, texture, so much more!  It’s also therapeutic to get my hands in the clay.  Very fun!

Are you doing any art now?

circlestar...LOL about letting yourself flow with it!  Sometimes I think that's the hardest part.  And LOL again because I love to dabble in everything too.  I'm like...Oh...gotta try that, gotta try this...  And there's so many very cool new products to try out.  I think it's part of the creative personality and I try to remind myself of that when I'm going off in six directions!!!  But it's the process that's more fun oftentimes, than the finished product.

Have you ever really gone into 'flow'?  Sometimes I'll start something and boom....eight hours have gone by and it only feels like twenty minutes!!! 

It's definitely good to do something fun.  Helps keep us connected to what's good and right and happy while we recover.  Good for the soul.  Ceramics and clay can be a lot of fun.  Haven't done it since high school, which was a VERY long time ago.  There's so much you can do with that medium!!!  And that studio your using sounds straight up very cool.  You seem to be drawn to 3D type stuff?  Really hands on kinds of things?  I can picture you...hammer and chisel in hand...or welding with that mask on!!!

Of late I've been slumming it and fooling around with zentangle with just pencil and pen.  Have you tried it?  It is sooo much fun.  And it really is Zen-like.  Very relaxing, it flows, with no pressure, lots of fun surprises along the way.

And pyrography (woodburning).  I tried it a few years back and picked it up again recently because it doesn't 'sprawl' and take over the house, if you know what I mean.  Lots of interesting effects cuz you can mix oil paint into varnish to get subtle effects.  Like you are doing now with ceramics...I'm in an exploratory stage with it.  Which will probably lead to another six things!!!  But just messing around...no pressure, you know?  Sometimes I can stress myself out expecting great and grand results rather than just focusing on the play and the process. 

Oh boy...off I go!!!

Annie...your stuff sounds wonderful.  Very upbeat and playful.  And that it still appeals to you I guess means you followed your muse.  Bright colors will always have a niche.  Remember how Fiestaware had a big comeback?  Crickey...they were getting a couple hundred dollars or more for the orange water pitchers!  Though, I'm noticing on the television adds for furniture, everything they're pushing seems to be really dull ranges of grey.  Yeck!  Gray on gray on black.  Shudder!

And Annie, don't forget....well behaved women seldom make history!!!!

I started beading during wd as a distraction. It was a great way to get my mind off wd. I recently  bought some really nice beads at Michaels and today did a necklace. I always use magnetic clasps as my arthritic fingers cannot do normal ones. My first try was a mistake. I cut the string too damn short! And then Baer jumped on my table and sent all the damn beads flying! LOL! Took me 30 minutes to collect them all. A while later I tried again and this time got it right. I am now wearing a really nice necklace, made of iridescent blue/purple/black beads in irregular shapes.

There is so much I would like to learn about beading, but for some reason I cannot sit still to view videos on stuff.  YouTube has bunch of them but In just cannot make myself watch them. This is (to me) clearly a post bwd thing. Wish I knew how to fix that one!

The more I know about benzo wd, the more unsure I am of just about everything I thought I knew about it. There are SO many unanswered questions. I sort of feel our governments have let us all down badly, by not recognizing what we go through Do any of you think this? Sop many unknowns IS frightening.

Infamous Annie and the adorable Bear

This thread has slowed down quite a bit and I think I know why...we're all basically RECOVERED !    [i hope I'm right!!]

[55...]