• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [Bn...]

• [Ma...]

• [to...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jim,

I am sorry but I do not understand your formula.  If I am doing .25 mg cuts every 20 - 30 days, is that ok or not?  I am not good at math.  Used to be - used to be a payroll accountant - not since Xanax. 

Also - is the 10% cut from the dose I am on now or from where I started - 3.5 mg a day?  I have been so confused on all this. 

thanks for your help. 

How are you doing?

Divide the reduction, by the starting dose  X 100

.25mg/2.50mg = .1  X 100 = 10%

Thanks Jim,

I am sorry but I do not understand your formula.  If I am doing .25 mg cuts every 20 - 30 days, is that ok or not?  I am not good at math.  Used to be - used to be a payroll accountant - not since Xanax. 

Also - is the 10% cut from the dose I am on now or from where I started - 3.5 mg a day?  I have been so confused on all this. 

thanks for your help. 

How are you doing?

Divide the reduction, by the starting dose  X 100

.25mg/2.50mg = .1  X 100 = 10%

That’s easier than my formula.

Julia- you might need to slow down as you get into lower doses. I really believe the only reason I was able to make it work by reducing 0.125mg per week was because I was generally a short term user.

Use builder’s formula and try to keep the amount near 10% per cut. You could always try a DLMT as well. Builder has helped plenty of other buddies work out their taper schedules using this method.

Hi Julia,

You can use Google to do the math for a cut.

Examples:

A.

I want to reduce 3.5 by 5 percent . . .

Put in Google: 3.5 - 5%

Answer at top of Google: 3.42 (amount of dose to take on next cut)

B.

I want to find out what is 5% of 3.5 to subtract for the next cut.

Put in Google: What is 5% of 3.5

Answer at top of Google: .175 (amount to subtract from a current 3.5 dose)

Hello,

Thanks everyone for your help.  I seem to be having the roughest time in the last week on and off than I have since I started tapering in January.  I was feeling better but this cut is different for me.

I get so confused and my memory comes and goes so I do not remember things well. 

One more question - so to do a 10% cut every 10-14 days - does that mean that in a months time I should be going down 20%? 

I think I will be cutting back on the cuts as I think they are starting to cause me symptoms now. Not every day but on and off and today is one of them.  I was ok yesterday but not today and I have been like this for a week or so.  Day 11 of this cut.

Again - thank everyone for your help.

Julia

Hello,

Anyone that can answer my question about the 20% a month, I would appreciate it. 

I started taper in January when I was at 3.5 mg X, when I started taper I went down to 3.25 and have been cutting by .25 mg each time.  May have to slow it down.

Thanks all!!

Hello,

Anyone that can answer my question about the 20% a month, I would appreciate it. 

I started taper in January when I was at 3.5 mg X, when I started taper I went down to 3.25 and have been cutting by .25 mg each time.  May have to slow it down.

Thanks all!!

Hi Julia- I would shoot for 10% of your current dose so the actual monthly total won’t equal out to be 20% by the end of the month. If that sounds confusing just focus on the calculations for each 10% cut.

If there’s one thing I learned during this process it was to not focus too much on the future and just focus on the present.

Thanks Jim,  I appreciate your help.  I will do that.

Do I do 10% every 14 days or how often do you think I should be making cuts?

congrats on jumping.  Hope you are doing great!!!! 

Julia