Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Open Group  ·  69 members

Music Lovers

SONGS That Make You Wanna BUST A MOVE!

[Yo...]

I lived in Japan for a long time, Estee. They grow them taller now, you'll be happy to know! That's what you meant, right?

You made me laugh to tears, Shook. I cannot understand why tall women fall for smaller men. Nicole Kidman was 4" taller than Tom Cruise. And he left her anyway. I have always been popular with small men. And it felt kind of awkward. Here's another song for Fabio. He's 75'1'' tall, FYI. What about this guy? On an attractiveness scale, I mean. Guess I'm rapid cycling. Where the hell is my melancholy mood? Only frustration with my laziness left. Shook, how could you?

http://s1268.photobucket.com/component/Download-File?file=%2Falbums%2Fjj561%2FTooManyWastedDays%2FIMG_0918_zpsooskg1iv.jpg

Vid: Right Said Fred "I'm Too Sexy"(1991)

Lyrics

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." [soren Kierkegaard]

"Do not dwell on the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." [buddha]

width=420 height=89https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;93/st/20160228/e/last+damn+Ambien+pill/dt/6/k/5848/event.png[/img]

Actually he was not overly functional at the time. He spent most of his days either sleeping, watching TV or reading. He only left his huge BR to take a bath, wash his hands, and drink covfefe. He loved to read and am I guessing he could have gotten his PhD in literature. Very smart but uneducated. Yoko wanted nothing to with Sean as she claimed that she was not a maternal person, (which goes along with the fact that she ignored her daughter), so a couple of nannies raised him. Both John and Yoko were not good employers and treated the help miserably. And they had a LOT of help. Yoko was addicted to heroin but she kept that from John. She had a go-to boy who would buy some for her every morning and he would sneak it into her office. John wanted nothing to do with finances, which is one reason The Beatles got ripped off.

Yoko actually slept on her office down stairs, as she said she needed very little sleep..He used to talk about being a home dad and making bread. That's why he and Paul decided not to be enemies anymore. That was John's problem, not Paul's. Paul had called him up while John happened to be making bread for the very first time, and Paul got into that because he loved his kids and paid a lot of attention to them. That was the one and only time he made bread. He only got better toward the end of his life, when he was recording his last album at the Record Planet. He did he best work when Yoko was not around. This info can be found in the most recent of John's biography, written by Hunter Davies. I like the Japanese as well. The are very hard working. But Yoko was a con artist to the max and had John under her spell. John was always looking for someone to look after him, as his mother left him all alone at night when he was just a baby (what can I say? She was a party gal and a whore), then he got no love at all from his Aunt Mimi. He always kept the light one day and night, because of his memories of being in the dark when his mother Julia, booked town. He always had very low self esteem, which he tried to over compensate for by getting into fights and challenging others. One reason why they broke up was that John was the leader of the band, and when Yoko showed up, Paul took over. The three other Beatles hated her guts.

OK OK. I did go off topic. I'm just a Beatles (and post) fanatic so I read everything I can get my hands on. Shook, good for reaching that milestone. I suspected it would happen any day now. :smitten: You speaky Japanesee?

I did love that young band. It made me LOL. And that little kid hitting sticks.

I do like Simple Minds a lot. From the great classic movie, The Breakfast Club.

Don't You Forget About Me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jlHz0wF0Ig

Well, Bets. I find it hugely interesting. I read somewhere that Yoko was unstable and suffered from depression. She even got married to some guy who was supposed to keep her off psych ward. I think John was infatuated with her looks. She was beautiful and seductive. I don't mind your straying off topic, Bets. Does Shook mind? Too bad :'( I guess music and artists' biographical details are largely intertwined. Especially when giant rock stars like The Beatles are concerned. Just a biographical musicians' thread without songs could be boring... If someone isn't interested, they may just skip the small written section. What do you say, Shook? You're the boss here, after all...

P.S. Edited my opinion about Tom Cruise...

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." [soren Kierkegaard]

"Do not dwell on the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." [buddha]

width=420 height=89https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;93/st/20160228/e/last+Ambien+pill/dt/6/k/5760/event.png[/img]

http://s1268.photobucket.com/component/Download-File?file=%2Falbums%2Fjj561%2FTooManyWastedDays%2FIMG_0734_zpsayjkwond.jpg

Oh well, sounds so familiar. What about a little headbanging on Monday, Shook :brickwall: To kick off the week like a rockstar.

One of the greatest riffs ever by Tony Iommi. The guy has always played guitar left-handed. At age 17, he lost the tips of his middle and ring finger in an industrial accident on his last days of work in a sheet metal factory. He thought he was finished with playing guitar. In spite of that, he didn't give up. Fitted homemade thimbles to his injured fingers to extend and protect them. "No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking.", as Voltaire once put it.

Hope this song hasn't been posted before. Awesome solo by Tony Iommi, one of the best guitar players ever. Great bass by Geezer Butler. Ozzy's vocals as cool as always. Posting the version with lyrics for non-native speakers of English.

Black Sabbath "Paranoid" (1970): Vid + Lyrics

Songfacts

Everything is fine and dandy.

width=420 height=89https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;93/st/20160228/e/last+Ambien+pill/dt/6/k/5760/event.png[/img]

Black Sabbath! LOVE

Me too :thumbsup: The boys recorded this track before I was even born. Tony is a real hero. And headbanging always good for the neck muscles! And difficult emotions...

Black Sabbath! LOVE

Me too :thumbsup: The boys recorded this track before I was even born. Tony is a real hero. And headbanging always good for the neck muscles! And difficult emotions...

LOL truth! Not so much for the dizzy boat riding feeling... but I'm going to do it anyway...

Love Is The Drug by Grace Jones

She's badass!

Watch her kick butt in "Conan The Destroyer" or "A View To A Kill"...

Wonder what she's been up to all these years since the glorious eighties?

Black Sabbath! LOVE

LOL truth! Not so much for the dizzy boat riding feeling... but I'm going to do it anyway...

Yeah, this one sounds awesome as well. It's the opening track from "Paranoid". Lots of bands did covers of this one, including "Faith No More". But the Black Sabbath version is absolutely the best.

Dancing In The Streets - Mick Jagger & David Bowie

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4jnaznUoQ

I love what one music commentator said about this video. Something like "How can two of the coolest guys in rock come out looking like that uncle that embarrasses you with his dance moves at your wedding".

Haha, that's funny.  They are pretty weird there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPuXvpkOLmM

They're a Montreal band and were part of a Canada Day concert here in July which I missed!! I could've done the Safety Dance with thousands of people!!  :sick:

Oh well.  :)

LOL everyone knows 'that guy'!

Don't forget to practice safety while busting a move.. (that's right, i'm in no condition for high kicks)

Hah - I think I posted them months ago.  Maybe another thread.  Live - yes they were amazing and naughty and took NY nightclubs by storm.  How bout.

LOL everyone knows 'that guy'!

Don't forget to practice safety while busting a move.. (that's right, i'm in no condition for high kicks)

Hah - I think I posted them months ago.  Maybe another thread.  Live - yes they were amazing and naughty and took NY nightclubs by storm.  How bout.

YES! Groovy song and he's hot.

Last Night A DJ Saved My Life by Indeep

The toilet flush part is my favorite! ;)

Check out the dude in white pants at 1:38! And in slo-mo at 3:46! lol