Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Open Group  ·  70 members

Music Lovers

SONGS That Make You Wanna BUST A MOVE!

[Yo...]

I like this video. It's sweet to see two people doing "normal" stuff together. I hope I get back there someday!

Yes, me too. I remember hearing the song for the first time in 2011. I remember both the song and the video being so uplifting and wonderful to see. I guess I had a small moment of clarity and feelings of actual happiness tonight. Have felt very little of that in almost 3 years. Hope those windows become a bit more frequent. There used to be a time in my life when music made the anxiety meds unnecessary. Hope it goes back to that, again.

Cheers to even the shortest of windows! Like little beacons of hope.I hope they become more frequent and longer for you too. I believe you will get back to music as an anti anxiety tool.

I wanted sth funny, Bets. What's all this rant about Oasis. This stuff?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/liam-gallagher-vs-noel-gallagher-inside-oasis-beef-history-w491899

I think this is the musical version of the Hatfields and McCoys...lmao.

I don't even have the patience to read it, Bets. They're nuts. So what? Many ppl are nowadays. In my country, every 3rd person is on an AD. Do you think if I read it, it would make me laugh?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." [soren Kierkegaard]

"Do not dwell on the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." [buddha]

width=420 height=89https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;93/st/20160228/e/last+damn+Ambien+pill/dt/6/k/5848/event.png[/img]

I think you posted that link, Estee. I just made a comment about it. Hope you are feeling better. :smitten:

I happen to like the Ramones.

Blitzkrieg Bop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYh1lRR1m6Y

Hey ho, let's go! hey ho, let's go!

They're forming in straight line

They're going through a tight wind

The kids are losing their minds

The blitzkrieg bop

They're piling in the back seat

They're generating steam heat

Pulsating to the back beat

The blitzkrieg bop

Hey ho, let's go

Shoot'em in the back now

What they want, I don't know

They're all revved up and ready to go

The blitzkrieg bop

The blitzkrieg bop

Hey ho, let's go

Shoot'em in the back now

What they want, I don't know

They're all revved up and ready to go

The blitzkrieg bop

The blitzkrieg bop

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/liam-gallagher-vs-noel-gallagher-inside-oasis-beef-history-w491899

I think you posted that link, Estee. I just made a comment about it. Hope you are feeling better. :smitten:

Yeah, I did, Bets. Whatever. Very unwell. Took Phenergan drops. Helped with nausea but my brain shut off. It's the third freaking day I cannot eat. Love The Ramones ❤️ Used to listen to them already as a kid, along with The Sex Pistols, Jimi Hendrix and other hard rock, heavy metal stuff. Lots of friends had their amateur bands in which they played. Then with ex we met professional rock musicians here. Many were recovering heroin and alcohol addicts. Attended AA/NA meetings with us. Some hit rock bottom and died. It's tough to compose and play while trying to stay sober. Also went to lots of gigs etc. It was kind of cool. All this rock n'roll lifestyle.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." [soren Kierkegaard]

"Do not dwell on the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." [buddha]

width=420 height=89https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;93/st/20160228/e/last+Ambien+pill/dt/18/k/4806/event.png[/img]

Yeah, I did, Bets. Whatever. Very unwell. Took Phenergan drops. Helped with nausea but my brain shut off. It's the third freaking day I cannot eat. Love The Ramones ❤️ Used to listen to them already as a kid, along with The Sex Pistols, Jimi Hendrix and other hard rock, heavy metal stuff. Lots of friends had their amateur bands in which they played. Then with ex we met professional rock musicians here. Many were recovering heroin and alcohol addicts. Attended AA/NA meetings with us. Some hit rock bottom and died. It's tough to compose and play while trying to stay sober. Also went to lots of gigs etc. It was kind of cool. All this rock n'roll lifestyle.

width=420 height=89https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;93/st/20160228/e/last+Ambien+pill/dt/18/k/4806/event.png[/img]

Estee:

Sounds like you had a cool life. I don't remember when Jimi died. I was too young. But I do like the Sex Pistols. I also like that your changed that color to maroon. Very easy to read. Sorry you feel terrible. I hope it passes. I got a bunch of nausea too last night. I spent half the night in my bathroom.

Estee:

Sounds like you had a cool life. I don't remember when Jimi died. I was too young. But I do like the Sex Pistols. I also like that your changed that color to maroon. Very easy to read. Sorry you feel terrible. I hope it passes. I got a bunch of nausea too last night. I spent half the night in my bathroom.

Wasn't even born when Jimi died. He was barely 28 yrs old. On the night of Sept. 18, 1970 in London. Couldn't sleep after having taken amphs. ODed on his gf's prescribed barbs. This gf was quite difficult. Very jealous and abusive verbally. I think his death was accidental. He was just a recreational drug user. It was really tragic. Could have composed so many great songs. He was unique.

Now off to sth more positive. As Ed Van Halen once put it:"Music kept me off the streets and out of trouble and gave me sth that was mine, that no one could take from me."

http://s1268.photobucket.com/component/Download-File?file=%2Falbums%2Fjj561%2FTooManyWastedDays%2FIMG_0866_zpsjs4qmy9c.jpg

Shook. Doesn't Ed look more cool than Fabio in this picture? Oh well. One of the greatest guitar riffs ever. As a guy from RollingStone said, "[...] But underneath that [technique] Eddie has soul. It's like Hendrix - you can play the things he's written, but there's an X factor you can't get."

Just like Stevie Ray Vaughan and Eric Clapton did covers of Jimi's "Little Wing". But they weren't half as good. Although both are great guitar players. Vaughan's version was instrumental. The Jimi's version is the best, IMO. And I will forever associate it with my Kitty.

Ed doubled the solo section in overdubs on the above track with an electric sitar. This song was originally meant to be a punk rock parody - just two chords. But it didn't end up sounding punk. Ed played this tune to his bandmates a year later after he composed it. He thought it wasn't good enough. How funny.

This song is for Fabio. And all His admirers. :angel:

Van Halen "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love" (1978):

https://itunes.apple.com/pl/album/aint-talkin-bout-love/id253298638?i=253298914

I'm glad you like maroon, Bets. I'm thinking maybe black is the best. Like to keep things simple.

width=420 height=89https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;93/st/20160228/e/last+Ambien+pill/dt/6/k/5760/event.png[/img]

Hey Estee:

I recall that Eddie is married to Valerie B. from that TV show. I always thought they made a cute couple. He is FAR better looking than Fabio. lol. Yes you are younger than I am because I think I was five or so when Jimi died. I recall many deaths during that period. Morrison, Janis and the most shocking picture I ever saw when I was a kid. Brian Jones on the front page at the bottom of his pool. I think Eddie is a great guitarist, along with the likes of Richards, Beck and Clapton. I think Mark from Dire Straits got a lot better as time went by. I always liked that band. I recall listening to this when I was a tiny teen. Oh black is fine too.

Hey Estee:

I recall that Eddie is married to Valerie B. from that TV show. I always thought they made a cute couple. He is FAR better looking than Fabio. lol. Yes you are younger than I am because I think I was five or so when Jimi died. I recall many deaths during that period. Morrison, Janis and the most shocking picture I ever saw when I was a kid. Brian Jones on the front page at the bottom of his pool. I think Eddie is a great guitarist, along with the likes of Richards, Beck and Clapton. I think Mark from Dire Straits got a lot better as time went by. I always liked that band. I recall listening to this when I was a tiny teen. Oh black is fine too.

Yeah, like Mike Knopfler very much. My fav Dire Straits' song is "Brothers in Arms". Awesome guitar player. Ed is no longer with Valerie. She filed for divorce in 2005, after 14 yrs of marriage. It was finalized in 2007. Ed remarried in 2009, Valerie in 2011. Ed has had serious substance abuse and health problems for the majority of his life. Both his parents were musicians. That's why he's so talented. Amazing guitarist. Was joking about Fabio. I didn't even know he existed till I found Shook's sig. Haven't watched TV for more than 10 yrs.

width=420 height=89https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;93/st/20160228/e/last+Ambien+pill/dt/6/k/5760/event.png[/img]

I did think they got the Big D but wasn't sure. Too bad. I always thought Eddie had a drug problem as so many great musicians do. I recall that Lennon, instead of smoking a joint made of pot, used to crush hash and make a cigar sized one. He also took a bath 13 times a day, and washed his hands 24 times a day. A bit OCD? He also drank a cup of coffee at least 20X a day. Paul quit both the pot and ciggies in 1984 I think. John smoked like crazy until he died. And that's what killed George. Sad really. :'( And never mind Clapton with his drinking and heroin and his poor son........I think poor Pattie Boyd got the worst of it. I'll listen to that song.

I recall that Lennon, instead of smoking a joint made of pot, used to crush hash and make a cigar sized one. He also took a bath 13 times a day, and washed his hands 24 times a day. A bit OCD? He also drank a cup of coffee at least 20X a day. Paul quit both the pot and ciggies in 1984 I think. John smoked like crazy until he died.

Might have been OCPD as well, Bets. Don't know if hand washing and showering made him suffer. Rather not OCD, cause he was functional. As to 20 cups of coffee. He did not use coke? Read somewhere he was into heroin at some time in his life. Gustave Flaubert drank like 80 cups of coffee a day. I drink about 10, but I have low blood pressure. And am sluggish from my Prozac + Valium cocktail.

Am really sad about Yoko... I love Japanese ppl. They are great photographers, hard-working. Everything about them is so cool. If those guys weren't so small..

width=420 height=89https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;93/st/20160228/e/last+Ambien+pill/k/5201/event.png[/img]

I recall that Lennon, instead of smoking a joint made of pot, used to crush hash and make a cigar sized one. He also took a bath 13 times a day, and washed his hands 24 times a day. A bit OCD? He also drank a cup of coffee at least 20X a day. Paul quit both the pot and ciggies in 1984 I think. John smoked like crazy until he died.

Might have been OCPD as well, Bets. Don't know if hand washing and showering made him suffer. Rather not OCD, cause he was functional. As to 20 cups of coffee. He did not use coke? Read somewhere he was into heroin at some time in his life. Gustave Flaubert drank like 80 cups of coffee a day. I drink about 10, but I have low blood pressure. And am sluggish from my Prozac + Valium cocktail.

Am really sad about Yoko... I love Japanese ppl. They are great photographers, hard-working. Everything about them is so cool. If those guys weren't so small..

width=420 height=89https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;93/st/20160228/e/last+Ambien+pill/k/5201/event.png[/img]

Actually he was not overly functional at the time. He spent most of his days either sleeping, watching TV or reading. He only left his huge BR to take a bath, wash his hands, and drink covfefe. He loved to read and am I guessing he could have gotten his PhD in literature. Very smart but uneducated. Yoko wanted nothing to with Sean as she claimed that she was not a maternal person, (which goes along with the fact that she ignored her daughter), so a couple of nannies raised him. Both John and Yoko were not good employers and treated the help miserably. And they had a LOT of help. Yoko was addicted to heroin but she kept that from John. She had a go-to boy who would buy some for her every morning and he would sneak it into her office. John wanted nothing to do with finances, which is one reason The Beatles got ripped off.

Yoko actually slept on her office down stairs, as she said she needed very little sleep..He used to talk about being a home dad and making bread. That's why he and Paul decided not to be enemies anymore. That was John's problem, not Paul's. Paul had called him up while John happened to be making bread for the very first time, and Paul got into that because he loved his kids and paid a lot of attention to them. That was the one and only time he made bread. He only got better toward the end of his life, when he was recording his last album at the Record Planet. He did he best work when Yoko was not around. This info can be found in the most recent of John's biography, written by Hunter Davies. I like the Japanese as well. The are very hard working. But Yoko was a con artist to the max and had John under her spell. John was always looking for someone to look after him, as his mother left him all alone at night when he was just a baby (what can I say? She was a party gal and a whore), then he got no love at all from his Aunt Mimi. He always kept the light one day and night, because of his memories of being in the dark when his mother Julia, booked town. He always had very low self esteem, which he tried to over compensate for by getting into fights and challenging others. One reason why they broke up was that John was the leader of the band, and when Yoko showed up, Paul took over. The three other Beatles hated her guts.

OK OK. I did go off topic. I'm just a Beatles (and post) fanatic so I read everything I can get my hands on. Shook, good for reaching that milestone. I suspected it would happen any day now. :smitten: You speaky Japanesee?

I did love that young band. It made me LOL. And that little kid hitting sticks.

I do like Simple Minds a lot. From the great classic movie, The Breakfast Club.

Don't You Forget About Me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jlHz0wF0Ig

Why not start a Beatles discussion thread BG? Or general rock 'n' roll history. I'm sure it would take off!

My Japanese is OK. Can get the gist and get my meaning across. Didn't cause any international incidents.  :)

No other song brings back the '80s for me like Don't You Forget About Me! Thanks!

Why not start a Beatles discussion thread BG? Or general rock 'n' roll history. I'm sure it would take off!

My Japanese is OK. Can get the gist and get my meaning across. Didn't cause any international incidents.  :)

No other song brings back the '80s for me like Don't You Forget About Me! Thanks!

Maybe I will be there are a lot of young people who don't even know who the Beatles were. I think that would make me crazy. Plus I am American and I think the Brits have the rights in this respect. Like they love that royalty and I just don't get that at all. I remember once I was with my hubby and we were seeing the Crown Jewels. I made a crack about those stupid jewels and I swear if the guy was not British but American he would have punched my lights. The only person anyone in America cared about or even talked about was Princess Diana. She was such a lovely lady and so nice to the regular people there so I think the queen hated her for that. Plus that inbred stupid Charlie got my goat as he treated her so miserably. And then she died and I suspect it was not an accident. He can have Camilia for all I care as she is just a common loud mouth American divorcee and can not even lick Di's boots IMO. And she is NOT attractive at all. lol.