Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Updosing Support Group

[no...]

[6b...]

Hello,

If I am considering an updose from ,5 K in order to stabilize what appears to be interdose withdrawal, what is recommended?  Going to .75 a day taken in 3 - .25 doses?

Thanks!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ca...]

• [NJ...]

• [Ba...]

• [va...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

If I am considering an updose from ,5 K in order to stabilize what appears to be interdose withdrawal, what is recommended?  Going to .75 a day taken in 3 - .25 doses?

Thanks!

I only dose once a day but I would think that it would depend on how are you dosing now. Once? Twice? If once, I would go to twice, if twice, then try three times.

I did go from .5 to .75 mg but wish I had tried a hold at .625 mg instead. That likely would have been enough I think for me but it depends on what shape you are in.

Hope it works quickly for you.

NJ,

Did drs. ever find a way to address your son's illness?

I forget what type mj you use for sleep?  I have used thc gummies for sleep but then feel kind of blah next day.  Also I always get starving from them... I've gained weight, too, have the stomach thing going ;(  I wonder if my metabolism has been decreasing.  If I could sleep I could get off this crap... but don't knowhow to do that.

Have some tasimelteon pills for non 24 sleep prob, but afraid to take them.  They work on melatonin which has never been a friend to me.  Still, idea of having reg circadian rhythm would help my life in all regards.

Barbara,

My son is on Humira, prednisone (tapering off) and now a huge dose of a PPI. With all of that, he is doing better, still scarily underweight, and has a bad cold right now of course he is on two drugs that lower your immune system with scary side effects (including death) so it all kind of sucks but he is better this year than he was this time last year. So that is something.

For me, I use high THC for sleep, I find the best strain I have ever used is called Blackwater. Purple Kush/OG Kush also good. I make an alcohol tincture with it which is really easy to do. I no longer need it every day which I am very grateful for. I have been using a sleep elixir I also made from a recipe by Dr. Tierana Low Dog which I think is helping not only the sleep but overall anxiety/depression. I don't take that every night either but it sure is helping. I am going to try to taper remeron beginning in a week. I know that sent you over the edge; I am hoping to go very slow and hopefully it will be okay. I want off at least one psych med (took remeron to get off the klonopin). Since it seems impossible to get rid of the klonopin I am going to try the remeron. When I tapered lexapro it was not an end of the world moment for me, so hopefully remeron will not be horrific.

[6b...]

Hello,

Thanks!

I only dose once a day but I would think that it would depend on how are you dosing now. Once? Twice? If once, I would go to twice, if twice, then try three times.

I did go from .5 to .75 mg but wish I had tried a hold at .625 mg instead. That likely would have been enough I think for me but it depends on what shape you are in.

Thank you. Bad shape and need to stabilize. I dose once, but thinking about .25 3 x a day.  Need to get thyroid levels under control before trying a taper.  Did you get pins and needles, twitches, adrenaline spikes?

NJ, I am not in condition to make anything, tho would buy something if it might help...?

I did try bubba cush, a few puffs... not really effective.

I dont have the energy/ brain to work out much.

If there was something near me I could order, if you could point it out, I sure would to try it.

Thanks.    Even if I get a few hrs sleep I am bed bound so tired and depressed... like now.

Olive kitty, if you read this I'd like to ask you something. I know your waited for eighteen months after your updose before resuming your taper. I'd like to know how symptomatic you were when you resumed your taper. I've improved a lot in these nearly four months since the crash and updose, but I still have a lot of fear and bouts of depression and neuro emotions every day, but nothing like the extreme fear I had some months ago. I'm starting to wonder if I'm ready to taper or if I'll be better off holding a few more months to taper from a more stable place. I will add that I need to be fully functional throughout my taper if ever possible.

I'm so glad the long hold has worked for you and I'm hoping to follow your footsteps.

Hey VNM,

So about 6 months after I updosed and held at 2mgV, I tried to start tapering again. I got hit with symptoms right away and went back to 2mg for another year. I decided I was going to wait until I actually felt good to start tapering again, and my doctor was on board. I finally started to feel good about 2 months ago and so I started tapering by .25mgV, and have not had any symptoms so far!

Olive Kitty that's great. So you mean after 16 months you started feeling good like in feeling like your old self again? And with no waves?

NJ, I am not in condition to make anything, tho would buy something if it might help...?

I did try bubba cush, a few puffs... not really effective.

I dont have the energy/ brain to work out much.

If there was something near me I could order, if you could point it out, I sure would to try it.

Thanks.    Even if I get a few hrs sleep I am bed bound so tired and depressed... like now.

Barbara

I would think where you are there is a lot of selection, right? Can you get a tincture already made. I mean to make something I just put it in the oven to decarb it then put it in some vodka in a mason jar in my closet then strain a week later. It is no big deal. I don't know what is available where you are.

Olive Kitty that's great. So you mean after 16 months you started feeling good like in feeling like your old self again? And with no waves?

It's hard to say because I do have some PTSD from the whole ordeal, so I am not sure I will ever feel like my old self... but in general yes, I was basically agoraphobic for the good part of 2 years, and now I leave the house every day, go do social things, even went out and watched the trick or treaters on Halloween, something that was akin to climbing Mt. Everest just 6 months ago.. I'm able to say 'yes' to things more than a day in the future.. that sort of thing. I have not gotten any bad waves since I started tapering again (crosses fingers) This is something that I felt like was never going to happen, I feel like I finally have hope again. I'm not 100% but I can imagine a world where I am. For me, the looooong hold was a success.

Thank you Olive kitty! Don't you get bouts of chemical depression and fear anymore?

A bit of depression but also gratefulness for small things like being able to take a walk in the sunshine. Fear.. yes but not in the same way as during acute. Now I have occasional anxiety about getting anxiety, but not the actual anxiety itself.

Hello,

Thanks!

Thank you. Bad shape and need to stabilize. I dose once, but thinking about .25 3 x a day.  Need to get thyroid levels under control before trying a taper.  Did you get pins and needles, twitches, adrenaline spikes?

My symptoms do not match yours ... for me it was GI issues, nausea 24/7 for months at a time and frequent vomiting. I think the issue with dosing three times a day, do you think it would feel like a cut? Because each dose would be so much smaller. The only time I had interdose withdrawal was when I was cutting in a very fast taper. (dropping .25 mg every two weeks). I reinstated and it went a away. I think you are on the fence about updosing; if you do maybe adding your updose at another time of the day would help. Good luck and feel better.

Hi guys...I need some advice....I re-started my taper Sept. 2nd after a 6 month hold...was way too over confident, plus messed up my math...and long story short I ended up cutting about 20-25% in 9 days...at week 3 I hit the worst hell I have ever experienced and was bedbound for weeks....I immediately went back to Sept 2nd dose....but within about a week or so I updosed about 20% because I just could not take it. It is now about 5 weeks later and I have had a couple days of feeling better-but still feel really horrible....any thoughts on how long before I might get stable again? Or if I should updose more? I am at .35 K right now...really need to work and still can't...

Hi guys...I need some advice....I re-started my taper Sept. 2nd after a 6 month hold...was way too over confident, plus messed up my math...and long story short I ended up cutting about 20-25% in 9 days...at week 3 I hit the worst hell I have ever experienced and was bedbound for weeks....I immediately went back to Sept 2nd dose....but within about a week or so I updosed about 20% because I just could not take it. It is now about 5 weeks later and I have had a couple days of feeling better-but still feel really horrible....any thoughts on how long before I might get stable again? Or if I should updose more? I am at .35 K right now...really need to work and still can't...

Normally, I would say try to hold where you are since it's been 5 weeks and imo anyway, but if you need to work and still can't, where were you the last time you felt well enough to work, what dose?

If you need to work, you need to work.  Maybe you can back into a lower dose , where were you?

Mary

The last dose I was at where I felt good was where I was on Sept. 2nd when I re-started my taper. At that time I was at .25. Now I am at .35 for last 4 weeks and still feel crappy. I have heard that sometimes when you updose or re-instate it can take a few months...I am definitely better than I was 5 weeks ago....maybe I am being impatient....I guess I am just scared that I will not get back to where I was before I messed up so bad and put my body in a tailspin...I was totally stable at that time....(Sept. 2nd)...

The last dose I was at where I felt good was where I was on Sept. 2nd when I re-started my taper. At that time I was at .25. Now I am at .35 for last 4 weeks and still feel crappy. I have heard that sometimes when you updose or re-instate it can take a few months...I am definitely better than I was 5 weeks ago....maybe I am being impatient....I guess I am just scared that I will not get back to where I was before I messed up so bad and put my body in a tailspin...I was totally stable at that time....(Sept. 2nd)...

It's very true , the updose can take awhile to take effect, so giving it more of an opportunity to work is probably a good idea.  I hope it happens soon :). Keep us posted. Mary 💜

It's very true , the updose can take awhile to take effect, so giving it more of an opportunity to work is probably a good idea.  I hope it happens soon :). Keep us posted. Mary 💜

It took me two months to feel just a bit better, and I updosed a huge amount, up to a point much higher than the last dose I felt stable on. Once the CNS is destabilized, an updose will take time to work, according to what I've read here and to my psychiatrist. When I was desperately looking for answers, I read a thread where begood said an updose would take three months if you had crashed badly. In my case it turned out to be three months. I'm very far from stable, but much better in my fourth month since the updose.

You may want to try .5 mg for a few days and then just drop the dose back to .35 after a few doses at .5 mg. It may help you get out of this unstable place but you won't lose the progress you have made.

After crashing 12 days ago, I updosed. I’m seeing slight improvements that I’m greatful for. Ie I can take a walk and yesterday was a window. The flu like symptoms subsided and the hit you in the face “sickness” has subsided. I’m left with total and complete fatigue and exhaustion.I cannot work at my job,drive, grocery shop Ect. I get dizzy with fatigue at 10 am and 4pm and have to lay down immediately.

So leaving the house is further restricted.

I did not have this fatigue before the symptoms started around sept 1. I have been lucky previously and the only wd symptoms

I’ve had was gastrointestinal. (Severe at times)I assume the fatigue is going to take a while to resolve. Did anyone have similar fatigue from a crash? Please tell me this subsides!?(;(If it has remained PLEASE do not tell me) This is my greatest fear.

Thanks for feedback

HI M,

Same exact thing! I crashed at the end of Sept....bad....had reduced about 25% in 9 days (dumb)….within 3 days went back to regular dose, then within a week updosed about 20% out of desperation. It's now about 6 weeks later and, yes, am getting better, but boy is it slow and depressing. I have a decent day and then a horrible day where I can barely function. The fatigue is terrible....I have about 3-4 hours where I can do things, but after 4 I am toast. Some nights I sleep 8 hours-the other night only 2. Terrified I messed myself up beyond repair....but trying not to fizate on that because I am getting better and the word on the "street" is that it can takes months sometimes depending on how bad the crash was. Hugs to you...I can't work most days either and I own a business so it's a real challenge to keep the wheels on the bus..

HI M,

Same exact thing! I crashed at the end of Sept....bad....had reduced about 25% in 9 days (dumb)….within 3 days went back to regular dose, then within a week updosed about 20% out of desperation. It's now about 6 weeks later and, yes, am getting better, but boy is it slow and depressing. I have a decent day and then a horrible day where I can barely function. The fatigue is terrible....I have about 3-4 hours where I can do things, but after 4 I am toast. Some nights I sleep 8 hours-the other night only 2. Terrified I messed myself up beyond repair....but trying not to fizate on that because I am getting better and the word on the "street" is that it can takes months sometimes depending on how bad the crash was. Hugs to you...I can't work most days either and I own a business so it's a real challenge to keep the wheels on the bus..

Dd I had a very similar experience in June. It has been terrible. I waited a month before updosing. Huge mistake. I should have updosed immediately when I felt the crash which was brutal. I'm holding now for four months since the updose and slowly, very slowly getting better, but I feel I'm going to have to hold for a year at least. I also need to work. There's a long hold support group in case you care to join. By the way I'm janny  ;). Your signature has made me tie the dots.

• 4 weeks later...

After holding for about 6 weeks (without updose)my symptoms did not improve and worsened tremendously. I updosed on Nov 2 and am feeling better. Any buddy that advises to power thru is giving insanely dangerous advice. Without that updose, I could be in unsustainable condition.

After holding for about 6 weeks (without updose)my symptoms did not improve and worsened tremendously. I updosed on Nov 2 and am feeling better. Any buddy that advises to power thru is giving insanely dangerous advice. Without that updose, I could be in unsustainable condition.

I agree, sometimes we have to updose to be able to deal with the sx of wd, then taper later. I know that updosing saved me and pushing through was almost deadly for me X 2. 🎅 Peace and Healing.