Updosing Support Group

[no...]

So you are moving from clon. brand to generic?  Is there much difference you have felt?

I'm still crap and stuck.  Actually off my crumb for 2 days but feel awful and wonder if I am an idiot and should, like you, take reasonable amount of clon and hang on.  I don't seem able to make decisions, which is a decision.

I guess after 3 years...    but I went from clon to valium as could not get off (wish had not tried)  and am on 2 valium now... plus ambien.

I feel like my personality has been obliterated, tho.  It is not good. Very debilitated.  Guess either I try to stay off clon crumb (speck really) for a time or switch it out for the valium.  I can't do any more lengthy tapers. 

Wish it were possible to know who 'd do better off versus  staying on low dose.

SOrry did not know that diet was such an ordeal.

As for prednisone, took it once (allergies) and i twas awful coming off.  Such depression.  At least it didn't last long like this.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ca...]

• [NJ...]

• [Ba...]

• [va...]

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are moving from clon. brand to generic?  Is there much difference you have felt?

I'm still crap and stuck.  Actually off my crumb for 2 days but feel awful and wonder if I am an idiot and should, like you, take reasonable amount of clon and hang on.  I don't seem able to make decisions, which is a decision.

I guess after 3 years...    but I went from clon to valium as could not get off (wish had not tried)  and am on 2 valium now... plus ambien.

I feel like my personality has been obliterated, tho.  It is not good. Very debilitated.  Guess either I try to stay off clon crumb (speck really) for a time or switch it out for the valium.  I can't do any more lengthy tapers. 

Wish it were possible to know who 'd do better off versus  staying on low dose.

SOrry did not know that diet was such an ordeal.

As for prednisone, took it once (allergies) and i twas awful coming off.  Such depression.  At least it didn't last long like this.

Barbara, yes doing a switch over from brand to teva .5. I don't think I feel much of a difference. The last few weeks since the holidays I have not been doing that well. I am shaking as I type this. I was up all night again last night and am incredibly nauseous. I just am having a hard time managing my stress and in my early 50s so my hormones are a complete and utter mess.

I am sorry you are having a hard time. I do know that overall my massive updose from .33 mg to .75 mg of K with my long hold is helping. I am frequently still a mess but not everything is from benzo withdrawal. I just have too much to deal with and the hormones are really messing me up. I hope you find something that works for you.

I was thinking of updosing the clon, but, uh, just worked so hard to be off.  I gave up the crumb couple days ago which means just valium and ambien.

BUT... felt so bad took half a lyrica capsule  (so took 25 mg).  Felt much better today.  I just wonder if Lyrica is going to prove as bad as a benzo?  I can still change things.  I agree if you are going to updose or reinstate it does seem to help if it happens relatively quickly, judging from what I've read.    Of course you read just about everything going through this crap.

NJ, yeah, was glad when menopause was over, that is for sure.  Of course I was the only female in my (tiny, nuclear) family who had issues...  of course.

Hey everyone,

Just an update and hopefully the info might help someone.

After updosing it took about 3 weeks and I finally had an entire week where I'm mostly human again. 

Going to hold awhile longer on this .75 K/day.

Breck

Hey everyone,

Just an update and hopefully the info might help someone.

After updosing it took about 3 weeks and I finally had an entire week where I'm mostly human again. 

Going to hold awhile longer on this .75 K/day.

Breck

Hope you get better and better!

Basically I had constant searing pain that made me scream all day on 9mg Valium. I'm going to try to updose until I get some relief.

bw,  you've come a long way.  I truly hope you find relief. 

Basically I had constant searing pain that made me scream all day on 9mg Valium. I'm going to try to updose until I get some relief.

bw,  you've come a long way.  I truly hope you find relief.

Thanks Breck. I'm pretty sure my super fast metabolism is to blame, as I did everything I could do push through the intense frying pain that lasted for so many months. How are you doing now?

Barb - there wasn't immediate relief. The effects from the small .25mg K updose took about 3 weeks.  For me, the updosing effects have been a gradual process.  I'm going to hold on this daily total of .75mg K/day until I'm comfortable with tapering again.

Healthyme - my current schedule is  3 doses per day (each dose being .25)

Benzowarrior - I'm doing much, much better.  It's not perfect, but it is the best I've felt since I started tapering. 

I truly hope that everyone manages to find a comfort zone. 

Hallo i am from switzerland i cant good english i am tody at 0.16mg valium tapper yesterday i was on 0.25mg so today i had bad wd and my bp is 190 to 90my question is should i take tommorow 0.16mg or should i go to 0.25mg valium to stabilizing?

Hallo i am from switzerland i cant good english i am tody at 0.16mg valium tapper yesterday i was on 0.25mg so today i had bad wd and my bp is 190 to 90my question is should i take tommorow 0.16mg or should i go to 0.25mg valium to stabilizing

Hallo i am from switzerland i cant good english i am tody at 0.16mg valium tapper yesterday i was on 0.25mg so today i had bad wd and my bp is 190 to 90my question is should i take tommorow 0.16mg or should i go to 0.25mg valium to stabilizing?

HiTim, that is a very hard question to answer without a clearer picture of your drug history.  Could you tell us dates, doses, and any other meds ? 

HiTim, that is a very hard question to answer without a clearer picture of your drug history.  Could you tell us dates, doses, and any other meds ?

...and your symptoms, and how/when they have changed too pls...

NJ strength....I switched over from brand K to .5 Teva-I dose 4x a day, took 2 weeks to make the switch. When I had to switch last year from Sandoz to brand K it was horrible and was sick for almost 3 months. This switch was a total non-event and I actually feel better.

here is a question for anyone reading this...you may have seen an earlier post(s) from me on this thread....I crashed BAD end of last Sept....I went from .22 to now at .35 for last 3 months and I am improving, but very slow and I still have terrible anxiety and vertigo which I NEVER had before when I was tapering the Sandoz or just holding on the brand K (until I made a giant cut). I am wondering if I should try another small updose? I am still not barely able to work (I own my own gift shop and was working 5 days a week 8 hours a day easy) and seriously, am only able to work 2 days a week for just a couple hours before the anxiety and vertigo gets too intense....can't continue at this level as I will go broke and end up homeless….thoughts? Thank you!!

We don't want you broke and homeless! A small update may be in order, I guess it depends on how soon you want to get off of it. Can you talk to your doctor about it?

We don't want you broke and homeless! A small update may be in order, I guess it depends on how soon you want to get off of it. Can you talk to your doctor about it?

I agree with this. You can't be homeless. Staying functional is the way to go. I would updose if I were you.

I crashed 5.5months ago, updosed .75 mg 3.5 month ago. Dec I saw improvements. Since Jan 1 I have been getting worse . Anxiety that is very bad and lack of sleep that made me stop working and be non functional. I’m thinking the .75 was not enough. I’m thinking of updosing another 1.25 totaling 4 mg to attempt to get stable. I have never gotten stable.  Could I have some feedback please?

I crashed 5.5months ago, updosed .75 mg 3.5 month ago. Dec I saw improvements. Since Jan 1 I have been getting worse . Anxiety that is very bad and lack of sleep that made me stop working and be non functional. I’m thinking the .75 was not enough. I’m thinking of updosing another 1.25 totaling 4 mg to attempt to get stable. I have never gotten stable.  Could I have some feedback please?

I havnt read your posting history (obviously), but from your sig, I would suggest caution in going back up too far...

Mainly because you have slowed down so much for a long time now, and that the relief from the last updose seemed short lived by comparison... Obviously im not living your symptoms, but I do remember hiw difficult it got at low dose.. A good day was lounge not bed...

I think I took my little updoses out if my sig due to space, but I only ever played with the prior 3months or last cut value (pill splitting)..

I did add other meds in the end, pretty short term, and looking back, perhaps it would have been better to go back up more on th original offending med valium..?? -Perhaps not..??

I think regardless it was going to be rough... The last mg of V still took about a year...

But like I said, im not living it, and im not you..

Your sig depicts a solid effort, so if you say things are beyond acceptable, I believe you, and say do what you feel you need to to find your way free in the end...

I found in the end my sx would slowly increase over 2-3months before quickly dropping off a fair bit.. I then tried to give myself a grace or preparation period of 2-3weeks before going again.. This may not relate either..??

Hope you find what works with the least problems possible..

:)

I think the reduction of .75 was too small to help me stabilize.

*Increase*, -I assume^^^...

I guess its a fine line between stabilise and treat or therapeutic..??

I did find that at those lower doses I could only drop 0.25v, not 0.5v.. Assuming you are not micro tapering and just noting your milestones in your sig..

Same Cant, I went down by .25 for the last few mgs.

Magnolis, when I updosed I went up 2mg, you are right, .75 might not be enough if you want to get to a stable place. But it will set you back in time so you just have to weigh the options. I'm so sorry you are going through this! I understand completely. I went from 0-2mg and I felt like I set myself back a year.. but it was worth it to me because I held at 2 for a loooong time until I started to feel better. Only you can know what is right, and we will support you no matter what you do.

Magnolis,

Im not anti updose, that would be the teapot calling the kettle black, or whatevs...

I do worry that you wont just see a repeat of short lived relief, but at a significantly higher dose.. Its all risk vs reward, I took mine, and when ready, you will have to take yours...

Two tools to use are, -your past history, reactions and responses to reductions and changes... -and asking questions/education, or others experiences.. This you are doing, and between this thread and the other, I hope it helps as you decide...

Someone once asked me what I thought my mistakes were.. After some thought, the answer was none... -Its all part of our individual process of getting free...