The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Hey PeeTee, you really sped up your taper after 10/22. How's that been going? Congratulations on being down to .36 mg! How fast are you cutting right now, if you don't mind my asking?

Thank you for the encouragement, Ultra. I'm so glad your symptoms are getting better. I know you had a long-fought taper.

I have never stopped dreaming when I sleep. I know some people lose their dreams while on clonazepam. I wonder if I should take that as a hopeful sign.

Yes!! That's a massive blessing! Dreaming is healing. I still struggle quite a bit with the sleep side of things, but it's getting better. Dreaming is slowly finding it's way back to my nights. I remember dreams about 2-3 times per month. Keep hanging tough!

[68...]
What is a micro taper. Im sick cos off 2 half years zop here uk. Digestive issues stomach bad and started to go hifh eating just bread porridge fruit or pots. Then a.m. cant lay still hyper s rls everything . Then tapered mirtaz .off 2 months. Now digestiin worse and in pain everything. Im not digesting properly. Ears would hiss digesting .now they hiss as aoo as wake up sometimes off my head after 6 nonths off zop when it started. Im still on 0.5 clon and sarentbeven tey too scared. I get break through audden bit hyper vent anxious. Heart beats loud puffed out cant think etc. Very cery depressed. Yesterday i wasnt hungry so ate a bit chocolate...yed i know i shouldnt..and later hungry again at 3 ate 3 slices bread. Felt ok high chatty then by 9 burning in back atarts bad. Slept on till 2.30. Coukdnt sleep but so tured. Looked at something till 5. Then exhausted. Uo at 9m30 feed cats back to bed no energy. Nose blocks cough eyes rolling awful taste since iff mirt which has anti hist props..i was in bed all day sooooo weak sooo tired. Like high day before then crash. Heart beats loud. Up at 4 ..bit chicken green veg at 5. Still exhausted. Now 3/4 hrs later same thing happens ears start to hiss digesting even more tired. Im very constipated abd my usual laxs dont work just gas and diarrhoea. Waiting for hopefulky an endo and eating test but after a month and emailing secretary consuktant not got back to me. Each day is nightmare. If id have known this would happen id never come off at 73. If im ill how can i possibky begin a clon taper abd pain will be worse know this from past experience. Never had panic attacks then off but all weird issues lesding to.pain 3 yrs . I dont know what micro taper is. Given all this for sleep and if im in horrific pain and urges all night and no sleep i know i wont handle it. Anyone ekse in this situation.

I need help with constipation.  I will be on higher dose and nothing seems to help.  Please help me, there has got to be something that helps.

Miralax, stook softeners, even the prescriped Linness does not help.  There has to be something.

Please help

Holy cow! Anybody that knows me knows that constipation was my number 1 (or number 2 :) ) challenge for YEARS. I jumped months ago after almost a 6 yr taper, but I still have to fight a bit to stay ahead of constipation and other GI issues. I tried just about everything on the planet and researched things to death. Here's the bottom line of what helped me: Benefiber 3x/day helped so much. I was working with a functional medicine doc and he told me to try it a couple years ago. I thought he was crazy because I had tried lots of fiber drinks, but it definitely played a role in my success dealing with constipation. I also tried eating less food over longer periods of time. Instead of my usual smoothie in the mornings, for example, I sipped it over a few hours. Then, I entered a beta project with a functional med psychiatrist who works with people tapering off psych meds. It was free for me, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to see what I could learn. I learned a few keys things, but the massive game-changer was the introduction to coffee enemas. I said that there was no way I was going to do that, but I thought about it over a year. I even bought the supplies, etc. I then spoke to a few other people in the group like me who suffered with GI problems just like me, and they highly, highly recommended I try it for other things in addition to constipation. Bottom line, I started doing the CE's and, wow, what a huge improvement with many things in addition to constipation. Still to this day, a week doesn't pass by where I don't do 2-3 CE's along with daily Benefiber and smaller volumes of food, etc. It's a process.  I'm 800 billion percent better as far as GI challenges these days, but I still have to be aware of it and careful all the time. Getting so much better, but still cautious. Hemorrhoids made me get off the stick and try new things. For you, just keep experimenting and researching until you find what resonates with YOU. Every body out there is just SO different. My best to you!

[68...]
In what way better g.i. wise besides evacuating with the ces?? No stomach burning when eat?? I have the peristeen system use water only. Stopped it 3 yrs ago as didnt shift anything abd the tube bubbkw wouls burst or water wouldnt go up. Their book says dont use if chronic backed up.maybe i shouls try adding coffee to the water back of 500mls but no idea how much. ?, plus i have slow bowel transit and cant have fibre supps as maked it worse.

What is a micro taper. Im sick cos off 2 half years zop here uk. Digestive issues stomach bad and started to go hifh eating just bread porridge fruit or pots. Then a.m. cant lay still hyper s rls everything . Then tapered mirtaz .off 2 months. Now digestiin worse and in pain everything. Im not digesting properly. Ears would hiss digesting .now they hiss as aoo as wake up sometimes off my head after 6 nonths off zop when it started. Im still on 0.5 clon and sarentbeven tey too scared. I get break through audden bit hyper vent anxious. Heart beats loud puffed out cant think etc. Very cery depressed. Yesterday i wasnt hungry so ate a bit chocolate...yed i know i shouldnt..and later hungry again at 3 ate 3 slices bread. Felt ok high chatty then by 9 burning in back atarts bad. Slept on till 2.30. Coukdnt sleep but so tured. Looked at something till 5. Then exhausted. Uo at 9m30 feed cats back to bed no energy. Nose blocks cough eyes rolling awful taste since iff mirt which has anti hist props..i was in bed all day sooooo weak sooo tired. Like high day before then crash. Heart beats loud. Up at 4 ..bit chicken green veg at 5. Still exhausted. Now 3/4 hrs later same thing happens ears start to hiss digesting even more tired. Im very constipated abd my usual laxs dont work just gas and diarrhoea. Waiting for hopefulky an endo and eating test but after a month and emailing secretary consuktant not got back to me. Each day is nightmare. If id have known this would happen id never come off at 73. If im ill how can i possibky begin a clon taper abd pain will be worse know this from past experience. Never had panic attacks then off but all weird issues lesding to.pain 3 yrs . I dont know what micro taper is. Given all this for sleep and if im in horrific pain and urges all night and no sleep i know i wont handle it. Anyone ekse in this situation.

What is your current dose of Klonopin and how long has it been since you last made a dose reduction?

[68...]
2020 swiched from o.5 clon to 4mg diaz. Burnung jnside bad. Reduced to 3mg diaz ..pain hyper s. . Feb hosital op still 2.5 diaz plus zop mirtaz...drugged up a.m. bad since swiched to diaz. Hospital 2 nights mistakenly gave me 4 mg diaz. Then back to 2.5 again. April reduced to 2mg bit pain in back all through me was so bad gp put me back on 0.5 clon. Still on it. End May reducing zop and pain eating digesting even worse ears hiss . Then reducing zop eating my normal porridge bread pots...high wide awake still at 12 gone then a.m. wake weak arms legs crash sexual urges bad thrashing legs. Been like thst since off zop june. Then tapered mirtaz and  now all sorts. Ate chicken sprouts one carrot yesterday at 5. Ok jtill 8.30 and ears start hissing and pain in back cant read ckncentrate ...it got worse and still horrendous by 12 as high on carrot...any sugars. So bad can barely walkk to bed. It could be histamine as one sign of histamine os cough short breath anxiety dry eyes awful taste sneezing palpitations down belkw infections which i have but swab showed ok!! Other day chicken one pot one carrots and green beans then stewed apple at 4pm. At 8pm real hungry but try not to eat late but had small.porridge. high. Bed at 12.30 but thrashing around hyper s badly for hours. I had my endocope july after pain bad starting to reducing zop..it onky showed gastritis!!  G.i said could be gastroparesis. Ct scan ok except bowels backed up and gas. Could be what he said or its nerve ending or GABA stuff no idea. Still on 0.5 clon never increase. If i ate bread at 6 it would work. One day not hingry at 1.30 ate 4 spring rolls....fat!! Felt fine. But high again. Zonked straight out..slept till 7 but couldnt move head arms legd sooo tired slept till 10.45. Cos fat stays in stomach longer and my sugars of course a.m. were higher . Im sure im tolersnt to clon. Since off mirtaz it had antihist propertied too and affects cns mouth full of spit dry slimey sneeze nose blocks cough after eating . Very very constipated now just bit diarrhoea. It got bad reducing zop ear hissing when digesting but it there now wakjng up.  I dont think anyone here has fhese issues hence i was gking to leave as hoped someone would have identified.

2020 swiched from o.5 clon to 4mg diaz. Burnung jnside bad. Reduced to 3mg diaz ..pain hyper s. . Feb hosital op still 2.5 diaz plus zop mirtaz...drugged up a.m. bad since swiched to diaz. Hospital 2 nights mistakenly gave me 4 mg diaz. Then back to 2.5 again. April reduced to 2mg bit pain in back all through me was so bad gp put me back on 0.5 clon. Still on it. End May reducing zop and pain eating digesting even worse ears hiss . Then reducing zop eating my normal porridge bread pots...high wide awake still at 12 gone then a.m. wake weak arms legs crash sexual urges bad thrashing legs. Been like thst since off zop june. Then tapered mirtaz and  now all sorts. Ate chicken sprouts one carrot yesterday at 5. Ok jtill 8.30 and ears start hissing and pain in back cant read ckncentrate ...it got worse and still horrendous by 12 as high on carrot...any sugars. So bad can barely walkk to bed. It could be histamine as one sign of histamine os cough short breath anxiety dry eyes awful taste sneezing palpitations down belkw infections which i have but swab showed ok!! Other day chicken one pot one carrots and green beans then stewed apple at 4pm. At 8pm real hungry but try not to eat late but had small.porridge. high. Bed at 12.30 but thrashing around hyper s badly for hours. I had my endocope july after pain bad starting to reducing zop..it onky showed gastritis!!  G.i said could be gastroparesis. Ct scan ok except bowels backed up and gas. Could be what he said or its nerve ending or GABA stuff no idea. Still on 0.5 clon never increase. If i ate bread at 6 it would work. One day not hingry at 1.30 ate 4 spring rolls....fat!! Felt fine. But high again. Zonked straight out..slept till 7 but couldnt move head arms legd sooo tired slept till 10.45. Cos fat stays in stomach longer and my sugars of course a.m. were higher . Im sure im tolersnt to clon. Since off mirtaz it had antihist propertied too and affects cns mouth full of spit dry slimey sneeze nose blocks cough after eating . Very very constipated now just bit diarrhoea. It got bad reducing zop ear hissing when digesting but it there now wakjng up.  I dont think anyone here has fhese issues hence i was gking to leave as hoped someone would have identified.

I'm still trying to understand your situation, please help me by answering the following questions.  You can quote my post in your reply and just add in your answers and hit post.

1. Are you on .5 mgs of Klonopin?

2. Are you on Valium and if yes, what dose?

3. When was the last time you reduced your benzo?

4. Are you Zopiclone free?

Congratulations on being down to .36 mg! How fast are you cutting right now, if you don't mind my asking?

I am doing DMT with combo of pills and clonazepam suspension. Current rate is 15% every 2 weeks because my w/d symptoms have been very tolerable (except when they aren’t 😜)

[68...]

Hello i dont know how to quote your post Pamster.

Yes still on 0.5 clon. No not on diaz..no off zopiclone 6 months when got bad. Off mirtazaoine 3 months sfter off zop. Now think histamine issues.  Got bad off two half years off zop..2 yrs mirtaz..4 yrs now clon same dose 0.5 .

Hello i dont know how to quote your post Pamster.

Yes still on 0.5 clon. No not on diaz..no off zopiclone 6 months when got bad. Off mirtazaoine 3 months sfter off zop. Now think histamine issues.  Got bad off two half years off zop..2 yrs mirtaz..4 yrs now clon same dose 0.5 .

My goodness, you've gotten off a lot of medications.  Thanks for answering my questions, just a couple more.

1. How long since you reduced your Clonazepam dose?

2. Am I understanding that you've been off of Zopiclone for 8 months and off of Mirtazapine for 5 months?

[68...]

Off zop of 2 half years 8 minths tapered over 3months. Bis sxs awful. Tapered mirtaz straight after over abiut 3 minths 15 mg been in since sept 2019. It got anti hist props i believe. Even sicker. Sugars all over place. Prediabetic..then miuth went slimey full spit cough sneezing . Everything i eat im such pain by pm. Anything. Things got bad off zop.. have not reduced clon at all. Last year psych put me on 4mg diaz from o.5 clon over night..insides burning. Many have pain inside as can incease cause reflux mines always in back... i started to go high chatty eating carbs fruit etc since off zop. Im in bed most days till 2 or 3. Some mornings soo tired weak arms legs abd other issues. I am waiting for g.i to get back to me nothing in 6 weeks despite mailing. When i wake since off mirtaz i can taste yesterdays food. Was bever ever like this before. G.i said coukd be gastroparasis without nausea etc. Its soo frustrating as i just want 2 tests which ive got to pay for. So when switched to diaz last year everynight hyper arousal but drugs knocked me out. By a.m. brain would wake but i could not come round. Each 1mg cut burning in back horrendous. Never ever had hper urges on clon

So gp switched me back to.0.5 clon about april. Still get them worse wever after no zop in morning off hesd cant sit still..so other than switching to diaz 2020 then going back to clon last april ive been on clon 0.5 night since sept 2019. I think i have histamine probs since mirtaz has antihist props

Basically im soo confused now. And very down cos noone can tell me and gp said its somatisation !! Call t that when cant make a diagnosis if had mental health issues. I was given clon years years ago for rls. I stopped it and had weird symptoms and pain. Kept going to gp. Was depressed. HE labelled me with somatisation and shoved me in psych hospital. !! That label my old psych who discharged me earl last year she dug up and put it on my records. She didnt like me telking anything any bbs said etc. No idea re wds. She wanted me to stop mirtaz just like that!!! When sept 2019 i was put again in psych ward cos i was on 1mg clon anitryp zop she gave me traz. Sent me loopy. In hoslital they wanted to stop ct my clon zop amityp . I had no pain eating but said no i wont sleep. They cut my 1mg clon to 0.5. Awful time. Never knew what a panic attack was till then..3 a day. They said we bkame your gps for keeping you on them. I never knew anything much about benzs. So i left the hospital on 0.5 clon zop mirtaz risperidone and amityp..still had anxiety crying and one panic. But it settled..aftrr xmas i stopped risp ..had pain bad...stopped amityp ...pain worse eating.. never in life after off anti psychotics a.ds etc over 25 to 30 years ctd have i ever felt so ill as now. I dread eating.  Everything will burn as soon as im digesting. I know i go on but its from sheer frustration as noone seems to have this. Just want g.i to test how food digesting and hear notjing back. I know i will be even worse if i try off clon with burning pain rls hyper s.

I am doing DMT with combo of pills and clonazepam suspension. Current rate is 15% every 2 weeks because my w/d symptoms have been very tolerable (except when they aren’t 😜)

That's awesome! What made you decide to speed it up initially? Just trying something to see? I've gone from 6.3% to 6.5% in the past, and the bloating and back pain came back. But at some point in the future, I'll try again and see. I know things can change, as they obviously did for you, and it became tolerable.

Currently my usual fog or heavy-head feeling that I was getting nearly every day for a few hours or more followed by some anxiety has given way to more anxiety and less fog or more anxiety and no fog. The twinges of anxiety are unpleasant, and I'm hopeful this isn't the start of a new phase of withdrawal with more anxiety.

Off zop of 2 half years 8 minths tapered over 3months. Bis sxs awful. Tapered mirtaz straight after over abiut 3 minths 15 mg been in since sept 2019. It got anti hist props i believe. Even sicker. Sugars all over place. Prediabetic..then miuth went slimey full spit cough sneezing . Everything i eat im such pain by pm. Anything. Things got bad off zop.. have not reduced clon at all. Last year psych put me on 4mg diaz from o.5 clon over night..insides burning. Many have pain inside as can incease cause reflux mines always in back... i started to go high chatty eating carbs fruit etc since off zop. Im in bed most days till 2 or 3. Some mornings soo tired weak arms legs abd other issues. I am waiting for g.i to get back to me nothing in 6 weeks despite mailing. When i wake since off mirtaz i can taste yesterdays food. Was bever ever like this before. G.i said coukd be gastroparasis without nausea etc. Its soo frustrating as i just want 2 tests which ive got to pay for. So when switched to diaz last year everynight hyper arousal but drugs knocked me out. By a.m. brain would wake but i could not come round. Each 1mg cut burning in back horrendous. Never ever had hper urges on clon

So gp switched me back to.0.5 clon about april. Still get them worse wever after no zop in morning off hesd cant sit still..so other than switching to diaz 2020 then going back to clon last april ive been on clon 0.5 night since sept 2019. I think i have histamine probs since mirtaz has antihist props

Basically im soo confused now. And very down cos noone can tell me and gp said its somatisation !! Call t that when cant make a diagnosis if had mental health issues. I was given clon years years ago for rls. I stopped it and had weird symptoms and pain. Kept going to gp. Was depressed. HE labelled me with somatisation and shoved me in psych hospital. !! That label my old psych who discharged me earl last year she dug up and put it on my records. She didnt like me telking anything any bbs said etc. No idea re wds. She wanted me to stop mirtaz just like that!!! When sept 2019 i was put again in psych ward cos i was on 1mg clon anitryp zop she gave me traz. Sent me loopy. In hoslital they wanted to stop ct my clon zop amityp . I had no pain eating but said no i wont sleep. They cut my 1mg clon to 0.5. Awful time. Never knew what a panic attack was till then..3 a day. They said we bkame your gps for keeping you on them. I never knew anything much about benzs. So i left the hospital on 0.5 clon zop mirtaz risperidone and amityp..still had anxiety crying and one panic. But it settled..aftrr xmas i stopped risp ..had pain bad...stopped amityp ...pain worse eating.. never in life after off anti psychotics a.ds etc over 25 to 30 years ctd have i ever felt so ill as now. I dread eating.  Everything will burn as soon as im digesting. I know i go on but its from sheer frustration as noone seems to have this. Just want g.i to test how food digesting and hear notjing back. I know i will be even worse if i try off clon with burning pain rls hyper s.

Thank you for answering my questions, do you feel it may be time to try reducing the Clonazepam again, I wonder if you've reached tolerance to this dose?

Have you tried to modify your diet to see if you can find the source of your problems, have you tried eliminating certain foods one at a time?

That's awesome! What made you decide to speed it up initially? Just trying something to see? I've gone from 6.3% to 6.5% in the past, and the bloating and back pain came back. But at some point in the future, I'll try again and see. I know things can change, as they obviously did for you, and it became tolerable.

Currently my usual fog or heavy-head feeling that I was getting nearly every day for a few hours or more followed by some anxiety has given way to more anxiety and less fog or more anxiety and no fog. The twinges of anxiety are unpleasant, and I'm hopeful this isn't the start of a new phase of withdrawal with more anxiety.

Monitoring my withdrawal symptoms alongside my taper has helped to adjust the rate. When I realized that this attempt (compared to the one rapid from 2mg to 1mg) was going so well, I just picked a higher percent. Using the benzo.alwaysdata site, a 15% drop every 2 weeks seemed a reasonable place to start.

My anxiety is tolerable, and issues with sleep wax and wane. Physical symptoms (tinnitus, aches & pains, IBS, GERD, neurological crap) are stable. The beauty of a daily micro taper is knowing that I have total control over dosing and can easily slow if symptoms worsen. For me, it is walking a line between too fast and hitting tolerance again.

[68...]
Pamster. Prob hit tolerance. Ctd 2016 not knowing what venzs were. Pain worse and wven paassing bms. All sorts happened 3 yrs pain  still have. 2017 i was sometimes taking a clon x 2 or 3 at night plus a zop. I o.d. on 30 clo  2016 and avain 2017. So im kindled badly. Yes try to adjust diet as last April gastriris but its worse. My guess nerve endings cos i have had the pain bad when endo done yet only gastritis said a id ok bee n on ppis years stioped cos do nothing. Ive lost 1 half stone look like a shrivelled prune. Im researching histamjne etc as now off mirt sneezw breathless felt dreadful eating prawns never issue before. Gp cant help i left sayjng why did the gps keep giving. No comment. So like .any i have  okne to turn tk and not many have worse pain eatjng each cut of diaz or switching from clon to diaz. Have read it can jncrease acid. Tbo i give up too depressed. Since off zop digesting ears hiss go bjgh eatjng anytbing carbs frujt. 8 months. Seems im too comlkicated for even bbs as  klne had my issues. Tbanks anyway

Pamster. Prob hit tolerance. Ctd 2016 not knowing what venzs were. Pain worse and wven paassing bms. All sorts happened 3 yrs pain  still have. 2017 i was sometimes taking a clon x 2 or 3 at night plus a zop. I o.d. on 30 clo  2016 and avain 2017. So im kindled badly. Yes try to adjust diet as last April gastriris but its worse. My guess nerve endings cos i have had the pain bad when endo done yet only gastritis said a id ok bee n on ppis years stioped cos do nothing. Ive lost 1 half stone look like a shrivelled prune. Im researching histamjne etc as now off mirt sneezw breathless felt dreadful eating prawns never issue before. Gp cant help i left sayjng why did the gps keep giving. No comment. So like .any i have  okne to turn tk and not many have worse pain eatjng each cut of diaz or switching from clon to diaz. Have read it can jncrease acid. Tbo i give up too depressed. Since off zop digesting ears hiss go bjgh eatjng anytbing carbs frujt. 8 months. Seems im too comlkicated for even bbs as  klne had my issues. Tbanks anyway

I'm at a loss Basten, your situation is so complicated and I'm sorry for your agony, you're right, I'm not sure how to help you but I hope being able to talk about it to those who can understand helps a little. 

I'm so sorry about the Zopiclone too, from what I've read from members I believe it's the worst of the z-drugs, it causes so much more pain than the others.

Hello!

I am currently on this Klonopin tapering journey and want to share without my taper thus far and my current symptoms. I am suppose to start a new job in a few weeks and terrified I won't be able to do it.

Xanax 1 mg - Aug 1 2021- Oct 8 2021 (tapered down from 1 mg over about 2 weeks(

* initially had tried to stop cold turkey and ended up with significant pins/needles/ globus/ heart palpitations- I thought I was dying and ended up in the ER.

I started working with a doctor on a titration plan - was switched to klonopin 1 mg daily on Oct 9 2021

stayed on Klonopin 1 mg from 10/9- 11/20/21

Symptoms during this time: mild increased heart rate, random mild muscle twitches and pins and needles a little bit.. I could function

11/20- 11/29- started to get increased symptoms after first dose cut and day 3 I felt "panicked and out of body" the symptoms came and went, and was helped with wine ( know, bad)

11/29-12/5- decreased from 0.75 mg to 0.625 - during this time I felt good, no new side effects, less panic, continued to have muscle twitches/ inc hr / pins needles but mild

12/6- 12/31- 0.5 mg - I felt relatively well during this phase as well... some days worse than others but all managable. No throat tightness/ globes, no shakiness, mornings were usually the worst

12/31- 1/14 - decreased to 0.375mg - still feeling ok during this time until about 1/9- throat tightness/ tension headaches began....

1/14-present on 0.25 mg ODT, only three days in and I feel TERRIBLE. Throat tightness almost constantly, shakiness, insomnia, panic muscles SORE.

I plant stay on this dose for one month and then decrease hopefully to 0.125mg. I am hoping what I am feeling now will dissipate in next few days... I would appreciate and thoughts or recommendations  to help ease my mind. I will be honest- I am still ferried this isn't just withdrawal but some terrible neuru disease like ALS  but I try and keep myself away from those ideas best I can.

I also had covid 19 from 1/4-1/13- stuffy nose otherwise felt fine but don't know if that is contributing to worse side effects now from Klonopin taper

I do not have access to liquid versions of drug so really need to stick with a taper I can do with pills.

Thanks in advanced.

Hello!

I am currently on this Klonopin tapering journey and want to share without my taper thus far and my current symptoms. I am suppose to start a new job in a few weeks and terrified I won't be able to do it.

* initially had tried to stop cold turkey and ended up with significant pins/needles/ globus/ heart palpitations- I thought I was dying and ended up in the ER.

I started working with a doctor on a titration plan - was switched to klonopin 1 mg daily on Oct 9 2021

Symptoms during this time: mild increased heart rate, random mild muscle twitches and pins and needles a little bit.. I could function

11/20- 11/29- started to get increased symptoms after first dose cut and day 3 I felt "panicked and out of body" the symptoms came and went, and was helped with wine ( know, bad)

11/29-12/5- decreased from 0.75 mg to 0.625 - during this time I felt good, no new side effects, less panic, continued to have muscle twitches/ inc hr / pins needles but mild

12/6- 12/31- 0.5 mg - I felt relatively well during this phase as well... some days worse than others but all managable. No throat tightness/ globes, no shakiness, mornings were usually the worst

12/31- 1/14 - decreased to 0.375mg - still feeling ok during this time until about 1/9- throat tightness/ tension headaches began....

1/14-present on 0.25 mg ODT, only three days in and I feel TERRIBLE. Throat tightness almost constantly, shakiness, insomnia, panic muscles SORE.

I plant stay on this dose for one month and then decrease hopefully to 0.125mg. I am hoping what I am feeling now will dissipate in next few days... I would appreciate and thoughts or recommendations  to help ease my mind. I will be honest- I am still ferried this isn't just withdrawal but some terrible neuru disease like ALS  but I try and keep myself away from those ideas best I can.

I also had covid 19 from 1/4-1/13- stuffy nose otherwise felt fine but don't know if that is contributing to worse side effects now from Klonopin taper

Try to not read up on what your physical symptoms might be because it will make you feel scared (I did the same thing till I stopped).  Your symptoms sound like withdrawal symptoms and most people, myself included, evaluate their health once they are off for some months. 

Also, from my perspective you are moving pretty quickly, which is fine if you can handle it.  Just keep paying attention to your body and honor when it's telling you to slow down.

Finally, I don't know if you have been using ODT for the whole taper but if not, I have found that switching the delivery method of the medication usually has an impact.  What I mean is that switching from hard tablets to liquid or ODT will create the feeling of a cut.  So you may be feeling your cut, plus the difference in how your body is metabolizes the medication.  Doesn't mean anything is wrong, but you may feel more intense symptoms for a bit.  Your body will eventually adjust. 

FH

I do not have access to liquid versions of drug so really need to stick with a taper I can do with pills.

Thanks in advanced.

Hi Hilly301

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I believe the cuts you're making are too big. We usually recommend a reduction of 5-10% at a time. Your cut from 0.375 to 0.25 is a 33.3% reduction. My guess would be that is why you're struggling so much. Your next planned cut which is another 0.125mg increment is a 50% reduction. In my opinion you might be cutting too much at a time. If you want to try and be functional for a new job I would recommend taking it slowly over several weeks rather than these large reductions at one time.

Hello!

Try to not read up on what your physical symptoms might be because it will make you feel scared (I did the same thing till I stopped).  Your symptoms sound like withdrawal symptoms and most people, myself included, evaluate their health once they are off for some months. 

Also, from my perspective you are moving pretty quickly, which is fine if you can handle it.  Just keep paying attention to your body and honor when it's telling you to slow down.

Finally, I don't know if you have been using ODT for the whole taper but if not, I have found that switching the delivery method of the medication usually has an impact.  What I mean is that switching from hard tablets to liquid or ODT will create the feeling of a cut.  So you may be feeling your cut, plus the difference in how your body is metabolizes the medication.  Doesn't mean anything is wrong, but you may feel more intense symptoms for a bit.  Your body will eventually adjust. 

FH

Thanks in advanced.

I dry cut the whole way down till I was off so what you are doing is fine.  Keep doing a body-based taper, which means taking the time you need to when you have symptoms. 

Unfortunately I don't think I can make 10% cut on my pills...  I have 1 mg pills and 0.25 mg ODT pills and to cut down almost ten percent is impossible. At this time I don't have ability to do liquid.

Continuing at my 0.25mg dose, not interested in going back up but gonna stick this spot for at least a month before micro tapering down further….. this has been the worst symptoms I’ve had yet- does anyone have experience with the symptoms getting better within a few weeks ? Or maybe more manageable? I’m starting a new job and just nervous

I am starting a new job in a few weeks and will be getting drug tested, does anyone know if Klonopin is usually part of that drug process screening? I am taking of course as prescribed but am fearful this will result in my drug over being rescinded. Any insight would help thanks .

When I meet with my doctor next month , after a month on 0.25 mg of klonopin (started at 1mg) , I am going to ask to make the switch to Valium for rest of transition. What would be the dose I start at for Valium and should I cold Turkey too klonopin or do I need a few days or week to take both? Need advice