The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Hi. I'm new on this journey and would appreciate your advice please.

Is it possible to successfully do a dry micro taper off klonopin with 0.5mg  as the smallest tablet available?

Hi. I'm new on this journey and would appreciate your advice please.

Is it possible to successfully do a dry micro taper off klonopin with 0.5mg  as the smallest tablet available?

Yes, it is possible. I did a dry micro taper using 0.5mg all the way.  I shaved my pills using a nail file and a scale.  I was able to get down to a low dose and then stepped off. 

You can absolutely do it.

Final healing

Hello, I'd like to see if I can get some more feedback about my tapering problem. I'm new at tapering and measuring Klonopin. I was instructed to dissolve the tablet in water and then measure out doses into jars. I've since been told that Klonopin isn't very soluble in water. I've also been told that club soda works for Klonopin. Can I get some clarity about this? Thanks

Affablie: This is a new one to me.  I just performed a quick search and did not find any members who have used club soda.  As I’m sure you know, club soda is water that has been infused with carbon dioxide and added minerals (e.g. potassium sulfate, potassium bicarbonate, sodium bicarbonate, sodium phosphate, sodium chloride).  I would be concerned that one or more of the added minerals might interact with the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient or the excipients in the tablet.

Edit: username for name redaction

Thanks Libertas, the club soda idea came from someone who was supposed to know about tapering Klonopin. A friend advised mixing with K with water and I did that for two weeks without knowing about the solubility. Unfortunately that was a waste of time. I didn't think that it would get this complicated. I don't want to use milk or an alcohol mixture and don't have the time to experiment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I have a separate post about restarting my klonopin taper after tapering my Lunesta but like the value of this thread and your moral support for each other. My signature shows my journey.

Currently I am doing a dry cut taper and just started on 0.39 mg (5% down) and will try that for a week or so and then assess from there.

Been on klonopin since 8/24/20. The one thing that has been mentioned is how to you ensure you are getting same dosage if you are shaving, cutting, etc. will pill fillers.

I was on accord generic klonopin and then my refill was Teva. To me Teva is way stronger than what I was on. Thanks to all for your help and support of each other.

thx seekingtoheal

Hello all. I have a separate post about restarting my klonopin taper after tapering my Lunesta but like the value of this thread and your moral support for each other. My signature shows my journey.

Currently I am doing a dry cut taper and just started on 0.39 mg (5% down) and will try that for a week or so and then assess from there.

Been on klonopin since 8/24/20. The one thing that has been mentioned is how to you ensure you are getting same dosage if you are shaving, cutting, etc. will pill fillers.

I was on accord generic klonopin and then my refill was Teva. To me Teva is way stronger than what I was on. Thanks to all for your help and support of each other.

thx seekingtoheal

Hi Seeking,

When I was tapering, some of me fear showd up around me fretting about whether I was tapering accurately. I was really concerned about being accurate and feared making an error. 

I got some great advice from someone on this site who said, don't worry so much about being precise, focus on tapering consistently and moving down on the dose. The person wasn't suggesting I cut recklessly but was basically saying the small discrepancies between my cuts wasn't going to tip me into bad symptoms.

That helped me very much. I tried to be as accurate as I could about  let go of worrying about fillers and whether the medication was evenly distributed throughout the pill. I believed that it was and I never found that the shaving off the pill from one end or another made a difference in how I felt.

Whar did make a difference is when I tried to override my bodys signals that I was going to fast.

I was also switched from one brand to another early on . I ended up on Solco, which was stronger. I decided to stay with it because I found out it was a more readily available brand. Once I made the switch, I have my doctor call in that specific brand each time.

Wishing you well.

thx seekingtoheal

Hi Seeking,

When I was tapering, some of me fear showd up around me fretting about whether I was tapering accurately. I was really concerned about being accurate and feared making an error. 

I got some great advice from someone on this site who said, don't worry so much about being precise, focus on tapering consistently and moving down on the dose. The person wasn't suggesting I cut recklessly but was basically saying the small discrepancies between my cuts wasn't going to tip me into bad symptoms.

That helped me very much. I tried to be as accurate as I could about  let go of worrying about fillers and whether the medication was evenly distributed throughout the pill. I believed that it was and I never found that the shaving off the pill from one end or another made a difference in how I felt.

Whar did make a difference is when I tried to override my bodys signals that I was going to fast.

I was also switched from one brand to another early on . I ended up on Solco, which was stronger. I decided to stay with it because I found out it was a more readily available brand. Once I made the switch, I have my doctor call in that specific brand each time.

Wishing you well.

I'm with ya!! More than half the battle, right? :)

thx seekingtoheal

Hi Seeking,

Wishing you well.

Jeff, how are you? I hope the final end of your taper is going as smoothly as possible. 

Final

Hello, I'd like to see if I can get some more feedback about my tapering problem. I'm new at tapering and measuring Klonopin. I was instructed to dissolve the tablet in water and then measure out doses into jars. I've since been told that Klonopin isn't very soluble in water. I've also been told that club soda works for Klonopin. Can I get some clarity about this? Thanks

Hi Affablie, I just started tapering Klonopin in March.  I didn't want to use alcohol or milk either but have ended up using vodka for now, and I have used cream.  I think the pharmacist can make a suspension or solution for you. I think the doctor has to approve it.

thx seekingtoheal

Hi Seeking,

Wishing you well.

Jeff, how are you? I hope the final end of your taper is going as smoothly as possible. 

Final

Hey Final!! Glad to "see" you. All going pretty well at this end. I took my last k dose on March 20, so finally off after 27 freakin' years! No more psych meds of any kind...ever again. I hope you're still rockin' at your end. As always, I thank you for your encouragement over the times :)  Jeff

Hey Final!! Glad to "see" you. All going pretty well at this end. I took my last k dose on March 20, so finally off after 27 freakin' years! No more psych meds of any kind...ever again. I hope you're still rockin' at your end. As always, I thank you for your encouragement over the times  Jeff

Jeff, this is such good news! You did it and you were do diligent and patient.  It sounds like you are doing all right and I know you will continue healing.

I'm doing okay, a little over 2 months off and I know there is even better days to come.

Wishing you the best!

Final

thx seekingtoheal

Hi Seeking,

Wishing you well.

Final

Hey Final!! Glad to "see" you. All going pretty well at this end. I took my last k dose on March 20, so finally off after 27 freakin' years! No more psych meds of any kind...ever again. I hope you're still rockin' at your end. As always, I thank you for your encouragement over the times :)  Jeff

Thx Ultra2007

Has anyone switched from V back to K because V was intolerable to them?

You may want to look back at posts from kgirl10 ... she did this.

Has anyone switched from V back to K because V was intolerable to them?

I won't because of seeing that others had such a difficult time.  I'll stick with Klonopin.  Good luck, if you make the switch.

Hi, I'm currently trying to figure out how to taper from 2 mg of generic klonopin. I have been on this medication for 17 years. I am absolutely terrified to be honest but really want to do this for me. I have other medications that I am on and not sure if I can post them as I am new and they are not benzodiazepines. But, I wonder if being on these medications will affect my withdrawal at all. Please help if you have any suggestions. I really need some help. Tyia

Hi, I'm currently trying to figure out how to taper from 2 mg of generic klonopin. I have been on this medication for 17 years. I am absolutely terrified to be honest but really want to do this for me. I have other medications that I am on and not sure if I can post them as I am new and they are not benzodiazepines. But, I wonder if being on these medications will affect my withdrawal at all. Please help if you have any suggestions. I really need some help. Tyia

I was on 6mg/day of k when I started my taper and it took me 6 years, but the good news is that I took my last dose last month on March 20. All that to say, no need to be terrified. It's just a step-by-step and day-by-day process, and you'll get there if you just look at the short term view. I was initially freaked too, but I soon learned that that only made matters worse and it's best to live as "normally" as possible when getting through the taper. Just do your best to roll with the situation and you'll surely get to your final dose too. I can only speak from my personal experience, but I tapered off all other meds before starting my k taper. If the other meds you speak about are ones you have to be on, then just start your k taper really slowly and see how things react. Everything affects everything, so it's possible that certain foods will affect your taper just as much as other meds. The body adjusts. Just be slow and methodical and you'll soon get answers to all questions. In writing this, I can't see if you have a signature line in your posts. If you don't, then maybe go into "Profile" then "Forum Profile" and create your own signature listing the meds you're on, something about you, etc. It just helps others give you better info related to your sitution. Hang tight, you'll get there!

I am on 0.102ish mg of K every 12 hours.

I feel so weird every day from 12-5ish. I usually dose at

6am and 8 pm.

If I eat around 1 it gets worse - jelly legs, DPDR, hard to focus eyes, balance issues.

Have any of you gone to three times a day with K?

What the heck is going on?

😭

I am on 0.102ish mg of K every 12 hours.

I feel so weird every day from 12-5ish. I usually dose at

6am and 8 pm.

If I eat around 1 it gets worse - jelly legs, DPDR, hard to focus eyes, balance issues.

Have any of you gone to three times a day with K?

What the heck is going on?

😭

I went to 3 doses of K from dosing twice a day. I can't rember when, though it may be in my signature. I found it helpful though because my mood would drop in the afternoon. I think the normal 3pm drop in energy for me got amplified.

I found for me, that even thought K is a long lasting benzo, having a more sustained dose in my system let me balanced.

I also found that eating gave me a surge of vibration. Not all the time but periodically.

If you are going to move to 3 doses, it's recommended to roll back or move forward the dose one hour at a time till you get to where you want that 3rd dose.

Final healing

I agree with Jeff, it can be done. I was very scared about tapering and had been polydrugged as well.

I also tapered my other medications first before I tapered the benzo. 

Many people have gotten off of benzos who have been on othe medications. 

Take it step by step and you can make it too. 

Final Healing

Thank you Final healing for your comment. Did you have  doctor who worked with you and how did you taper your doses? You give me inspiration and something to look forward to. I am a bit scared of the withdrawal process to put it lightly. :-[

Thank you Final healing for your comment. Did you have  doctor who worked with you and how did you taper your doses? You give me inspiration and something to look forward to. I am a bit scared of the withdrawal process to put it lightly. :-[

I understand, it's a scary and courageous to get off meds and so many have done it before you.

I had a doctor who prescribed for me but I handled my own taper.  Many doctors don't understand the process of tapering and can sometimes have you move too quickly.

I did a dry cut micro taper with a scale and nail file. I shaved my pills down to the weight I wanted. Other have done liquid tapers and others a compounding pharmacy. You can ask for support to create a good tapering plan on the main message thread of this site.

Once I got to 3 doses, I concentrated on cutting from the night time dose as it was a bigger dose than the other 3. Once I got all 3 doses even, I would alternate cutting off of each dose till  I was ready to step off.

Last thought and this was just me.  Hoard extra pills as you go along. When I was tapering, I kept my prescription the same so that I had extra pills-my doctor was a bit oblivious. . I did this just in case I has to find another doctor and there was a lag time.

You can do it!

I understand, it's a scary and courageous to get off meds and so many have done it before you.

I had a doctor who prescribed for me but I handled my own taper.  Many doctors don't understand the process of tapering and can sometimes have you move too quickly.

I did a dry cut micro taper with a scale and nail file. I shaved my pills down to the weight I wanted. Other have done liquid tapers and others a compounding pharmacy. You can ask for support to create a good tapering plan on the main message thread of this site.

Once I got to 3 doses, I concentrated on cutting from the night time dose as it was a bigger dose than the other 3. Once I got all 3 doses even, I would alternate cutting off of each dose till  I was ready to step off.

Last thought and this was just me.  Hoard extra pills as you go along. When I was tapering, I kept my prescription the same so that I had extra pills-my doctor was a bit oblivious. . I did this just in case I has to find another doctor and there was a lag time.

You can do it!

I"m with you on that!! I went through an unbelievable panic when I moved many states away and had to find a new doc. It took forever and I was getting close to running out. Always have extras around. You never know!! Wow, what a memory...