The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

It looks like people are doing good here. I think found the right amount to taper. I'm dry cutting so it's a little harder to get the correct ratio but I found about 5% every two weeks pretty smooth. Day 7 is the hardest but by the next day I feel better. I am 1.3mg v so I still have a ways to go.

You guys inspire me and make it so it's not so scary.

I agree with Gardie, you seem to have a good pattern, if it starts biting you in the butt, you will know what you need to do. Stay Strong and Stay Well. 💖 Peace and Healing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been off 9 months now. I've posted my success story. Thanks to all in this group who made my journey to freedom possible. To those still tapering, one day at a time, you will get there, too.

Gardie  :smitten:

I've been off 9 months now. I've posted my success story. Thanks to all in this group who made my journey to freedom possible. To those still tapering, one day at a time, you will get there, too.

I read your success story Gardie, so glad you are doing well. You give me so much hope.  :smitten: :smitten:

I read your success story Gardie, so glad you are doing well. You give me so much hope.  :smitten: :smitten:

As you can see, I had a year-long, rough patch before I righted the ship and was able to taper off. You will get there, too! :smitten:

So Proud of you Gardie My Fellow Warrior. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

So Proud of you Gardie My Fellow Warrior. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

:hug:

I’m getting so close to the end of my taper!  I had a rough patch at .25 mgs clonazepam.  I got through that and levelled out.  It’s been very smooth ever since.  I’m down to .050 mgs once a day. My cuts are between 12- 20% of current dose. It’s the way the dr prescribed, so I’m going along with that.  I was waiting 10 days, but no symptoms from .125 mgs down.  Last two cuts I waited a week.  Last night I made a cut, and had a bit of restless sleep, some shaky feelings and hot cold moments.  They passed easily and I slept well enough.  Today has been totally fine.  The cuts are a bit more than I planned or are suggested.  But, I feel really good.  If it gets weird, I’ll slow down again.  Anyway, I’m just happy to not be struggling!  I hope this is a sign of a kind transition when I get to my last dose. 

I’m getting so close to the end of my taper!  I had a rough patch at .25 mgs clonazepam.  I got through that and levelled out.  It’s been very smooth ever since.  I’m down to .050 mgs once a day. My cuts are between 12- 20% of current dose. It’s the way the dr prescribed, so I’m going along with that.  I was waiting 10 days, but no symptoms from .125 mgs down.  Last two cuts I waited a week.  Last night I made a cut, and had a bit of restless sleep, some shaky feelings and hot cold moments.  They passed easily and I slept well enough.  Today has been totally fine.  The cuts are a bit more than I planned or are suggested.  But, I feel really good.  If it gets weird, I’ll slow down again.  Anyway, I’m just happy to not be struggling!  I hope this is a sign of a kind transition when I get to my last dose.

This is wonderful, healing! I had a similar experience at the very end of my taper. I found I could make bigger cuts and cuts closer together without symptoms getting any worse. And when I jumped I did not have an "accuse" phase. I felt like I was still tapering for several months and then slowly began to improve. I believe it will be a good jump for you too! :smitten:

I spoke too soon.  Yesterday was very hard.  I’m back to my previous dose and will taper smaller amount.  I know I can do this.  I just got too excited.  I’m ok now, fragile, but ok.    Last night reminded me of how it can be, and to go easy on myself.

I spoke too soon.  Yesterday was very hard.  I’m back to my previous dose and will taper smaller amount.  I know I can do this.  I just got too excited.  I’m ok now, fragile, but ok.    Last night reminded me of how it can be, and to go easy on myself.

Sometimes a skid in the road, prepares us to go forward and take our time and change our plan. Accept this as a learning experience. Stay Strong and Stay Well. Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Sometimes a skid in the road, prepares us to go forward and take our time and change our plan. Accept this as a learning experience. Stay Strong and Stay Well. Peace and Healing. :smitten:

:thumbsup:

I had plenty of skids, too, but I still reached the finish line. You will, too!

Hi everyone! Not sure if I belong here but so far it seems like my taper has gone smoother than some of the others on here so I wanted to say hi. The last two days have actually been a bit of a "skid mark" but holding still and most recent cut to .50mg A. This was a 33% cut so I'm thinking I need to keep it in the 10-20% cut range to smooth it out. On the other hand I want to get done with this asap since I wasn't on it that long to begin with. A bit indecisive so seeing if I can bounce back in the next day or two.

I loved reading this thread as it gives me hope that it IS possible for the taper to continue relatively smoothly. I've tried to look only at the positive posts on BB to keep my head out of the gutter. Glad I found this one.

Good luck Healing! I'm sure you will bounce right back and carry on carrying on. :)

Hi everyone! Not sure if I belong here but so far it seems like my taper has gone smoother than some of the others on here so I wanted to say hi. The last two days have actually been a bit of a "skid mark" but holding still and most recent cut to .50mg A. This was a 33% cut so I'm thinking I need to keep it in the 10-20% cut range to smooth it out. On the other hand I want to get done with this asap since I wasn't on it that long to begin with. A bit indecisive so seeing if I can bounce back in the next day or two.

I loved reading this thread as it gives me hope that it IS possible for the taper to continue relatively smoothly. I've tried to look only at the positive posts on BB to keep my head out of the gutter. Glad I found this one.

Good luck Healing! I'm sure you will bounce right back and carry on carrying on. :)

Hi April10th, nice to meet you.  Sorry to hear you're starting to feel a little rough. I tapered pretty quickly, and while it was not comfortable I did get through it and successfully get off. (This does end.) I generally held for 2-4 weeks between cuts during my taper. I noticed I would feel markedly worse about 2-3 days after the cut and started scheduling cuts for Wednesdays so I could ride out the worst of it over the weekend and maybe not have to call in sick Monday. I would typically stabilize around the second week. Sometimes I took the next cut after 2 weeks, and sometimes I held a little longer. Not everyone experiences symptoms in a pattern like that, but some do and it can be helpful. What if you held a little longer at your current dose just to see how you feel and if that tells you anything useful? Best of luck whatever you decide.

Gwinna

Hi April, sounds good to hold for a bit and see how you feel, the Brain needs to catch up with the cut, and sometimes when you keep tapering and feel badly, well...then there are no longer "skids" but collisions. It does not seem to matter how long one is on a  >:D benzo, the Brain has its own agenda for what time it needs to adjust to cuts and sometimes it is still trying to cope with a cut you did earlier. The good thing, is that you realized that your cuts were too large, so I would say go with lower percentages, like 10 or 15 percent, and some even have to taper less. Let your body tell you and it will, if you give it time, you should feel better and then can continue to taper. I am leaving you a link that maybe you may wnat to check out, it is a nice distraction and great buddies there. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=150.0  Stay Strong and Stay Well. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Thanks Gwenna and begood! Another not so great day yesterday and today. I did sleep better than normal last night though so that was good. Starting to look like I will definitely be heeding the advice of many on here to SLOW it down. Hopefully stability will come soon at this .5 level so I can then game plan my next move. Brain won't allow it right now!

I did save 7 baby sucks from our neighborhood pool today so that was some positive :)

Thanks Gwenna and begood! Another not so great day yesterday and today. I did sleep better than normal last night though so that was good. Starting to look like I will definitely be heeding the advice of many on here to SLOW it down. Hopefully stability will come soon at this .5 level so I can then game plan my next move. Brain won't allow it right now!

I did save 7 baby sucks from our neighborhood pool today so that was some positive :)

You are doing all the right things. You've got this! :thumbsup:

I agree with what Gardie said. So sweet you saved 7 baby ducks, hope Mum was near to take them home. :smitten::thumbsup:  :smitten:

I agree with what Gardie said. So sweet you saved 7 baby ducks, hope Mum was near to take them home. :smitten::thumbsup:  :smitten:

Found my window last night...glad that was over. Sure, I get cocky and think I'm worthy of the Easier Taper thread so I post up, next thing I know I'm in a 5 day wave. Doh! Time to definitely stick around 10-15% cuts so I can remain part of this club.

Hope everyone else is doing ok today.

Oh and yes, Mom was nearby. There is a little pond next to the pool, I brought them down there and let them swim around. Left, came back an hour later and momma was with them. Happy ending!

Found my window last night...glad that was over. Sure, I get cocky and think I'm worthy of the Easier Taper thread so I post up, next thing I know I'm in a 5 day wave. Doh! Time to definitely stick around 10-15% cuts so I can remain part of this club.

Oh and yes, Mom was nearby. There is a little pond next to the pool, I brought them down there and let them swim around. Left, came back an hour later and momma was with them. Happy ending!

You're listening to your body and making adjustments to make your taper as smooth as possible with a system that works for you. That's exactly what this group is about! :thumbsup:

You're listening to your body and making adjustments to make your taper as smooth as possible with a system that works for you. That's exactly what this group is about! :thumbsup:

Rock on. I'll keep doing what I'm doing then!

Rock on. I'll keep doing what I'm doing then!

:smitten::thumbsup:  :smitten:

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

Another buddie recommended this thread. I have really enjoyed ready through it.  Thanks for creating this. I hope others find it.

I would not say this has been easy but definitely easier than some. I have been able to stay functional and still work.

I have considered myself a turtle in comparison to what I see other's reducing. I felt pressure to try harder.  As many other's I started out too fast and had some other complications thrown in there. Fear was a big one. 

It took some trial and error but I am much more comfortable with my taper plan. I am on day 8 of mild to no symptoms.  Am I guaranteed that will stay this way? No. I will likely have to make some adjustments along the way. (it's hard to push away the feeling of waiting for that big hit. This stuff is sneaky).

Thanks again for this thread.  I will try to visit often.

I wish everyone a peaceful day.

JuJuBi

Juju, thank you for bumping this thread! I'm so glad to hear you are tapering slowly so you can still have the life you want to have. Thank you for sharing! Hope to hear from you again.

Gardie :smitten:

Juju, so happy to read that you are tapering slowing and doing OK, you have a great attitude and that will help you so much. There are hares that rush their taper and then at the end crash, and then there are Turtles that go so slow that people forget about them, but they get to the end and walk off and so happy that they did not rush. Acceptance and Patience is key. Stay Strong and Stay Well. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
Love this forum! I’ve have just switched over to Valium completely and am going to tell my Dr. I want to go slow and pray I will be one who can write positive post too! So far so good! I am just very fatigued right  Now but without anxiety and all that and this was crossing over from klonopin. Keep the positivity coming! It sure does help!