• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy new year everyone!

Thank you for all the input on my rough patch I’ve been having.  I decided to hold for a couple of weeks while I finish up work commitments that involve very early morning working hours. I’ve been having increased amounts of insomnia lately, and it’s affecting my ability to work in the early morning. I figure I’ll hold until those commitments are satisfied and then pick back up where I left off. Who knows, maybe the hold will help stabilize me a little bit?  These last two mgs are a bear! I really appreciate all of your advice and support  :smitten:

Sounds like you have a good plan going forward, Stay Strong, it will get better. Do what you can when you can. Remember even the darkest night we will see the sunrise again. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Here's another resource that people who are tapering might find helpful. It's how to properly use a scale for dry cutting. He's micro-tapering, so gets into how to take very precise measurements, but it's helpful for anyone who wants to make sure they are using their scale correctly. :thumbsup:

Here's another resource that people who are tapering might find helpful. It's how to properly use a scale for dry cutting. He's micro-tapering, so gets into how to take very precise measurements, but it's helpful for anyone who wants to make sure they are using their scale correctly. :thumbsup:

Great post. Straight to my progress log. I spent four years tapering Lexapro with that exact scale, but not microtapering. I just did cut and hold.

Great post. Straight to my progress log. I spent four years tapering Lexapro with that exact scale, but not microtapering. I just did cut and hold.

I can't remember who first posted that video, but I remembered it and found it by searching youtube. He is very thorough, could help people avoid making weighing mistakes. :thumbsup:

Happy new year everyone!

Thank you for all the input on my rough patch I’ve been having.  I decided to hold for a couple of weeks while I finish up work commitments that involve very early morning working hours. I’ve been having increased amounts of insomnia lately, and it’s affecting my ability to work in the early morning. I figure I’ll hold until those commitments are satisfied and then pick back up where I left off. Who knows, maybe the hold will help stabilize me a little bit?  These last two mgs are a bear! I really appreciate all of your advice and support  :smitten:

Happy New Year Candice! 

I was thinking about you and how you are doing  :smitten:

Holding sounds a good idea, concidering your work commitments and I believe it will make your journey through these last two mgs smoother.

I wish you health and happiness!  :smitten:

Blue

Hello all :)

I hope you are feeling better every day!

I would like to mention something, that for most of you it is a common ground, so forgive me for this! I am writting it just in case someone at any time "lands" here and doesn't know about it.

It concerns mostly the "cut and hold" method, maybe also the other methods but I can't know, as I haven't tried (yet) any other.

So, apart from the total persentage of cut, I believe it is important to remember to take into account the percentage of cut per dose.

Example: we might cut 10% overall for (lets say) one month, but if we are taking 3 doses per day and our 10% cut is made in one of our doses, then our cut persentage for this dose will be a lot bigger. I don't refer to interdose withdrawal, this is something totally different. It is just a bigger cut than we calculated that might be a bit harder for us.

And the lower the dose, it seems that many of us must make bigger cuts in one dose for practical reasons. The overall monthly cut percentage is the same, but still, a big cut in one dose might not be the smoothest way.

Anyway, this is just something that I had to resolve during my "trial and error" period and I thought to share :D

I wish you all health and happiness!  :smitten:

:thumbsup: Yes, I think most people do better cutting their doses equally so the doses are even or close to even.

That said, other people like their largest dose at bedtime so they can sleep. I think the key here is to figure out what works best for you.

Hello all :)

I hope you are feeling better every day!

I would like to mention something, that for most of you it is a common ground, so forgive me for this! I am writting it just in case someone at any time "lands" here and doesn't know about it.

It concerns mostly the "cut and hold" method, maybe also the other methods but I can't know, as I haven't tried (yet) any other.

So, apart from the total persentage of cut, I believe it is important to remember to take into account the percentage of cut per dose.

Example: we might cut 10% overall for (lets say) one month, but if we are taking 3 doses per day and our 10% cut is made in one of our doses, then our cut persentage for this dose will be a lot bigger. I don't refer to interdose withdrawal, this is something totally different. It is just a bigger cut than we calculated that might be a bit harder for us.

And the lower the dose, it seems that many of us must make bigger cuts in one dose for practical reasons. The overall monthly cut percentage is the same, but still, a big cut in one dose might not be the smoothest way.

Anyway, this is just something that I had to resolve during my "trial and error" period and I thought to share :D

I wish you all health and happiness!  :smitten:

Thanks for this, I am sure it will help those that need to know, I think it is good to help others, it is a win win for sure. Stay Strong.💖Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Hey guys,

After hitting a bit of snag from 2mg v to 1.8mg I decided to microtaper. It wasn't bad, just like a flu with really bad fatigue, but couldn't do much. I'll dry cut if I have to, but tomorrow I'll see if my prescriber can get me liquid valium. I go through the VA so it's kind of iffy.

It's been two weeks since my last drop and am feeling so much better today. All in all, so far pretty easy. Hopefully I'll be off this beast in 6 to 8 months. Just wanted new people to know that there are people who go through an easier taper. I'm expecting it to keep going easier. I know that as you get down to the lower doses it can be worse for some but I'll keep thinking positively.

Hey guys,

After hitting a bit of snag from 2mg v to 1.8mg I decided to microtaper. It wasn't bad, just like a flu with really bad fatigue, but couldn't do much. I'll dry cut if I have to, but tomorrow I'll see if my prescriber can get me liquid valium. I go through the VA so it's kind of iffy.

It's been two weeks since my last drop and am feeling so much better today. All in all, so far pretty easy. Hopefully I'll be off this beast in 6 to 8 months. Just wanted new people to know that there are people who go through an easier taper. I'm expecting it to keep going easier. I know that as you get down to the lower doses it can be worse for some but I'll keep thinking positively.

Hello Mobykal  :)

I wish everything will go well tomorrow with your prescriber!

It's great that you are feeling better and that your taper goes well.

Thanks for sharing, it is important for me and for new people to know that it is possible to have an easier taper.

I need to stay positive and I believe it is helping me with my taper too!

Please let us know how it went with your liquid valium prescription.

I wish you health and happyness!  :smitten:

Blue

Hey guys,

Thanks for sharing this! :)  :thumbsup:

As I start my microtaper, I'd like to ask how do you taper. .01 to .03 mg every few days and then old for a few days or do you continue to go down everyday. Any information on what experiences others have had would be appreciated

Sadly I can't get liquid valium. My provider was fine with the idea but the VA doesn't carry it. So I'll have to dry cut. Pretty much out of the withdrawals of my last big drop that I did two weeks ago. It  felt like I had a bad flu. I'll be doing a microtaper from here on out. So far I've been very lucky by not having any withdrawals or minimal feeling blah withdrawals. But this last 20% has to be done carefully.

I'm really glad for this thread. I feel like it's insensitive going on the other threads saying how easy it's been for me compared to them. I have no doubt that the agony is real and I don't want others to think I'm downplaying what it's like to come off benzo's.

However, it's nice to somewhere and get support while going through this.

Thank You

Sadly I can't get liquid valium. My provider was fine with the idea but the VA doesn't carry it. So I'll have to dry cut.

If you go onto the Titration Board, you will probably find someone who made their own liquid Valium. It's just alcohol to dissolve and water to dilute. I'm sure someone can give you the proportions if you want to use liquid.

Hello Mobykal  :)

Thank you for the update! I am glad that you are feeling better after your last cut and also that you are careful with your last 20%. I will tell you what Gardener (and the other members of this thread) told me when I started my taper: “Slow and steady wins the race!”

Unfortunately, I don’t have any reliable answers concerning your previous post/question about microtaper (I dry cut small percentages and hold) but I think there is a special thread about microtapering. Or maybe at the Titration Board you will find the answer to this question too.

I wish you the easier taper!  :smitten:

Blue

:thumbsup: The key to an easier taper is to figure out what works best for you and do it.

I guess I would add that after you've figured out how to taper, stop reading the horror stories and focus on your non-tapering life as much as possible.

:thumbsup: The key to an easier taper is to figure out what works best for you and do it.

I guess I would add that after you've figured out how to taper, stop reading the horror stories and focus on your non-tapering life as much as possible.

Great advice Gardie. :thumbsup: 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Best advice ever. And also stop doubting your plan when people tell you that you should come off faster or slower or with more meds or less meds.