Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

I thought the group would like to sees this wonderful news. Yay, Gwinna!

I got the job offer today! Back to full time employment! This position has better hours, a higher salary, and better benefits than my previous job and marks an important career shift for me as I will no longer be teaching in an academic setting. I'm so relieved. My dad has been paying my bills for the past five months while I focused on my recovery. That time away has been life-changing and I am so grateful, but I am also ready to stand on my own two feet again. Just had to share the good news!

Gwinna

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the job offer today! Back to full time employment! This position has better hours, a higher salary, and better benefits than my previous job and marks an important career shift for me as I will no longer be teaching in an academic setting. I'm so relieved. My dad has been paying my bills for the past five months while I focused on my recovery. That time away has been life-changing and I am so grateful, but I am also ready to stand on my own two feet again. Just had to share the good news!

Gwinna

way to go Gwinna!! :thumbsup:

Gwinna

Congrats 🎈🎊🎉😀😀😀

Gwinna

That is so incredibly inspiring!  Go Gwinna!  :smitten:

Oh, wow...thank you so much!  :smitten: I'm moved.

(Thanks gardie!)

Glad to see this group is keeping things positive and encouraging. Means a lot.

~ Gwinna

(Thanks gardie!)

~ Gwinna

:hug:

(Thanks gardie!)

~ Gwinna

:smitten:  :thumbsup:  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to pop in and tell the group that I've started my taper off of gabapentin. I waited 3 months from the end of my Librium taper to begin. I did not feel fully healed from the Librium, but I accidentally missed a whole dose of gabapenitn and only felt somewhat more anxious. So I decided to give it a try. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, I'll dose correct and try again another time.

Even though I did both my benzo tapers as Daily Liquid Microtapers, I am trying the gabapentin as cut-and-hold. This is a whole new ballgame for me. I am liquefying my dose because my gabapentin comes in capsules. So I have the darn pharmacy set up in my kitchen again.::)  I keep all of my supplies out of sight when I'm not actually doing my mixing and measuring. I like to keep my home as normal looking as possible and forget about the taper as much as possible.

Right now I'm only aiming to get down to half my dose before I move in the spring. Then I'll hold and start up again when the move commotion is over. Of course, I have learned not to write any plans in stone!

I made my first cut November 1st. I'm waiting to see how it goes. So far the symptoms are similar to benzo tapering but not as severe. If the symptoms resolve quickly, I will wait the full month and then try another 10% cut. If they take more than a week to resolve, I'll try a 5% cut next time.  I've learned that rushing a taper does not work.

One med down, two to go. This sloth is on the move again! :thumbsup:

I just wanted to pop in and tell the group that I've started my taper off of gabapentin. I waited 3 months from the end of my Librium taper to begin. I did not feel fully healed from the Librium, but I accidentally missed a whole dose of gabapenitn and only felt somewhat more anxious. So I decided to give it a try. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, I'll dose correct and try again another time.

Even though I did both my benzo tapers as Daily Liquid Microtapers, I am trying the gabapentin as cut-and-hold. This is a whole new ballgame for me. I am liquefying my dose because my gabapentin comes in capsules. So I have the darn pharmacy set up in my kitchen again.::)  I keep all of my supplies out of sight when I'm not actually doing my mixing and measuring. I like to keep my home as normal looking as possible and forget about the taper as much as possible.

Right now I'm only aiming to get down to half my dose before I move in the spring. Then I'll hold and start up again when the move commotion is over. Of course, I have learned not to write any plans in stone!

I made my first cut November 1st. I'm waiting to see how it goes. So far the symptoms are similar to benzo tapering but not as severe. If the symptoms resolve quickly, I will wait the full month and then try another 10% cut. If they take more than a week to resolve, I'll try a 5% cut next time.  I've learned that rushing a taper does not work.

Good for you Gardie, I did cut and hold most of the time, and it worked fairly well, like you I had to find the right amt to taper, but I did after a fashion. I think you will do well, just take it one day at a time. I think that is a great idea about not letting your Kitchen lab be in constant eyesight, oh the things we learn to make it easier to handle. Stay Strong, you have done a remarkable job of getting off of Librium and you will do the same with the Gaby. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

so happy to hear your progress and great attitude in the new taper! very encouraging , and if you don't mind i'll just follow along as i getready to do my gaba taper as well.  do you remove the balls from each capsule and dissolve just the balls...or do you dissolve a capsule, outside and balls altogether?

I hope it goes really smooth for you Gard, you deserve an easy time with this.  Love ya, Mary 💜

Thanks, gals. :smitten:

Nomore, I'm going to take up the details of my gabapentin tapering on the gabapentin support group. See you over there! :)

Good luck Gardie, you've got this!  From one sloth to another- we all get where we are headed  :thumbsup:

BeGood- whoa!  2 more days!!!  I'm so excited for you!  Congratulations on seeing a slow, peaceful, body-honored taper through.  You're my hero!

As for me, it appears I'm going to have to slow my micro taper pace down.  I was eliminating .01 mg daily, but now that I'm down to 2.5 mg, I don't seem to be tolerating that pace any more.  I'll be slowing down to .05 mg per week, so reducing .01 daily for three days, hold for one day, reduce .01 for two days, hold for one day, then repeat.  I've had some symptoms intensify over the past couple of weeks, so, the body is speaking and I will listen. 

I'm learning freedom from benzos is more than finishing a taper... for me, it's also got to do with freedom from finishing a taper within a certain timeframe.  Freedom I can give myself by throwing my calendar out.  I was planning on being off by the end of 2020... and now, I'm beginning to lose faith that I will be able to do that.  But, I still hold hope that I'll become more functional as I near 0, and that my quality of life will improve. 

I can say that my symptoms are 95% physical at this point- no more sobbing, no more heavy grief, rarely any anxiety, seldom increased irritability.  I've watched some primary physical symptoms disappear and others take their place.  Never a dull moment...

Sending all of you warriors big hugs from the sunshine state  :smitten:

Good luck Gardie, you've got this!  From one sloth to another- we all get where we are headed  :thumbsup:

BeGood- whoa!  2 more days!!!  I'm so excited for you!  Congratulations on seeing a slow, peaceful, body-honored taper through.  You're my hero!

As for me, it appears I'm going to have to slow my micro taper pace down.  I was eliminating .01 mg daily, but now that I'm down to 2.5 mg, I don't seem to be tolerating that pace any more.  I'll be slowing down to .05 mg per week, so reducing .01 daily for three days, hold for one day, reduce .01 for two days, hold for one day, then repeat.  I've had some symptoms intensify over the past couple of weeks, so, the body is speaking and I will listen. 

I'm learning freedom from benzos is more than finishing a taper... for me, it's also got to do with freedom from finishing a taper within a certain timeframe.  Freedom I can give myself by throwing my calendar out.  I was planning on being off by the end of 2020... and now, I'm beginning to lose faith that I will be able to do that.  But, I still hold hope that I'll become more functional as I near 0, and that my quality of life will improve. 

I can say that my symptoms are 95% physical at this point- no more sobbing, no more heavy grief, rarely any anxiety, seldom increased irritability.  I've watched some primary physical symptoms disappear and others take their place.  Never a dull moment...

Wise words from a wise woman. I hope your taper slow-down gets those symptoms to ease up ASAP! :smitten: Sloths united! :hug:

And in exchange for your sunshine, may I send you some of our snow? I just shoveled the dang driveway! Well before Thanksgiving even! >:(

Wise words from a wise woman. I hope your taper slow-down gets those symptoms to ease up ASAP! :smitten: Sloths united! :hug:

And in exchange for your sunshine, may I send you some of our snow? I just shoveled the dang driveway! Well before Thanksgiving even! >:(

Absolutely!  Please send your snow down here in SW Florida, we are melting away!  We haven't yet had our fall cool-down, it's over 90 every day with the heat index.  Whew! 

Absolutely!  Please send your snow down here in SW Florida, we are melting away!  We haven't yet had our fall cool-down, it's over 90 every day with the heat index.  Whew!

Never mind. I'll keep the snow! :laugh: