Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  73 members

Music Lovers

I AM Rockfan, therefore I am... a rock fan: You knew I was going to do this...

[ro...]

My Kitty is very much into rock/hard rock/heavy metal, too. But when she hears a cat meowing on my iPad, she gets a fit of jealousy.

:laugh: My friend had a cat named Ozzy that would curl up next to the speaker any time he played Crazy Train.

Randy Rhoads was a guitar genius. Gone too soon. Like Jimi. Too tired to post stuff... Rhoads wasn’t even into drugs. It’s all so freaking absurd.

RIP Nick............badazz with cool groove to him

Great song. Been only a year since he died at the age of 51. So sad...

Article from RollingStone

http://i66.tinypic.com/33kevtg.jpg

(July 23, 1964 - May 21, 2016)

What was the exact cause of him having been fired from Megadeth?

I read Dave owed him some royalties. I wonder how much of it all is true.

I used to listen to this song first thing in the morning for years. The kings of hard rock/heavy metal.

Black Sabbath ~ "Hole In The Sky"

https://youtu.be/Q-PJDim8CsY

Sabbath is my band. I like a lot of genres but if I were stranded on a desert island give me Sabbath. Hell of a way to start the day- wake and bake! I miss those days. :(

I HAVE to hear Sabbath every day or I'll feel incomplete. I miss the days of wake 'n bakes with Sabbath too. i may dabble with it a little after I'm healed.

Out of all metal and rock guitar players I've heard, Iommi is most impressive. No flash, just down to business with the greatest riffs ever recorded. The sounds that come out of his Gibson SG are like no other. I wonder what the course of Sabbath would have been had Tony never lost the tips of those two fingers that helped create their particular sound. Sounds like a monster, can't get enough.

Black Sabbath ~ "Megalomania" from Past Lives

https://youtu.be/xOGC1enNkNw

Black Sabbath ~ "Hole in the Sky/Symptom of the Universe" from Past Lives

RIP Nick............badazz with cool groove to him

Great song. Been only a year since he died at the age of 51. So sad...

Article from RollingStone

http://i66.tinypic.com/33kevtg.jpg

(July 23, 1964 - May 21, 2016)

What was the exact cause of him having been fired from Megadeth?

I read Dave owed him some royalties. I wonder how much of it all is true.

Well we may never know exactly why Nick was booted by Dave but I think there's some merit to what your saying. There's a reason James and Lars booted Dave way back............now look at how may people Dave has gone through. I think it's the "all about Dave" show with him

Yeah, saw a documentary about Dave’s difficult childhood. I guess it could have taken its toll on his character. He had a very stern father. Sometimes one’s upbringing is like a curse that follows one throughout life. I think James and Lars couldn’t handle Dave’s aggressiveness, especially when he got drunk. Dave was desperate about having gotten kicked out of Metallica. But in a way, he brought it upon himself. In dealing with ppl, chiefly emotional intelligence is needed. A super high IQ doesn’t make a difference. Mark Manson describes Dave’s problem with Metallica greatly in "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck". Well, Kirk is an awesome musician. The way he plays is just fab. He’s also a gentle fellow.

Dave is a very talented musician and has got some fine personality traits. Like perseverance, resilience, determination to reach his goals. Hard-working. But when he got sober. He wanted everyone in the band to be sober as well. Oh well, as long as one can play. Why does he have to get sober, cause the frontman got sober? Dave may be quite difficult privately. I’m wondering how come his wife has managed to stay with him for so long. Think I know that type of women. They’re a great couple, however. I do hope they’re happy. Haven’t posted any song in ages. Time to post some stuff. Tomorrow maybe, when things get easier.

http://i63.tinypic.com/10er9mo.jpg

"Old soldiers never die; they just fade away." [Douglas MacArthur]

In memoriam Malcolm Young (6 Jan. 1953 - 18 Nov. 2017). One of the best rhythm guitarists of all time, songwriter, visionary, the founder of rock band AC/DC in 1973. Along with his brother Angus Young, who’s one of the best lead guitar players. In September 2014, Malcolm had to permanently leave the band, due to dementia, caused by a stroke. He also underwent heart and lung surgery and had a pacemaker installed. All this might have been the result of a long-term alcohol abuse. As Angus Young wrote on AC/DC Facebook page "Malcolm leaves behind a legacy that will last forever." Malcolm died a month after his brother, George.

Here’s my tribute to Malcolm.

Article from the "RollingStone" with AC/DC music.

Ultimate Classic Rock "Malcolm Young’s Final Years"

RIP Malcolm, loved his rhythm sound and style........sort of the backbone of the AC/DC sound.

I was lucky enough to see them twice in there hay day, 1st time was the 'Back in black' tour and then on the 'For those about to rock' tour.

RIP Malcolm, loved his rhythm sound and style........sort of the backbone of the AC/DC sound.

I was lucky enough to see them twice in there hay day, 1st time was the 'Back in black' tour and then on the 'For those about to rock' tour.

Yeah, they just pass away, one by one. All those great rockers. It’s so sad. In the end, he couldn’t even remember AC/DC songs...

• 2 weeks later...

Southern fried rock for your listening pleasure.  Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd 

Wonderful guitar solos by Allen Collins and Gary Rossington. A masterpiece. Love it :thumbsup:

Southern fried rock for your listening pleasure.  Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd 

Wonderful guitar solos by Allen Collins and Gary Rossington. A masterpiece. Love it :thumbsup:

Wow, you really know your stuff, smart girl.  Glad you liked.  :)

Love good guitar riffs. Can listen for hours. This band has a sad past, though. I have the impression that there are less and less great rock bands to listen to...

Estee, favorite riff master?

For me, there’s no one like Jimi Hendrix. "Little Wing" - I like this one the most. There are so many others. How about you? Haven’t posted a song in ages.

Haha, funny that's actually my favorite Jimmie song.......just too short unfortunately.

Few at the top for me are David Gilmore, Jerry Cantrell and of course Mr. Hetfield. I'm not into who can play the fastest or most difficult, I tend to go more off arrangment and when I hear something that makes my hair stand up.....that's alright with me  :thumbsup:

Haha, funny that's actually my favorite Jimmie song.......just too short unfortunately.

Few at the top for me are David Gilmore, Jerry Cantrell and of course Mr. Hetfield. I'm not into who can play the fastest or most difficult, I tend to go more off arrangment and when I hear something that makes my hair stand up.....that's alright with me  :thumbsup:

You know, I’ve got like 2-3 riffs from each guitar player that I like most. It’s not enough that sb is good technically. Like Eric Clapton i.e. Must appeal to my emotions. I like Ed Van Halen, he’s very good and got a few awesome riffs. Then Tony Iommi, Ritchie Blackmore, David Gilmour, Jimmy Page, Neil Young, late Allen Collins. Also stuff you wouldn’t consider hard rock at all. Keith Richards is a genius, I wonder what still keeps him going. I’m happy he’s around! He’s incredible. I like the Edge, Slash, Mark Knopfler, Angus Young, Mike McCready. As far as Metallica is concerned, Kirk Hammett is also great. Would be nice to post sth by Metallica, but I need a picture. I don’t know if I want a picture of a band. Music evokes so many different emotions, than to simply post a picture of a band is not enough for me. My creative side works in this way: words - pictures - music.

Gosh, and James Hetfield. It goes without saying. They were the first metal band I ever listened to as a kid. They led me to all my further discoveries. Those old pix of them are so nostalgic...

Het is a metal monster.....such a stage presence to this day. Not to mention some of the ridiculous twisted riffs he comes up with. He and Kirk work so well together. Love the way they harmonize together on some of the soloing in there songs.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. Some nice keyboard work in there too. I'm going have to look that up. You ever heard Riviera Paradise? Some neat guitar work by Stevie.

Oh yeah, I know that one. From my understanding it was done in one take. SRV was damn good.