• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mi...]

• [zi...]

• [...]

• [Gm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mikey...I have had allot of this strange light stuff during my withdrawl as well, flashes, streaks, spots, splotches, auras of light everywhere in my vision also the floaters you talk about and sometimes double vision with glowing edges all sorts of weird stuff. I've been off benzos for over 5 months now and it's starting to go away, its not gone completely but isn't near as bad and only happens from time to time now, it gets better, I thought it never would.

Congradulations for being benzo free! From reading youre posts you seem to be having some small improvements, I hope it keeps getting better for you.

Kc Lee

Sorry Mikey, that sounds like a w/d symptom. I too had noise sensitivity for a long time but it is finally gone. It will go for you too.

Loud noises made me feel like I was in a torture chamber or something.  We're just super sensitive.  Don't forget that loud noises are used as psychological warfare... which goes back to Jericho where the walls came tumbling down.  I used to want to hide somewhere when it got so loud.  I couldn't even deal with going to a mall for longer than 15 minutes.  The sound of the ocean at the beach would drive me bonkers.  It's all real normal - and is a sign that your mind is attempting to recalibrate.  You feel like falling down because that is your defense mechanism responding to the invasion of sound.

Try and introduce yourself slowly to sound by listening to music at various levels of sound.  Each week attempt to turn up the volume a bit more.  It takes time but you will be able to tolerate it again.

Ziggy

[fe...]

loud noise i feel like falling down when i hear something LOUD Its Crazy

I have more of the light sensitivity, and have seen the lights so on..

The noises so far haven't bothered me, but light sensitivity like looking at something and looking at a white wall and seeing it has, or anykind of strong light.

Keryn.

I Am Still Having Weird Throat Closing Has Anyone Ever Had That???

I have read that several of our members have experienced something similar to this.  Have you discussed this with your doctor?

!@#%@#%  YES I have had this and it sucks.  I used to eat a lot of cold, cold ice cream to get it to go away... BUT then I discovered acupuncture.  Go see an acupuncturist and ask them to open up your chest (if you chest is tight - mine was) and to open up your throat.  It is just muscles spasms -  IT is not common anxiety- but it is "body" anxiety from too much stimuli.  I saw an acupuncturist 3 times and she cleared me right up.  I actually got the most relief the very first time I went to see her.  I guess there is a reason why its been around for 2000 years and its not all phony baloney.

Ziggy

Good idea Ziggy  :thumbsup: Yes Mikey I think it would really help you to get alcupuncture i' m actaually looking into it myself... Yes Mikey I have had that to and it is the most uncomfortable feeling and sends me into a panic.....Mine is causeed from anxiety from the WD, but just to let you know it has cleared up for me and I don't really get it anymore and the same will happen for you ;)

Anixety None

Depression I have no interest in nothing sometimes just my tv show.... NCIS

I Feel Tired Even When Doing Lite Exercise What It comes and goes

but with the eyes again i been having weird eye movements

Mikey,

I don't have anxiety either, but like you I did have crazy anxiety attacks before the taper.  I don't know if we don't experience the anxiety because we are in DT, DR, or DP.  It's all a blur to me.  I do know that when I get a window that I don't have anxiety, nor do I have "body anxiety" accompanied with the throat tightness.  So, I am guessing that some of us heal with anxiety and some of us don't.

Ziggy

I Am Still Having Weird Throat Closing Has Anyone Ever Had That???

This was a verry common withdrawl symptom for me...verry scary, also it felt like i couldnt breath.

I've talked to lots and lots of members who have had this withdrawl symptom...it goes away in time.

[fe...]

I've had the throat closing, I thought it was just my throat getting sore.. it passed, comes and goes and I hate this sx, hate all the sx's.. you'll make it, hang in there.

Keryn.

Being Better

But There More Weird Symptoms That Come And Go I'm Sitting Down & I Feel Like Falling Down Scared I Am Going To Get A Blackout..

Scared I Am Going To Get A Blackout..

Hey Mikey,

Have you ever blacked out before?  I have never seen you metion that you have, so it is highly unlikely that it will happen.  Please try to stop worrying about things that have not and most likely will not happen.

Mikey these all sound like common w/d symptoms. Hang in there buddy, they will get better and will go away with time. I know they are scary and frustrating but they won't hurt you. If you are scared they are something else, you can always go to a doc for piece of mind.

Scared I Am Going To Get A Blackout..

Hey Mikey,

Have you ever blacked out before?  I have never seen you metion that you have, so it is highly unlikely that it will happen.  Please try to stop worrying about things that have not and most likely will not happen.

bevoir no but everytime i see strong lights or open spaces i feel like falling down, passing out.

Mikey sorry that you are having that feeling. It sounds like light sensitivity which is common during benzo w/d, and if it is that it will go away. Hang in there!

Mikey,

I had this too for about 3 months and the rooms felt crooked and all the buildings looked like the Leaning Tower of Pisa.  I never passed out but I sure felt like I was going to everytime I walked around and I had to do a lot of walking in rehab.  Sometimes I felt like I was walking on the moon, but once that passed I just wanted to pass out from exhaustion.  I think this is because our vertigo is slightly out of whack and it affects our balance. 

Hang in there and just keep it in the back of your head that it is just a feeling and that you won't pass out.  Your mind won't let your body collapse or black out.  If it never happened in your past (minus alcohol blackouts), then there is no reason for it to start up know.  The mind and body are still functioning and the instincts are not lost so even if you were to fall your reflexes will catch you.

Be well and it does get a lot better!

Ziggy

There are 3 Things are Pissing Me Off Dont Know What To Do, Where To Go.

1. Lost In Reality Still Really Sucks  >:( >:(>:( >:(>:(

2. LACK OF INTEREST IS STILL A PROBLEM I HOPE IT GETS BETTER NO DEPRESSION

3. CLOUDY Vision & Doesnt Seem To Be Clear... Sorry To Swear I Don't Give a Shit About Nothing Why Is That Only My Favortive Tv Shows

All I Want Is For 2011 To Get Better

Mikey

That is my Christmas and New Year's wish for all of us too Mikey, that we all heal and feel much better in 2011. Hang in there Mikey, things will improve with more time.

how was everyone holidays best wishes to everyone :D  :D :D

i am doing good just having flashbacks and Deja  vu its crazy it been happening already 2 weeks on and off

mikey congrats on being almost 4 months free. I felt like I was going to black out many many times at your time off. Mine got better around the 5 - 6 month mark. I hope it gets better for you soon man.  :thumbsup:

how was everyone holidays best wishes to everyone :D  :D :D

i am doing good just having flashbacks and Deja  vu its crazy it been happening already 2 weeks on and off

Glad to hear you are doing good Mikey!  :thumbsup: