Permanent Benzo Damage? This Is Not Fun

Hi Mikey,

Are you completely drug free right now?  I just took my last Prilosec January 21st of this year.  I was on Prilosec for 10 years too!  I'm 51 and have never eaten better.  It's all in your diet Mikey.  Eat lots of fruit and veggies.  Stay away from the meat and dairy.  Watch your food combinations too.  Bad food combinations cause excess acid to be produced.  Do you currently work?  Are you sleeping ok?  I wouldn't worry about your weight right now.  Going up or down 10 or 20 pounds isn't a problem.

Do you exercise?

You need to get your sleep center back on track.  Start getting up early in the morning, and going to bed around the same time every night.

You’re going to be ok.  Your body is out of sync, but, it will adjust.  Give it time.

Mark

i sleep good now but still my body is out of whack the eyes are crazy i see 100 floaters

i am seeing sperm like floaters and regulars floaters white blood cells in the eyes i eat alot of fruit. i drink alot of aloe vera juice now instead of prilosec aloe vera good for the stomach.... 

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mi...]

• [zi...]

• [...]

• [Gm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

will the clear mind ever come back

its bad its very bad cloudy and vision to messed up I See spots dots zig zags i know its harmless but it's not fun cloudy like fog i take 2gm of Fish Oil Nothing Works

What Did The Hospital Do To Me Pushing More Klonoping 2mg On Me May 18 2010 Why I So Scared That It Permanent I Want a Life Again

Hi Mikey, you will heal and get your life back, it just takes time. Sorry to hear you have the eye floaters too. I also have that symptom. It will go away Mikey, I didn't have them before benzos either and with time they will go away. Hang in there Mikey, things will get better.

Hi Mikey,

When is the last time you had blood work done?  I know low blood sugar can cause floaties.  My blood sugar was low and when it was I experienced the floaties too.  Keep taking the fish oil, very good stuff.

Hang on, things will get better.

Mark

Try to eat less fruit, the fructose in it is not the best for you,  similarly it will spike then crash your blood sugar all the time.  More slow burning carbs and protein might stabilize your blood sugar if that is a problem for you.

[ab...]

I had the floater's before Benzo's, I know what you're talking about..in my case I was told the gel broke down in my eyes..from very bad Nearsightedness and Astigmatism.. I see the floater's moreso looking up in the sky or while looking at something white.. they look like little dots everywhere for me.

I hope this clears for you soon.

Keryn.

Lots of people have floaters Mikey - especially as you get older.  I noticed them first in my 30's and I was in tip top shape, working out, very fit  (before benzos).  I get them all of the time still. If you're very worried get your eyes checked - it's a pretty simple thing to do but I have a feeling everything would turn out fine.

Mikey,

It's all part of the process.  I realized that I had to completely change my diet to high protein and slow burning carbs.  I eat 6 proportioned meals a day to speed up my metabolism so I don't keep gaining weight.  I consume about 220 grams of protein and eat a lot of rice, oatmeal, and granola.  I keep the fruits and sugars to a minimum by blending frozen fruit with protein and soy milk.  I also eat a lot of veggies. Greek Yogurt is also a good source of natural protein.  Be careful with red meat, but you can use ground turkey for burgers.

The other thing that helped me pull out of this quicker and remain healthy was that I started working out 6 times a week.  I noticed that cardio and working out helped out a lot with the cog fog.  Without working out and a healthy diet I would have been a mess and not able to work, workout, or function to any degree.  I actually started my own marketing and IT business when I was 3 months off benzos.  I wasn't functioning very well at all and I'm still not, but it keeps me busy and my mind off benzos.  I'm not sure I did it, but I really didn't have a choice in the matter.

be well,

Ziggy

Mikey,

It's all part of the process.  I realized that I had to completely change my diet to high protein and slow burning carbs.  I eat 6 proportioned meals a day to speed up my metabolism so I don't keep gaining weight.  I consume about 220 grams of protein and eat a lot of rice, oatmeal, and granola.  I keep the fruits and sugars to a minimum by blending frozen fruit with protein and soy milk.  I also eat a lot of veggies. Greek Yogurt is also a good source of natural protein.  Be careful with red meat, but you can use ground turkey for burgers.

The other thing that helped me pull out of this quicker and remain healthy was that I started working out 6 times a week.  I noticed that cardio and working out helped out a lot with the cog fog.  Without working out and a healthy diet I would have been a mess and not able to work, workout, or function to any degree.  I actually started my own marketing and IT business when I was 3 months off benzos.  I wasn't functioning very well at all and I'm still not, but it keeps me busy and my mind off benzos.  I'm not sure I did it, but I really didn't have a choice in the matter.

be well,

Ziggy

Great reply, Ziggy. That's some great info.

Don't know how I'm able to do what I do. Just seem to do it. We all know an idle mind, isn't always a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

got a blood test

my ASG Liver Emzymes are High? IN THE RANGE IT SHOULD BE 50 ITS 120 I AM WORRIED

ALT

ALK

I AM BENZO FREE FOR A LONG TIME IS THIS FROM BENZO USE FOR THE 7 YEARS

Elevated liver enzymes indicate inflammation or damage to cells in the liver. Inflamed or injured liver cells may leak higher than normal amounts of certain chemicals, including liver enzymes, into the bloodstream, resulting in elevated liver enzymes on blood tests.

The specific elevated liver enzymes most commonly found are:

■Alanine transaminase (ALT)

■Aspartate transaminase (AST)

Elevated liver enzymes may be detected during liver function tests. In most cases, liver enzyme levels are elevated mildly and temporarily. Most of the time, elevated liver enzymes don't signal a chronic, serious liver problem.

What did your doc say todo. My uncle had this once alcahol and even certain teas can make your liver enzymes elevate.....I know people who had this and they went down and back to normal once the doc found out the cause...

Hang in there buddy and congrats for being benzo free for so long....

got a blood test

my ASG Liver Emzymes are High? IN THE RANGE IT SHOULD BE 50 ITS 120 I AM WORRIED

ALT

ALK

I AM BENZO FREE FOR A LONG TIME IS THIS FROM BENZO USE FOR THE 7 YEARS

Hi Mike:

Not necessarily from benzos.  Are you still drinking alcohol, your sig line indicated early on you did.  The doctor is surely testing you further correct?  Are you taking alot of otc supplements? Cholesterol meds?  Many things can elevate liver enzymes, including medications, drastic diets, certain otc supplements, alcohol and of course hepatitis.

Let us know what your doctor finds out for you and good luck.  The liver has amazing regenerative powers, once the offending cause is determined.

Robin

• 2 weeks later...

hey all its about the foods i am 200lb and that why my liver alt asg are high i am now on a good diet

nope i dont touch alcohol nor anymore benzos

Mikey,

your posting style and frequency has really changed over the last month or so,

does this mean you are healing?

i still get the headaches/pressure in the head. But  i dont worry about it i am with JESUS Whatever Happens Happens I Am Clean And Sober And I Am Happy

Sooo MIkey and you are healing I can here it in your words....I was also think ing the samthing cause your posts haven't been as frequent anymore....So happy for you :)

Mikey I am so glad you are improving and healing! I agree, you sound better in your posts and you say you are happy, I am very happy for you.  :thumbsup:

Hi Ziggy...

You eat 220 grams of protein?  I just wanted to be sure that was right.  I was told that high amounts of protein were hard on the kidneys and most people need around 60.  I assume you have not had any problems with that amount of protein?  Every body is different.  Glad that works for you.  Take care...

Mikey,

be well,

Ziggy

Well, actually I just switched to 250 grams of protein.  I am training at a gym daily, but workout 4-5 times a week and do cardio 3x a week.  The intake is right for my weight, and is just right for how much I workout.  Everyone is different.  If you are not training, then you want to consume less (1 gram PER 2lbs of BODY Weight) - Right now I consume slightly over 1gram of protein per 1 lbs of body weight.

-I don't believe in statistics (ie: one year we are to drink 8 glasses of water a day and the next year we find out it was too much) and my numbers came from a licensed personal trainer who has been doing this for 20 years and trains pro atheletes.  It was also crossed by a licensed nutritionists. 

Ziggy

PS:  Mikey:  Glad to hear you are healing and doing the best you can to keep moving ahead.  Congrats!

Well, actually I just switched to 250 grams of protein.  I am training at a gym daily, but workout 4-5 times a week and do cardio 3x a week.  The intake is right for my weight, and is just right for how much I workout.  Everyone is different.  If you are not training, then you want to consume less (1 gram PER 2lbs of BODY Weight) - Right now I consume slightly over 1gram of protein per 1 lbs of body weight.

-I don't believe in statistics (ie: one year we are to drink 8 glasses of water a day and the next year we find out it was too much) and my numbers came from a licensed personal trainer who has been doing this for 20 years and trains pro atheletes.  It was also crossed by a licensed nutritionists. 

Ziggy

PS:  Mikey:  Glad to hear you are healing and doing the best you can to keep moving ahead.  Congrats!

my protein is in the norm the worst thing is still the cloudy vision the blurry vision whatever i see on the tv or screen i have a reflection? the floaters and the sperm like lighting up floaters that is the worst

Those will continue to fade... I still get those every once in a while during the day, but for the most part they are gone.

I remember not being able to see anything on the TV... the sperm floaters sucked.  Reading a book was just out of the question.  My eyes got tired after attempting to chase the words all over the page in the first 5 minutes.

-How is the anxiety? 

-How is the depression?

-How is the fatigue?

Those will continue to fade... I still get those every once in a while during the day, but for the most part they are gone.

I remember not being able to see anything on the TV... the sperm floaters sucked.  Reading a book was just out of the question.  My eyes got tired after attempting to chase the words all over the page in the first 5 minutes.

-How is the anxiety? 

-How is the depression?

-How is the fatigue?

Anixety None

Depression I have no interest in nothing sometimes just my tv show.... NCIS

I Feel Tired Even When Doing Lite Exercise What It comes and goes

but with the eyes again i been having weird eye movements

Yup.. the no interest in the world or anything around you is pretty common.  I had that too really bad.

It's pretty crazy that the anxiety is gone... though you may notice you will have the panic attack, but with no panic.  In other words the anxiety is now "body anxiety" - you will know you have it if you start sweating like crazy from you chest, arm pits, feet, hands, head, and groin area.  It's great though to have no anxiety like we used too.  The fatigue is ridiculous, although it allows your body and mind time to heal.  How could it heal if we were running around like crazy?  I kind of feel like I have only fired up 3 cylinders out of a 6 cylinder engine - like my mind, body, muscles, concentration are all running at 1/2 of what they are capable of.  You just have to keep telling yourself that you were not like this before and you will heal.

Be well and rest up!

Ziggy

Mikey, its sounds like you are slowly improving - this is wonderful news!

One of my most favorite things to do is read.  I could not do it for months due to floaters, weird movements and blurred vision.  It is completely gone, now.  So I'm back to reading again.

NCIS is one my favorites as well.  Like you, I had that "blah...who cares about anything" feeling.  I'd watch something on TV that I knew would normally have me laughing (think Jeff Dunham), and I'd just sit there and stare at it while my hubby laughed his head off.  I have had vast improvement in this area.

The improvements sometimes are so small we don't notice them because we're so focused on "reaching the finish line to healing".  Looking back, I can see how bad off I was, and how much better I am now.

This will happen for you, too.  Hang in there - you're doing great! :)

Yup.. the no interest in the world or anything around you is pretty common.  I had that too really bad.

It's pretty crazy that the anxiety is gone... though you may notice you will have the panic attack, but with no panic.  In other words the anxiety is now "body anxiety" - you will know you have it if you start sweating like crazy from you chest, arm pits, feet, hands, head, and groin area.  It's great though to have no anxiety like we used too.  The fatigue is ridiculous, although it allows your body and mind time to heal.  How could it heal if we were running around like crazy?  I kind of feel like I have only fired up 3 cylinders out of a 6 cylinder engine - like my mind, body, muscles, concentration are all running at 1/2 of what they are capable of.  You just have to keep telling yourself that you were not like this before and you will heal.

Be well and rest up!

Ziggy

but the fatique is still hell IT COMES AND GOES THE SYMPTOM STILL COME AND GO...

THE LOST IS STILL BAD!!!! I FEEL LOST AT TIMES...