Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The December 2015-February 2016 Jump Club

[Er...]

WOO HOO~ Victory! I love hearing this!

I went back to the gym today and I did just fine too!!! I didn't even need to think of Eric or pens or Bjesti. I just chatted with the coach while I did it. I think it helped that I've told her whats been going on and she is very understanding. I even told her about my intrusive thoughts which hit me tonight again SO HARD.

Do any of you guys get these? It's like I'm living in a Stephen King novel sometimes. Scary, morbid, death, bloodly you name it. It's like my mind just takes over and I have no control over these scary thoughts. This is in addition to the health anxiety. I have that too. THose 2 are my worst symptoms this week. It's just crazy to me that we can feel a little better then get slammed with scary thoughts out of nowhere. My physical symptoms are still here but the mental ones are horrific for me.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pe...]

• [an...]

• [Er...]

• [Ho...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I do get some intrusive thoughts but it is not nearly as bad as yours sounds. And mine seem to go hand in hand with my health anxiety and are not stand alone. I'm sorry you got hit hard. I'm happy that you had s good workout session without thinking about W/D! That's awesome.

On a side note, cough drops SHOULD NOT be allowed to be made in red. I got up in the middle of the night last night because of my cold and congestion and not to sound too graphic but I spit out some drainage from my throat and it was red and I was worried until I realized it was probably cough drop dye and I wasn't spitting up blood!  :laugh:  :laugh: Not s good mix with health anxiety and my fear of lung cancer even though I don't smoke.

Oh EricSS that sounds terrible- red dye. Kinda funny too though. I think we have to laugh or we'd just cry!

Hi all:

Eric, glad the plane ride went well.  Sorry about the red stuff.  I don't know when I am half asleep and it's night, those kind of fears seem to hit me harder.  In the light of day, it seems, things are clearer.

ang, glad the workout went so well!  I have intrusive thoughts, thoughts I don't want, that  seem to come out of nowhere, but they have more to do with things I regret or the pains of aging.  Stuff like that.  Not Stephen King graphic (just once in a while driving I have a vision of an accident).  Need to think on this some more.

We have not talked much, I think, about fatigue or tiredness here.  Are any of you at any time of the day just feeling whipped,  bone tired, and don't want to move.  I get attacks of that especially in the morning.  Scares me.  Am I tired because I am anxious or anxious because I am sooooo tired.

Happy Tuesday, all.

Hey, all!

Two days ago every second was terrible, yesterday I was shivering and nervous, which was a new reaction. I must have had over a hundred different ways of suffering during these fourteen months.

But today I woke up, and felt immediately that this would be a good day. This was fantastic, because this is our national day, when every single person in this country is outside celebrating. We met family and friends all day. And looked at all the school children in town marching behind all the brass/janitsjar bands in town. Norway is very special this way. And we dress in bunad, traditional clothes from all parts of the country.

And Ang,

I have had no scary or intrusive thoughts  during this period. The only "millstone thoughts" that have been in my head is the problem I've got not to go to work anymore. What shall I do to fill up at least parts of the days. But I know that this will be a smaller problem when I get well again after this extremely tough period in life.

And pensioner,

I can't say I've had any kind of fatigue or tiredness. But my physical state needs a boost when this is over.

pensionier1 Yes I sure have. I think the entire months 1-3 I went from the bed to my couch and just laid and read all day. I believe some of my energy just came back about 2 weeks ago. But- I can' tell if it is nervous energy or my baseline energy- it seems to be more than I remember having. Now I can't sit too long or I get antsy. I would also get attacks where I felt afraid to move- the way you would be afraid of a spider. Those were very strange.

Are you eating lots of healthy food and drinking a lot of water? That's all I can do to help myself through this and so far so good.

Bjesti- so glad you have a good holiday! That is so great!

Ang please let me know how you are making out at the gym. I would like to return to it but I have a lot of burning along my spine and throughout my body. I am scared that the gym will aggravate these symptoms.  Do you have burning? If so, how are you managing working out at cross fit?!! Wow!

Eric, the cough drop story totally sounds like something I would do. My fear is cancer. I'm desperately trying to quit chewing. I'm just about there. But I'm so hyper sensitive to every little ache and pain. I think the worst. I guess the anxiety to quit chewing is a good thing. Except for the fact I've been to the dentist 4 times and the doc twice in the last 4 months and everything has checked out fine, but I'm still freaked. Mornings still could be better. Still having some irrational fears. Songs stuck in my head wake me up in the morning. Anxiety is so so. Playing hockey has help the stress. Taking a 12 hour road trip with my wife and am having anxieties over that. I'm sure it will be fine. Would be better if the Colorado sunshine would come out. Hope your all hanging in there, and this stupid health anxiety passes for everyone. Life is short. God bless.

This past week was there a full moon???  :tickedoff:

Mon my accupuncturist mentioned my lung point on ear casually regarding lung health (ofcourse this freaked me out), tues I scratched both corneas, yesterday bruised a vein in my finger, bruised my knee falling off neighbors porch, and broke a tooth! then found out i have to get a crown, and dds saw a anomalie on xray but thinks its nothing... also a friend from few yrs ago contacted me early in the week about visiting when she came to town. it brought up old memories (shes ex boyfriends cousin, not a good relationship w him) and her visit w me on Sat kinda stirred the pot a bit.  And yep, sleep got progressively worse through the week. By Sun i was in pain

So today I bought myself a massage!! :thumbsup:

Gia- I don't have a whole lot of burning but I do have nerve pain in my lower back, my left shoulder and my right foot (plantar fasciatis). I've been going to the chiropractor twice a week since February and doing a little PT with him and he tells me over and over that I am just hypersensitive to pain, I do not have tissue damage and that there is "nothing to worry about." He even said that some of my stiffness is coming from laying around too much- I AGREE! He said the body tells us when we have a serious, serious problem- not the mind- which is my whole problem with this health anxiety. I was convinced I had a rib out of place or that I needed shoulder surgery again because it really feels like my arm was dislocated. But guess what, I decided ok the doc said no damage so just try to ignore it. It worked, I did the workout and guess what? My arm feels so much better! My arm just missed lifting weights too! :laugh:

I have session #2 tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. I am sore today, but the good kind of sore, like I did a good workout. Love that feeling!

Hockeylife we missed you! How are your other symptoms? I'm proud of you for quitting dip. I quit smoking 14 months ago after smoking since I was 18- I'm 37 now so it was over half my life. I read a book called "The easy way to stop smoking." I bet it would work with dip too since it's about nicotine addiction and how we can't help ourselves because our body craves nicotine when we keep giving it nicotine. Stop feeding the little monster (giving your body dip) and stop feeding the big monster (the cravings) and before you know it both will disappear. I know easier said than done but that book worked for me after so many cold turkey attempts. I seriously don't even think about it, don't miss it and am not one of those asshole ex-smokers.

Kris- You may need to wrap yourself in bubblewrap next week  :tickedoff:

Thank you! I went to the Chiro twice in Jan. He did acupuncture points. Might go again.

I have session #2 tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. I am sore today, but the good kind of sore, like I did a good workout. Love that feeling! Yes please!! Have a great workout!

Friends, i just read some articles about the nicotine in the patch being just as bad as inhaling cigarettes and about quitting before age 40, Vit A bad for patch/cig users and other articles...im 50 and im just freaking scared!! I wish id quit 10 yrs ago and never touched a benzo. i feel like i threw my life away and i did it to myself! my parents didnt eat perfect etc and smoked and both died at 76. what do you think im in for?? I wish this could be a more "positive " obsession and motivating to be eating perfect exercising etc on top of eliminating klon and remeron! vs this horrifying feeling

Ang, Thank you, just ordered the book. Anything is worth a try. Thank you. I'll keep you posted. As far as other symptoms, morning anxiety is hit and miss and when it's hit, it's better than it has been. I have not been throwing up anymore. I'm also about two months in of taking Seriphos. Not sure if that's helped or if I'm just getting better. Health anxiety is my biggest issue. Fatigue and lack of motivation or probably some depression. I think my ocd is either hindering or helping my desire to quit chewing. Can't decide which, but it's better than obsessing over some of the other horrible worries I've had. Still having some of the regular with drawl stuff but not as bad. I'm at 5 months off just a few days ago.

Kris, it's never to late to quit. You can do it!

Kris- get the book!

Also guys, I'm reading "Feeling Good" by Dr. David Burns. I just started it yesterday but I think this just might help me with anxiety and depression. On page 25 so I'll let you know but so far so good!

Gia I hit the gym again and pushed harder than I realized because I just forgot myself while doing it! I did a bunch of dumbell bench presses, trap raises, bicep curls. Pushed the 45 pound sled around the building 3 times, did 9 wall climbs with 10 second holds (so hard!) rode the bike, there's more just cant remember. Then I said to my coach, "wow you got my heart rate up and I didn't even realize it. So slick!" I went in the gym with a LOT of anxiety and came out of there feeling like I was on the edge of a partial window- not kidding. So strange how that happens!

I think it's working for me

I don't think I have the muscle pain- I do have the nerve pain. it's in my right butt cheek, right foot, left shoulder. It seems to be lessening.

hockeylife, yes i know but quitting now is difficult. and i hate it when i do smoke. trying the patch still. I just wonder if the damage is done

ang  what book??

Hi all:

Ang, sounds like an excellent workout and it confirms my belief that exercise can really help in the immediate.  I exercise every day and every day I can look forward to feeling at least a little better when I am done.  I can't workout like you of course, but an hour twenty on an elliptical or stationary bike plus a half mile swim is not so bad for 70 years old.  I have given up on increasing muscle mass.

kris and hockey, I am sorry for your struggle with demon nicotine.  I labored with the habit, quitting many times then starting again, for over 40 years.  The information out there about what cigarettes and nicotine can do to a person is absolutely chilling.  Kris, I don't know what you read about over 50, but I know that quitting at any age reduces your chances of a stroke or heart attack.  That is reason enough to quit.  Also patches are better that cigarettes simply because the stuff is not going along with smoke straight to your lungs. But, and this is a BIG BUT, trying to quit while going through withdrawal could be awfully difficult. That's why--were I you--I might go first to an intermediate measure, like patches or that gum.  Best of luck to you both.  And read that book Ang suggested....

Happy Thursday and may all be as well as well can be.

Gia I hit the gym again and pushed harder than I realized because I just forgot myself while doing it! I did a bunch of dumbell bench presses, trap raises, bicep curls. Pushed the 45 pound sled around the building 3 times, did 9 wall climbs with 10 second holds (so hard!) rode the bike, there's more just cant remember. Then I said to my coach, "wow you got my heart rate up and I didn't even realize it. So slick!" I went in the gym with a LOT of anxiety and came out of there feeling like I was on the edge of a partial window- not kidding. So strange how that happens!

I think it's working for me BEAST MODE!!!  Get it get it!! Glad working out is working for you!!

I don't think I have the muscle pain- I do have the nerve pain. it's in my right butt cheek, right foot, left shoulder. It seems to be lessening.

thanks ang!!

pensioner thanks for your support - i have heard before what you said, its just the fact that nicotine in any form still poses same LungC risk.  I wonder if i absolutely have the gene cause mom and dad did or if it can change! (epigenetics)

thanks hocky too!

Hey maybe i wont be so obsessed and scared when my gaba receptors have upregulated and i get back to homeostasis!

Just to update on my 12 hour car ride cause I'm trying to keep my mind busy. Was very anxious about this trip. When we left the house had a mini panic attack. Wanted to turn around and go home. Sit in my chair. Where it's safe. Something to do with my comfort zone I think. Made it through that and then once the sun went down I'm perfectly fine. Feel completely like myself. I've always seem to have been able to function better in the night. Even before withdrawal. Strange I am. Anyways, just thought I'd share. Hope all is well.

ang... i saw in the reviews for the book that you are to take wellbutrin as part of the program, for 2 wks....did you do this? I dont remember a post about this book sorry if i missed it. i dont want to take another med. I wonder if it will still be real helpful. reviews were real good but it was just the one mention on the main page about wellbutrin

Um no. I didn't take anything and that's not what the book teaches. Whoever said that is an idiot. Don't listen to reviews, just read the book. Did you see it has 5 stars and thousands of ratings???? Ignore that one dumb review please!

Hey Kris..

Just want to second Ang.  I took wellburtin.  STAY AWAY from it.

In the meantime, I deeply empathize with your fears about lung cancer (especially if there is some genetic basis for the concern).