Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

For those nearing the end and jumping this summer-ish (time frame is not exact)... there is a new support group just started for Summer 2019 jumpers to process thoughts abt this experience and moving forward into life. Feel free to chime in!

(Taper specific questions are still probably best answered here and other taper boards.)

Libr,

That is so exciting to read of others who are on the cusp of sliding into home plate and journeying on to healing.

Are you able to share the link to this thread, pls?  :smitten:

I'm down to nothing but dust as of today.  .008 grams in weight. Planning to taper to 0 by this weekend.

Wish me luck!

After 4 years, I’m finally in the 2s! 2.9mg of Valium today. I’ve read so many good stories about ppl feeling so much better once they got to 2.5 or so. And so many ppl it got worse for them. I’m having a really rough time today mentally. Questioning myself. If it’s going to get unbearable now because I’m so low. If I’m going to crash. If I need to slow my taper down. I think reading things over the years from forums has scared me.

***I taper .012mg daily (.36mg/month)***

Anyone have any positive advice or experiences similar to where I am? I thought I’d be proud of myself and excited for the end of this taper once I got to the 2s, but right now I’m just scared of what may come. I was 18 the last time I was med free. I’m 35 now. I’m just scared I’m nearing the end and unknown of how the taper will finish. Thank you.

I'm down to nothing but dust as of today.  .008 grams in weight. Planning to taper to 0 by this weekend.

Wish me luck!

So happy for you I could cry. ;D :'( ;D 

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimages%2F18df23afd3757cd74a1cd90c2075509d%2Ftenor.gif%3Fitemid%3D13123509&f=1

After 4 years, I’m finally in the 2s! 2.9mg of Valium today. I’ve read so many good stories about ppl feeling so much better once they got to 2.5 or so. And so many ppl it got worse for them. I’m having a really rough time today mentally. Questioning myself. If it’s going to get unbearable now because I’m so low. If I’m going to crash. If I need to slow my taper down. I think reading things over the years from forums has scared me.

Anyone have any positive advice or experiences similar to where I am? I thought I’d be proud of myself and excited for the end of this taper once I got to the 2s, but right now I’m just scared of what may come. I was 18 the last time I was med free. I’m 35 now. I’m just scared I’m nearing the end and unknown of how the taper will finish. Thank you.

I can tell you Go Slow, you're doing fine. I thought once I reached .5 mg I would  be able to just  jump. Some days I felt healed but then other sxs started popping up once I got below .5mg.  I'm down to nothing but dust .007 in weight and I still feel it.

So just go slow and you'll be fine.

Wish me luck!

So happy for you I could cry. ;D :'( ;D 

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimages%2F18df23afd3757cd74a1cd90c2075509d%2Ftenor.gif%3Fitemid%3D13123509&f=1

Thanks Gardener, I thought about holding once I got to .25 but decided to taper on. Started to feel healed at times but  then would  get hit with weird things . Nothing that wasn't normal so here I am, days from jumping.

catln - YAHOO!  I am thrilled for you and know that this is the beginning of the greatest healing and moving on with your life as well.

You have fought so hard to reach this milestone and are conquering all the hurdles along the way.  :smitten:

pexels-photo-900102.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&dpr=1&w=500

I think you should just take it one day at a time. The taper, life, everything. That's what I've learned through all this. Put my mind on positive things in my life and take life one day at a time. :thumbsup:

Thanks Gardener, I thought about holding once I got to .25 but decided to taper on. Started to feel healed at times but  then would  get hit with weird things . Nothing that wasn't normal so here I am, days from jumping.

Interesting. I've been thinking I would hold at .25V. But now I think it's going to be a very short hold! ;D

I think you should just take it one day at a time. The taper, life, everything. That's what I've learned through all this. Put my mind on positive things in my life and take life one day at a time. :thumbsup:

Oh Yes,  be pleased with yourself on your progress. That is a huge milestone and you will make it to next one, just like you have done... one moment, one breath and one millisecond at a time.  Force yourself to not borrow fears for tomorrow, distract and know that today is enough to contend with.  :smitten:

DmNOLybU0AAUtJ8.jpg

Oh Yes,  be pleased with yourself on your progress. That is a huge milestone and you will make it to next one, just like you have done... one moment, one breath and one millisecond at a time.  Force yourself to not borrow fears for tomorrow, distract and know that today is enough to contend with.  :smitten:

DmNOLybU0AAUtJ8.jpg

That is perfect, kasey. One thing I said to myself over and over and over during the waves was, "I am safe. It will pass." At first it was hard, but with practice, it became a habit. And then I had that new habit, and it has served me very well.

Thank u all for the nice words. I appreciate it!

For those that got  better the lower they got, at what dose did that happen for you?

I had stages where I felt good but mainly below 2 mg. When I say felt good, it was more like I felt healed but these where after a long hold of about a month.  IIRC at 1 mg I started to feel a lot of healing, sleeping better, etc. At .5 a lot of my anxiety got much better, but other sxs would appear.

I feel a lot better with mornings being the worst, I struggle sometimes for about an hour in the mornings  then it gets better throughout the day.

I' was getting a lot of muscle tightness and most of that is gone. I sometimes compare how I felt 1.5 yrs ago to today, big difference. Healing is constant, looking forward to the day I"m healed.

Good luck

I had stages where I felt good but mainly below 2 mg. When I say felt good, it was more like I felt healed but these where after a long hold of about a month.  IIRC at 1 mg I started to feel a lot of healing, sleeping better, etc. At .5 a lot of my anxiety got much better, but other sxs would appear.

I feel a lot better with mornings being the worst, I struggle sometimes for about an hour in the mornings  then it gets better throughout the day.

I' was getting a lot of muscle tightness and most of that is gone. I sometimes compare how I felt 1.5 yrs ago to today, big difference. Healing is constant, looking forward to the day I"m healed.

Good luck

are you tapering .001 milligrams, or weight of the pill, per day?

Good luck

I first noticed definite improvements below 2mg V, also. But I did not race to that point. I learned my lesson from my early crash and did a symptoms-based after that.

Good luck

I first noticed definite improvements below 2mg V, also. But I did not race to that point. I learned my lesson from my early crash and did a symptoms-based after that.

What was your taper rate percentage wise ?

Good luck

What was your taper rate percentage wise ?

It varied. The details are in my signature.

My rate and % are detailed in my sig too. I try to keep my sig complete and thorough so anyone can calculate my rate/% or whatever info is of interest. When I was learning abt rates and percents, I found it most accurate to calculate these based on the dates and doses listed in the sigs.

My rate and % are detailed in my sig too. I try to keep my sig complete and thorough so anyone can calculate my rate/% or whatever info is of interest. When I was learning abt rates and percents, I found it most accurate to calculate these based on the dates and doses listed in the sigs.

I try to put as much useful info into my signature as I can, too. I find signatures so helpful both when giving advice and when looking for advice. 

I'm done.......took my last dose this morning. Feeling a bit shaky as usual but functional.  Tapered all the way down to .004 grams and must say I've felt the cuts all the way down.  I have one week and I go on vacation, looking forward to just doing nothing for a week.

Let the healing begin.