Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Caltn - you will do great. You have tapered slow and steady for a few years and will walk off and heal!

(at 1.62mgs V tonight...slowly getting there)

Caltn - you will do great. You have tapered slow and steady for a few years and will walk off and heal!

(at 1.62mgs V tonight...slowly getting there)

I hope to , thanks for the encouragement. How are you doing?

caltn - doing well today, about 90% - no symptoms really. It has gotten easier for me as I got lower so I feel lucky because I know it gets harder for a lot of people. I've been able to cut .02 now a day and not .01...exercise is helping a lot too. And being in the real world.

Mostly staying off the site except for a few threads...does me no good to ready scary stuff.

You will do great - a long slow taper. You probably won't even have an acute.

caltn - doing well today, about 90% - no symptoms really. It has gotten easier for me as I got lower so I feel lucky because I know it gets harder for a lot of people. I've been able to cut .02 now a day and not .01...exercise is helping a lot too. And being in the real world.

Mostly staying off the site except for a few threads...does me no good to ready scary stuff.

You will do great - a long slow taper. You probably won't even have an acute.

Me, too, sober. Am just following a few threads and mostly trying to have a life. It helps a lot. Oh, and so does avoiding the news! ;)

gardener99 - totally agree. I keep telling a friend who is struggling that reading posts on here all day long is not helpful. Stick to what pertains to you, if you have a question, ask it or want to say hi to someone but reading posts titled: "I can't leave my bed" is not going to my friend heal.

Living in the real world, moving around, exercise, eating healthy, tapering - these are the things that help me most.

:thumbsup:

I do the same, I don't post much only on this group. It's pretty much support cause no one else understands. It's amazing how many sxs I've had and to only read everyone  else is having the same to say.

Found my 2mg diazepam at another Walgreens that I've been taking. I take the Mylan brand and I guess everyone is taking it, it makes the second time it's been on back order.

I have say this will be my last refill.

I do the same, I don't post much only on this group. It's pretty much support cause no one else understands. It's amazing how many sxs I've had and to only read everyone  else is having the same to say.

Found my 2mg diazepam at another Walgreens that I've been taking. I take the Mylan brand and I guess everyone is taking it, it makes the second time it's been on back order.

That is such a wonderful thing to read it almost makes me cry!

That is such a wonderful thing to read it almost make me cry!

Those are beautiful words & feel fantastic when you get to that point. Well for that matter, I celebrate every small milestone.  They are like winning Battle and coming out on victorious side. WE all fight hard to make any form of progress and am thrilled to get to celebrate it with ya!!!

Keep on plugging along everyone, progress is happening even when you don't feel it.  :smitten:

Hi everyone, :hug:

Just reading all of your posts, and thinking that you guys are going FAST (for me anyway), even though you think you are going SLOW!

I have been at this for 3 years now. (2 1/2. Years on liquid and DLMT off and on.

Finally at 0.192

I have been doing DLMT now and will do it until the end.

But...golly I cut only about .003 or .004 every other day.

I want to speed it up but I’m afraid to. :smitten:

Now that’s SLOW! :o

But I don’t get wdsx this way. ( except 1 wdsx.....sleep is so erratic! sometimes I  only sleep for 4-5 hours a night for  4 days Straight!

I’m afraid Togo any faster because the idea of getting those wdsx that used to get, scares the dickens out of me.

BUT, ITS PROBABLY GOING TO TAKE ME ANOTHER 8 months or more to get off this valium, :tickedoff:

But just want to say....it is doable!

Just hang in there everybody.  Be strong And don’t go to fast.....

And yes, I’ve been told many times that the lower you go, the sloweryou must go....those last milligrams  are more difficult for one’s brain to shed. ....brain needs more time for healing at this lower doses.

So hang tight! That’s what I’m doing.... but oh how my perseverance and patience fails me at times! :crazy:

So good to see that I am in good  company here! :smitten: ...not that I wish you any troubles, just good to have people who understand!

Hope everyone has better days ,limited wdsx, and  perseveres throughthis awful journey!

Heathcliff  :smitten::thumbsup:

Hope all of us have an easier Time ahead

And by the way, Hi Gardner! I remember you from long hold support group a couple years ago!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

My goodness Heathcliff, you are making great progress!!!!!

My friend you ARE in great company............ several of us are long timers with tapering.  As for me I am 7 years into tapering off 7.5mg of Valium.  I can almost taste that sweet victory of hitting 0.  I truly believe we all are going to accomplish one goal at a time to healing status.  :smitten:

http://www.businesscoachmichaeldill.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Tortoise-and-the-Hare.jpg

Agree that slow is the way to go for most on here. Listen to your body - it will always tell you how fast/slow to go.

I know i am going much faster than most yet slower than many others...found a good balance for myself as I have been having days at 90% with very little symptoms, if any. Always adjust and go slower if you need to. We will all finish this and walk off and heal!

Hi Heath! I remember you, too. It's good to see you. :hug: Wow, you are really low now. I hope you can see that the finish line is in reach for you!

Gardie :smitten:

534.gif Morning everyone, Hi Heath, you are doing great, just wanted to post that of this morning I am at 0.13mg of Valium, a long time coming, but so happy that I can definitely see the light brazing at the end of the tunnel, still going to walk off in Fumes. I have learned that each one of us, has to find what works best, and it really can be less painful, with "Patience & Time", and for me...going sloooooooooooow,...I could walk off right now, but I want to finish what I started. For you see my biggest downfall in life has been "Impatience". Best to all with their taper.

I am so grateful for BB and the platform we have here to get help, or support others. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

534.gif Morning everyone, Hi Heath, you are doing great, just wanted to post that of this morning I am at 0.13mg of Valium, a long time coming, but so happy that I can definitely see the light brazing at the end of the tunnel, still going to walk off in Fumes. I have learned that each one of us, has to find what works best, and it really can be less painful, with "Patience & Time", and for me...going sloooooooooooow,...I could walk off right now, but I want to finish what I started. For you see my biggest downfall in life has been "Impatience". Best to all with their taper.

I am so grateful for BB and the platform we have here to get help, or support others. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

So happy that you've reached another milestone and can see the finish line! :hug:

So happy that you've reached another milestone and can see the finish line! :hug:

:smitten::hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :smitten:

I am so grateful for BB and the platform we have here to get help, or support others.  Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Gardner, Kasey, Soberhope, Begood, and everyone else who is reading....

Congrats to everybody! Looks like we are all on our way.....thanks to time and patience and all the support we give to each other!

Those who are in a bad spot.... you will get through this... just keep the faith, be strong, and listen to your body and heed what it’s telling you... adjust as you go...

You WILL be ok!  :thumbsup:

Love you all!

Heath  :smitten:

I'm getting excited as I'm reaching .5 V in about 3 days. Really can't tell that I'm taking anything. Sure I'm still having sxs but not any worse actually getting better.

Question for the ones that tapered below .5

1. Why did you decide to taper below .5 V

2. Are you still having bad sxs

3. At what dose are you going to stop

I have mild anxiety, some headaches and pressure above temples, mild tinnitus.

Happy healing everyone.

I'm getting excited as I'm reaching .5 V in about 3 days. Really can't tell that I'm taking anything. Sure I'm still having sxs but not any worse actually getting better.

Happy healing everyone.

This is great news, caltn. I'm curious, too, about jumping. Do most people jump at .5? Or do they go lower? How did they decide? What was the healing process like after a jump from .5? I know I'm going to have to make a major move and lifestyle change in the next year. I'm concerned about being able to do it, so I'm trying to figure out if I'm better pushing through and jumping ASAP or dragging the taper out to minimize symptoms. I can't say I've felt very good lately, and think maybe I should just press on and get it over with this summer so I have as long as possible post jump before my life gets turned upside-down. I will be at 2.5mg L (1mg V) tomorrow.

Happy healing to you, too!

Gardie :)

Hi folks!

Heathcliff here....

About jumping at a low dose, (but to me still not nearly low enough) ....here’s how I see it.... but it’s only my point of view, so I’m not trying to be disrespectful..... you’ve got to use your own judgement and figure out what’s best for YOU as you go down your journey’s path.

First of all if you look at the famed Professor Ashton’s guidelines for withdrawal, even she keeps withdrawal tapers going all the way down to 1 mg before jumping off a benzo.

So I wouldn’t jump at anything above 1 mg.

I know of 2  buddies who jumped at .5 mg  1 of these people I had great respect for, very knowledgeable, great supporter  just a wonderful leader. I believe this person did ok, but I have not seen any posts here on the forum since he jumped. So I couldn’t tell you any more about that.

The 2nd buddie, posted for a while telling about having a very hard time.

I’m sure there are more who jump at .5mg diazapam but I can’t speak of those cause I don’t know.

FOR ME....

I had horrible wdsx at the beginning of my taper. They only got better and finally disappeared when I made my reductions much much smaller and went much much slower.

Why in the world would anyone fight so long and so hard to get wdsx under control by going small and slow, and then mess it all up by going back to the old “speedy and/or big cut” path? :crazy::nono:

It seems like NOT LEARNING BY PAST MISTAKES.

Now of course I AM NOT IMMUNE TO MISTAKEs BY NOT HEEDING PAST EXPERIENCES. I’ve messed myself up PLENTY in the past. That BENZO BEAST has whispered in my ears too many times! :oXo:

Sometimes patience and fortitude and perseverance just fails me!  But boy have I paid for it!

Jumping at 2.5 mg would almost kill me. ... but hey, that’s ME. Maybe others can do it?

If you’ve put years into getting of diazapam, why rush off at the end and mess things up.

Ive put 3 1/4 years in so far. I know how it gets pretty “old” at this point. But  listen people, stay your course! 

I’ve heard that it gets harder at the .1mgs. . IM AT ONLY .188 mg  right now, but actually I’m having no trouble. That’s because I’m going so slow. No wdsx except some intermittent pretty bad sleep  nights. (That’s what keeps me from going any faster! If I get Any wdsx that is my warning, since I really have none by going. So slow)

Again, this is MY story. It may not be YOUR story. But please friends, don’t mess yourself up because of impatience. It’s so hard, I know! And I hope my patience holds true!  (Ya never know!)

If you are  ever close to doing something silly, just get on the support group forum first and get some help and support before you do anything.  Listen to people who have been there. Then make up your own mind.

if you want to,  ???  go to the “success stories” group. And read the stories of those who have jumped successfully. See at what point they jumped and see if they had a hard time or easy time after jumping and at what mg.  Some people find it helpful. Some people don’t. ( don’t let scary stories scare you.. :nono: .they are rare and will practically never happen to you.)  if it’s not helpful...don’t read the stories!

As my dear supporter and friend Begood :angel: always tells others,  I too intend to walk off at only fumes. ;)

EVEN IF IT TAKES ANOTHER YEAR!  :crazy:  :muscle:

Be strong everyone, hope you all have a really good day!  DO WHATS BEST FOR YOU!

HEATH  :smitten: :smitten:

I havent been on here in TWO YEARS! Gasp! I see familiar names still here too! I only left because- well, work, loss of family member, trying to stay away from bad news etc etc I have a million reasons lol :D

I am down to .75 now. Phew. I feel like I could jump. But I won’t. Actually I am tapering to zero. I saw too many people get hit from jumping. I will snail slime right over the finish line. Maybe on my birthday in August! Why be in a hurry after being on this stuff for 20 years. I think most of my brain still works and it is a good feeling to have it back. And it is a good feeling to see all of you long timers again! Kitty

I am so grateful for BB and the platform we have here to get help, or support others.  Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Congrats to everybody! Looks like we are all on our way.....thanks to time and patience and all the support we give to each other!

Those who are in a bad spot.... you will get through this... just keep the faith, be strong, and listen to your body and heed what it’s telling you... adjust as you go...

Love you all! 

Hey there BEGOOD,

FAR OUT.... O.13!!! No doubt in my mind that you are our Queen of Positivity and success!

Congratulations!  :smitten:  :smitten::hug:

I havent been on here in TWO YEARS! Gasp! I see familiar names still here too! I only left because- well, work, loss of family member, trying to stay away from bad news etc etc I have a million reasons lol :D

I am down to .75 now. Phew. I feel like I could jump. But I won’t. Actually I am tapering to zero. I saw too many people get hit from jumping. I will snail slime right over the finish line. Maybe on my birthday in August! Why be in a hurry after being on this stuff for 20 years. I think most of my brain still works and it is a good feeling to have it back. And it is a good feeling to see all of you long timers again! Kitty

Hi Kitty! I remember you! Welcome back!

Those are wise words you just posted! DITTO, 100%

Glad you are doing well! Congrats!  And you are so low!

Hope all bad times are behind you!

Heath :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smitten:

Happy healing everyone.

Hi Caltn,

If I was having wdsx at .5  I imagine the wdsx would be pretty bad if I withdrew .5 all at once

Does that make sense?

Also no matter what dose I chose to jump at,  I’d make sure I was stable before I’d jump.(no wdsx)

Another thought  ..when a person is having no noticeable effects from the dose they are taking, it’s because the dose is so low, it’s not at a therapeutic dose.

However, the brain is STILL DEPENDING on the dose it is getting and withdrawal still needs to be done slowly and carefully, or else those wdsx will probably come right back.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Heathcliff

Love you all! 

Hey there BEGOOD,

FAR OUT.... O.13!!! No doubt in my mind that you are our Queen of Positivity and success!

Congratulations!  :smitten:  :smitten::hug:

Hi Heath, thanks, I am not sure if I am the Queen, but I am pretty darn proud of this third and last taper. You are right behind me, and you will walk off too, before you know it. Stay the Course.  :thumbsup: 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten: