Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Actually, I did not speed up my taper at the end. This is how my taper journey went:

12-6-2011 rapid tapered from 20-30mg day long term use (broke tablets in half taking my doctors advice :tickedoff::idiot:) until I reached 5mg (6 weeks). February 2012 all hell broke loose at the 6 week mark. Mid March 2012 I reinstated to 15mg and held for a month. 10% cut and hold to the 11mg mark (symptoms unbearable held again for a month From this point on I daily tapered 1mg per month (.03mg per day) and went to .5mg and jumped.

I fully agree with the cold turkey theory. Seems as if those of us who are sensitive and rapid taper C/T have the tendency to have more difficult tapers and recoveries. Not sure why this is but I have observed this as well. So to me it makes perfect sense to jump at this level. Fear is what seems to hold back so many from taking this crucial step. Just my opinion  8)

Thanks for this Bella. Making sure I understand. After your hold, you used 10% as your cut. At 11mg you switched to straight cuts of 1mg/month DMT. You kept that up until .5mg and jumped.

After the jump, did you get worsening symptoms or a continuation of the same symptoms? How did you decide to jump? Sorry if you already shared this but my benzo brain can't remember.

Thanks!

Gardie :smitten:

You are right Gardie and being paranoid is normal during this ordel but the fact our symptoms are NOT hellish is s truly good sign of things to come...

My dry cut method was based on tapering 5% but once I got to 1mg it was/is impossible to file that exact amount off a pill that is already small but also very dry and almost falls apart. With that in mind I always cut for a few weeks and hold, sometimes I would hold for a month.  Once I got down to .5 it's nearly impossible to dry cut unless I crush into a powder and weigh that way or make the .5 into a liquid.

As of today I'm only having mild GI symptoms, some tingling in my feet, scalp, but anxiety seems to be creeping in more and more especially around groups of people.

I think I could jump now as I feel confident that I wouldn't be any worse off but my plans are to hold a week more , taper about .003 per day and then jump in about 2-3 weeks.

Happy healing

I am just listening to myself. If I have days at 90% and so many symptoms have left, I must be doing something right...

I'm so happy for you! :)

My dry cut method was based on tapering 5% but once I got to 1mg it was/is impossible to file that exact amount off a pill that is already small but also very dry and almost falls apart. With that in mind I always cut for a few weeks and hold, sometimes I would hold for a month.  Once I got down to .5 it's nearly impossible to dry cut unless I crush into a powder and weigh that way or make the .5 into a liquid.

As of today I'm only having mild GI symptoms, some tingling in my feet, scalp, but anxiety seems to be creeping in more and more especially around groups of people.

I think I could jump now as I feel confident that I wouldn't be any worse off but my plans are to hold a week more , taper about .003 per day and then jump in about 2-3 weeks.

Happy healing

That sounds like a good plan. So happy you are so close to the end! :thumbsup:

Yet again, -So good to see so many that I recon are going to be just fine.. Fwiw...

:)

Hi, Cant! :yippee:  How are you doing?

Yet again, -So good to see so many that I recon are going to be just fine.. Fwiw...

Splat... :(

Opiate GI stuff.. -nothing new...

Aside that, Im doing well... :)

Ty..

Hope it all comes together for you too, Not just tapering, but the whole package...

Ty..

Hope it all comes together for you too, Not just tapering, but the whole package...

Thanks, Cant. :hug: I'm sorry you went splat.:(  I hope it's a very short splat this time. 

Ty..

Thanks, Cant. :hug: I'm sorry you went splat.:(  I hope it's a very short splat this time. 

lol, I have done about 4 things wrong at once, so I shouldnt complain... 

-Slow learner... :(

Be well..

Ty..

lol, I have done about 4 things wrong at once, so I shouldnt complain... 

-Slow learner... :(

Be well..

I think most of us can relate to that!

Today is Saturday, had a busy day with the wife, out to eat, shop, etc ..... really haven't done much with the family other than doing things around the house. Came home and stained some outdoor furniture until around 5 and I started getting really shaky.  It came on very rapid and had to come in the house and rest . My withdrawals are mild but sometimes they're not and come on quick to the point  I have to just sit down , calm down and relax. Generally within 30  mins I feel better.  Does anyone else experience this? Guess I just over did myself today.

Yep, every now and then and sometimes for no reason. Almost always in the morning, like most of the other oddities. Just roll with it is what I do.

Today is Saturday, had a busy day with the wife, out to eat, shop, etc ..... really haven't done much with the family other than doing things around the house. Came home and stained some outdoor furniture until around 5 and I started getting really shaky.  It came on very rapid and had to come in the house and rest . My withdrawals are mild but sometimes they're not and come on quick to the point  I have to just sit down , calm down and relax. Generally within 30  mins I feel better.  Does anyone else experience this? Guess I just over did myself today.

I see a pattern of feeling good and exerting myself followed by a spike in symptoms and exhaustion. But it takes more than 30 minutes to recover, more like one or two hours. And, yes, I'd say you over did yourself. ;)

Hey caltn!

Yes, you over did it. Our CNS remain sensitive for some time even after cessation. What I noticed was over time I could do more and more with less and less discomfort. Also, I made it a point to push myself once off poison. It seemed as if the more I pushed myself (once off) the more I healed. Even tho at times it was uncomfortable, it surly was predictable. You will get used to it and learn to adapt until one day you are fully healed. Try not to let this disconfort discourage you. It is only part of the healing process. You are tough and will endure and adapt as you go :thumbsup:  :smitten:

Hey caltn!

Yes, you over did it. Our CNS remain sensitive for some time even after cessation. What I noticed was over time I could do more and more with less and less discomfort. Also, I made it a point to push myself once off poison. It seemed as if the more I pushed myself (once off) the more I healed. Even tho at times it was uncomfortable, it surly was predictable. You will get used to it and learn to adapt until one day you are fully healed. Try not to let this disconfort discourage you. It is only part of the healing process. You are tough and will endure and adapt as you go :thumbsup:  :smitten:

Thanks Bella, you sure have helped me on this journey and so has everyone else. Just a few words of encouragement goes a long way......I feel blessed.

Oh yes! If I overdo it, I get increased sx's w/o fail.  It is predictable. It takes more "overdoing it" nowadays to hit that threshold which I take as healing. Bella - interesting abt pushing yourself once off and it healed you faster.  I am naturally doing more as I feel better.  My motivation has really come back for the most part, but physically, I can't keep up w/ my motivation.  My increased sx's dont last 30 min though either - usually lasts for days, but less severe than before.

Oh yes! If I overdo it, I get increased sx's w/o fail.  It is predictable. It takes more "overdoing it" nowadays to hit that threshold which I take as healing. Bella - interesting abt pushing yourself once off and it healed you faster.  I am naturally doing more as I feel better.  My motivation has really come back for the most part, but physically, I can't keep up w/ my motivation.  My increased sx's dont last 30 min though either - usually lasts for days, but less severe than before.

I see you hit 1.5 libr.  :D  :clap:

Thanks Gardie!!!  I came back today to update my profile to post the latest milestone.  Thanks for noticing!!  Yes, it feels huge.  I still can't believe I've made it to this level...never thought I'd survive this but here I am.  The doses are getting small now...not too much powder in the capsules I make.  But I'm going to keep the DMT going all the way to zero.  Your dose keeps going down too - we are doing this!

Thanks Gardie!!!  I came back today to update my profile to post the latest milestone.  Thanks for noticing!!  Yes, it feels huge.  I still can't believe I've made it to this level...never thought I'd survive this but here I am.  The doses are getting small now...not too much powder in the capsules I make.  But I'm going to keep the DMT going all the way to zero.  Your dose keeps going down too - we are doing this!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've been holding for a week at .5, my brain is really going through some stuff.....sometimes feels like someone is squeezing it . I'm finally sleeping all night for 5 days in a row... what a  relief. :smitten:

My nerve pain is still moderate above me temples, vision is still blurred that comes and goes with the nerve pain.

Still have my stiff neck, feels very sore and head feels heavy at times.

My balance  is floaty boaty , comes and goes.

It's about bed time and I'm sleepy, hopefully sleep a good 8 hrs... sleep never felt so good.

Happy healing

I've been holding for a week at .5, my brain is really going through some stuff.....sometimes feels like someone is squeezing it . I'm finally sleeping all night for 5 days in a row... what a  relief. :smitten:

My nerve pain is still moderate above me temples, vision is still blurred that comes and goes with the nerve pain.

It's about bed time and I'm sleepy, hopefully sleep a good 8 hrs... sleep never felt so good.

Happy healing

So happy that you're sleeping well, caltn. I hope the brain pressure lets up soon. Just curious, are you cutting once/week or a little every day?

Gardie :)

Happy healing

So happy that you're sleeping well, caltn. I hope the brain pressure lets up soon. Just curious, are you cutting once/week or a little every day?

I was cutting every other day depending on how I felt. Dry cutting isn't precise so I would hold some. I felt very good once I held a month at 1mg so I cut on down to .5 and held cause from experience it'll catch up and slap you . Basically  have the same sxs as when I was on higher dose, so a hold generally helps. Plan to hold a few weeks and taper on down.  I just cut and hold if necessary .

Happy healing

I was cutting every other day depending on how I felt. Dry cutting isn't precise so I would hold some. I felt very good once I held a month at 1mg so I cut on down to .5 and held cause from experience it'll catch up and slap you . Basically  have the same sxs as when I was on higher dose, so a hold generally helps. Plan to hold a few weeks and taper on down.  I just cut and hold if necessary .

Thanks. Best of luck on your final lap!