Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

libr, I'm having a significant uptick in symptoms. Plus a new weird vibration feeling last night that I never had before.

I checked and I'm exactly where you were when you had to slow down due to an uptick.  I wonder, is there something magical about this dose of Librium? >:( Bleh!

I'm going to hold this next week and hope things settle down.

Well, we're so close. I know we'll get there!

Gardie :smitten:

Sorry abt the uptick! I don’t think there is anything magical abt any dose. Yeah I slowed right around 1.25 mg L. It was mostly a lot more muscle stuff. I know it’s a low dose but it’s still physiological for some of us like me. You’re doing the right thing to slow a bit. I remember SG57 and Bart talking abt the end of the taper unmasking a higher proportion of GABA receptors so going slower makes sense. I took notes when I first planned my DMT and it says “the end of the taper is delicate” and I wrote that I’d probably have to slow down. I went from a rate of 0.02 mg/day Librium which I used for 1.5 yrs.  I decreased my rate recently to 0.01625 mg/day Librium. I do believe it helped me to slow down. I hope your hold helps- I do think it will!

Hey Gardie and everyone!

I must say I pleased I am for how each of you are persevering and staying the course. Doing what is necessary with your taper/cutting to

maintain as much homeostasis in the brain as possible. You guys know your body/brain and listening well. I so agree with Libr and SG's advice of adjusting your rate of reduction as you may need to towards the end. Pls do not loose heart, sometimes we get to re invent our tapering to reach our ultimate goal of zero and the healing. 

It is really encouraging to see how low each of you are as well as those who have made it to zero and continue to heal.

Caltn, you are so close and nice to hear of your improvements.

Circlestar - I am warming up the celebration dance for ya, then onto the best kind of healing ahead for ya.

Hope everyone is able to enjoy this holiday weekend for those in the USA and those who want to join in, come on in, the water is fine.  :smitten:

16218-blessed-memorial-day-flag.jpg

Hi BB, hows it going. Feeling blessed to hit .25 today and feeling better than I thought.  Hope all is well.

Feeling proud of myself for sure...

Hi lbr. It's good to know that slowing down helped.  :thumbsup:

Kasey, good to hear from you. I hope you're doing well. :smitten:

caltn, it's wonderful to hear that you've hit another milestone and are feeling good. :clap:

Hope all my BB's are having a good weekend with friends and family and hopefully some good weather.

Gardie :)

caltn, it's wonderful to hear that you've hit another milestone and are feeling good. :clap:

Hope all my BB's are having a good weekend with friends and family and hopefully some good weather.

I down to a crumb, talk about small, weighing only .017  or .25mg. Not sure how much lower I'm going but I'm going to give it another week or so. My worst sxs is a feeling off balance, tight neck muscles that come and goes. All of the nerve pain in my scalp, temple area is gone. I'm still getting broken sleep at times.

I down to a crumb, talk about small, weighing only .017  or .25mg. Not sure how much lower I'm going but I'm going to give it another week or so. My worst sxs is a feeling off balance, tight neck muscles that come and goes. All of the nerve pain in my scalp, temple area is gone. I'm still getting broken sleep at times.

Really love to read your updates! That is really great that your nerve pain is gone. That's my scariest symptom. Looking forward to saying good bye to that forever! Also looking forward to celebrating your jump!!

Really love to read your updates! That is really great that your nerve pain is gone. That's my scariest symptom. Looking forward to saying good bye to that forever! Also looking forward to celebrating your jump!!

I've had the nerve pain for about 1 year, generally when I hold it eases up. It finally left for good about 2 weeks ago. It was terrible, even went to PT several times for about 2 months to ease the muscle tension in my neck. The tension is still there but only enough to feel uncomfortable. 

Hang in there, it'll get better.

Hello dear people

I do hope you don't mind if I join here for a while.

I have really struggled with my taper for many months, almost since I started at taking Valium at the end of last March, However I have taken it very intermittently in the past along Citalopram 4years ago, and a few tries on bits listed below given last year.

I have struggled down to all the way going at a snails' pace with holds but managed to reach 2 mgs and held for a few weeks trying sort out DMLT.

I have been using full fat milk using a mix of 1mg to 100mls of mixture and for the first ten days I took off .01mg. or 1ml of solution. However it felt too fast and I held a few days and am now dropping at half that speed of .5ml or 0.005g per day. I am struggling but persevering as best I can as I have never had a stable place from the start. Holds don't bring one either and oddly when I take my morning dose, within half an hour my symptoms rev up and I get a worsening of my severe terror fear anxiety. It does not happen with the night time dose. I take the same amount morning and night.

I did not think it would be this hard to get off these low numbers and don't know why that should be.

Is this common?

I so want to be clear of the valium as I only started taking regularly from about last May, and most of the time since i have been trying to get off it,

I think I must have reacted badly and gone into almost immediate tolerance state. I got no relief from my symptoms just made matters worse in the end as now I have the original anxiety and the anxiety caused by trying to get off the valium.

I notice those here seem to be going very slowly. I wish that going slowly would give me some quality of life back but it doesn't, as it did not from the beginning.

Do you think I should keep going at the slow rate I am at?  I am not sure what to do. I thought I would aim at 1,8mgs then hold, I am as of today at 1.825mg

It's such a struggle but no life for me on this drug. I wish I could get some relief with holds but unfortunately I don't , so I do little ones for a breather,

has anyone heard or felt a worsening of symptoms when they take their dose? It really is odd.

Sorry about rabbiting on

Hello, chin. I'm sorry your taper has been so hard. It sounds like you are having a paradoxical reaction. It seems to me that a long time ago I read of that happening to someone else, too, but I can't remember who it was. I'm sorry. Have you tried asking on the main withdrawal support board? Maybe you could find the person. I'm hesitant to give advice since I have no experience with this. But you are very low on your med. If it is making you sick, then holding won't help. I think I would just keep tapering and get off. You will heal when you're off.

gardener99, can you explain to me what you mean by "abandoned percents"?..how do you judge your cuts then?

gardener99, can you explain to me what you mean by "abandoned percents"?..how do you judge your cuts then?

I just make the same cut every day without paying attention to what the percentage is. I was trying to stay around 10%/month when I decided to stop doing that and just keep making the same cut every day. So naturally, the percentage started going up. But I just kept going with the same amount every day, which is about 1ml of my liquid. I will hold for a few days if I feel like I'm going too fast, but then I start up with the 1ml per day again. I might do 1ml every other day when I get to the very end. But I don't figure percents any more. Hope that made sense. :)

I just make the same cut every day without paying attention to what the percentage is. I was trying to stay around 10%/month when I decided to stop doing that and just keep making the same cut every day. So naturally, the percentage started going up. But I just kept going with the same amount every day, which is about 1ml of my liquid. I will hold for a few days if I feel like I'm going too fast, but then I start up with the 1ml per day again. I might do 1ml every other day when I get to the very end. But I don't figure percents any more. Hope that made sense. :)

Hi Chenka,

I did the same as Gardie,  I really allowed my symptoms to help guide me as when to slow down or hold. I first was able to est. a baseline of symptoms to use. As I got lower on my overall dose, I have had to re-event my taper some what, I also had to resume a slower pace. However, once I reached 0.20mg or ML ( using liquid) I was able to speed my taper up a bit more. As you may have noticed I am really low on my dose and most would have stopped by now. Since my brain is used to this and  I have decided to continue to slide off .01ml at a time. I hope this helps ya in some way.

BTW - you are really doing a fabulous job. This is a very hard adventure and you have stayed the course with perseverance and endurance. You will conquer this and taste that sweet victory.  :smitten:

Hi ATU,

It’s me Nicktan. I haven’t been on BB for 5 years. I tried to private message you but it says you blocked me. I want to say hi and explain everything that happened to me after I abruptly vanished from BB. It was traumatic as you could imagine.

I don’t know if you’ll even see this if you blocked me. Please message me if you can. You were always so kind and supportive of me. You and Moo were my best friends on here. So was Rosegal. I hope you get this or someone here will pass this on to you.

Hope your healing my brother,

Nicktan 🙏

Hi ATU,

It’s me Nicktan. I haven’t been on BB for 5 years. I tried to private message you but it says you blocked me. I want to say hi and explain everything that happened to me after I abruptly vanished from BB. It was traumatic as you could imagine.

I don’t know if you’ll even see this if you blocked me. Please message me if you can. You were always so kind and supportive of me. You and Moo were my best friends on here. So was Rosegal. I hope you get this or someone here will pass this on to you.

Hope your healing my brother,

Nicktan 🙏

Hi Nick. If ATU has PM's turned off for everybody, the system will say you are "blocked." BTW, I see he hasn't been on BB since earlier this month and hasn't posted since April. It could be a bit before he sees this.

I finished my taper!  Last dose was yesterday!

Let the healing begin!

Hang in there everyone.  You’re getting close!

Circlestar

Wow Circlestar- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited for you!!  :smitten:

Keep us posted on your healing!

How are you feeling Circlestar? I'm really curious if the last dose is any different?

I'm down to .10 in weight today less than .25mg . Other than the normal dizziness that comes in the morning and some muscle jerking in my lower legs, all the sxs seem to be normal to me. 

I'm looking at another week maybe two and I'll be jumping also.

Nothing major seems to be appearing, overall I feel wonderful compared to a year ago for sure..

I'm a little bit stumped at this point. I was put on Xanax for a very severe, disabling sleep disorder. Doctor said Xanax was a safe long-term sleep aid.

A new prescriber started to taper me and added Seroquel for sleep.

I eventually crossed from Xanax to Libirum because I was a wreck tapering the Xanax.

During this, my sleep has been so-so, but enough to get by.

Here I am today at the equivalent of .5mg V. My sleep is starting to go bad again, same sort of symptoms I had before I started the Xanax. Besides the sleep getting worse, my other withdrawal symptoms are the same as usual.

I am trying to figure out if this sleep problem means I'm tapering too fast or if this is just because I'm back to square one with the sleep disorder.

I want to keep tapering and get off this drug but I don't want to mess up my brain worse than it already is.

Any thoughts?

I'm a little bit stumped at this point. I was put on Xanax for a very severe, disabling sleep disorder. Doctor said Xanax was a safe long-term sleep aid.

I eventually crossed from Xanax to Libirum because I was a wreck tapering the Xanax.

Here I am today at the equivalent of .5mg V. My sleep is starting to go bad again, same sort of symptoms I had before I started the Xanax. Besides the sleep getting worse, my other withdrawal symptoms are the same as usual.

I am trying to figure out if this sleep problem means I'm tapering too fast or if this is just because I'm back to square one with the sleep disorder.

I want to keep tapering and get off this drug but I don't want to mess up my brain worse than it already is.

Any thoughts?

Hey hon,  I just sent you a PM....  :smitten:

Any thoughts?

Hey hon,  I just sent you a PM....  :smitten:

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: