Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Just saying hello to the group. I hope it's been quiet because everyone is out and about and having a life!

Gardie :smitten:

Hi all ,

Hope everyone is doing great, it's been quiet. I had a busy weekend working out in the yard, Mother's Day , etc.

I cut down to .4, experiencing the same sxs again. I understand why everyone suggested tapering on down to 0.

Other than the normal mild anxiety I'm still experiencing nerve pain and muscle pain in my neck.  I had neck pain before V, and now it seems to be worse. X-ray show I have mild degenerative disc ( arthritis) in my neck. Physical therapy seems to help cause it gets better. 

Happy healing

Hi all ,

Hope everyone is doing great, it's been quiet. I had a busy weekend working out in the yard, Mother's Day , etc.

I cut down to .4, experiencing the same sxs again. I understand why everyone suggested tapering on down to 0.

Other than the normal mild anxiety I'm still experiencing nerve pain and muscle pain in my neck.  I had neck pain before V, and now it seems to be worse. X-ray show I have mild degenerative disc ( arthritis) in my neck. Physical therapy seems to help cause it gets better. 

Happy healing

Congratulations on getting to .4, calt!

Howdy to all our friends,

Hey Gard, did ya have a nice mothers day? I sure hope so hun!  How is your tapering going this far..... I think I remember you are on a bit of a time line to get to zero.

Caltn,  I am thrilled you are able to get out and do somethings. So wise of you to remain aware of your limitations and neck as well and balance what you can do reasonably. you continue to make nice progress with your tapering and will done before ya know it.

How is everyone else doing?  :smitten:

Howdy to all our friends,

Hey Gard, did ya have a nice mothers day? I sure hope so hun!  How is your tapering going this far..... I think I remember you are on a bit of a time line to get to zero.

Caltn,  I am thrilled you are able to get out and do somethings. So wise of you to remain aware of your limitations and neck as well and balance what you can do reasonably. you continue to make nice progress with your tapering and will done before ya know it.

How is everyone else doing?  :smitten:

Thanks, kasey, yes I did. :) How about you?

I'm doing OK even though I abandoned percents and am just straight cutting. How's your taper going? You're so low! You must be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. :)

I hope to get off this summer well before I have to move and before I turn the big 6-0! :o

Slow around here. I hit 0.5 mg V equiv today. Tapering all the way to zero. I slowed my rate a bit last week as sxs seemed to be worsening a bit. Hard to know for sure but followed my intuition. Overall I am doing alright and the benzo beast has definitely loosened its grip... but has by no means let go. I feel my self already starting to reintegrate back into life. My motivation is almost back to baseline but my body can’t keep up physically... but way less fatigue than before. It’s mostly my muscles that get tight and sore. Mentally, I’m so much better- still intrusive thoughts and persistent thoughts. Less rumination though. Much less anxiety but it still surfaces esp if I haven’t eaten enough or anything stressful is going on externally. But not really if it’s not one of those two things. Not just frequent chemical anxiety anymore. Memory still poor... I’m wondering if that one ever gets better. Sleep is hit or miss but overall better. 

Hope everyone else is going strong!

Slow around here. I hit 0.5 mg V equiv today. Tapering all the way to zero. I slowed my rate a bit last week as sxs seemed to be worsening a bit. Hard to know for sure but followed my intuition. Overall I am doing alright and the benzo beast has definitely loosened its grip... but has by no means let go. I feel my self already starting to reintegrate back into life. My motivation is almost back to baseline but my body can’t keep up physically... but way less fatigue than before. It’s mostly my muscles that get tight and sore. Mentally, I’m so much better- still intrusive thoughts and persistent thoughts. Less rumination though. Much less anxiety but it still surfaces esp if I haven’t eaten enough or anything stressful is going on externally. But not really if it’s not one of those two things. Not just frequent chemical anxiety anymore. Memory still poor... I’m wondering if that one ever gets better. Sleep is hit or miss but overall better. 

Wonderful milestone, libr! So happy for you. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Wonderful milestone, libr! So happy for you. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Morning Guys..!!

Not a bad post to read first up, -at all..!!

:)

Libr, There are so many things there that would indicate your doing great, and in a pretty solid position.. Well I think so anyways.. :)

Yes, the memory will come back, perhaps not what was formed while on med, -quite so much... Was reading some of Pers's old thoughts on the matter, which I found quite interesting..

:)

Thanks Gardner99 and Cantfly and others! Means a lot to read your support and encouragement.Of course I’m having some insomnia right now and on here in the middle of the night.

I tried to give some info on some of my sxs. There are still many other physical ones but I didn’t want to type them all out. Still getting new ones too which I know is par for the course. Maybe I’ll list all my dozens of sxs one day in my success story. ;)

Reintegrating back into life brings up a lot of questions and contemplations. May start a new support group to discuss those.

Speaking of memory...

I bought a gift for my tween daughter and packed it up pretty and totally forgot to give it to her. This was a week ago and I just remembered last night!  :o 

Sometimes I wonder if my memory issue is in part due to aging... I mean, I’ve been sick for 4 yrs now- must have been some aging in that time? I’m in my early 40s now.

Cantfly- where did you read about memory? I’d love to read about it too! Thanks!

Thanks Gardner99 and Cantfly and others! Means a lot to read your support and encouragement.Of course I’m having some insomnia right now and on here in the middle of the night.

I tried to give some info on some of my sxs. There are still many other physical ones but I didn’t want to type them all out. Still getting new ones too which I know is par for the course. Maybe I’ll list all my dozens of sxs one day in my success story. ;)

Reintegrating back into life brings up a lot of questions and contemplations. May start a new support group to discuss those.

Speaking of memory...

I bought a gift for my tween daughter and packed it up pretty and totally forgot to give it to her. This was a week ago and I just remembered last night!  :o 

Sometimes I wonder if my memory issue is in part due to aging... I mean, I’ve been sick for 4 yrs now- must have been some aging in that time? I’m in my early 40s now.

Cantfly- where did you read about memory? I’d love to read about it too! Thanks!

I have been slowly (very) picking or surfing through this thread... There are a lot of links, and I forget where things are.. Try also p11,14,17?

And sorry for how your head might feel after.. :) Please dont ask me questions though... lol

At 1.5mg L = .6mg V today. Slight uptick in symptoms. Pressing on.

Wondering how others are doing. ???

Gardie :)

0.6ish as of yesterday. Have a routine of crappish mornings then better around lunch till bed. Still slightly depressed and unable to tolerate much exercise..think the former is due to the latter. Keep thinking of jumping but still have family stuff only I can do atm

I'm right up there with Libr, as of today I'm down to under .4 I think. I dry cut and it's not science...  :o

As Libr put it the benzo beast is loosing it's grip for sure, the only thing that's keeping me from doing the normal things is my muscle tightness, noticed it in my neck and still some nerve pain, all of which seems to calm down around bed time. I push myself everyday, some days there isn't any fuel but hey I'm ok with that.

I feel like things are progressing right along as expected. 

Time to hit the bed....Later friends.

Happy Healing

I have a couple of question for the group that are not quite on topic, but I thought maybe somebody who reads here could answer.

First, I am wondering what dose do people typically jump from.

Next, I am wondering what happens after you jump. What exactly does "acute" mean? Do your symptoms get worse?

I've tried reading and looking at signatures on the post withdrawal support board to find the answers but so many people don't have the details I'm looking for in their signatures, not even the amount they jumped from. And the stories there are very discouraging. I don't want to click around on scary boards any more. I'm already nervous enough!

Hoping someone here knows more than I do. Thanks!

Gardie :)

Gardener I can only speak to my own experience. I jumped at the dose that was equivalent to .5 mg of Valium - my pills were so small by that time it got ridiculous to keep cutting - I was doing a micro taper using a scale.

As for what happens after jumping - the jump to 0 was no different than how I felt before.  That is what I had at the time of my jump I continued to have.  I had a few bad days around the 10 day mark as I recall but again that is what I had when my cuts added up during my taper.  Little by little everything that remained started to disappear.  For me the 1st year off was a bit of a roller coaster - days on end that I felt great and then wham bang everything came back which really threw me for a loop because each time I had an extended time of feeling good I thought I was done!!  I think my frustration in feeling bad for a day to a few days made me actually feel worse - since I so wanted this entire taper process to be over and done with. 

With help from my friends from BB (none of whom post anymore)  I figured out that I was just 'normal' and the good times lasted more than the bad and the bad were not as bad as before - until one day you realize that you are healed and you don't much think about the awfulness of your taper anymore.

Coming back to this site often brought on what i would call my PTSD in a way - I couldn't cope with others feeling so awful and I didn't want to read about it.  I think that is why so many don't come here anymore. It brings back the awful memories of our taper.

Now that I essentially feel fine I try to come on the boards to let people know that healing does happen and there is life after benzos.

I hope I have answered your questions.  Kgirl

Gardener I can only speak to my own experience. I jumped at the dose that was equivalent to .5 mg of Valium - my pills were so small by that time it got ridiculous to keep cutting - I was doing a micro taper using a scale.

As for what happens after jumping - the jump to 0 was no different than how I felt before.  That is what I had at the time of my jump I continued to have.  I had a few bad days around the 10 day mark as I recall but again that is what I had when my cuts added up during my taper.  Little by little everything that remained started to disappear.  For me the 1st year off was a bit of a roller coaster - days on end that I felt great and then wham bang everything came back which really threw me for a loop because each time I had an extended time of feeling good I thought I was done!!  I think my frustration in feeling bad for a day to a few days made me actually feel worse - since I so wanted this entire taper process to be over and done with. 

With help from my friends from BB (none of whom post anymore)  I figured out that I was just 'normal' and the good times lasted more than the bad and the bad were not as bad as before - until one day you realize that you are healed and you don't much think about the awfulness of your taper anymore.

Coming back to this site often brought on what i would call my PTSD in a way - I couldn't cope with others feeling so awful and I didn't want to read about it.  I think that is why so many don't come here anymore. It brings back the awful memories of our taper.

Now that I essentially feel fine I try to come on the boards to let people know that healing does happen and there is life after benzos.

Thanks for sharing your experience it really puts things at ease and reassures us that we'll all heal. , hence I  have read numerous stories of people healing, it's just  we all heal at different rates and experience different things.

I am feeling things today that I  haven't felt in a long time, and it's called healing. It's like a light switch of pain was turned off. I have more energy and feel like my old self.... finally things are turning around for sure. :smitten:

Thanks so much, Kgirl. It's good to see you and to hear you are doing well. That description was very helpful.

Thanks for sharing your experience it really puts things at ease and reassures us that we'll all heal. , hence I  have read numerous stories of people healing, it's just  we all heal at different rates and experience different things.

I am feeling things today that I  haven't felt in a long time, and it's called healing. It's like a light switch of pain was turned off. I have more energy and feel like my old self.... finally things are turning around for sure. :smitten:

I'm so happy for you!

Thank you for coming back to share with us.  Very encouraging.

I keep hearing that...that we won't even think about our tapers anymore....can't even imagine that right now!  But so looking forward to it!

So many on this grp nearing the end - exciting!  Caltn - so glad you're feeling true signs of healing.  I know what you mean.  It's almost weird and foreign at first, like why am I even thinking about these things I haven't thought about in years.  But the benzo beast still makes its presence known.  Gardie - congrats on your 1.5 mg L milestone!!!  You are seriously flying now!

circlestar - when is the jump date???  Any day now I believe.

Hi Libr!

One more week!  I'll give you a shout out when I'm done!

Circlestar

Circlestar-  Wow!! I’m so excited for you!

Definitely let us know- this thread is ready for a party!

I'm so happy for you!

Everyday I feel some healing, I can't believe how different I feel compared to a two months ago or one month ago. I say this to maybe  encourage others. My energy level is way up and things are really improving for sure.

Thanks

libr, I'm having a significant uptick in symptoms. Plus a new weird vibration feeling last night that I never had before.

I checked and I'm exactly where you were when you had to slow down due to an uptick.  I wonder, is there something magical about this dose of Librium? >:( Bleh!

I'm going to hold this next week and hope things settle down.

Well, we're so close. I know we'll get there!