3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Based on your signature we are at about the same place or does .

I was doing well with my cut and hold, had my usual sxs around day 12-15 after each cut but then this happened. I am already starting to feel better and with the warmer weather arriving Im sure things will pick up.

It seems you Doc has asked you to step up your taper rate,..is that so? So far my Doc has been super great and supportive. As long as a I don’t go backwards she says take as long as it needs.👍

You take care and talk soon.

ATU🙏

Are still doing cut and hold? I've never been brave enough to do a big cut because the neuropathy flares are intolerable as it is. Want to keep them waaaaaay low.

My doc used to be totally OK with benzos, but has done an about face. Fortunately I'm ahead of him (shhhhh!), so it will take awhile for his pressure to catch up with me. :)

I'm going to press on through the summer as much as I can anyway because my daughter has a more flexible schedule in the summer. She's my only support so summer is my best time to go full turtle speed ahead!

Open question for you all: what is the average time it takes folks to taper from 3mg of valium to 0mg? I know it varies widely, but average?

I'm doing a DLMT of valium and am at 12.75mg. Not feeling so great. The thought of tapering for another 2.5 years is sooooo depressing, distressing, etc. I wonder if I could get off by June 2020, but by the look of things on this board - not likely.

Jared31,

I think you answered your own question.

If you focus on seeing this as just a schedule, in my opinion that seldom works.

It can be fast, some people just don’t get bad withdrawal sxs, others have a hell of a time.

Also during the time it takes to get off this stuff life happens around us and things come up where we just have to slow down or hold longer to stabilize.

I hope and pray for everyone to get off their Benzo quickly and with as little discomfort as possible but it is not an exact science.

Let’s see what other shave to say.

Peace & Healing !

ATU🙏

Agree with All Tied Up - no one will have the exact same taper speed or s/x and tapers can be adjusted to go slow or fast, especially a DLMT. Listen to your body, chuck the calendar and you will do great Jared.

I was doing well with my cut and hold, had my usual sxs around day 12-15 after each cut but then this happened. I am already starting to feel better and with the warmer weather arriving Im sure things will pick up.

It seems you Doc has asked you to step up your taper rate,..is that so? So far my Doc has been super great and supportive. As long as a I don’t go backwards she says take as long as it needs.👍

ATU🙏

Are still doing cut and hold? I've never been brave enough to do a big cut because the neuropathy flares are intolerable as it is. Want to keep them waaaaaay low.

My doc used to be totally OK with benzos, but has done an about face. Fortunately I'm ahead of him (shhhhh!), so it will take awhile for his pressure to catch up with me. :)

I'm going to press on through the summer as much as I can anyway because my daughter has a more flexible schedule in the summer. She's my only support so summer is my best time to go full turtle speed ahead!

Gard,

I tried the DLMT thing but it had terrible results for me. We are all so different.

Of course when I make a cut these days it is so small it may as well called Micro.

Good luck the rest of the way down.

I’ll be cheering for us all.

ATU 🙏

Jared31,

I think you answered your own question.

If you focus on seeing this as just a schedule, in my opinion that seldom works.

It can be fast, some people just don’t get bad withdrawal sxs, others have a hell of a time.

Also during the time it takes to get off this stuff life happens around us and things come up where we just have to slow down or hold longer to stabilize.

I hope and pray for everyone to get off their Benzo quickly and with as little discomfort as possible but it is not an exact science.

Let’s see what other shave to say.

Peace & Healing !

ATU🙏

Looking at your signature, you are cutting .05mg valium once every 2-3 months. Is that correct?

Hi Guys, -ATU also.. :)

I have been pretty quiet with this opiate C/O, -Chemistry chaos, but I seem to be balancing out a bit now..??

Its been great to read the last half a dozen pages of posts by so many that I know will be ok and get your lives back..

Keep up the good work..!!

I do think that at low dose (sub therapeutic) a lot of neuro chemistry is adjusting, -for some of us it may go beyond just gabba, glutimate, and receptors.. By SX based tapering I think we allow it the best chance to sort itself out, and avoid the brain getting stuck or taking "short cuts" that might take quite some time to rectify..

-Sorry, no references for this.. :( -And cant think to go into more detail from my experiences that werent solely benzo... :(

Anyways, great to see so many in a firm position to beat benzos once and for all..!! -Even if it does take more time than we could have possibly imagined...

Step by step, ever forwards...

:)

ATU🙏

Gard,

I tried the DLMT thing but it had terrible results for me. We are all so different.

Of course when I make a cut these days it is so small it may as well called Micro.

Good luck the rest of the way down.

I’ll be cheering for us all.

ATU 🙏

I'm sorry the DLMT didn't work, but I'm glad you figured that out and didn't stick with a non-working system. You bring up a very good point. We are all so different, from our genes to our circumstances. Each person is wise to pay attention to their symptoms and use them as a guide to figure out what works best for them.

Cheering for everyone, too! :)

Open question for you all: what is the average time it takes folks to taper from 3mg of valium to 0mg? I know it varies widely, but average?

I'm doing a DLMT of valium and am at 12.75mg. Not feeling so great. The thought of tapering for another 2.5 years is sooooo depressing, distressing, etc. I wonder if I could get off by June 2020, but by the look of things on this board - not likely.

I started on Xanax for insomnia and switched to Librium, a drug very similar to Valium, to make my taper tolerable. There were times I had to taper really, really slowly and times I was able to taper more quickly (quickly being a very relative term). You may find it's the same for you. If it gets too rough, slow down. You can always try speeding up again when you're feeling better. But do make changes carefully. I've found with these slower benzos it can take a week or more to discover you've cut too fast.

Best wishes.

Gardie :)

Hi Guys, -ATU also.. :)

I have been pretty quiet with this opiate C/O, -Chemistry chaos, but I seem to be balancing out a bit now..??

Its been great to read the last half a dozen pages of posts by so many that I know will be ok and get your lives back..

Keep up the good work..!!

I do think that at low dose (sub therapeutic) a lot of neuro chemistry is adjusting, -for some of us it may go beyond just gabba, glutimate, and receptors.. By SX based tapering I think we allow it the best chance to sort itself out, and avoid the brain getting stuck or taking "short cuts" that might take quite some time to rectify..

-Sorry, no references for this.. :( -And cant think to go into more detail from my experiences that werent solely benzo... :(

Anyways, great to see so many in a firm position to beat benzos once and for all..!! -Even if it does take more time than we could have possibly imagined...

Step by step, ever forwards...

:)

Hiya, Cant! :yippee:

Step by step just like Cantfly said.... glad to see you post. I do remember your suggestions and do remember your experience on the low dose. I have read more here on this site in the last 2 years than I can ever thought I would.

On the good note , things are slowly getting better for me but I can tell I still feel every cut and will likely taper on down below .5 V .

Hit the .7 mark today, sounds like I have a high pitch hissing in my ears, it does come and go.

Heading outside to work on my truck. Spring is here and my AC isn't working.  Dang squirrel chewed my wires. >:(

My oh my,  Caltn - .7 is fabulous and yes felt keenly I am sure. I so appreciate your patience and perseverance.

As you know, I will be do the same as you. I am having to wait at least 10, if not 14 days between each cut, heart palps are ramping up with these latest cuts. BUT we are making progress and healing is happening!

Love SPRING TIME!! Go and enjoy the weather.  :smitten:

Howdy to everyone else this fine cold day.

Heathcliff - just saw your post... glad my post made sense and glad it was helpful. I have no idea how to find the graph- I remember seeing it a few yrs ago, I’m pretty sure by SG57. Basically it was a curved graph saying at higher doses, you can decrease faster bc less number of receptors get uncovered as you taper. At medium doses, more receptors get uncovered with each taper. At low doses, even more receptors get uncovered with every step of the taper. It’s certsinly not the only factor that determines taper speed but explained why ppl’s tapers are often not linear from start to finish.  Anyway, glad you’re doing alright.

Gardie- sorry you’re having a rougher month. But we are getting there. I’ll hit 2L in a few days! Still plenty of sxs but I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Hope all are having a decent day today!

Great post libr - makes sense about receptors being uncovered more and more and corresponds with my own taper which was easy in the beginning and has gotten harder as I get lower. I have gone too fast a few times and then have to slow it down and realize I am not a super hero taperer.

Great post libr - makes sense about receptors being uncovered more and more and corresponds with my own taper which was easy in the beginning and has gotten harder as I get lower. I have gone too fast a few times and then have to slow it down and realize I am not a super hero taperer.

Thanks SoberHope. We are all super heroes in this! But there is no rushing this thing- it sucks how trial and error it is.

Gardie- sorry you’re having a rougher month. But we are getting there. I’ll hit 2L in a few days! Still plenty of sxs but I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Hope all are having a decent day today!

Wow, libr! 2mg of L. You're practically on fumes! So happy for you.  :smitten:

I am at 0.37 by weight of ativan which is equal to 2.5 of valium , and it has not been easy.

I so want to encourage you with the huge progress you have made!! My goodness, you will be at 2mg before ya know it. These are some wise words I read many a years ago.........  :smitten:

e13175536b1ccf50057d36348627005b9a392348r1-980-553v2_hq.jpg

Thank you ! You are making great progress too . It’s very hard and sometimes I don’t think I will make it but I just keep trying . A lonely road .

Thanks for the kind words .

Lisa

Just catching up on what’s been going last few days.

Been having issues with

Ears ringing

Terrible muscle pain and stiffness in shoulders/neck

Stomach problems

Low energy

You know all the stuff we all deal with except I don’t tell wife about it because she is sick of me and my sxs.

It will pass, hope everyone is feeling well and coping.

ATU🙏

Muscle stiffness in my neck and nerve pain above my temples have been my worse sxs but have almost all gone away. Ringing in my ears and a spinning sensation are my worse sxs now but I keep on pushing one day at a time. Should be at .6 in three days.....    Wow  .6 mg sounds soooooo Great!

Caltn

Your doing great and should be proud of yourself.

I used to get those spinning episodes but not so much lately thank God.

At first they were scary but once I learned to just accept them they died off.

I think the muscle stiffness and nerve pain are my worst.

I hurt my elbow around 11 days ago just lifting an extremely heavy weight. In two or three days my entire arm was sore and black and blue. It’s just now clearing up.

Crazy the stuff we go through.

Well you continue your healing and thank you for your reply. It’s so nice to have a group to confide in especially when stuff piles up on us.

Peace & Healing 🙏

ATU

Just catching up on what’s been going last few days.

Been having issues with

Ears ringing

Terrible muscle pain and stiffness in shoulders/neck

Stomach problems

Low energy

You know all the stuff we all deal with except I don’t tell wife about it because she is sick of me and my sxs.

It will pass, hope everyone is feeling well and coping.

ATU🙏

I'm sorry you're having such difficult symptoms. How bad are the ringing ears? Is it constant? That's one I haven't had, knock wood.

I've had some odd muscle cramps, very painful. From my reading, I thought that was more of a klonopin thing. I didn't know these really slow-acting benzos caused that, too. Well, at least I know what's causing it! It comes in streaks and then goes away for along time. Then hits again. Not bad lately.

Low energy is probably my worst symptom. I have days that are OK, but most I get very little done. I have to prioritize things to make sure I do the stuff that is absolutely the most important. I've been getting better at accepting that.

I'm sorry your wife is unable to be more supportive.  I haven't met many people who have supportive spouses. I think they just don't understand.

Hang in there. We are all getting closer to freedom.

Gardie :)

Muscle stiffness in my neck and nerve pain above my temples have been my worse sxs but have almost all gone away. Ringing in my ears and a spinning sensation are my worse sxs now but I keep on pushing one day at a time. Should be at .6 in three days.....    Wow  .6 mg sounds soooooo Great!

It sure does! :clap:

Gardie,

The ringing ears for me comes and goes so not too bad at this point in time. My worst time is on waking.

On waking I have stomach upset caused I think by excess acid so I take a Zantac for that also my shoulders and neck muscles are all hunched and stiff in the morning.

For this I use muscle rub and meditate to try to relax them.

I have to get up at 7 every morning even though I am retired  because I have look after my sons giant dog when he goes to work so no sleeping in.  :-[

I used to get sxs after a cut that would last for a time then ebb away now they just hang around all the time.

It all makes for some mild anxiety but anxiety has been my mildest issue. It’s the physical stuff that drags me down so.

My wife just doesn’t understand and so I try to hide all this from her.

Let’s hope we all heal in time and put this chapter of our lives behind us. 👍

ATU 🙏