3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

I have a harder time trying to reduce precise measurements as I dry cut. If I shave off too much a pill I take  it anyway and maybe  hold more often. I held for a month at 1mg and seem to be tolerating the cuts better even if it's a 10% cut.

I made it to .8 today which is .060 in weight with my pill. Planning on making it a liquid by adding milk and reduce from here out.

My easiest time tapering was with a liquid, dry cutting is much more difficult.

Caltn-

I’m at .7 equivalent today.  What’s your plan from here?

I’m reducing DLMT .008v~day.  I plan to go to zero. Hoping to maintain this rate to the end, if I can tolerate it.  Fingers crossed!

Circlestar

Caltn-

I’m at .7 equivalent today.  What’s your plan from here?

I’m reducing DLMT .008v~day.  I plan to go to zero. Hoping to maintain this rate to the end, if I can tolerate it.  Fingers crossed!

Circlestar

What I plan to do is a DLMT of .007 per day as I also plan to taper all the way down. I'm tolerating it better than I thought but I sure can feel the cuts. I had no idea that I could feel every cut this low.

Overall I feel better so I'm hoping things will continue as planned. Wishing for better sleep tonight for sure.

Happy healing.

I think I have sabotaged my taper with mirtazapine(remeron) took it too many times for sleep. Now no sleep and all symptoms in acute. For me mirtazapine turned evil when I tried to stop by giving me relentless terror while trying to fall asleep, panic attacks and then impossible too sleep. Anyone gone through this? I dont know what to do now or how to recover from this.

Just wanted to report how great a day I had... although I worked outside in the yard all day.  I had a great nights sleep on top of that.  I feel like my sxs are slowly fading everyday and I feel very blessed.

Hope everyone is improving also.

Happy healing.

YAHOO CALTN!  reading this has brought joy to my heart and a jump in my step.  :clap:

Soberhope - 2mg is a huge moment to celebrate. You are on your way to sweet victory.

Keep on plugging along everyone, we are going to get there!  :smitten:

13a6f0092de855aa033722a3b818b4c0.jpg

kasey - even though it may not be "therapeutic", the drug can still have some effect on the GABA. Also, you are experiencing w/d....this has nothing to do with the "therapeutic" effect anymore...simply about the GABA receptors needing to recover. They will still be recovering when you are at zero....when of course you will not be having any "therapeutic" effect.  ;)

Also, as you get lower, a higher % of GABA receptors get unmasked. I'm not talking % of dose reduction...I'm talking % of your receptors that are occupied by benzo. There are plenty of charts and graphs on BB that explain this...but I don't have a link off hand. SG57 and Bart used to talk about this I think. In any case, the graphs don't change what you do...and you're doing what you need to..a sx-based taper. You've got this!!

Libr...

I just read your quote for the third time and I finally understand what you mean! I finally understand that the last doses that are taken away towards the end of a taper are freeing up my brain’s natural ability to do what the gaba is supposed to do before it was suppressed by the valium. Andit will continue to free up more and more gaba at a faster and faster pace,the closer I get to the end of my taper. And that’s why it is much harder to reduce my doses towards the end of my taper.  But! My brain is recovering faster towards the end of my taper.  Well YIPPEE!

I’m on my way folks!  THANK YOU LIBR!

Heathcliff :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :laugh::yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Oh, ifyou ever find the graph or chart you are referring to,please post the link on this forum. I’d love to learn even more!

Hi, everyone,

I been away from BB for some time.

I’m currently at 1.3 V and finding it particularly difficult. About a week ago I got this massive bruise in my elbow area which spread out,..no idea how I got it. My neck under my chin seems to be swollen..?

My stomach is in knots like never before.

Will this end ? Does it ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks,... guess I just need a little reassurance.

ATU

Hi all tied up,

I'm sorry you are having difficulty at the lower dose.

I have a tight stomach ever since I started valium. I never count this sx as all the others are much more severe and disabling.

I see you have been tapering since 2013 for a rather small dose. How have you Been? Did the super slow taper help?

I had a number of issues arise during that time and all caused set backs.

Wife was diagnosed with cancer.

Buried my sister.

Buried my Dad

My taper has not been too bad but now and then a very difficult time props up like now.

I’m sure it will pass. The stomach stuff is the worse for me right now.

Thanks

ATU

Hi ATU. I remember you. :) Welcome back.

I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. I hope your wife is doing better.

I've had only mild stomach issues during my taper. Since I did my long hold, that's a symptom that hardly ever crops up. I haven't had bruising or swelling either. But I'm on Librium. Very similar to Valium, but not exactly the same.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I wish you the best.

Gardie 

Gardie,

I remember you as well.

I believe in long hills when highly symptomatic, I’ll be taking one now.

How has your overall taper been?

ATU

Gardie,

I remember you as well.

I believe in long hills when highly symptomatic, I’ll be taking one now.

How has your overall taper been?

ATU

Long holds, right? Though this whole thing has been a long hill, hasn't it?

Thanks, I've been better since my long hold. Still have the symptoms, but they are much more manageable. I have the capacity now to do some self care which has helped me to be better able to cope with my symptoms, too. I'm so grateful for that.

I hope your hold helps you. I've seen it help so many. Lots of hope it will help you, too.

Gardie :)  (used to be Gard, but Cantfly changed my nickname, said I needed something that sounded female :laugh:)

Based on your signature we are at about the same place or does .

I was doing well with my cut and hold, had my usual sxs around day 12-15 after each cut but then this happened. I am already starting to feel better and with the warmer weather arriving Im sure things will pick up.

It seems you Doc has asked you to step up your taper rate,..is that so? So far my Doc has been super great and supportive. As long as a I don’t go backwards she says take as long as it needs.👍

You take care and talk soon.

ATU🙏

Hey ATU,

I remember you as well. It is so nice to see you chiming in with us. Goodness you have really made some progress and sounds like you are wisely listening to your body for your taper rate.  You are going to taste the sweet victory soon.  :smitten: 

Kasey,

Hi, I remember you as well.

I just had to get away from the boards for a while, it was becoming too much and so I just stayed away for most part and carried on.

As you know I have been taking this road real slow,...for many and varied reasons.

I have had a pretty good go so far and my recent issues do not deter me or scare me.

I guess it is to be expected in fact. I will just muddle threw and get there when I get there.

How have you been doing?

ATU🙏