3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Reached 1.1 mg V equiv today. Every little milestone down feels exciting now.

Soberhope- fwiw, I plan to DMT all the way to zero. 

Circlestar - what is your rate now? Has the new rate helped? What were your sxs that made you decide to slow?

Circlestar - what is your rate now? Has the new rate helped? What were your sxs that made you decide to slow?

Libr-

You’re doing great! 

My daily taper rate is now .0004 k (.008v equiv).  Just at new rate for 5 days now so hoping to see a change soon.  Physical sxs were ramping up like flushing and burning, inner vibrations, sleep only 2-4 hours.

I did sleep 5 hours last night so that is encouraging!

Libr-

You’re doing great! 

My daily taper rate is now .0004 k (.008v equiv).  Just at new rate for 5 days now so hoping to see a change soon.  Physical sxs were ramping up like flushing and burning, inner vibrations, sleep only 2-4 hours.

I did sleep 5 hours last night so that is encouraging!

Yay for more sleep! I hope your sxs dampen soon. Now you’re at the same rate I’m doing. I really hope I don’t have to slow down. Been slacking on the self-care so time to ramp that back up again and get this taper done!

The taper from 1 mg Valium to .5 mg really hit me hard. Not something I expected at all as I figured I was finally in the home stretch. I have had to hold for a month and am just now feeling like I'm stabilizing enough to continue tapering.

I've switched to liquid and will be tapering very slowly with a plan to step off rather than jump off. There is no reason to go through another tough taper.

I think I'm sensitive to this w/d process. My psychiatrist is surprised but very supportive. (Although from stories I've read on BB, my experience isn't unusual.)

GonnaGetBetter - It got hard for me too when I got below 3mg and I am at 2.27 now, doing the DLMT. I am just sometimes overwhelmed by how loooooong this process is and how it was much easier to make big cuts and be OK at the start (taper began in October at 10mg and got to 3mg in late January without any big problems).

I am still probably cutting too fast. today 2.27, tomorrow 2.25 then 2.23 - I wish I knew the math and could figure out my percentage every 2 weeks...any ideas? I will slow down if I can't handle it but I just do not want to taper forever.

GonnaGetBetter - It got hard for me too when I got below 3mg and I am at 2.27 now, doing the DLMT. I am just sometimes overwhelmed by how loooooong this process is and how it was much easier to make big cuts and be OK at the start (taper began in October at 10mg and got to 3mg in late January without any big problems).

I am still probably cutting too fast. today 2.27, tomorrow 2.25 then 2.23 - I wish I knew the math and could figure out my percentage every 2 weeks...any ideas? I will slow down if I can't handle it but I just do not want to taper forever.

SoberHope-

You are cutting at 12.3% for 14 days from 2.27. (.02 x 14= .28/2.27). 

Pretty fast.  You may want to slow down.

Also know that if you maintain that cut of .02 from 1.99= 14.1% for the next 14 days.

And % keeps increasing.

Thanks circlestar - I decided to cut slower...so now 2.27 to 2.26 to 2.25 etc...so that should be about 7% I think. I'd like to get to 10% when I get the Rx liquid Valium

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again.

Just want to thank you all again for your support and guidance.

I’m down to 0.235 and doing a really slow  DLMT however it’s not really daily...more like every 2-3. Days dep3nding on how I feel. ....more like cutting .002 or .003 every three days or so and hold acouple of days if necessary. :idiot:  Most important is to not go too fast. Guess I’m just playing itout real slow.

Thanks all you lovely people!

Hopeyou all get lots of Windows!

Heathcliff :smitten: :smitten: :smitten::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi again.

I’m down to 0.235 and doing a really slow  DLMT however it’s not really daily...more like every 2-3. Days dep3nding on how I feel. ....more like cutting .002 or .003 every three days or so and hold acouple of days if necessary. :idiot:  Most important is to not go too fast. Guess I’m just playing itout real slow.

Hi Heathcliff

I'm feeling better as I get lower (.9) and noticed how low you are. Are you still feeling your cuts? My cutting process is about the same as your's as I cut around .002-.003 then I'll hold.

I'm just curious how come you just don't jump.... of course everyone is different.

Heathcliff,

I am doing the exact same thing. I long to step up this tapering process. however, the last 2 times I did, it slammed me horribly and set me back. I am astounded that i am feeling this even this low down. I truly do not understand why, as they say at the dose i am on, it is not a therapeutic dose. But something is happening that prevents me from reducing more weekly. Wish I knew what why???

FWIW - I have done a very slow taper all along, I am in my 7th year with this.

Does anyone know why some are unable to jump at so low a dose? :smitten:

kasey - even though it may not be "therapeutic", the drug can still have some effect on the GABA. Also, you are experiencing w/d....this has nothing to do with the "therapeutic" effect anymore...simply about the GABA receptors needing to recover. They will still be recovering when you are at zero....when of course you will not be having any "therapeutic" effect.  ;)

Also, as you get lower, a higher % of GABA receptors get unmasked. I'm not talking % of dose reduction...I'm talking % of your receptors that are occupied by benzo. There are plenty of charts and graphs on BB that explain this...but I don't have a link off hand. SG57 and Bart used to talk about this I think. In any case, the graphs don't change what you do...and you're doing what you need to..a sx-based taper. You've got this!!

kasey - even though it may not be "therapeutic", the drug can still have some effect on the GABA. Also, you are experiencing w/d....this has nothing to do with the "therapeutic" effect anymore...simply about the GABA receptors needing to recover. They will still be recovering when you are at zero....when of course you will not be having any "therapeutic" effect.  ;)

Also, as you get lower, a higher % of GABA receptors get unmasked. I'm talking % of dose reduction...I'm talking % of your receptors that are occupied by benzo. There are plenty of charts and graphs on BB that explains this...but I don't have a link off hand. SG57 and Bart used to talk about this I think. In any case, the graphs don't change what you do...and you're doing what you need to..a sx-based taper. You've got this!!

It all makes sense , doing a symptom based taper is always the best. I've never seen this chart you are referring to.

Thank you everyone for encouraging me and helping me understand this process better. Though I have been at this quite a while, i continue to learn as this adventure evolves toward a healing wholeness.  Libr was the one who wise explained about the charts and what that means for us. So sorry I can not supply that info for you guys.

I am going to up my taper a tiny bit and let the symptoms dictate this rate.

Hang in there everyone, we are going to make it!!!! I have had the great privilege to watch many join BB, persevere and now many are well into their healing and getting on with life. You will do the same.  :smitten:

Sorry but I’m not sure how to find a link to the graph. I know I’ve seen it on here some time back and there’s been a lot of discussion on what happens at very low doses. Maybe someone else knows how to find it. Basically it just showed that as the dose gets lower, a higher % of GABA receptors get unmasked (they were previously covered by benzo). So at higher dose you can cut larger amounts. But at very low doses, the same size cut unmasks exponentially higher number of receptors leading to more w/d. Hence the idea of reducing by a fixed % instead of fixed Amt. I hope this makes sense.

I don’t remember what is considered very low dose. I have been reducing by a fixed Amt for a long time now and not sure if or when to slow it down. Sx based is generally the answer around here.

Hi again.

Hi Heathcliff

I'm feeling better as I get lower (.9) and noticed how low you are. Are you still feeling your cuts? My cutting process is about the same as your's as I cut around .002-.003 then I'll hold.

I'm just curious how come you just don't jump.... of course everyone is different.

Hi Caltn

Hopeyou feelinggood.

I don’t jump because I know a buddy who got off very successfully and she just walked off at about    O.026

Shev juvst kept cutting until she was  almost at zero. When she tried to jump at even .1 she still got some wdsx, although not real bad.

I don’t jump because I dont want to deal with wdsx, just like I go so slow for the same reason. Better to be careful and drag it out a bit longer until I’m REALLY REALLY LOW.  More chance to walk off with little or no wdsx. Don’t want to mess things up. Maybe I’m silly, but hey I don’t care. I’m also lucky because I found a GREAT psych who also thinks I’m silly, but he supports my wdsx based slow taper 100%

And, youare right, I do not feel my cuts at all. I am so low, there is no therapeutic effect to miss when I cut.

****** Also I am on Valium.  Valium has a long half life, so even the smallest dose stays in a person’s body for a good week or two ....and each dose accumulates on top of the previous dose. So even if I am at 0.235, on any given day, in my body there is much more than that. I hope I am  explaining that correctly.

Heathcliff

Hi again.

Hi Heathcliff

Hi Caltn

Hopeyou feelinggood.

I don’t jump because I know a buddy who got off very successfully and she just walked off at about    O.026

Shev juvst kept cutting until she was  almost at zero. When she tried to jump at even .1 she still got some wdsx, although not real bad.

I don’t jump because I dont want to deal with wdsx, just like I go so slow for the same reason. Better to be careful and drag it out a bit longer until I’m REALLY REALLY LOW.  More chance to walk off with little or no wdsx. Don’t want to mess things up. Maybe I’m silly, but hey I don’t care. I’m also lucky because I found a GREAT psych who also thinks I’m silly, but he supports my wdsx based slow taper 100%

And, youare right, I do not feel my cuts at all. I am so low, there is no therapeutic effect to miss when I cut.

****** Also I am on Valium.  Valium has a long half life, so even the smallest dose stays in a person’s body for a good week or two ....and each dose accumulates on top of the previous dose. So even if I am at 0.235, on any given day, in my body there is much more than that. I hope I am  explaining that correctly.

Heathcliff

Hi Heathcliff

I understand your reasoning for tapering slow, as I am also. I was hoping that I could  jump at .5 but in reality I'm just like you, I don't want to ruin my taper and if I need to go that low I will also. Guess I'm getting a little anxious about getting off this poison. I'm feeling better everyday especially at work. Thanks for responding and Happy healing.

I am doing the same as you 2,  fought to hard over a very long period of time to blow it now. If it takes a bit longer cause I am going slower, I am ok with that. ( you will have to remind of me of this wisdom, next week  :D )

It seems that my brain is at its best when I let it dictate what it can handle and at its pace it can handle it. I am learning that one can not force healing.

You guys are inspirational and encouraging for me - THANK YOU!!!! :smitten:

still cutting but I need to stop for a while :( here at .67 -- two-thirds of a mg -- I just want to cut thru the sxs but that's irrational because I have to be functional. The finish line isn't moving, I'm just walking to it slower.

Hi

Just a quick questions for some of you guys, gals.  I'm still cutting and seem to handle the cuts better than a month ago but I've noticed I'm getting the burning skin. Feels weird but hey I'm improving. My dog starting barking at 1 a.m. this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Going to be a long day. ;D

Mornin Cant,

I too have the burning thing. I feel really fortunate that mine is regional and not all over.

Oh my, bless you!!!  Sleep is so very precious when we get it, so sorry for the loss of sleep. The good news is that one day this will get better and we will be able to roll over and fall back to sleep with out any effort.  :smitten:

Mornin Cant,

I too have the burning thing. I feel really fortunate that mine is regional and not all over.

Oh my, bless you!!!  Sleep is so very precious when we get it, so sorry for the loss of sleep. The good news is that one day this will get better and we will be able to roll over and fall back to sleep with out any effort.  :smitten:

My sleep comes in waves, so I sleep great some days and others I get may 4-5 hours.  Naps.. what are they I don't get sleepy enough for those. Some days I really think about sleeping for 8-10 hours cause when I'm asleep I don't have any  withdrawals.

Happy healing

wow,

you guys are all doing so well, at such low dosage now!  it's almost there! hang it there!!

I'm coming down to the lower dosage as well, and i have few questions for you guys.  can you share your experience on around what dosage reduction did you have the hardest time? is it getting harder as you approach non-therapeutic dosage? what is that non-therapeutic dosage for you?

thank you so much on your input and wish every one smooth sailing the rest of the way!!

I was able to cut big and fast from 2.5mg to 1mg valium although sx are very intense but they kind of lessoned soon after.

The hardest for me is from 0.8mg down, even harder after that.

I'm at 2.04mg V today and things have definitely gotten better as I get lower. 3mg was the hardest (I got there doing cut and hold from 10mg) but things have improved since I started a DLMT and the past 8 days the chemical morning anxiety has left. My 3 symptoms are there but more manageable and i feel better as I get lower.

Don't fear the lower doses FisherK - some people feel better as they get lower, some don't. You will do great.