3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Caltn, if you are using scales, can you please tell me your method please?

I cut pill in half  then I use a metal nail file to file pill to whatever weight I need.  I generally use a pair of tweezers to hold the pill and do it that way. It's not precise but if you go slow and hold some it works.

I may take the same weight for 3-5 days then taper some hold then taper again.

I do plan to make my own liquid and taper that way on this last 1 mg.

I know scales aren't accurate so I use a back up scale to verify sometimes, sometimes I don't.  If I feel bad I hold, if I don't I generally keep on tapering. I just listen to my body.

I have been feeling worse for about 6 months. Tried holding longer which failed. I also had 2 sets of scales on my last attempt but each would read differently which stressed me no end. This last week is my first week again using scales, but only one this time. I am not feeling any better. Liquids I could never tolerate. Maybe I am one of those that has a rough ride until done now, in which case I am considering jumping at 0.5 to get it over with.

I tried microtapering along while back but it revved me up. I do cut and hold of 5% every 14 days and am currently 5% under 1 mg, whatever that is and a week into the cut

I have been feeling worse for about 6 months. Tried holding longer which failed. I also had 2 sets of scales on my last attempt but each would read differently which stressed me no end. This last week is my first week again using scales, but only one this time. I am not feeling any better. Liquids I could never tolerate. Maybe I am one of those that has a rough ride until done now, in which case I am considering jumping at 0.5 to get it over with.

I've been holding and today was the worse in a long time. Constant buzzing , nausea, feeling off balance, BP high, and I woke up having adrenaline surges.

I had a doctor apt. and he wants to put me on a beta blocker to help with my BP.

caltn : I have a beta blocker that I take as needed and it definitely helps - I don't take it that much but when I do it works within the hour if not faster.

chenka - you are really low! Congratulations. why did the liquid micro taper rev you up if I many ask? I am doing pills and liquid now and was thinking of switching to all liquid when I get to 2mg.

I just jumped off 4 days ago. I’m not doing so hot. You all felt well on your tapers? I’m depressed anyway. How many people were depressed in the first place?

I tried microtapering along while back but it revved me up. I do cut and hold of 5% every 14 days and am currently 5% under 1 mg, whatever that is and a week into the cut

Chenka,

So you are at .95 v.  Awesome!  I’m at .98 v equivalent (.049 k).

Your rate of taper sounds reasonable.  Where is your taper history?  What dose did you start at? How long were you on it? What has been your progression?  How long have you been tapering? Did you always taper 5% every 14 days? Have you CT in the past? Or crossover from another benzo?  So many of these things may effect your sxs.  Could you please update your signature?  It will make it much easier for someone to help you without you having to answer all these questions each time.

Circlestar

caltn : I have a beta blocker that I take as needed and it definitely helps - I don't take it that much but when I do it works within the hour if not faster.

chenka - you are really low! Congratulations. why did the liquid micro taper rev you up if I many ask? I am doing pills and liquid now and was thinking of switching to all liquid when I get to 2mg.

What strength and what beta blocker did they put you on? I'm very cautious about taking a beta blocker again, as I was previously on atenolol a few years ago. When I tried to get off after 2 yrs of using atenolol my heart would race causing extreme anxiety. I had to monitor my HR everyday and it took 6 months to get off the beta blocker. I had to get off cause it was lowering my HR too much.

Hi caltn

The beta blocker I have is called Propranolol - I only take it as needed when my heart is racing, low dose (20mg but sometimes I take half of one)

Chenka - I don't usually take it before bed so not sure how it would effect sleep. I usually take it in the morning only when my heart is racing from anxiety. It does help though for sure.

My GP won't give it to me. Suggests trying all the breathing stuff I've already tried without success.  :tickedoff:

You're probably better off if you can do without it.

Finally noticing I'm getting better after this 20 day hold. I feel so much better and got some great sleep last night.

Bad thing is I'm not sleepy at all tonight. Going to hold a few more days and start my slow taper down to .5.

Checking in - I am currently at 2.95mg of Valium - going slowly with a DLMT. It will take a long time but no new s/x ever pop up and the ones I have are tolerable (but not fun). I feel fortunate to only have 4 s/x: waking up too early, morning "chemical" anxiety (gets better after I wake up and the morning progresses), some cog fog/ear ringing.

How is everyone else doing and what kind of taper is everyone doing?

Any tips on tapering this last 1 mg as I feel better or at least good enough to start tapering again.

Current sxs are, anxiety, off balance, vibrations in my legs, blurred vision, brain fog, feeling of needing an extra breath, rib pain, these come and go and some days aren't bad at all.

Any tips on tapering this last 1 mg as I feel better or at least good enough to start tapering again.

Current sxs are, anxiety, off balance, vibrations in my legs, blurred vision, brain fog, feeling of needing an extra breath, rib pain, these come and go and some days aren't bad at all.

Reduce .003mg every day to zero (this is less than 5%) you will be done in 4 weeks and will more than likely feel the same as you do right now :thumbsup:

Bella Amis, I am just under 1 mg, using 5% cut and hold every 2 weeks , with much the same sx as Caltn. Can you elaborate on the method you suggested to her/him please? I have not been able to tolerate any liquids at all in the past. I am getting the feeling I will not get any better whilst still on valium at all but do not want to jump for fear of nasty sx.

Hi there under 3mg friends.

I am 13 weeks off now and wanted to share that I dry cut my entire taper; I could not tolerate liquid.  I cut approximately .30 mgs a month once under 1mg, to zero.  You can see my numbers in my signature.  I found cutting .002 grams every few days was all I could tolerate but found it important to keep moving forward.

You are very close.....best of luck and keep moving forward!

Thank you!

As for tips, I would encourage finding a manageable but steady path forward to getting to zero be it liquid or dry, to not delay with excessively long holds, accepting that symptom free will likely not happen especially for those of us on 2nd or 3rd attempts, that hormonal upheaval plays into the roughness for women, to eat clean, stretch and move as able and to have a support friend or 3 to call and keep in steady contact with especially when in pain, to try and plug into one's life as best as possible and with positive and caring people willing to accept one's new boundaries and limitations. I would encourage working with one's physician for underlying medical conditions that may be intertwined with the withdrawal symptoms.  For me, it was an endocrine issue involving insufficient hormones. 

Also, I found keeping a daily journal helpful to track improvements and changing symptoms, brain training exercises for cognition with books, writing, music and the arts, finding renewed love in nature and with friends willing to journey with while in pain. 

For me, the last milligram wasn't any more challenging that the milligram preceding it.  In many ways it was easier and thrilling knowing that zero was on the horizon.  What was mentally challenging was the knowledge that once at zero the journey is not yet over. 

Time away from the drug and buckets of encouragement and care are the two big tips I can share.  Find ways to obtaining both..............

Best to all on this exciting last leg of your taper journey!

Marija