Need help setting up LT Plan.. too much brain fog

[Sa...]

Good to know someone on BB considers the Doc compassionate, and he is, He listens and works with the patient.  Flew to CA. to see him, He has people coming from All over US.  He's a rarity! BUT I still feel the one's who have gone through the fire, understand the process better. So, again... Thanks for your input.  Hope you are doing well!!

He is substituting the Valium at 2.5 mg  in the 1-3  1-2  2-3 cycle.  I really would like to move faster...  BUT have learned from others that's not how it works.... Listen to my sx.   

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sa...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [In...]

• 1 month later...

Hey, Hi Inkedgrrrl... Sorry about the long delay.  My Dr. is Dr. Peter V. Madill of Sebastopol, CA - about 60 miles outside of San Francisco. He sees patients from all over the U.S. He is an internist and has been using the Ashton protocol for over 10 years, does prescribe valium to cross over if patient wants. He sees patients Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. A very compassionate easy to work with Dr. 

His address/phone

Peter V Madill MD Inc.

1020 Gravenstein Ave Ste 120 Sebastopol, CA 95472

(707) 823-3312 (Office)

(707) 823-3490 (Fax)

Hope this helps, Best wishes! 

Hi SG, 

I've been vacillating!  I mentioned in last text my decision to cross over to V from K. 

I no longer want to cross over will take 6 months. plus concerned of valiums sedation. I'm relatively sx free right now. I want to get this amt 2.5mg down sooner. 

Also I was using milk as my liquid. Im now interested in using Vodka to dissolve my liquid part of the taper (the .5 mg)  I was tapering dry and liquid previously. Can you help show/ describe how I'd dissolve the .5mg K in Vodka ?

Right now I take 2.5 mg K and dose 3x/day ... 7 3 and 11.... I'd have to restabilize on liquid again before the taper. 

I'm going to follow the original taper plan you had for me... tapering at 5%,

I was taking at each dose -  dry, .75 mg. then mixing the remainder .5mg tab K in 50 ml milk then divide that into 2 daily batches of 25ml.

Replies 36 and 37 and 41 describe how I was tapering.

Here's an example of the 5% taper you gave me

5%/month: 5% of 2.5mg is .125mg (.05 x 2.5) divided by 30 days in a month = .00417mg/day, round down to .004mg (.4ml/day)

Thank you! 

Hi SG, 

I've been vacillating!  I mentioned in last text my decision to cross over to V from K. 

I no longer want to cross over will take 6 months. plus concerned of valiums sedation. I'm relatively sx free right now. I want to get this amt 2.5mg down sooner. 

Also I was using milk as my liquid. Im now interested in using Vodka to dissolve my liquid part of the taper (the .5 mg)  I was tapering dry and liquid previously. Can you help show/ describe how I'd dissolve the .5mg K in Vodka ?

Right now I take 2.5 mg K and dose 3x/day ... 7 3 and 11.... I'd have to restabilize on liquid again before the taper. 

I'm going to follow the original taper plan you had for me... tapering at 5%,

I was taking at each dose -  dry, .75 mg. then mixing the remainder .5mg tab K in 50 ml milk then divide that into 2 daily batches of 25ml.

Replies 36 and 37 and 41 describe how I was tapering.

Here's an example of the 5% taper you gave me

5%/month: 5% of 2.5mg is .125mg (.05 x 2.5) divided by 30 days in a month = .00417mg/day, round down to .004mg (.4ml/day)

Thank you!

Hi Sarah,

I'd dissolve the .5mg K pill into 3ml vodka (bare minimum 80 proof/40% ABV), then dilute with 47ml water to make 50mls of .01mg/ml K liquid.  Everything else you are doing would remain the same.

SG, Does this need to be refrigerated?   

Thanks!

Also, forgot to add,I'm wanting to mix up a batch that lasts longer than 2 days, and is portable like this one I read about....

Crash Bandicoot

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=154392.0

A question, when he took his dose, was 1ml then 2nd .98 ml,  How does one get .98 of an ml? 

Thank you!

No, in fact probably better not to refrigerate.

To double your days just double what you are doing.  I try to make it so that cuts will always be at least .05ml, otherwise I am not comfortable with the accuracy, and also try to stay away from the K being too concentrated.

Also, forgot to add,I'm wanting to mix up a batch that lasts longer than 2 days, and is portable like this one I read about....

Crash Bandicoot

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=154392.0

A question, when he took his dose, was 1ml then 2nd .98 ml,  How does one get .98 of an ml? 

Thank you!

The syringe i used has 100 marks on it. Each mark is .01 ml. I believe it is sufficiently accurate at .01 ml, and never had any problems with it.  :thumbsup:

http://www.amazon.com/slip-tip-disposable-syringe-without-needle/dp/B007ZDHYTK?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

i just wanted to throw in how i make a 20 day supply per SG and its been working very well for me.

i started with 2.25mg of k x20 = 45mg of k

crushed it up with a mortar and pestle

added 60ml of PG let sit overnight

added 40ml of water

i now have a solution of 2.25mg/5ml

i keep it in a glass jar in my dresser

everyday i draw out 5ml of the solution and add it to 220ml of water (225ml total of liquid) to make a solution that contains .01mg/1ml

i make my deductions of 8% a month from this solution on a daily basis.

i have done this with 2 batches already, just made my third last night.

its less of a hassle than doing it every night and works great.

thank you SG for helping me  with this :)

i just wanted to throw in how i make a 20 day supply per SG and its been working very well for me.

i started with 2.25mg of k x20 = 45mg of k

crushed it up with a mortar and pestle

added 60ml of PG let sit overnight

added 40ml of water

i now have a solution of 2.25mg/5ml

i keep it in a glass jar in my dresser

everyday i draw out 5ml of the solution and add it to 220ml of water (225ml total of liquid) to make a solution that contains .01mg/1ml

i make my deductions of 8% a month from this solution on a daily basis.

i have done this with 2 batches already, just made my third last night.

its less of a hassle than doing it every night and works great.

thank you SG for helping me  with this :)

I remember that batch.  That was the 45mg K that we rescued from waste.  Glad it worked out.

Inkedgrrrl, How many times per day were / are you dosing?

Also how did you determine how much (the 220ml) liquid to dissolve the solution in?

.... " everyday i draw out 5ml of the solution and add it to 220ml of water (225ml total of liquid) to make a solution that contains .01mg/1ml" ?  Thanks!

SG57 or Crash Bandicoot, Can you help me set up a batch solution?  I'm not good with math (decimals) whatsoever. If so let me know what information you need to do this.

Thank you! 

SG57 or Crash Bandicoot, Can you help me set up a batch solution?  I'm not good with math (decimals) whatsoever. If so let me know what information you need to do this.

Thank you!

You're already doing it.  You have a two-day batch.  If you want four, double it.  If you want six, triple it.  If you want to try 20, multiply everything by ten.

SG, I'm sorry this is not making sense to me. I'm not trying to be difficult, just do not understand and do not want to make any mistakes.

If I follow your directions of....  'You have a two-day batch.  If you want four, double it.  If you want six, triple it.  If you want to try 20 (days), multiply everything by '10'

Then how is Inkedgrrrl batch of 20 days, Everything multiplied by 20?  Not trying to be difficult.  Just not understanding.

I don't even know how much liquid to use to dilute the batch in?

WasInkedgrrrl dosing 1 x per day? 

Could you please draw up step by step how I'd do this?  I'm afraid to make any mistakes with this medicine.

Daily dose is 2.5mg K

I dose 3 times per day: 7 3 and 11

I would like a 20 day batch

I'm reducing at 5% / month

I have the tb syringes (that are marked in 100ths)

Thank you!

SG, I'm sorry this is not making sense to me. I'm not trying to be difficult, just do not understand and do not want to make any mistakes.

If I follow your directions of....  'You have a two-day batch.  If you want four, double it.  If you want six, triple it.  If you want to try 20 (days), multiply everything by '10'

Then how is Inkedgrrrl batch of 20 days, Everything multiplied by 20?  Not trying to be difficult.  Just not understanding.

I don't even know how much liquid to use to dilute the batch in?

WasInkedgrrrl dosing 1 x per day? 

Could you please draw up step by step how I'd do this?  I'm afraid to make any mistakes with this medicine.

Daily dose is 2.5mg K

I dose 3 times per day: 7 3 and 11

I would like a 20 day batch

I'm reducing at 5% / month

I have the tb syringes (that are marked in 100ths)

Thank you!

Okay, your dry dose would not change...  .75mg x3.

Wet dose is .25mg a day = 5mg for a 20-day batch.

Put 10 .5mg pills into 10ml 80 proof (40% ABV).  Let it dissolve.  Mix.  Add 490ml water.  Mix.  The end result will be 500ml of .01mg/ml liquid K, which is enough to last you 20 days.  Store at RT out of light.  To dose, draw out 25ml (.25mg) and split it evenly between the three doses.  To taper at 5% a month take .4ml (.004mg) less each day.

SG, Thank you for the set up!  Quick?.  Can the water in any way cause bacterial contamination of the batch since it's a 20 day batch sitting out?  or does the Vodka act as enough of a bacterial inhibitor ?

SG, Thank you for the set up!  Quick?.  Can the water in any way cause bacterial contamination of the batch since it's a 20 day batch sitting out?  or does the Vodka act as enough of a bacterial inhibitor ?

That's a really good question and I'm not sure how much alcohol is needed to quell bacteria growth.  Alcohol has that going for it.  Maybe Anne or someone else who might know will see this and respond.  I'd definitely be concerned about bacteria storing it at RT for 20 days.  Builder recently posted that he began seeing cloudiness in his liquid at ~10-14 days, but that it did not seem to be a problem.  Maybe you could begin with a 10-day batch and see how that goes?  I'm not all that hot on the idea of going much beyond that, TBH.  A fresh batch once a week is sounding like a good compromise right now.

Unless the water is contaminated, it will not initiate any microbial/bacteriological growth.  But if you do not keep you equipment clean, the liquid can become contaminated from environmental sources. 

Yes the alcohol will provide some protection against microbial/bacteriological, but at the tiny amounts of alcohol that most folks are using I wouldn't expect a lot of disinfecting.

FWIW, the Rx grade liquids are basically mixtures of benzo, either PG or alcohol, and water.  The PG liquids that I am familiar with have a 3 years shelf life, and the alcohol products have a 1 year shelf life (and 90 days after opening.  Remember, your staring with  3 components, benzo, alcoholm and water, none of which are perishable, and all of which are very stable..

I typically diluted 10-14 days of liquid (PG based liquid V) and stored it at room temp.  There were 2 occasions in 2 years  where my batch became cloudy toward the end of the batch.  I attributed that to contamination, either some infectant, or, more likely, soap from the washing of my container.  BTW, in both cases, I used the remainder of the cloudy liquid, and it worked fine.

I would imagine chlorinated water would be as safe as adding the tiny amount of alcohol in there. As long as the bottle is sealed, the chlorine should not evaporate.  :thumbsup:

According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, unopened commercially bottled water will keep safe indefinitely, as long as the bottles remain properly sealed and aren’t damaged.

January 29, 2012 - 04:44

A half-full bottle of water has been left in the fridge for months. Can we drink it?

Keywords: Water

SendPDFPrint

By: Ingrid Spilde

Throat a little dry? (Photo: Colourbox)

You are thirsty, very thirsty!

And you are in a place without water, without anything that can soothe your parched throat. There are no stores around.

Then you remember. In the bottom of your bag you have a half-full bottle of water that you bought weeks, maybe even months ago.

Normally you wouldn’t even consider it, but today the big question is:

Can you drink the rest now?

Keeps for ages

The answer is yes, according to Truls Krogh, director of the Department of Water Hygiene at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health.

“If the water is covered and of good quality to start with, in principle it can last a thousand years,” he says.

This also goes for water from the faucet.

“Of course there can’t be much organic matter in the water, which there isn’t in the water most Norwegian homes have on tap. As long as it’s been contained in a closed bottle that doesn’t let any substances into the contents it can keep for years without becoming dangerous to drink,” says Krogh.

Even if the bottle has been opened and you’ve taken a few swigs right from it.

yes i divide my doses into 3x a day.

after i put 5ml of my 2.25/5ml solution in 220ml of water to make 225ml. i start with 75ml in each container (3 of them) and disgard evenly from each dose .6ml a day (.2ml from each container). i am at a rate of 8% a month

i like the convenience of having a concentrated 20 day batch that I can dilute with water. I believe the PG keeps it sterile. not sure but i have not had any problems with it and im on my 3rd batch of doing it this way.

SG57, builder, Inkedgrrrl, Crash Bandicoot

Thank you all very much for the responses. I'm trying to get off to a good start and have received good information to do that. 

Builder, Inkedgrrrl what is a good brand of PG? where to buy it? Also, builder I bought a box of syringes (100) so do not have to wash those, so not much contamination there.

SG, I will go ahead with the 7 day supply of solution instead of the 20.... If you will please draw up the step by step how to? 

Thank you all, I am deeply indebted to all of your time and support of helping me set up a taper plan.... and sharing in/on BB....Have learned much Blessings and healing to all. 

Thank you all very much for the responses. I'm trying to get off to a good start and have received good information to do that. 

Builder, Inkedgrrrl what is a good brand of PG? where to buy it? Also, builder I bought a box of syringes (100) so do not have to wash those, so not much contamination there.

SG, I will go ahead with the 7 day supply of solution instead of the 20.... If you will please draw up the step by step how to? 

Thank you all, I am deeply indebted to all of your time and support of helping me set up a taper plan.... and sharing in/on BB....Have learned much Blessings and healing to all.

Seven days is 1.75mg.  Make it eight days and 2mg to keep with whole pills.

Put 4 .5mg pills (2mg) into 8ml 80 proof (40% ABV).  Let it dissolve.  Mix.  Add 192ml water.  Mix.  The end result will be 200ml of .01mg/ml liquid K, which is enough to last you 8 days.  Store at RT out of light.  To dose, draw out 25ml (.25mg) and split it evenly between the three doses.  To taper at 5% a month take .4ml (.004mg) less each day.

Any pharmacy. Or Amazon.  :thumbsup:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_8?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=propylene+glycol&sprefix=propylene+glycol%2Caps%2C149

Any pharmacy. Or Amazon.  :thumbsup:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_8?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=propylene+glycol&sprefix=propylene+glycol%2Caps%2C149

Yup.  PG is a very generic product.  I don't know of any "preferred" brand.