Need help setting up LT Plan.. too much brain fog

[Sa...]

SG, yes the pill dissolves over time though not sure its into pieces until after adding the water, as the vodka liquid is tinted yellow.

Before adding the water the pill is lying in a melted clump on the bottom to the side of jar, ( i tilt the jar on a pen to keep the whole pill submerged)  it only takes a gentle swirl of the jar around a couple of times and the melted clump  is mixed through out, turning the vodka a yellow tint. Then after I add water is when I see the sediment particles. Does that sound like it's  dissolving?  How fast 'should' it dissolve?

Okay, I will not move from 5% to 6 yet. Most definitely do not want to have worse sx. And be chasing them to gain control. Hope I can convince my Dr. :/  (My only sx is skin burning on face, dull head ache, BUT headaches are not only due to/from WD, and slight anxiety. SX start 1- 2 hrs before next dose and do come and go. They started on day 7 of tapering.

With having the burning skin sx. ... can I continue reducing each days pull by the .4ml?  paying close attention to it not becoming  more frequent or any new sx starting?  Iam keeping a daily journal to keep track.

Just to be sure Im pulling correctly, Today I'm  on day 9 so pulled 3.6ml Tomorrow will be a pull of  4.0ml, correct?  Then 4.4, 4.8, 5.2, 5.6 ......

Thanks very much for your in site and help, it's greatly appreciated.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sa...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [In...]

SG, yes the pill dissolves over time though not sure its into pieces until after adding the water, as the vodka liquid is tinted yellow.

Before adding the water the pill is lying in a melted clump on the bottom to the side of jar, ( i tilt the jar on a pen to keep the whole pill submerged)  it only takes a gentle swirl of the jar around a couple of times and the melted clump  is mixed through out, turning the vodka a yellow tint. Then after I add water is when I see the sediment particles. Does that sound like it's  dissolving?  How fast 'should' it dissolve?

Okay, I will not move from 5% to 6 yet. Most definitely do not want to have worse sx. And be chasing them to gain control. Hope I can convince my Dr. :/  (My only sx is skin burning on face, dull head ache, BUT headaches are not only due to/from WD, and slight anxiety. SX start 1- 2 hrs before next dose and do come and go. They started on day 7 of tapering.

With having the burning skin sx. ... can I continue reducing each days pull by the .4ml?  paying close attention to it not becoming  more frequent or any new sx starting?  Iam keeping a daily journal to keep track.

Just to be sure Im pulling correctly, Today I'm  on day 9 so pulled 3.6ml Tomorrow will be a pull of  4.0ml, correct?  Then 4.4, 4.8, 5.2, 5.6 ......

Thanks very much for your in site and help, it's greatly appreciated.

Your technique sounds pretty good and it seems like the pill is dissolving since the pill clump mixes so easily when swirled.  You might try giving it a gentle swirl once in a while over the eight hour period to help the K mix.

You've got the idea.  Right now you have control and you want to keep it that way.  Tapers are easier when we start from a good place and we work to preserve that.  What I think happens is when symptoms get rougher the more nasty and long-lived glutamate symptoms kick up.  If we can stay away from these and just deal with GABA the taper goes smoother, so stay out out out of the weeds!  A few mild and occasional symptoms are okay and are to be expected, but don't allow anything beyond that.

The daily journal is a great idea.  You could do a simple number rating for your symptom level each day.  For example, 0 to 5: 0 would be symptom free, 1 would be minimal/mild, 5 would be horrendous.

It is very early in your taper still.  I'm glad you'll keep going with 5%.  Look at it as a time to get used to tapering and settling into the process.  You're learning to read symptoms and getting the hang of the liquid.

If taking a dose causes symptoms to go away you might try adding another dose.  And yes, .4ml each day so 3.6, 4.0, 4.4, 4.8, and so on.

I feel generally good about the way things are going, although you'll want to watch those symptoms.  They are mild, and that's okay, but we don't want them to worsen.  If you ever feel you need to hold, by all means do it.

Thank you SG, So Appreciate the information, your experience.

Yes, the next dose does take away the symptoms. Today no skin burning , dull headache so still very minimal sx. Will keep doing what I've been and keep as positive as can about this whole LONG process.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi SG, Hope this finds you well.

An update and two questions my benzo math challenged brain needs help.

On July 17 I'll  have been at 5% pulls for one uneventful, sx wise month. My sx stayed few and the same. Intermittent  face skin burning, irritability and a new one, having difficulty falling  asleep so have used some  Benadryl a couple of times. So on 7/17 will increase my taper to 6% .

When I get to the point that I'm pulling  more than my daily liquid of 25ml of waste ,( will happen  on August 10th)  I'll  have reduced my daily total by .25mg. My question is my 25mg is the liquid daily portion of my total dose.  How do I continue making up my batch to pull more than 25 ml?

My total daily startkng dose  started at 2.5 mg. (dose is down now)  I take dry .75mg 3x/day = 2.25 mg.  Then take .5mg tab K dissolve in combo 50ml water /vodka. Then divide that into 2- 25 ml daily doses.  After that 25 ml is completed how do I continue to mix my liquid batch , And do I continue pulling 25.6, 26.2,  26.8

Thank you very much, sorry this gets confusing to me.

Hi SG, Hope this finds you well.

An update and two questions my benzo math challenged brain needs help.

On July 17 I'll  have been at 5% pulls for one uneventful, sx wise month. My sx stayed few and the same. Intermittent  face skin burning, irritability and a new one, having difficulty falling  asleep so have used some  Benadryl a couple of times. So on 7/17 will increase my taper to 6% .

When I get to the point that I'm pulling  more than my daily liquid of 25ml of waste ,( will happen  on August 10th)  I'll  have reduced my daily total by .25mg. My question is my 25mg is the liquid daily portion of my total dose.  How do I continue making up my batch to pull more than 25 ml?

My total daily startkng dose  started at 2.5 mg. (dose is down now)  I take dry .75mg 3x/day = 2.25 mg.  Then take .5mg tab K dissolve in combo 50ml water /vodka. Then divide that into 2- 25 ml daily doses.  After that 25 ml is completed how do I continue to mix my liquid batch , And do I continue pulling 25.6, 26.2,  26.8

Thank you very much, sorry this gets confusing to me.

Good job getting this far.  I'm pretty happy with how it has gone so far.  You'll be at 2.25mg and you want to know how to dose below that when you have three doses.  I like to use whole pills to make liquid so I'd probably go to dosing .5mg x3 dry pills for 1.5mg, then use three .5mg pills to make a two-day supply of liquid for the other .75mg wet.

So instead of .5mg in 50ml, use 1.5mg in 150ml.  Be sure to use enough vodka.  Split the 150ml into two 75ml and save one for the next day.  From the remaining 75ml, take you cut out then split it into three even doses.  The cut begins again at 0ml.  .75mg will be liquid so this will last for several months until you get to 1.5mg.

Be careful increasing your cut.  Remember that as you go down the monthly percentage is slowly climbing on its own.  Don't allow symptoms to get started.

SG, Thank you for doing the math, dose calculations for me. I tried it myself for a couple days with out being able to get 3 equal doses.

I'm beginning to understand, see how the math works to get the dosage wanted.  :)  genius actually!

At very beginning of my taper, I was under impression that I was tapering .5mg because was using a .5mg pill & 50ml liquid. But now see it was the 'daily' amount  .25 mg because each ml. in the solution equaled .01mg of K. .....and it's 25 ml. liquid I used each 'day', so was tapering off .25 mg K of my dose , just making  a double batch.

Why do I start pulling at zero again,  and do I figure the % of the amount I want to pull from the new daily total of 2.25mg?

SG, Thank you for doing the math, dose calculations for me. I tried it myself for a couple days with out being able to get 3 equal doses.

I'm beginning to understand, see how the math works to get the dosage wanted.  :)  genius actually!

At very beginning of my taper, I was under impression that I was tapering .5mg because was using a .5mg pill & 50ml liquid. But now see it was the 'daily' amount  .25 mg because each ml. in the solution equaled .01mg of K. .....and it's 25 ml. liquid I used each 'day', so was tapering off .25 mg K of my dose , just making  a double batch.

Why do I start pulling at zero again,  and do I figure the % of the amount I want to pull from the new daily total of 2.25mg?

Yes, always figure the percent from your current dose.  You've got it.  You tapered away .25mg and that is now gone forever!  Next, you'll lower your dry amount and to get the three doses even you'll need to liquify .75mg to make 2.25mg.  Then you'll commence getting rid of that liquid, which may take six months or so.

Try not to focus on how fast you are going.  Focus on keeping symptoms away.  You are doing good and have symptoms under control.  You want to keep it that way while going down.  The key is to stay out of the weeds.  Once you get into the weeds it gets trickier, so the key is to never go there in the first place.

• 9 months later...

SG, Hi, I want to give an update, has been since July 2016 that I've posted hope you're still available and doing well

Last post we had set up round two of my LT . I was down to 2.25mg from 2.5mg  and was starting to taper that down by .75m.  Well in  1 month, approximately depends how sx are going I'll have that .75 mg completed also. Will be down to 1.5mg from 2.5mg . Of K. 

Sx  so far have been pretty much the same ,  mild skin burning on face off and on, some insomnia, muscle twitches at times, light anxiety that flairs under more stressful situations All in all functional. I did have to start doing 5 day  holds for awhile until I checked the % of my daily total and it had got  8 % so I cut it back to 6% , the sx decreased and I've been able to steadily taper for 2 weeks.  You're definitly correct, throw away the calendar,  pay attention to sx.

When I get finished with this 75mg reduction can I run next calculations by you?  Thank you again for your support. 

Sounds like you are doing a great job. I'm glad you feel well. Stay out of the weeds at all costs and you will continue to have success.

A tip on cut rate - if you find you need to hold periodically, add those extra days into figuring your cut size. For example, let's say you cut  .005mg a day for 15 days then needed to hold 5 days. That means you recovered from a  .075mg cut in 20 days so a more appropriate cut is  .0038mg.

SG, I see how you did the math  for the cut rate. But what actually are you meaning by, ......' So a more appropriate cut is .0038mg' 

Are  you  telling me to adjust my cut at .0038mg if so how do I?  And too I'm dosing half pill half LT. 

SG, I see how you did the math  for the cut rate. But what actually are you meaning by, ......' So a more appropriate cut is .0038mg' 

Are  you  telling me to adjust my cut at .0038mg if so how do I?  And too I'm dosing half pill half LT.

The way you are doing it works so that is one way to do it.  But think about - in the example, we found you needed five extra days to recover from 15 days of cutting.  That means your cut was a little too big each day, and over those 15 days it got you out ahead of healing to a point that, on the 15th day you had to stop and wait five days to catch up.  This information shows your true pace - .0038mg/day.  Would it not be better to cut this size to begin with to be in harmony with your bodies healing rate?  Again, this is not required.  The way you are doing it works too.

Ahhhh, so the method you shared find's the  dosage more fine tuned to my bodies tolerable sx,  to an untolerable increase sx line,  instead of just arbitrarily picking out a % to decrease too?   

Also , is .0038  .004?  I'm not mathematically certain.

Thank you.       

I'm actually holding starting today .... after a 16 day pull @ .003mg but started to feel worse at day 14 (it kind of creeps up on me  then slam) experiencing muscle, joint pain, mental agitation, crying  so am holding til feel better.  So to figure the new % mathematicaly

.003 x 14 is .042mg. ..... then if takes 5 recovery days (for Ex.) I'd divide .042 by 19 days?  and get .0022105......  or .0022. 

Is that mean I should be pulling at .002?      Sorry so many ?  Just want to be sure to taper in a way that isn't changing doses all the time. So far that's not been the case. But the lower dose I get I feel stability is more important key to decreased sx.

Thanks again for your help, support! !

Ahhhh, so the method you shared find's the  dosage more fine tuned to my bodies tolerable sx,  to an untolerable increase sx line,  instead of just arbitrarily picking out a % to decrease too?   

Also , is .0038  .004?  I'm not mathematically certain.

Thank you.     

Exactly...you get it.  Your body is TELLING you the daily cut it is okay with.  Why would we not listen and make the change?

Yes, .0038mg rounds to .004mg.  Remember, this is the maximum cut your body is okay with so it pushes the edge.  You are free to cut smaller than this.

I'm actually holding starting today .... after a 16 day pull @ .003mg but started to feel worse at day 14 (it kind of creeps up on me  then slam) experiencing muscle, joint pain, mental agitation, crying  so am holding til feel better.  So to figure the new % mathematicaly

.003 x 14 is .042mg. ..... then if takes 5 recovery days (for Ex.) I'd divide .042 by 19 days?  and get .0022105......  or .0022. 

Is that mean I should be pulling at .002?      Sorry so many ?  Just want to be sure to taper in a way that isn't changing doses all the time. So far that's not been the case. But the lower dose I get I feel stability is more important key to decreased sx.

Thanks again for your help, support! !

Keep holding and stamp those symptoms out.  Don't let them get started.  It sounds like 14 days is a more accurate guide for you.  Good job listening to your body.  You'll know to react more quickly next time.

Your math is right on target... .002mg is the maximum cut for you.  This number will slowly get lower as your dose drops, but you will know when it gets used up, as you taper, by how how you feel.  Just pay attention to your symptoms.

Yes, staying out of symptoms is a key to all this and will actually get you off quicker and without glutamate damage.  Avoiding glutamate damage (symptoms) is the key to tapering.

• 4 months later...

Hi SG ,

Has been since April that I've posted. I think I may be in tolerance wd. In May I had extreme fatigue, went to my Dr. to get it checked...good thing too. It was not benzo related as I thought ( Not all SX are benzo)  but an 80% narrowed artery...got a stent but no heart attack, thankfully. 

I've been holding 3 months at 1.5 mg. due to a lot going on with rehab and life style changes. Well the possibility of tolerance wd has been in the back of my mind.  Last several days anxiety type sx and skin burning has increased farther away from the time my next dose is due and tonight I had a mini, brief anxiety attack, something I've not had in 5 years. So guess it's time to start tapering..... but wondering do I up dose a bit to get the sx under control, and would it even work and do I want to re taper again what I already have. 

I'm at 1.5 mg. Klonopin daily total. I'm tapering half liquid, half pill, 3x per day.  I figure I'd take the pill form .25mg (3×/day) but how do I mix the remaining .75mg in liquid to get it to equal 1ml equals 1mg?  Also I'm using Vodka to dissolve the Klonopin in.

Thank you for your help.  Hope you're doing well

To get 1ml = .01mg, you mix your .25mg pill in 25ml of liquid.  I like to do this too, the 1ml = .01mg, just because it's so much easier to understand intuitively.  You cut down 1ml, your dosage is down .01mg.    You're doing a great job making progress on your taper.  :thumbsup:

Thank you, GreenCup!  :)

I like to mix up a two day supply so could you check if my totals are correct?

First, I take a daily total of 1.5mg Klonopin... taken 1/2 pill form and 1/2 liquid ,  I dose 3x per day.

The pill amount I'll take is  .25mg.  3 times per day = .75mg ..  That leaves .75mg to take in liquid form..... that = my daily total of 1.5mg

My question, to clarify my liquid equation..... To get a 2 day supply of .75mg each day, I would take .....  3 - .5mg pills,  dissolve those in 150ml water, then divide the 150 ml into 2 doses to = .75ml each?  Would this give me my (liquid portion) .75mg per day?  I'd then divide the 75ml into 3 doses.

Has SG57 taken a break? He started me out from the start... I couldn't even add back then. lol  Hope he's doing well.

Thanks again, GreenCup  :)