Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Extreme fatigue support page

[Lo...]

Well, for an extreme fatigue thread I am very surprised all the people who are exercising. I cannot go from the bed to the bathroom without getting out of breath! I have been doing a lot more recently and not as bedridden but would be terrified to exercise other than yoga. I am just too darn fatigued. I feel like when I've had the flu and I'd tell people, "I feel like I got ran over by a truck". It's that bad. Some supplements have been helping, though: vitamin c (a lot!), grapeseed extract for my pancreas, adrenal glandular, phosphatadylserine, vitamin d and k, omega 3, ubiquinol, and my VSL 3 probiotic. I am shocked at how well I am tolerating these. I am also meditating and forcing relaxation and deep breathing. I do acupuncture once a week now and think that is helping. I will be 4 months out in a few weeks. I still have bad eye pain at times. I cannot tolerate sugar at all. The main issue remains the fatigue.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [bc...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for an extreme fatigue thread I am very surprised all the people who are exercising. I cannot go from the bed to the bathroom without getting out of breath! I have been doing a lot more recently and not as bedridden but would be terrified to exercise other than yoga. I am just too darn fatigued. I feel like when I've had the flu and I'd tell people, "I feel like I got ran over by a truck". It's that bad. Some supplements have been helping, though: vitamin c (a lot!), grapeseed extract for my pancreas, adrenal glandular, phosphatadylserine, vitamin d and k, omega 3, ubiquinol, and my VSL 3 probiotic. I am shocked at how well I am tolerating these. I am also meditating and forcing relaxation and deep breathing. I do acupuncture once a week now and think that is helping. I will be 4 months out in a few weeks. I still have bad eye pain at times. I cannot tolerate sugar at all. The main issue remains the fatigue.

Brooke, I think most of us have been where you are--bedbound or mostly so. Some of us cycle in and out of it but still have fatigue as a giant symptom. I've certainly spent some major time in bed and not able to function. I've worked up to being able to exercise over about 3 years very slowly and with some desperation in hopes it would help with sleep. But I still have days when all I can do is hobble between bed, recliner, and bathroom. It's a lousy feeling. You're still early. You'll see it ease up in the coming months. Look for any signs of improvement however small.

I was bed bound for the best part of a year & getting to the bathroom & standing for a shower felt like running a marathon.

I have recovered very good exercise tolerance at 33 months but even now, I can be struck with very occasional acute waves for a day or so where the fatigue is as bad as it ever was. I still find this symptom to be a head trip, its like a switch is thrown & i have not found a way to push myself through it. Once it passes, the feeling of overwhelming exhaustion remains incomprehensible again.

This has happened to me from very early in acute withdrawal. I would have very brief windows where the switch would be thrown back & i could do whatever I wanted for a few hours.

The whole window/wave phenomena seems to be unique to benzo withdrawal & it seems that it can take a very long time for our neurology to completely stabilise.

Its hard to feel optimistic when youre mostly in waves but as the windows increase it is much eqsier to believe you will have a full life again.

Hi Brookvale, im just experimenting with excersise now. I have really only just got back on my feet but very excersise intolerant. Pushing too hard throws me into a tailspin and fatigue is still an issue just not as intense. I was a total trainwreck for 6 months before i picked up. It does get better , hang in there.

Ihope , sorry you got hit so bad. Your experience gives me hope as im 7 months out and not so bedridden anymore. Maybe just maybe we will all make it lol  :thumbsup:

MT thanks for our little chat, was good to get a few things off my chest and to see things from a different perspective.

Hello my fellow BB'S!  :smitten:

I hope that everyone is getting some relief! I am still in a wave and I am sooo over this already!

Lockie, I too have been dealing with the horrid panic attacks, (The intensity definitely upped when I hit 5 months) it's sooo exhausting to say the least. However, I am 6 months out today..

Stay strong BB'S!! :hug: We gonna make it!  :smitten:

Blessed - HELLO MY OLD FRIEND!! I wondered where you went! I kind of were hoping you got lucky healed and were back with the normals.

Sorry you are getting hit again this whole WD process is an evil beast isnt it?

For me now the waves only seem to come when i over exert myself which is hard not to do now that im on my feet. Its a nasty catch 22 haha.

Anyway mate hope you are keeping well, make sure you keep in touch  :)

Hello my fellow BB'S!  :smitten:

I hope that everyone is getting some relief! I am still in a wave and I am sooo over this already!

Lockie, I too have been dealing with the horrid panic attacks, (The intensity definitely upped when I hit 5 months) it's sooo exhausting to say the least. However, I am 6 months out today..

Stay strong BB'S!! :hug: We gonna make it!  :smitten:

Blessed - HELLO MY OLD FRIEND!! I wondered where you went! I kind of were hoping you got lucky healed and were back with the normals.

Sorry you are getting hit again this whole WD process is an evil beast isnt it?

For me now the waves only seem to come when i over exert myself which is hard not to do now that im on my feet. Its a nasty catch 22 haha.

Anyway mate hope you are keeping well, make sure you keep in touch  :)

Thanks, and yes, this process is evil no doubt!

Stay strong! :hug:

Thanks everyone. The fatigue is frightening. I do link much of it to diet. I can't eat high fats, sugar, processed foods. Lots of clean low fat no sugar eating seems to be most helpful. Meditation and the supplements are really making an impact. I hate the waves but at least they are waves and I get windows!

Good evening all you warrior buddies!!

After reading thru the latest on the thread here, I just wanted to tell you all, your amazing and really courageous!  :thumbsup:

We all walk this CRAZY road in different ways, but we ARE walking it. We have not given up and we are fighting for our lives back, with every day, week and month that passes.

I just want you all to know, you are champions and winners in every way and you ARE becoming so strong thru this. I know I am and as next Monday comes and I hit 1 year...FINALLY! I just know, there is not too much that could kick me down again.

This experience sure makes you a stronger person and puts life in perspective. It has taught me to pick my battles wisely and not major in the minors anymore, if you know what I mean.  ;)

A whole life change as we come outta this more and more.

God bless you all and warrior on BB! YOUR AMAZING!  :smitten:

Lysa

Hi ML, congratulations on 1 year off buddie  :smitten: how are you doing?? judging by your post pretty well i think. Must be great to hit that milestone, nothing can stop you now!

Thankyou for this post im having a down day today after having a few good ones. Seems that my buddies on here always seem to post what i need to hear when im having a rough time and for that im forever grateful. Cheers!

MT i will respond to your PM when the cogfog clears up a bit  :D

Hi ML, congratulations on 1 year off buddie  :smitten: how are you doing?? judging by your post pretty well i think. Must be great to hit that milestone, nothing can stop you now!

Thankyou for this post im having a down day today after having a few good ones. Seems that my buddies on here always seem to post what i need to hear when im having a rough time and for that im forever grateful. Cheers!

MT i will respond to your PM when the cogfog clears up a bit  :D

Hi Lockie...I'm doing well, better and better. I had a rough patch last week with some awful depression, but thank God it was short lived. This things so crazy...you know how it is, when your in the middle of the thorny bushes, you never think you will escape, than when it clears, your like...WHAT the heck was that all about again...Now I feel better.  :idiot:

My daughter is getting married in May, so I am happily distracted with lots of planning. I'm not letting anything, especially this, steal my joy!

Thanks for the one year congrats...man has it been a loooooong 12 months. Your getting there too!  :thumbsup:

ml

Hello buddies , how are you all?

It was Australia Day yesterday which is a public holiday where basically everyone gets drunk and celebrates being an Aussie. After working through 3 panic attacks i made the 30 minute drive down to the beach and caught up with all my friends . Had a great day with the normals and they were super excited to see me as i kind of dropped off the face of the earth when i started my WD.

Had derealisation come and go during the day and one anxiety spike at about midday but apart from that did really well. At times i was actually  interacting as a normal human and actually connecting in my conversations. Im going to take that as a win and its amazing how we heal that slow we dont actually realise intill something like this happens.

Also i have read some really good things about inositol  (vitamin B8) and have started taking it dailey as of yesterday. Apparantly it is kind of a nerve tonic and helps you nerve pathways communicate correctly so far so good , i get a bit sleepy for an hour after i take it but definitely seem alot calmer during the day. It takes a few weeks to take full effect after it builds up so ill keep you all posted on my progress.

Keep strong buddies.......... one day at a time

Hello buddies , how are you all?

It was Australia Day yesterday which is a public holiday where basically everyone gets drunk and celebrates being an Aussie. After working through 3 panic attacks i made the 30 minute drive down to the beach and caught up with all my friends . Had a great day with the normals and they were super excited to see me as i kind of dropped off the face of the earth when i started my WD.

Had derealisation come and go during the day and one anxiety spike at about midday but apart from that did really well. At times i was actually  interacting as a normal human and actually connecting in my conversations. Im going to take that as a win and its amazing how we heal that slow we dont actually realise intill something like this happens.

Also i have read some really good things about inositol  (vitamin B8) and have started taking it dailey as of yesterday. Apparantly it is kind of a nerve tonic and helps you nerve pathways communicate correctly so far so good , i get a bit sleepy for an hour after i take it but definitely seem alot calmer during the day. It takes a few weeks to take full effect after it builds up so ill keep you all posted on my progress.

Keep strong buddies.......... one day at a time

Hello Lockie! :smitten:

Glad you are getting...some...relief! This is a long rough battle for sure. Lots of crazy twists and turns. Thankfully I'm not "as" fatigued as I was but now (as of last night), I have a new sxs (alomg with many other old ones still present) that cropped up (severe anal spasms...soooooo painful!!) Anyway, enough about me...I hope that we all are healed soon!

Stay strong BB'S!! :hug:

Thats the first time ive heard of that symptom and doesn't sound like much fun! Hope you anus sorts itself out soon blessed  :D

Thanks! In due time it will cause as the saying goes, "time is what it takes".

:hug:

Today started out really rough and I expected it to be a useless day. But I decided to push myself to go to the gym for 50 minutes and do some things when I came home. Oddly, I started feeling better, not so exhausted and was able to interact with normals at a lecture then dinner. Like Lockie's experience, I think it can really be worth it to push through some of this. However, there's a difference between trying to push through a fruit roll up wall and an concrete wall. With the latter I think we're usually better off resting until the wall becomes permeable.

So good to hear you made yourself go and could enjoy some of it. You are getting there, don't ever doubt that! I remember totally faking it for so long in social situations. Im not even sure how I did that, but I did  :thumbsup:

Hi BB's.....So sorry that everyone is still having all these issues....these symptoms just never seem to leave.  But we will get thru this eventually....just seems like it is baby steps to get there.  Lockie...nice to hear that you were able to enjoy the festivities.  It is so amazing when we are able to accomplish something.....something that at one time seemed so easy to do.   

Hope everyone has some great windows real soon and begin to feel better and better with each new day.  So frustrating when we have no control over what symptoms will come at us.  But all we can do is move forward....we will get thru this....one day at a time.

Sending healing hugs and thoughts to all....... :smitten:

Hey everyone ,

How are you all? Hope you are all in windows and safe and well! Been awhile so thought i would drop in. Things seem to be getting a bit better. On my good days i am generally quite active now and on my bad days im definitely not as bad. It still feels like my body is a dead corpse but i can still manage to get a few things done and i can go to the shops without panic attacks. That in itself is a huge step.  I have been in a wave for the last 3 days but still managed to stay semi functional which has never happened before.  :thumbsup:

Im still majorly frustrated that i have put on so much weight and cant do anything about it. I cant stand to look at myself in the mirror anymore. This is the major cause for anxiety as im well overweight and used to be really athletic but I dont get the fear of dying anymore either thank god.

Overall there is a slow but steady improvement , very frustrating how slow its happening but it is happening and thats the main thing.

Hope you all are keeping well!!

Hi Lockie.....glad to hear that you are seeing improvements day by day.  It will get better and better as time goes on.  We will get thru this...we will.

Last week, I had 4 days where I had windows in the mid-afternoon and evening.  It was such a relief to actually feel so much like myself again....but then they were slammed shut and the wave is getting worse now.  Right now I have bad anxiety...shaking....breathlessness....head/eye/sinus pressure and very sore hand, arm and leg muscles.  Everyday, it is the same thing....sometimes a bit of fatigue and depression but that has become less severe.  So I am hoping for another window real soon. 

Hoping you feel better every day.    Wishing  big, bright windows for all ...healing hugs and thoughts to alll........ :hug::smitten:

I believe I have solved some of my extreme fatigue issues through supplementation and diet. I was having bedridden waves like clockwork. I couldn't get out of bed for 5 days, then would have a window where I'd feel maybe 50% for a week then the wave then the window. I haven't been bedridden in a month though I am still super fatigued. I updated my benzo log to explain what I've been doing and my theories: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=146289.0

Hi everyone,

Its very quiet around here i hope its because you are getting better! Its coming up 8 months for me now so i guess im getting into the "later stages" of recovery.

Things have really been looking up lately. I had a window yesterday for about an hour where i had 95% mental clarity. I couldnt believe it! I actually had forgotten what it felt like to be normal and made me realise my brain will recover.

Although still symptomatic things are getting alot easier. At the moment im getting my work trailer ready to start doing small rental maintenance jobs and once im better will venture back into the underground mining industry. Its great to be thinking about the future again rather than just trying to make it through the day :)

My waves only last a few days now and mainly consist of fatigue and mild anxiety . My average days i can function but its still a major push to get through the day and my very few good days im on my feet no sweat  :thumbsup:

Anyway just wanted to say hi. I am thinking about you all please drop in and let me know how your doing!!!!

Keep strong everybody, one day at a time  :)

I was doing so much better then got the flu this week from my 4 yr old. Needless to say it is by far one of the worst flues ever. I didn't get the flu shot this year because a few years ago I had a meningitis like reaction following the shot. I should've just gone with the preservative free. I hope this passes soon. Thanks for your optimism Locke. It's wonderful to hear you'll be heading back to work.

Hi Lockie......wow....things are getting better and better for you....I am so thrilled for you....and a 95% window....that's awesome.  Hope that when I get to month 8,  I will be feeling better, too.  Right now, I am in a wave with much anxiety, head/eye pressure pain, breathlessness and a bit of fatigue.  I also have some body aches and pains, mainly in hands, arms and legs.  Have been praying for a window to get some relief.    It is very exhausting trying to plow thru this every day.  But I know that there is hope because I did have a few small windows and it was wonderful.  It seems that it was just a dream....I have to keep asking hubby if I really had those windows or was I dreaming. 

So good to hear that you are getting things ready for going back to work...that is great.    It gives me hope that maybe by 8 months I will be able to be more functional and having less waves and much more windows. 

Wishing you healing every day and soon you will be back to the "Lockie" you used to be.  Sending healing hugs and thoughts your way....... :smitten:

Lockie, so glad to hear of the progress with your symptoms. You're viewing the future with hope and boldly going towards it. We're all cheering you on.

Brooke, the flu in wd stinks! I hope it passes relatively quickly. Please be gentle with yourself and take extra good care of yourself while you're recovering.

Bcalm, that's good that you're experiencing some windows. Use those times to bolster your courage and remind yourself that this will pass.

This week I've felt like my stamina is a bit better for getting things done. It still seems to me like I have absurdly low stress tolerance. What feels like an overwhelming amount to do is nothing to others. So I need to keep reminding myself to not compare myself to others and look for what's better. While my anxiety overall is better, it's been pretty rough at work. Some of that may be the sleep deprivation. I keep pressing on, like all of you, looking forward to when the window is always open.