Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Extreme fatigue support page

[Lo...]

Sorry Translator, You have been through a lot. I hope you continue to recover.

Lockie: Thanks for the update. Its scary to think that people suffer for so many years. I am basically in a Chronic Fatigue syndrome type of scenario.

I have had a few windows which gives me hope.

This drug has been a bear.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [bc...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Lockie: Thanks for the update. Its scary to think that people suffer for so many years. I am basically in a Chronic Fatigue syndrome type of scenario.

I can see you are getting to the end of your taper. Best advise i can give is slow it down and listen to your body. I ended up protracted because i got impatient and jumped too early. Taper to 0mg and slow your taper and aim to stay functional, its a marathon not a sprint so pace yourself

Hi Linni! Thanks, for your reply! When, I hardly get to the bathroom, I think it will be like this forever. But today, it feels a little bit better, and I'm not as exhausted. This, is hard to explain to others, especially if it is going on month after month. In addition, sometimes you get worse. I hope, you will soon feel a little bit better! :)

Hi Folks,

I am another one suffer from awful fatigue and weakness.  Things are complicated because I have hypothyroidism and I need to do another blood test soon.  I also have horrific DR and very dizzy.  But despite the fatigue I cannot sleep without meds/supplements. Its nice to see others on this thread.

Some people talk about exercise to speed up recovery.  I can barely walk to the end of the garden.

Take care all

Careful with exercise,  if you are going to try it start very slow. I tried at various times during WD and got slammed. Im not saying dont try as it definitely helps some people just be wary and dont push the body if its not coping well. Good luck!

Hi,

Looking @ your sig said CBD oil setback intrusive thoughts.

Can you explain please?

You were off in paws, took CBD oil with or without thc? & got intrusive thoughts?

How has the rest of your paws been?

Thanks be well, SC

I can see you are getting to the end of your taper. Best advise i can give is slow it down and listen to your body. I ended up protracted because i got impatient and jumped too early. Taper to 0mg and slow your taper and aim to stay functional, its a marathon not a sprint so pace yourself

Hi Fatiguers of 2018

I have read your posts with interest. You poor things....life stops. Few others can imagine or empathise.

Need to update my personal details but am now off Benzos, Nexium and as of one month ago, Zoloft.

A 7 year journey.

Fatigue struck  first time ever , 3 weeks ago. Have had everything else over the years but this is new, a Zoloft rebound thing (?) on top of an underlying autoimmune thingy as yet unidentified).

Can hardly walk to the toilet, only have a shower every few days (LOL) and aside from occasional window where I can walk to the kitchen, cannot MOVE.

Thus Cant drive, shop, go anywhere.

Has any of you taken anything natural  that has made a difference? Anyone tried magnesium?

Viking

Hi Fatiguers of 2018

I have read your posts with interest. You poor things....life stops. Few others can imagine or empathise.

Need to update my personal details but am now off Benzos, Nexium and as of one month ago, Zoloft.

A 7 year journey.

Fatigue struck  first time ever , 3 weeks ago. Have had everything else over the years but this is new, a Zoloft rebound thing (?) on top of an underlying autoimmune thingy as yet unidentified).

Can hardly walk to the toilet, only have a shower every few days (LOL) and aside from occasional window where I can walk to the kitchen, cannot MOVE.

Thus Cant drive, shop, go anywhere.

Has any of you taken anything natural  that has made a difference? Anyone tried magnesium?

Viking

Hi Viking, first off i want to say congratulations on being med free. 7 years tapering is a mammoth effort. Much respect to you my friend.i tried magnesium for a little while and like all supplements i tried over the years it turned on me. Healthy diet and plenty of rest is the only way i found to combat benzo WD symptoms. Unfortunately this wont fix you but will make the journy easier while you heal

Hi,

Can you explain please?

You were off in paws, took CBD oil with or without thc? & got intrusive thoughts?

Thanks be well, SC

Unwanted thoughts coming into your mind. Kind of like your sub consious projecting dark thoughts into your conscious. Its a horrible symptom. For me it comes and goes but apart from that and a little bit of anxiety mentally i am healed.

I used cannabis cbd but im pretty sure it was a bad batch that threw me into a tailspin. No supps since then

Thanks Lockie, I appreciate your pat on the back. As a veteran yourself, you understand, ha!!!!

May I enquire how the magnesium turned on you?

Viking

Thanks Lockie, I appreciate your pat on the back. As a veteran yourself, you understand, ha!!!!

May I enquire how the magnesium turned on you?

Viking

It helped with muscle pain for a bit but noticed after awhile getting jittery then my baseline anxiety skyrocketed to the point of being unable to function. After i stopped it i was back to "normal" (lol) within a week

Hi,

Can you explain please?

Thanks be well, SC

Unwanted thoughts coming into your mind. Kind of like your sub consious projecting dark thoughts into your conscious. Its a horrible symptom. For me it comes and goes but apart from that and a little bit of anxiety mentally i am healed.

I used cannabis cbd but im pretty sure it was a bad batch that threw me into a tailspin. No supps since then

So you’ve had intrusive thoughts as part of paws even without the CBD?

You feel you got a bad batch of CBD?

Did CBD ever help you in this process?

You feel you tapered too fast but are basically healed now?

Thanks

Hi,

Can you explain please?

Thanks be well, SC

So you’ve had intrusive thoughts as part of paws even without the CBD?

You feel you got a bad batch of CBD?

Did CBD ever help you in this process?

You feel you tapered too fast but are basically healed now?

Thanks

Intrusive thoughts are a very common symptom of PAWS so you arnt alone. I had them very mild every now and then during WD over the years but nothing like after i took the cbd oil. Yes i believe is was a bad batch and had a wild few months after it .

I am mostly healed now but still struggle with strength / stamina issues and muscle pain.

I noticed in this thread that magnesium can backfire.  It hasn't for me--yet.  I had the reverse experience, trying to give it up, but being hit with worse fatigue.  So everybody's body does differ in the way that benzo withdrawal treats us.

• 2 months later...

Update -

I am still battling horrendous and debilitating fatigue and weakness. I have results from doctors coming in 2 days. I'm starting to wonder if this is autoimmune or something like CFS/ME in addition to withdrawal or if I just have a really bad case.

It's hard for me to do anything without being tired. My baseline is decreasing after a few setbacks from supplements and doing too much.

I just take it one day at a time.

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone its Lockie here. I started this group all those years ago. I was an extreme case and unfortunately brutal fatigue plagued me for years amongst everything else. I just wanted to drop in and let you all know my fatigue has gone 100%. My energy levels are back to normal and there is an end to this madness even for the long term sufferers.

Only advice I can really give is get your bloods done at least once a year and have a healthy diet, your body will do the rest in good time. Meanwhile try and keep your mind occupied which is easier said than done.

I have one symptom left which is body aches and hoping that resolves soon. I am very close to completely healed.

Keep strong my friends and do what you can to get through the days, you will get better

• 7 months later...

Just wanted to say Doc started me on 10mgs of V on 9.23.19. I've never been on it before. We are doing a substitution taper. I was able to go down to .5 K at the same time. My next appointment is Oct 18th. I have had many issues before about incredible sleepiness since starting to detox but have never successfully napped in the day much. Now I do; no problem. It comes on me between 7pm to 8pm & not every day, but alot. My eyelids physically start falling down. So I nap for one to two hours. I read about V a bit & saw it often has this effect. So, I am not worried & I'm under the impression it is good for me. The fatigue during other parts of the day are way more problematic & disheartening. But, some days are OK & some are harder; kind of the usual I guess. I don't have nightmares per se but usually have what I call creepy dreams during both the naps & regular night-time sleep. Those dreams are sort of distressing but I have had to accept them. I love to read & just alittle while ago I was unable to read with the eyelids starting to close so I napped instead. I have a great book so that was alittle annoying. I guess it will pass in time. Thanks. :sleepy:

Hi, had an awful wave of extreme fatigue this morning.  This afternoon was quite a bit better, till another wave of fatigue hit me again. Twice in one day, never had that happen to me before. I have Fibromyalgia and read today, that CFS /ME often comes with the package, as well as IBS. How lucky can you get... :(

Hi Trochsetter!

I'm really sorry about your health issues. I can relate to the fatigue & IBS. As you say, not fun. I know everyone reacts to different things individually. For myself, the fatigue does come & go. There were terrible long phases of it for years, off & on. I just went through one as I mentioned. For some reason, yesterday & so far today have been much better. I can never say why. It could all go downhill again quickly. Sometimes going outside helps but sometimes it doesn't. As for the IBS, for me, wow...very socially isolating, difficult, painful, humiliating, etc. It also gets better at times. So I have alot of sympathy for you! Please take care of yourself! :oXo:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Anneth,  Thanks for your kind words. Sorry I took so long to reply. Hope you're doing a bit better. You're right about the IBS. I' m on a quite restricted diet because of it. How I would like to eat something "nice" every now and then. But doing that would only bring extra suffering.  Not worth it. As with you, my fatigue comes and goes for no reason. Awful!  Hope we get to open a large window soon. Stay strong.

• 4 months later...

Hi. I know i'm jumping in kind of late, but since varely anyone replied to my posts, i hope i can find some answers here.

Hi all. I'm a new buddie forced to cold turkey 3 mg of estazolam around 25 days ago because the pschyatrist had the week full of apointments until the next and didn't wanna fill me the prescription again unless i pay her for a query.  I wanted to ask, did any of you got hypersomnia/chronic fatigue/excessive daytime sleepiness even after sleeping 7/8/9/sometimes more hours after? Did it clear up and got better after some time? Got this since 3 days ago...it's such a strange feeling of tiredness i got scared because i thought "how can i feel this way after sleeping this much"? Sadly, since i suffer from insomnia, i can not take naps. Even after getting a good night sleep with remeron, i still feel crazy fatigue all day and wish to nap so bad yet i can't. It sucks. I'm praying to hear succesful outcomes. 🙏

Hitting base with you guys again.  30 months off and the fatigue is brutal but it does not help to improve my sleep.  Is your fatigue sooooooo bad it almost gives you anxiety???

And does anyone have adrenal fatigue because of this - low cortisol.?

Take care guys

Hi. I know i'm jumping in kind of late, but since varely anyone replied to my posts, i hope i can find some answers here.

Hi all. I'm a new buddie forced to cold turkey 3 mg of estazolam around 25 days ago because the pschyatrist had the week full of apointments until the next and didn't wanna fill me the prescription again unless i pay her for a query.  I wanted to ask, did any of you got hypersomnia/chronic fatigue/excessive daytime sleepiness even after sleeping 7/8/9/sometimes more hours after? Did it clear up and got better after some time? Got this since 3 days ago...it's such a strange feeling of tiredness i got scared because i thought "how can i feel this way after sleeping this much"? Sadly, since i suffer from insomnia, i can not take naps. Even after getting a good night sleep with remeron, i still feel crazy fatigue all day and wish to nap so bad yet i can't. It sucks. I'm praying to hear succesful outcomes. 🙏

Sleep 7, 8, or 9 hours?? Heck, I'd be really excited to sleep 2!! It's amazing how this whole ordeal effects so many people in so many different ways. Fatigue is definitely a huge challenge and I so often feel the need to nap in the afternoon, but my body just won't let it happen. I get really sleepy, but I just haven't yet been able to drop down to full sleep mode. I just do my best to do other things or at least try to not think about current circumstances at any given moment. We'll all reach our finish line though!! Just need to take things a step at a time while not dwelling in the past or worrying about the future. Best to all!!

Taking a nap is impossible in my case. I can never fall asleep,  but only get a strange feeling in my head after about ten minutes and then get extremely exhausted. It's really scary. I just have to get up. After about ten more minutes things have mostly settled down again. My sleep at night is getting worse too: lately waking up around 3.30 am to nausea and stomach pain. I feel so worn out. Pain, nausea, anxiety are all draining so much energy.