Extreme fatigue support page

[Lo...]

Taking a nap is impossible in my case. I can never fall asleep,  but only get a strange feeling in my head after about ten minutes and then get extremely exhausted. It's really scary. I just have to get up. After about ten more minutes things have mostly settled down again. My sleep at night is getting worse too: lately waking up around 3.30 am to nausea and stomach pain. I feel so worn out. Pain, nausea, anxiety are all draining so much energy.

Well, I'm glad you're holding. 3:30am seems to be a killer time for so many of us. Not sure why, but that's a "popular" time when we wake up and get blown out of bed for some reason. Intense exhaustion, but I can't seem to really fall back asleep. Feels like my heart is going to jump out of my chest on top of other goodies. There can be times when I go to bed and feel really calm, but the magical 3:30am thing still pops up. Really weird, but so it be's. I'm holding too. Next!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [bc...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Almost every evening I feel "normal". Often almost tempted to stop taking my poison pills. But every night the awful benzo truth wakes me up at "stupid o'clock"  and lets me know I 'm still deep in this shit. Awful.

Hitting base with you guys again.  30 months off and the fatigue is brutal but it does not help to improve my sleep.  Is your fatigue sooooooo bad it almost gives you anxiety???

And does anyone have adrenal fatigue because of this - low cortisol.?

Take care guys

Get your Vitamin B levels checked, soon as i corrected this issue things got alot easier.

Joining this thread, as fatigue is lately one of my symptoms, together with the good old relentless anxiety. I have to do a lot of stuff so fatigue really scares me.

Ultra, I really like your positive attitude in every thread.

Hey, hey :)

I am having some trouble with the 4.5 V level. I updosed to .5 from 4 over a week ago. I called Doc to tell him. He said to go right ahead & stay at 4.5 V for now. I go to bed about midnight. If I go earlier I will just keep waking up earlier one to three times a night. The last wakeup right now is between 5 & 5:30a. Then I can't fall back asleep. Actually 5a is my most common body reveille. If I went to bed earlier I'm sure it would become 4am. The 5a wakeup is often accompanied by a sudden rise in body heat that takes awhile to pass. Maybe I am not very bright but lately I thought of timing my dosages differently. I'm sure everyone else thought of this long ago. I used to take the whole 4.5 V & .5 K all at once at bedtime. The past few nights I took the  .5 K & 2 V at bedtime. At the 5am wakeup call I took the rest of the dosage...2.5 V & stayed in bed. It seemed to make no difference at first. The last two nights have been better & I went into a drowse state for another 2 or 2 and a half hours. It's not a deep sleep but I do feel WAY better. I can experiment with this too. There were times I couldn't nap but now I can, off & on. Sometimes it's more like drowsing. The naps are not like regular sleep. But it does help! For two days I was almost non-functional before this started to work to some degree. I have alot of stuff to do too, so it is very worrisome. Talking to people becomes very disjointed & I feel unfocused & glazed over. But we all do our best! The sleep thing is always a blister for everyone it seems. When I do feel better it is a whole different world. Sleep is such a blessing.            Cheers! :smitten:

Joining this thread, as fatigue is lately one of my symptoms, together with the good old relentless anxiety. I have to do a lot of stuff so fatigue really scares me.

Ultra, I really like your positive attitude in every thread.

:thumbsup:

Hi, still having days of unbelievable exhaustion. Followed by days with hardly any tiredness. Crazy. No clue why this happens. Makes me feel desperate at times.

• 1 month later...

Hi Tweed,

Recognise everything you mention. The extreme fatigue together with anxiety is so exhausting. Waking up tired beyond believe. Feeling you're going to fall. Or faint. The minute I get up my cheeks are on fire from sheer exhaustion. As you say, the tiniest thing is so hard to do. Taking a shower is hell. Hope we may get better soon.

I don't manage my fatigue.  I just hope and pray and wait for it to go away.

What I noticed is when I have lots of fatigue, I usually don't have a lot of muscle pain. When the pain is back, the fatigue becomes less.

Anyone recognise this?

Stay strong.

When I hit the last 20% of my starting dose I was hit by this freight train of fatigue. Been doing this for the last four months and had to slow my taper way down. It's my major symptom that doesn't go away. It fluctuates in severity but is always there. I accepted it early and rest whenever my body says too. As debilitating as it is, I'd rather have this than insomnia.

It makes me so weak. Sometimes I literally can't raise my arms.  Steps are the worst. I can barely get up them sometimes.

I have spent most of the last four months in bed. My husband has to bring me my meals some of the time and if I do feel like doing something I tire very easily. I have to watch how much I do because if I overdo it I'll end up in bed for days. Uggg

I don't know if I manage it as much as accept it. This is what it's going to be like for me for a long while. I manage what I do though. I try to do one small task. I get that done and see if I feel like doing another. I have to break each task down. I want to clean the kitchen, okay clean one counter. Then rest. Do another counter. Then rest.

Once I accepted that this is a symptom and I'm going to have to live with it for the foreseeable future, I became ok with it. Don't get me wrong, it's awful and changed how I live my life for the time being. But there isn't much I can do but take care of myself.

Hi. I know i'm jumping in kind of late, but since varely anyone replied to my posts, i hope i can find some answers here.

Hi all. I'm a new buddie forced to cold turkey 3 mg of estazolam around 25 days ago because the pschyatrist had the week full of apointments until the next and didn't wanna fill me the prescription again unless i pay her for a query.  I wanted to ask, did any of you got hypersomnia/chronic fatigue/excessive daytime sleepiness even after sleeping 7/8/9/sometimes more hours after? Did it clear up and got better after some time? Got this since 3 days ago...it's such a strange feeling of tiredness i got scared because i thought "how can i feel this way after sleeping this much"? Sadly, since i suffer from insomnia, i can not take naps. Even after getting a good night sleep with remeron, i still feel crazy fatigue all day and wish to nap so bad yet i can't. It sucks. I'm praying to hear succesful outcomes. 🙏

Im sorry that they CT'd you.

Right now I'm not suffering from insomnia but yes, the fatigue is overwhelming even after sleeping. I often have to spend an entire day in bed because it's exhausting just to get up. If I can't nap I try an lay down and relax as much as possible.

My schedule pretty much is like this. Sleep 8 hours, awake four hours, rest an hour, sleep 2 hours, up 6 hours, rest etc.

I'm still tapering and have had this symptom for the last four months so I can't tell you that it's getting better. I have another year on my taper. Fighting the fatigue makes it worse for me, so I just give in and rest as much as I can. Some days are worse than others.

The only thing I could do is accept it and plan my days accordingly. Not everyone has that luxury to rest all the time. I also see a psychologist and she really helps me come to terms with accepting these stupid symptoms. Telling me if I can't do anything then it's ok. It's what I need to do.

I just came to accept it as a part of my life, but it took me awhile to figure out what made it worse or better. Not fighting it made it much better.  pushing myself to do things made it worse.

I don't know if that helped or not.

• 6 months later...

Has everyone healed from their fatigue? I've been dealing with this for the last 3 years during my taper and I'm constantly worries something is horribly wrong with me!

I had a failed Klonopin taper before this but was reinstated and went straight back to tapering could this be why I'm so bad, have I been kindled?  I lay in bed all day long and force myself up every hour or two and walk around the house but my heart pounds and races everytime. 

I can not work anymore and havent left the house in months.

Hello DMW,

Sorry to hear you're still suffering!  Hope you may improve soon!

After I started taking  Paxil 20 mgs last May, my health anxiety went away,  I started to sleep much better, the daily nausea stopped and thankfully the extreme fatigue and exhaustion stopped completely!

Since then I started to ride my bike again and did over 600 miles sofar! Am going for a 20 minute walk every day.

I never thought I 'd live to see the day this would happen again, but it did!

So, keep hoping for better days!

Best of luck to you.

Hello DMW,

Sorry to hear you're still suffering!  Hope you may improve soon!

After I started taking  Paxil 20 mgs last May, my health anxiety went away,  I started to sleep much better, the daily nausea stopped and thankfully the extreme fatigue and exhaustion stopped completely!

Since then I started to ride my bike again and did over 600 miles sofar! Am going for a 20 minute walk every day.

I never thought I 'd live to see the day this would happen again, but it did!

So, keep hoping for better days!

Best of luck to you.

Thank you for responding and I'm glad to hear you are doing better, this gives me hope that I can too recover and heal.

For all you fatigue sufferers. If you haven't tried zinc please give it a go. It instantly cured mine and even took away the food fatigue. I take jarrow brand 15mg 1mg copper in it. If you do have it with food as it can make you nauseus on empty stomach.

For all you fatigue sufferers. If you haven't tried zinc please give it a go. It instantly cured mine and even took away the food fatigue. I take jarrow brand 15mg 1mg copper in it. If you do have it with food as it can make you nauseus on empty stomach.

I'm happy to hear you found something that has helped.

How bad was your fatigue? I find it evetremly hard to be on my feet for more than an hour these days.

My fatigue wasn't really from muscle weakness like that it was just my whole system was weak and I felt sooo tired all the time. After food even if it was healthy I'd have to lay down for an hour to process it.

My fatigue wasn't really from muscle weakness like that it was just my whole system was weak and I felt sooo tired all the time. After food even if it was healthy I'd have to lay down for an hour to process it.

Could you work or so any physical activity at all?

• 10 months later...
Please help me!!! 😭😭😭 EXTREME SLEEPINESS 247 TERRIFIED I HAVE NOROCEPSY OR HOWEVER YOU SPELL IT 😭😭😭 ER DR CALLING IT EXCESSIVE DAYTIME SLEEPINESS 😭😭😭

• Popular Now