Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Extreme fatigue support page

[Lo...]

Hi guys. I'm glad to read that you are making progress, but I'm still tapering and it's soooo scary to think that I will still be having severe symptoms months or years after jumping. I figure I have another year left to taper. I'm heartbroken that I won't have my life back for years - if that. But, again, I'm glad you are doing better.

MirandaJane

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [bc...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi MJ,

Not everyone is as sensitive as me so please dont let that scsre you. Yes its a long hard road but you will be better off for it. Hang in there buddie

Lockie - thanks for your encouragement. But I am really sensitive to withdrawal, too, and though I try not to expect the worst, I am fearful (big surprise - withdrawal sx). I didn't think I would have to go this slow when I started my taper, so it's been a long, miserable process. Benzo Buddies keeps me going.

MirandaJane

I'm glad I found this thread because this tiredness and fatique has got me totally upset. I feel like I should be put in a nursing home. I sleep off and on all day....usually get a little energy at night but not enough to do anything. I even have a hard time taking a shower. I have reverted to wipes to clean myself. I lie in bed and wash myself all over, I feel like an invalid....I also have the fear of getting in the shower which doesn't help much. I am still on 15 mg. of valium and have been holding for months hoping I would stabilize, but it's not happening. The depression and anxiety is over whelming that's why sleep is a escape from this torture. I really need some uplifting support because my family has given up on me, they just don't believe that this drug is doing this to me and feel like I should just be able to suck it up and get on with life.  :'(

Nancy

Jaddy - I wish I could help with your fatigue and other issues, but all I can offer is my understanding and sympathy. I, too, lie in bed most of the day, watching the world go by outside my window. I get up to feed myself (nausea and gastroparesis has made me lose too much weight and I am in danger of dropping below 100 pounds). I never stabilized either, but kept cutting anyway because it was the only way out of this mess. I'm down to 6.9 mg. valium now, down from 17 mg. plus some Ativan a year ago. My psychologist and doctor have me on low-dose lithium and it has helped with sx.

I can't say what your path should be, but I hope you can find peace and move forward. Buddies are here for you.

MirandaJane

Jady, I too hear your distress, I am so sorry you are suffering so much  :'( It is so difficult to be up against such a "controversial situation", actually it's not even controversial when it's been swept under the carpet... but benzo withdrawal is real and this debilitating fatigue sadly is too. It is especially difficult when family seem to "give up" on us... so many of us are suffering alone, only BB Friends know what it is like, yet we all have different journeys in benzo withdrawal as well. Our situations are temporary though, we need to keep that in mind... as difficult as imagining getting our lives back may be, we will make it back into life.

An especially "fatigued day" for me today, not a great night last night... I hope to get my (now) "normal" level of energy (not much but still!!!) back tomorrow... we shall see how the fatigue fares as I get down to 1mg K in 10 days of MT... and possibly hold for a little...

We are our number one priority right now, keep taking care of yourselves BB Friends :hug:

Dear MirandaJaneand Julz,

Thank You for your replies, I really appreciate your answering my post. Yes this is so hard, in fact it's the hardest thing that I have ever been through in my life. I'm older, will be 71 in June and this is not the way I had planned to spend my retirement. I have missed out on so many occasions that I could just cry. I also having a swallowing problem so I can only drink liquids. I am working on trying to get that corrected but it's so hard going out to doctor appointments when you are feeling so tired and sick. I read on the Internet that chronic use of Benzo's could cause my swallowing problem. I was on K for over 20 years.....had no problems until I hit tolerance 3 years ago and had to take more and more to relieve the anxiety.....went into rehab for 4 days and they took me off K and put me on V. Didn't wean me over just stopped the K c/t and sent me home....that was last March and I am no better than I was back than, if anything I'm worse with my sx's. But all I can do is fight with all that's in me and pray.

I pray that both of you get better as each day passes. It's good to know that you are here to talk to, I am here for you also.

Jaddy :smitten:

Jaddy, I am 67 and can relate to the sorrow over losing what I thought would be good retirement years. I hope your swallowing problem clears up as you get off benzos. Yes, going to the doctor is tough for me too. I'm afraid to drive, due to benzo withdrawal, so I'm fortunate that my husband can get off work early to drive me to appointments. But I still hate going. I'm a wreck by the time I get home. And doctors can't do anything to help my stomach or my tapering anyway. It's awful what they did to you in rehab. A friend gave me a saying, "You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." Hang on, and hope for better days.

MirandaJane

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys ,  i know this this thread is dying but just wanted to check in with my old buddies and see how you are doing? Im coming up a year now and seem to be in the sensativity stage.

My symptoms are definatly more managable and only really have a flare up when i push too hard which i do every week lol. Im working half days 3 days in a row during the week then ive generally have to take it easy for 4 days and thats my week. I should probably back off a bit but i am getting a certain quality of life back and kind of have it in my head the harder i push the sooner i will heal but i think thats more of an excuse because im so sick of the couch!!

My symptoms left are the same for the last 3 months - Mild anxiety, DR , soreness and fatigue BUT i only get slammed after i push too hard otherwise they are still there but more mild and i can still function reasonably well.

Anyway feel free to respond as i am keen to see how you are going  as i haven't spoken to you all in a long time  :)

Keep strong buddies, we got this  :thumbsup:

Hey Lockie. I like this thread. If you do not mind I need to vent a little. One of my symptoms I have is fatigue. The others are anxiety and heart palpitation (to make things more interesting). The fatigue is brutal. Physical and mental weakness that interferes with everything.

What frustrates me the most, are the opinions of the doctors that I see about the fatigue. One says its the anxiety, another says depression. One says it's the prozac, another says clonazepam. One says not enough exercise, another says low iron. You get the picture. They never ask what do I think, and when I think about it, I don't know what to think anymore...

All I know for sure is how I feel, and the only way I can describe it, is like having a flu every day. Another thing that I know for sure is that, I started experiencing fatigue when I begun taking medications 23 years ago. Before that I was fine. Well not fine but you know what I mean.

So now I'm stuck in this mess. Trying to taper off one medication at a time only to find out I was tapering too quickly. I try to be patient, but it is almost impossible, since impatience and agitation are other withdrawal symptoms that I have the privilege to enjoy!

Sorry for venting but I feel much better now  :)

Hi Buddies!

Lockie, I don't think this thread is dying, perhaps Buddies are just too tired to post?  :-\ Congratulations on your anniversary coming up!!  :thumbsup:

I am really glad to know that you can see improvement in your quality of life, that's absolutely wonderful!!

I'm sure working those 3 half-days help you take your mind off all the benzo-mess and help you turn towards a life with your health back, that is what I wish you!!

Hi BenzoDamaged and welcome to this thread! Fatigue has been my most debilitating symptom and I can relate to your need to vent, I've done it on here before!!

I was also on a "crazy" cocktail of "meds" (still am  :sick:) but the fatigue suddenly spiked when I decreased one of the ADs I'm on, coincidentally or not (that was over 2 years ago). That's why I wanted off clonazepam... doctor's opinion is that I'm on a cocktail of sedating drugs so doesn't it surprise him. Yet I don't know why it suddenly spiked - benzo tolerance?... need to get off everything!!

Not much of an update regarding my fatigue I'm afraid, not much change there... I can more or less say that I've not moved from my "baseline" which is the as fatigued as I have been in the last 2 years, prior to benzo withdrawal  :-\

I have micro-tapered my way down from my initial 4mg K down to 1mg - so in total I'm on the equivalent of 30mg V (per Ashton)... I don't know whether this is sedation, adrenal exhaustion or what... it doesn't seem to change with withdrawal - I do get wd symptoms but they are all manageable, thank goodness (perhaps thanks to a slow micro-taper as well  :thumbsup:)

BenzoDamaged, I really do recommend tapering off slowly... I know it's hard to be patient but time is the healer...

Wishing "Life Energy" to all!

Hugs,

Julz

Hi Benzodamaged ,  i understand the frustration with the doctors. They are totally clueless about PAWS . Its hard not to hate them but the truth is they have been spoonfed bullshit from the big pharma companies about these drugs so they dont believe us. Unfortunately that leaves us in what seems a hopeless position but we have benzobuddies! We just have to stay true to what we know is right and just keep going  :)

Hi Buddies!

Lockie, I don't think this thread is dying, perhaps Buddies are just too tired to post?  :-\ Congratulations on your anniversary coming up!!  :thumbsup:

I am really glad to know that you can see improvement in your quality of life, that's absolutely wonderful!!

I'm sure working those 3 half-days help you take your mind off all the benzo-mess and help you turn towards a life with your health back, that is what I wish you!!

Hi BenzoDamaged and welcome to this thread! Fatigue has been my most debilitating symptom and I can relate to your need to vent, I've done it on here before!!

I was also on a "crazy" cocktail of "meds" (still am  :sick:) but the fatigue suddenly spiked when I decreased one of the ADs I'm on, coincidentally or not (that was over 2 years ago). That's why I wanted off clonazepam... doctor's opinion is that I'm on a cocktail of sedating drugs so doesn't it surprise him. Yet I don't know why it suddenly spiked - benzo tolerance?... need to get off everything!!

Not much of an update regarding my fatigue I'm afraid, not much change there... I can more or less say that I've not moved from my "baseline" which is the as fatigued as I have been in the last 2 years, prior to benzo withdrawal  :-\

I have micro-tapered my way down from my initial 4mg K down to 1mg - so in total I'm on the equivalent of 30mg V (per Ashton)... I don't know whether this is sedation, adrenal exhaustion or what... it doesn't seem to change with withdrawal - I do get wd symptoms but they are all manageable, thank goodness (perhaps thanks to a slow micro-taper as well  :thumbsup:)

BenzoDamaged, I really do recommend tapering off slowly... I know it's hard to be patient but time is the healer...

Wishing "Life Energy" to all!

Hugs,

Julz

Hi Julz ,  so sorry you are so fatigued.  Its horrible and can be scary at times  i was only ever on 2mg of Valium and it destroyed me, for you to get down to 1mg of k from 4mg is amazing!  This is such a huge achievement and you should hold your head high (if you can lol). Keep strong buddie still aways to go but your inner strength is amazing  :yippee:

Hi Benzodamaged ,  i understand the frustration with the doctors. They are totally clueless about PAWS . Its hard not to hate them but the truth is they have been spoonfed bullshit from the big pharma companies about these drugs so they dont believe us. Unfortunately that leaves us in what seems a hopeless position but we have benzobuddies! We just have to stay true to what we know is right and just keep going  :)

Lockie, it's quite incredible that such a tiny amount of V has given you such a hard time... it really goes to show that no one can predict benzos and benzo wd...  :sick:

Thank you for being so supportive, yep, we need to inject some positivity in all this  :thumbsup:

Corsair, have you hit a wave of fatigue/extreme tiredness? I'm sorry you are also in a lot of pain...

We won't let this thread die and we'll get our strengths back  :thumbsup:

Hugs!!

Lockie, it's quite incredible that such a tiny amount of V has given you such a hard time... it really goes to show that no one can predict benzos and benzo wd...  :sick:

Thank you for being so supportive, yep, we need to inject some positivity in all this  :thumbsup:

Corsair, have you hit a wave of fatigue/extreme tiredness? I'm sorry you are also in a lot of pain...

We won't let this thread die and we'll get our strengths back  :thumbsup:

Hugs!!

I had a big fight with my husband and ever since I'm even too exhausted to talk or get out of bed. And yes also my muscles, tendons and joints hurt. I didn't have this exhaustion earlier on, even though I didn't sleep and feel awful I managed to still feel energetic? (toxic energy though) But now completely the opposite. it scares me. Because i'm 15 months out and getting all these new sx :(

I can feel for all of you because I suffer from extreme fatigue also. I also have nausea off and on.

My sleep to so broken I never feel like I get a good nights rest because I keep waking up than dozing off again. I am on 20 mg of Valium but it does nothing for my anxiety. I get the shakes also. I have been holding at 20 mg of Valium because I know if I go lower my anxiety will get worse. My appetite is awful also, my skin and hair is dry and I suffer a lot from constipation. This is just unbelievable. On top of all that I have a sick Kitty that I am trying to care for, which doesn't help with the anxiety since I worry about her all the time. She either has feline herpes in the eye or just conjunctionites ( or how ever you spell it)

This is horrible is all I can say...I pray it will get better soon..... For all of us.  :'(

I had a big fight with my husband and ever since I'm even too exhausted to talk or get out of bed. And yes also my muscles, tendons and joints hurt. I didn't have this exhaustion earlier on, even though I didn't sleep and feel awful I managed to still feel energetic? (toxic energy though) But now completely the opposite. it scares me. Because i'm 15 months out and getting all these new sx :(

Corsair, I'm really sorry you had this fight with your husband. Clearly our CNSs are very sensitive to such stressors. Any type of family tension (let alone fights) really hits where it hurts, giving me bad anxiety which can lead to intrusive thoughts  :(

Hang in there, you are not alone...!

Hugs xxx

I don't know what I would do if I wasn't tired!

It's would feel foreign to me.

Even if I sleep okay...I go to sleep tired and I wake tired.

Everything is an effort!

FB  :-\

Flutter,

I know what you mean. Hard to imagine life not being tired. I've been trying to push a bit more to engage in more "normal" activities but not because I have more energy. Most of the time I can push through it but afterwards can be tough. Perhaps when I can sleep again my energy will improve. I hope so.

MT

Hi Buddies,

FluterByee I think I can relate: I go to bed tired and wake up tired (and then stress because I am tired!!)... I can't imagine life without such a burden on my shoulders! What I hate is that it is changing my behaviour... if you know what I mean. I am adapting things because I know in advance when I'll just be too tired to do anything but sleep!

Corsair, I have thought about adrenal fatigue as well. At first I hadn't even thought about all the drugs I was taking and was beginning to think I had developed CFS/ME. Now I really don't know... what have those drugs done to our poor bodies? I wonder whether this need to sleep/rest is real, I mean, are we healing more while sleeping?... back to adrenal fatigue, I don't know what to make of it, whether there is anything more to do than allow time to do its thing... there are so many supplements we could splash our money on, but I am skeptical...

MTFan, I'm sorry you are so sleep deprived. Your drive to engage in more "normal" activities sounds like a sign of "healing" though! I hope you get some restful sleep back soon. When it happens, you'll probably become unstoppable to make up for all that you have been wanting to do!!!

Best wishes  :smitten: 

Hi MT , Long time no speak buddie. Sorry you are still struggling with this symptom. How far off are you now?? How are your other symptoms? ? I know you have been pushing hard through this whole experience.  Keep it up mate!

glad to find this group!! Towards the end of my taper off xanax after 30 years I  encountered overwhelming fatigue. It is still with me two weeks after my jump. I am sleeping well- I think- 7-8 hours- but I wake up so so tired every morning- hard to not crawl back in bed for some more zzs- at night counting down the minutes till I can  go to bed since I am so tired. Before benzo taper I was never this tired- thought something must be really wrong with me- finding this group helps me know I am not alone in this symptom.

I thought I was fatigued before, but a new twist truly has me bed-bound. I had two SEVERE nosebleeds last week, due to a ruptured artery in my nose. The ENT doctor cauterized the artery using electrical current and sodium nitrate. I asked for lidocaine without epinephrine due to what I had read on this board, which he complied with. Still, the four lidocaine injections deep in my nostrils were excruciating, as was the cauterization. Obviously, my stress level went through the roof and has continued so (six days later). I can hardly breathe while this heals (another week or two). Even though I sleep, I am extremely weak. Can no longer go for a 20-minute walk or clean the bathrooms. Can barely eat and check email. Thank goodness for my husband to help me.

I'm microtapering and now am at 6.1 mg, cutting .025 liquid mg. per night. After two days of this hell, I decided to hold my dose, which is disappointing because I want to keep moving forward.

Has anybody had a set-back like this? If I heal for another week, will I be able to resume my taper? I'm so scared and worried. Tapering sx were terrible before this. Now I feel like I'm going to die.

MirandaJane