Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Extreme fatigue support page

[Lo...]

Hi everyone,

Glad you all got through xmas ok . Im glad its over even though i was too sick to go out at the time. Good news is i seem to be sitting at a heaps better baseline since then . Managed to get out and about over the last week and although im still struggling i can do it. Went to the beach with the dogs and wife yesterday and today (its hot in Australia at the moment) have visited a few friends that i havnt seen in ages and feel confident driving. When they asked me if im getting better i didnt know what to say as we all know benzo WD loves to come back with force. I tried to explain it but just saw their eyes glaze over, lol. So i just said i hope so and left it at that .

Anyways just want to drop in to see how the crew are doing. Hope you all are keeping well. One day at a time  :)

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [bc...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wavy again today. I pushed myself to get some paperwork done and then food shopped but now I'm back in bed. Muscle aches, headache, crazy fatigue, no sleep. Ug. But I'm thankful I don't have to work this week.

Hi MT , im feeling the same. felt the soreness and fatigue start up again last night and today am couchbound again. Oh well just rest up till it passes.

Well, I'm from the boring US. I just got a double whammy. I already have w/d fatigue, which I HATE! Then my endo called me and asked me, do you have any fatigue? I said yes of course. Then I said it was w/d fatigue from benzos. But she said now you have double fatigue. My high dose of thyroid medication is causing me fatigue she tells me. Just shoot me. :crazy:

Benzogirl, double fatigue is a drag but we're going to have to advise you to refrain from being shot ;) I sure know the feeling. This week I've been thinking I'm so useless they should sell me for scrap.

I am coming up on 3 months off benzos. When I have waves I become bedridden and the fatigue is awful. I cannot function. I am so tired I cannot drive. It is worse after I eat anything. About 10 minutes after eating I want to go to sleep yet my blood sugar is fine. I can handle pain which I have a lot of but this fatigue is debilitating.

Hi Brookvale !

Welcome to the group and sorry for the late reply, this time for me fatigue was at its worst . Month 3 was horrendous and just going from the bedroom to the couch was exhausting but it did pass eventually. Month 5 was pretty bad too. I hope you see some improvement soon.

Hows everyone else doing? I had a decent week up until xmas then got hit by a pretty bad wave but it was totally different this time and mostly psychological . DR / DP , head spins , cement head , dizzy and extreme sorness. I was tired but not like that soul destroying fatigue where you cant move. Just felt like i hadnt had enough sleep which i had lol. Needless to say i missed all my new years and xmas celebrations as mentally i just couldnt handle it but shit happens i guess. I just really hope im better for the next one!

Amazing how you can get plagued by fatigue for months on end then the next one hits and does a total 180 on you. I done trying to figure it out . Just gonna roll with it..........

Becalm my thoughts are with you  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi BBs .....haven't been on here for a while.....have been really struggling thru wd.....more anxiety and breathing problems....just can't get this to go away....still get bouts of fatigue and the depression... and all the other stuff....but the anxiety and the breathing is definitely running in the lead right now. 

I guess TIME is the healer and because nothing else seems to touch any of the wd symptoms.  Just wish the time would go by faster....it is just dragging. 

Sending healing thoughts to all...... :smitten:

Lockie....thanks for the hugs.....muchly needed...and the same back to you :hug:  ....We will beat this....one way or another.

I agree, fatigue and insomnia make for a brutal combination. Brookevale, I can see how all of that sleeping would be frustrating. You're ready to have some energy and be awake.

Bcalm2, sounds like a super ugly wave. Why does time take so much time to get here?! It can feel like forever but we're getting somewhere slowly. At least we aren't going backwards and going up on our meds.

I've been pretty wiped and flattened the past two days after a day trip (with 6 hours in the car) to visit family yesterday for 4 hours. I'm not sure this level of fatigue is all wd for me--it might be the CFS reminding me it's a player too!

I'm hoping we all see some energy and healing this week and have our sense of hope renewed.

Hi MT just a quick question , did you get really wavy during the day before you took a turn for the better? The DR comes and goes during as does the anxiety , the fatigue and soreness seem to be starting to do the same with an hour here and there where they go quite mild and i generally start to feel a lot better from 6pm.

Lockie, I was terribly ill and barely functioning at all for the two months before things started to improve. I was right on the verge of taking a leave from my part-time work which would have been financially devastating. I'm still pretty messed up between the not sleeping, some fatigue, muscle pain and paresthesias but it's still worlds better than months 8-11.

Well the past three days have been much better. Once I kicked my own ass out of bed and forced myself out of the land of mole people, I went into a grocery store and was incredibly overstimulated but it got me to rewire so to speak. I noticed I can't eat foods requiring complex digestion like heavy fats or sugary stuff. Eliminating them has left me starving and irritable but is helping my energy level. I am also doing meditation, spending less time on the computer, and being sure to get enough sleep. I have fatigue but can do stuff at least. My pattern is I'll have somewhat of a window for a few weeks then bam! Bedridden only to be able to go to the toilet.

Hope everyone else has some windows. Hang in there. Feels like it will never end then there is light.

Brooke, I'm quite familar withe the tug to the land of the mole people. Great expression. It can feel both safe and like the walls are closing in. Or safe one minute and the walls closing in the next. I'm glad you got out. It really seems to be the only thing that helps--shaking your fist at what the symptoms are trying to get you to do or give up.

I've noticed the same thing that my body often doesn't tolerate the fats and sugar like it used to. You're doing good things to take care of yourself. I go back and forth with meditation. Sometimes when I'm super tired or feel overwhelmed, I can't seem to get myself to do it. It really can feel endless and then there will be this break in the clouds, however, brief, that can make me remember that healing is happening.

Hi everyone how are you all? been awhile since anyone posted on here and i hope that is because you are all doing well!

Ive seen a dramatic change for the better over the last 5 days since i quit smoking. I noticed after having a nicotine gum or cigarette over the last month i started getting all shakey , fatigued and feeling like total shit. So i psyched myself up for a week and jumped on the 6th. My energy levels have picked right up and sx have died down alot. Its like after smoking 17 years my body decided its going to reject nicotine all of a sudden, so strange the way WD affects your body lol.

Anyway still a long way to go but the improvements ive seen over the last few days are huge. I would now call myself semi-functional from bedridden last month.

Hang in there buddies, there is hope  :thumbsup:

In December I felt like I was making some gains on fatigue. Not every day but the trend. So far all of January has gone back to barely dragging myself around. It's hard not to get discouraged. I've tried pushing it and then I pay and resting and it makes little or no difference and I get bored. I'm trying to find something in between--pushing a little but not to an extreme.

MTfan - like you, I'm trying to find the balance between pushing myself to do things and the terrible fatigue and other symptoms that result. Not that I have much to do - I've given up driving, job, activities with most friends, etc. The boredom and loneliness are killing me. I try reading, jigsaw puzzles, light housework, and there are still a million sad, exhausted hours in the day. No hobbies, and now is not the time to try to learn anything new.

Thank goodness for you and my other buddies - at least I'm not alone.

MirandaJane

Amen, MJ. So thankful for fellow BB. You all give me courage.

Boredom on the really hard days can be a huge issue. The time just drags. As much as I feel vexed by the things I have to do they end up making time pass more quickly than it does on the days when all I can manage is reading, TV and so on.

I have been in somewhat of a window for a week. Yay! I am 3 months out since my jump. I notice a strong correlation to my diet and level of fatigue. Unfortunately the less I eat the more energy and clarity I have. I am already on the thin side due to illness and need all the calories and nutrition I can get. My chronic pancreatitis was, I believe, triggered by benzo taper and w/d. It has improved some but when it is bad it takes the life out of me. I need to eat but if I at least eat minimally and clean the fatigue is better. I also started acupuncture, did some yoga, am deep breathing and meditating, and reducing the time I spend on electronics. All of these help. I am "due" for a wave but trying not to go there in my head.