Extreme fatigue support page

[Lo...]

Lockie, I'm sorry to hear about you getting slammed by the psych symptoms. They're so unpleasant. Have you tried some short, gentle exercise, like walking or yoga? I find it helps more with these symptoms than any others. I consider myself pretty weak and very fatigued since I get very little sleep (and have CFS to boot) but I drag myself through some weights, walking and a 30 minute exercise class. I try to at least get in 90 minutes per week because that's been shown in research to really nail depression. I started off very low and slow, minutes at a time.

I'm trying to keep my spirits up. My two work days each weak feel brutal and I feel incompetent. My sleep is very short and light, not restorative at all. It blows my mind that I'll hit 11 months tomorrow and that I'm this impaired still :(

But we press on for the goal of recovery is worth the fight.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [bc...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

babyangel.....good to hear that the exercise is helping....hope your days get better and better.... hang in there and be strong!

Lockie....sorry to hear that you are having an ugly wave....that is the worst part of this whole withdrawal....not knowing what we will be hit with next.  I was wondering how did you know that you were thru the acute stage?    Sure hoping things get better with each day.  Stay strong!

MTfan....hope your sleep is getting better....it certainly doesn't help with the symptoms when you don't get your rest.  Are you able to nap during the day?  Stay strong!

Well, yesterday was one of my better days....I think I had a window for a few hours in the morning...WAS SO HAPPY to have a nice visit with my kids and grandkids...which has been extremely difficult to do in the last few months because of the ongoing symptoms..did a few things around the house, did get a bit of a drive in and a walk.......then the window slammed shut with more depression throughout the afternoon, but that calmed down a bit  in the evening..... It was very disappointing when the window closed....I was hoping it would last forever.....but not this time.  That has given me much hope for healing.  We will all get thru this in our own time....whatever that may be. 

Sending healing hugs and thoughts to all........ :hug::smitten:

Hi becalm , those mini windows are a good sign . This happened to me just before i pulled out of acute. KEEP GOING!

Dont really have much much to say just jumped on to say hi. Still feeling pretty shitty but its 5 months off tomorrow so thats a good thing. Just hoping for a good healing start into 2016.

Healing hugs to all  :mybuddy:

Hi blessed41...so glad you had a good day, well enough to be out of the house for the day....but now back into bed...so sorry...these waves just keep coming back....hopefully soon they will go away permanently.  Stay strong!!!!

Having terrible dark depression/fear, despair, crying spells. again today.....this has been fairly consistant for the past few weeks....with bits of time here and there of some relief.  Did you have this during your acute and if so when did it lift?  It seems to be continuing for a longer time than normal and I am feeling that this will be with me forever....Do waves last that long????

Sending healing hugs........ :hug: :hug: :smitten:

Thank you, bcalm2!  :smitten:

It was great to get out of the house the other day! I so lone for the day to be recovered, as I know that we all do!  :smitten: :smitten:

I am sorry that you are suffering so. Please know that it DOES get better! These waves just keep coming. Today,  my symptoms are: anxiety, panic attacks, crying spells, head pressure, waves of heat on the back side of body (head to feet), the calf of my legs and top of feet have a raw/acid type feeling to them, my head feels heavy and burning  stomach. There's definitely nothing fun about this "rollercoaster" it's so unpredictable!

Stay strong! We'll all get through this...baby steps if need be!  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi becalm, the acute stage can last awhile mine was 8 weeks but i have heard of it lasting a bit longer. The fact you are getting glimpses of relief is a good sign. This happened to me just before i came out of it. Hang in there mate, your close.

Hi blessed , hope you pull out of the wave soon . The fact your in and out of bed is a good sign. My waves im 100% couchbound , thank god for my xbox! Lol

Angel thanks for the advise , i really want to excersise and im hoping im nearly well enough to start soon. I really need to lose the weight i have gained from being so inactive.

MT so glad you are managing to get some sleep . We have enough to deal without being totally sleep deprived!

Im having a bit of a rough time ATM , im constantly amazed on the amount of different shit WD throws at you. Not really getting fatigue at the moment actually have more energy than ive had in a long time but the psychological symptoms have gone through the roof. My derealisation over the last few days has ramped up to as bad as acute but along with dizziness (new symptom) and im struggling to walk straight. My head feels really weird like its pressurised and strange tingling sensation.

Its like i have a wave of fatigue then a wave of mental symptoms and a few days inbetween  i have a window but at least they dont hit at the same time!

Anyway guys hope you all are keeping well. Stay strong, everyday is a day closer to freedom

Hello Lockie! :smitten:

I hope you are getting some relief!!

Stay strong BB!! We will get through this and come out stronger then we ever thought possible! !  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Blessed41.....so sorry to hear you are a another wave.....there seems to be no end to them.....Are your waves getting less severe as time goes on? I sure hope that this one will go by real soon and you will have another window....a large window.    I did have a small window the other day  (posted on here about it) but then it was slammed shut.....wave of depression, crying, fatigue and some anxiety...waiting for another window.  Yes, this roller coaster ride is very unpredictable....would really like to get off of it....

Sending healing thoughts your way........ :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi Blessed41.....so sorry to hear you are a another wave.....there seems to be no end to them.....Are your waves getting less severe as time goes on? I sure hope that this one will go by real soon and you will have another window....a large window.    I did have a small window the other day  (posted on here about it) but then it was slammed shut.....wave of depression, crying, fatigue and some anxiety...waiting for another window.  Yes, this roller coaster ride is very unpredictable....would really like to get off of it....

Sending healing thoughts your way........ :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hello bcalm2! :smitten:

I'm sorry that your window closed, please be assured that they DO reopen! During a wave some symptoms seem to be..a little..less and them some are more intense. It's hard to believe that such a tiny little pill causes so much havoc..

I wish you much relief, soon!!  :hug::smitten:

Hi Buddies,

Exhaustion has been the reason why I decided to taper off benzos!

For too long I thought I had CFS or that something was wrong with ME. Then I realised my meds could be making me ill  :sick:

See signature for full cocktail!!!

I don't really experience waves & windows with fatigue, not like anything else I can clearly identify as a symptom. Although I should say that I *might* be a little better now that I've come down on my dose of K... and also solved a few psychological issues... so I can't really tell where this comes from.

But being exhausted, drained out of life or whatever your experience, it is a very distressing and frustrating symptom.

I wish you all the best,

Julia xxx

Wishing you a 

Hi Julia , welcome to the group! I know what your saying about the fatigue being quite distressing it caused me alot of panic when i was at my worst . I was convinced my body was shutting down but still here, still breathing!

Symptoms seem to be letting up from this nasty wave ive been in the last 2 weeks. Like someone hit a switch and instantly feeling heaps better . Still pretty average but less than shocking. Lol. Managed to take the dogs for a walk and go to the shops to get some stuff so just going to rest now and not push it.

Becalm , blessed , MT how are you holding up??

It seems there are a lot of waves happening in our group. Lockie, I'm glad you're coming out of yours.

I've been experimenting with rotating some meds so I can get sleep a few times a week (gabapentin, amitriptyline, seroquel). I hate taking something but after a month with only two sleep periods, something had to give. Yesterday I felt the most normal I have in a long time and work didn't feel like an ordeal. Today after a wide awake night I'm feeling pretty rough again. So. Ready. To. Be. Done. I'm thankful for yesterday though, and the taste of what will come.

Hello BB'S!  :smitten:

I hope that symptoms lesson for us all! Complete healing right about now would be great!!  :smitten:

I'm currently still in a bad wave, hanging on. This too shall pass!

Stay strong! We will all get through this together!! :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Blessed , sorry you are still in a wave. Hang in there mate there is a window around the corner.

Becalm , ive been wondering how your going? I really hope your coming out of the acute stage. You must be getting close!

It was my birthday on sunday - 33 years young and I got what i have always wanted ........... a window haha. After getting absolutely slammed at 5 months i came out of it to feeling the most normal i have since i started tapering. Feeling about 80% managed to finish the gardens i started before tapering. Went to the nursery, dug out plants, weeding and put new put new plants in with minimal anxiety or fatigue!

Please hang in there guys healing does happen , hopefully im finally starting to turn a corner for the better. Im sure there is more waves to come but this is a good sign .

Healing hugs  :mybuddy:

Thanks Lockie...for asking....Happy belated birthday to you....great to hear that you had a huge window.....I have no idea where I am.....just struggling so much with all these symptoms and trying desperately to hang on....your post gives me hope as I have been losing hope during this struggle. 

Sending you healing hugs and thoughts...... :hug::smitten:

Hi Blessed , sorry you are still in a wave. Hang in there mate there is a window around the corner.

Becalm , ive been wondering how your going? I really hope your coming out of the acute stage. You must be getting close!

It was my birthday on sunday - 33 years young and I got what i have always wanted ........... a window haha. After getting absolutely slammed at 5 months i came out of it to feeling the most normal i have since i started tapering. Feeling about 80% managed to finish the gardens i started before tapering. Went to the nursery, dug out plants, weeding and put new put new plants in with minimal anxiety or fatigue!

Please hang in there guys healing does happen , hopefully im finally starting to turn a corner for the better. Im sure there is more waves to come but this is a good sign .

Healing hugs  :mybuddy:

Hello Lockie! :smitten:

Thank you, today is a...little...less intense. Cogfog/burred vision (almost like vasaline in my eyes). Anxiety/Panic attacks still when first waking up in the mornings. And a few more sxs. Thought earlier I'd try a nap and was hoping it would not be a "toxic nap", I thought wrong, so will continue to not try naps taking again for awhile.

Happy late birthday!! Glad you gotchya a nice window! :hug:

Hang in there BB'S we will pull through this and be much stronger!! I just know it!  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Blessed , at least your feeling a bit better. I had to laugh at "feels like Vaseline in my eyes" i know exactly what you mean with that one! Thanks for the birthday wishes buddies was nice to have a window, was back to feeling average yesterday but still not as bad. Hoping this is my new baseline and turning a corner.

Becalm , i wish i could be there in the flesh to give you a big hug! I think a hug from a stranger that understands would have helped me alot during this stage  :mybuddy: :mybuddy: hang in there and keep fighting  :boxer:

Keep strong mate and feel free to post , we ase here for you no matter how bad you are feeling !

Thanks Lockie....for the message..... and the hug..in person would be better....but I am very happy with the smiley one.  I will keep fighting thru this....there is no other way to complete healing...but it is a struggle.  Thank you for all your support and encouragement....it is so greatly appreciated.

Sending healing hugs to you..... :hug: :hug: :smitten:

That vaseline in the eyes is the best description of the vision thing that I've seen. It doesn't matter what my optometrist does I usually have it and my hearing is muffled too.

Let's all keep fighting and borrow strength from each other when we need to. What we're experiencing, as ridiculously long as it is, at least has an end point. There are many disorders and illnesses that don't. I believe in us!

Hi Blessed , at least your feeling a bit better. I had to laugh at "feels like Vaseline in my eyes" i know exactly what you mean with that one! Thanks for the birthday wishes buddies was nice to have a window, was back to feeling average yesterday but still not as bad. Hoping this is my new baseline and turning a corner.

Becalm , i wish i could be there in the flesh to give you a big hug! I think a hug from a stranger that understands would have helped me alot during this stage  :mybuddy: :mybuddy: hang in there and keep fighting  :boxer:

Keep strong mate and feel free to post , we ase here for you no matter how bad you are feeling !

Hello Lockie!  :smitten: You're very welcome!

Well that window was good while it lasted but all good things come to an end right? Lol, Anyways was perfect timing having a window on my birthday so ive got that to be thankful for. Looks like ive got a date with the couch for awhile .

Hope you all are keeping well. Keep strong buddies we can work through this together!

Good Morning Buddies  :smitten:

Lockie, I am delighted to read that you got a window for your Birthday, sorry that it closed :hug:

I'm the same age and being exhausted is so frustrating. But we'll get out of it for good, right?  :thumbsup:

My fatigue does not follow the windows and wave patterns, it's more or less constant  :sick: although I'd say it follows the quality of sleep I can get during the night (which in turn depends on many factors, but withdrawal adds light sleep with vivid dreaming which I don't think is very restful)... anyway, our mind and bodies are healing... and "this shall pass too".

Healing Hugs to all!

Julz xxx

I had a couple of months with extreme fatigue.  I would somehow drag myself to work and back, and then just collapse when I came home.  I am happy to say that this symptom has improved.  I'm still not at my level of being able to do things, but it I am starting to get some energy back.  Trying to implement some type of exercise routine (it is very difficult), but at least I can do something now.  Just know that things do get better with time.

Hi Julz welcome to the group ! I know what your saying for me the fatigue is always there its just the intensity that varies from very mild to extreme but seems to be the worst after a window. Your right we will get through this it just sux being 33 years young and feeling like a 90 year old at the bottom of a wave.

Herkie - well done working post jump that is a great effort! Im really glad it has passed for you and cant wait for it to pass as this is my  worst symptom at the moment for sure. If the fatigue / soreness was gone i would be 85% healed.

Thanks for posting buddies its good to keep in touch, happy healing

P.S - Becalm more hugs coming your way  :mybuddy: :mybuddy: :mybuddy:  keep fighting  :boxer: you will pull out of acute soon

Thanks Lockie....greatly appreciated.  So sorry that you are back on the couch....I am usually in bed.  This is such a tough battle....and new symptoms are popping up....feels like I am going backwards in my healing....makes me think that maybe I am not healing.....but everyone says that we all heal....so I am hanging on to that hope. 

Sending healing hugs to all....... :hug::smitten: