Extreme fatigue support page

[Lo...]

Super depressed and miserable today after another night of not sleeping. The last time I got any sleep was Wednesday a week ago. I slept twice last week and no more than minutes at a time (many nights not even that) since then and for the two or three weeks before then. Getting through work today was torture. Even just two days/week it feels like it's killing me. I understand wd is going to last a while but I can't believe how long the extreme insomnia is going on. This doesn't feel sustainable. I'm at a breaking point. I started looking at other jobs today but it feels like all I could do is simple, manual labor but I don't have the energy for that. I don't know what to do anymore.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [bc...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi MT ,

Try keep your chin up buddie , its a long hard road we are on and it takes its toll mentally and physically. I just had a good look at your signature and WOW , look how far you have come! You should be so proud of yourself mate . To come off all those meds and still be standing let alone working is a true indication of how strong you really are. Even though you might not feel it at the moment.

The no sleep thing sounds brutal , is there any natural herbal remedies you could look at?? Maybe see a naturopath for some kind of all natural herbal sleep aid? I know we are all jubious about taking any form of tablet after being "benzod" but its just a thought.

I hope things ease up for you soon mate. Keep in touch  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the support Lockie. For some reason I've never had any response to the herbal things. I'm thinking about taking a leave from work. That would be super difficult financially but I'm not seeing any other options right now.

Hi MT , ive had to take work off too and it sux financially but if your body needs rest. No way i could work in my current condition.

Miranda , time for a long hold . If you are tapering too fast for your body things will just get worse. Dont put a timeframe on withdrawal just try stay functional.

Lockie - thanks for your support. But I'm tapering soooo slowly, slower than Ashton or anybody else recommends. How can I be having worse symptoms? I just don't want this to take longer than it has two. Already I'm looking at 18 months to get off the benzos - then I'll have postwithdrawal. I slept a little better last night and am a little better today. Very, very anxious, but so far, no panic.

thanks again,

MirandaJane

Glad your holding on Miranda , listen to your body because if you have to updose its just going to cause even more havoc on your CNS.

Today was a good day ! Went to the park with my friend and flew my remote control planes, then went for a massive bushwalk looking for one that we lost control of lol. Managed to take the dogs for a walk with another friend then rested for a few hours. Another friend called in randomly and had a chat for and hour then went to the pub for dinner with the wifey.

Had managable anxiety and fatigue but pushed through ok. Was so nice to be semi functional for a day . Amazing how we can be bedridden one day and semi functional the next. 2 months ago i couldnt hold a conversation without a panic attack, healing is definatly happening.

I just hope this window lasts a few days!

Anyway guys hope you all are keeping well, stay strong people. We can do this

I'm so glad you had a better day, Lockie.

I managed to go on a date with my husband yesterday to see the new Bond film and out to dinner. It was almost like being a normal person (while feeling abnormal). Today I'm totally wiped but it was worth it.

Hang in there Blessed and Mirandajane.

I'm experimenting with acting normal for periods of time to see how it affects me. Today I dragged my tired, ill self outside to help my husband rake our leafaggedon yard. It was hard work and I was winded but it felt good to be productive and lighten his load. I listened to a TED talk about how research shows it's not stress that endangers health, it's the perception that stress is harmful to your health that does the damage. Reframing stress as anticipation, challenge, for example changes how your body responds. Doing something for someone else also changes how your body responds. So I've been wondering, what if I look at wd differently? What if I see it as a transformative experience that is making me into a better person, an investment into the me years from now so I feel less traumatized by it. I'm trying it and I feel less distress today despite no change in my symptoms. Here's that TED talk:

It worked when people were in death camps. Those that saw some purpose in their suffering did considerably better. Man's Search For Meaning by Viktor Frankyl is all about this.

Hi miranda sorry you are still struggling , distraction is the key but is easier said than done . Netflix , reading , hot baths anything to keep your mind occupied !

Blessed your doing great over 3 months off now , this wave will pass hang in there!

MT glad you had a good day too ! Hows your sleep going? Did you manage to get some rest?? Glad you managed to push through :smitten: a "normal day"  i kind of felt like i was acting my way through it while feeling quite abnormal like you said. I made it through and its definatly a win.

Keep strong buddies and happy healing too all  :thumbsup:

Thanks Miranda Jane.....I think climbing Mr. Everest might be easier......these symptoms are brutal....they are so powerful.....nothing seems to chase them away.  But we must go on....and we will get through this.....thanks for the new strategy....I will give it a try....

Thanks Lockie...for the encouragement......there is no other way to get thru this....just one day at a time.  One day seems to last a week....

Sending healing thoughts to all........ :smitten:

Hi Becalm ,

Havnt heard from you for awhile? How are you doing? We are all here for you ! Just remember every day is a day closer to coming out of acute.

Sending healing hugs your way  :mybuddy: :mybuddy: :mybuddy:

Hi Lockie......thank you so much for asking.....still struggling through a lot of depression/fear/anxiety.  Did manage to go out for a bit of a drive this afternoon with hubby....but came home exhausted and had another crying episode being depressed and in fear...it just keeps lingering on and beating me up.....just one bad continuous wave that won't let go.  Tomorrow is the beginning of the 7th week......wish time would go by faster....this is just dragging.

How are you doing?  Hope your days are getting better and better. 

Healing hugs..... :hug: :hug: :smitten:

Becalm, I can really identify with that feeling of time dragging. Feeling too lousy to do much of anything but doing stuff is what makes time pass it seems. Quite a quandary. Even though I tend to dread my things to do (two work days a week, house chores, errands, anything really) I appreciate how they make time pass.

Lockie, my sleep situation is the same. Only microsleeps but less freaked out about it the past two days for some reason. I'm glad you're pushing through and doing OK.

Hi becalm ,

Acute is horrible, words cant really describe the torment you go through. Your coming up 7 weeks now and should see some improvements in the next few weeks . Hang in there buddie things will get easier. Not easy - easier lol

MT glad your getting a bit more sleep and your anxiety has died down a bit hopefully you will see some relief soon !

Hello BB'S! :smitten:

I hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected, while riding this unpredictable rollercoaster! Today is 4 days that I have been back in the bed. This fatigue is something else I tell ya. So ready to be completely healed, as I know that we all are.

Stay strong my friends! Keeping you all in my prayers!  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Blessed hows your wave going? Hope you pull out of it soon! Im back on the couch too along with new symptoms. Im getting heat flushes and a weird head sensation like a tight band is wrapped around my brain . So strange.

Anxiety, fatigue and cogfog is back but to a lesser degree. Damn these benzos wont let go without a fight but we just gotta soldier on i guess!

Stay strong everyone ,  hope you are keeping well  :)

I got some sleep last night (yay!) and have been less fatigued today. Not energetic but more functional. I even took a walk and have been able to read a nonfiction book. Sleep seems to be my magic ingredient but it's so incredibly rare.

We're healing and none of us are alone. We have this community and each other. We're going to make it, each freaking day at a time.

Hi everyone....

blessed41....how are you doing in the wave....hope things have settled down for you.  This rollercoaster ride is not fun....that's for sure...but you know you are healing and that is the main thing.

Lockie....hope your symptoms have gone away and you have had some relief.  This benzo journey is definitely a difficult one to travel.  We will all get there....

MTfan....glad to hear that you got some sleep....that is a big help. Hoping it continues for you....and we will make....one day at a time. 

I am still trying to deal with the depression/anxiety stuff....yesterday evening it seemed to calm down a bit and I actually felt better....but then today it was back again... along with awful fatigue that hit me like a brick.....I really thought last night that I would see more improvement today but what a disappointment to be hit again...oh, I wish this was linear healing.....

Sending healing hugs and thoughts to all......... :hug: :hug: :smitten:

Hi Blessed hows your wave going? Hope you pull out of it soon! Im back on the couch too along with new symptoms. Im getting heat flushes and a weird head sensation like a tight band is wrapped around my brain . So strange.

Anxiety, fatigue and cogfog is back but to a lesser degree. Damn these benzos wont let go without a fight but we just gotta soldier on i guess!

Stay strong everyone ,  hope you are keeping well  :)

Hello Lockie!  :smitten:

Yesterday, I was out of the house most of the day but today, in and out of bed, again.

I hope you are doing well?

Stay strong BB'S!  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi everyone....

blessed41....how are you doing in the wave....hope things have settled down for you.  This rollercoaster ride is not fun....that's for sure...but you know you are healing and that is the main thing.

Lockie....hope your symptoms have gone away and you have had some relief.  This benzo journey is definitely a difficult one to travel.  We will all get there....

MTfan....glad to hear that you got some sleep....that is a big help. Hoping it continues for you....and we will make....one day at a time. 

I am still trying to deal with the depression/anxiety stuff....yesterday evening it seemed to calm down a bit and I actually felt better....but then today it was back again... along with awful fatigue that hit me like a brick.....I really thought last night that I would see more improvement today but what a disappointment to be hit again...oh, I wish this was linear healing.....

Sending healing hugs and thoughts to all......... :hug: :hug: :smitten:

Hello bcalm2!  :smitten:

I was out of the house most of the day yesterday but in and out of the bed today.

I hope you are feeling better today?  :smitten:

i remember the first couple of months i felt alot of fatigue after quitting xanax when i started walking i was so tired and felt so yucky i walked with my eyes closed after 5 minuts of walking on treadmill i felt revived and i wanted to do more i kept pushing it and pushing it going up to 30 minutes on treadmill when i planed to walk just 10 when i started .

Hi blessed41...so glad you had a good day, well enough to be out of the house for the day....but now back into bed...so sorry...these waves just keep coming back....hopefully soon they will go away permanently.  Stay strong!!!!

Having terrible dark depression/fear, despair, crying spells. again today.....this has been fairly consistant for the past few weeks....with bits of time here and there of some relief.  Did you have this during your acute and if so when did it lift?  It seems to be continuing for a longer time than normal and I am feeling that this will be with me forever....Do waves last that long????

Sending healing hugs........ :hug: :hug: :smitten:

Hi becalm, the acute stage can last awhile mine was 8 weeks but i have heard of it lasting a bit longer. The fact you are getting glimpses of relief is a good sign. This happened to me just before i came out of it. Hang in there mate, your close.

Hi blessed , hope you pull out of the wave soon . The fact your in and out of bed is a good sign. My waves im 100% couchbound , thank god for my xbox! Lol

Angel thanks for the advise , i really want to excersise and im hoping im nearly well enough to start soon. I really need to lose the weight i have gained from being so inactive.

MT so glad you are managing to get some sleep . We have enough to deal without being totally sleep deprived!

Im having a bit of a rough time ATM , im constantly amazed on the amount of different shit WD throws at you. Not really getting fatigue at the moment actually have more energy than ive had in a long time but the psychological symptoms have gone through the roof. My derealisation over the last few days has ramped up to as bad as acute but along with dizziness (new symptom) and im struggling to walk straight. My head feels really weird like its pressurised and strange tingling sensation.

Its like i have a wave of fatigue then a wave of mental symptoms and a few days inbetween  i have a window but at least they dont hit at the same time!

Anyway guys hope you all are keeping well. Stay strong, everyday is a day closer to freedom