Important Survey - Please Participate ×

18 - 30 Month Plus Group

[No...]

Drew.......thanks for Baylissa thoughts she shared with you!

Hope everyone is holding on.....my burning mouth has moved down to stomach and burning thighs.....suffering from joint pains too......my gosh I was shaking this morning in pain so I caved in to Advil.....and surprise it took the burning stomach and burning thighs pain away.....so i could better handle the mouth burning issues.....but was about ready to go to ER this morning.....thinking I was dying ....pain was soooooooo bad....who would of thought Advil would of helped cause it usually never does....

Bless you all.......hope everyone has a great weekend

TM

Thanks Drew for posting what Baylissa said, it's so reassuring to get as many perspectives as possible from the people who know what they are talking about and have a mountain of experience with so many, and all of them recovering.

I think I am coming down from all the stress of recent events that have had a profound effect on me and yesterday I was in so much pain it reduced me to tears; TM I too took ibuprofen and it did help a bit. It's so much better today, I just have uncomfortable muscle spasms in upper back, neck and scalp but its been much, much worse. Not slept much recently so really tired and fatigued and a bit miserable, who isn't though, although I can have a laugh at times which feels really good. I'm trying to think how grateful I am that the past 22+ months are behind me, never to be done again.

Also I didn't know about almonds as I snack on nuts, almonds being one of them, thinking they were good. come to think of it I have been not good the day after eating them. I just put it down to coincidence.

:smitten: :smitten:

Hi Marj, sorry you're having a tough time still. Hopefully a window soon. I eat Almonds almost every day and I have since I jumped. Everyone is different, but I've only ever thought they helped me. High in natural magnesium.

We landed in Vegas last night. We're here until Sunday night for a wedding. Hopefully it will go smoothly.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Please all don't make yourself crazy about almonds.  It is most nuts but it may not even be affecting anyone except for coincidence.  Very hard to tell.  Peanuts and almonds are highest.  Macadamia and pecans much lower. 

Hey sig...hope you have a great time and are still feeling much better.

Please all don't make yourself crazy about almonds.  It is most nuts but it may not even be affecting anyone except for coincidence.  Very hard to tell.  Peanuts and almonds are highest.  Macadamia and pecans much lower. 

Hey sig...hope you have a great time and are still feeling much better.

Yes Drew, I agree....it is nuts to go crazy about nuts... :D:crazy::idiot:

Just feeling goofy this morning! Wanted to put some smiles on our faces! :laugh:

Healing is REAL. Keep fighting the good fight!

Mrs. :smitten:

hi Siggy,

Thankfully I am not as bad as I have been, yesterday was awful. Yes the almond thing, I'm not going to stop eating them as they are so good for us. We'd be eating sand if we analyzed everything. I've just cut out sugar and caffiene apart from a cup of tea on a morning and generally try to eat healithly, and of course no alcohol, but didn't really drink before.

Hope your weekend goes well and you can enjoy it. I am so happy for you to have continued round that corner and we will all get there eventually.

:smitten:

I really think I am in a small minority of folks who have food intolerances, so please don't think that almonds are not a good food to eat in withdrawal. I just happen to be still highly sensitive to glutamate in foods and I have other food intolerances as well. That is just my genetic tendency I think since my father also has this same issue.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! It is finally going to be warm and sunny here and I plan to get outside and enjoy it despite the high pollen levels!

Thanks drew & marj,

Yep Vegas is pretty crazy of course. I think we walked about 10 miles yesterday, so my legs are super sore. We wanted to try and make a trip to Hoover Dam, but we won't have time to go and be back for the wedding. We share a door with the hotel room next door. We were woken up probably around 4am by loud rap music and these girls arguing really loudly. They went on and on and on. They eventually knocked on the shared door thinking for some reason that we were friends if theirs. Had to tell them to shut the f up, that we're trying to sleep. I didn't think I'd fall back asleep, but fortunately I did. My poor wife couldn't go back to sleep though. We think the girls were the seasonal prostitutes that come to Vegas for a few weeks every year to make money. The gist of the argument as far as we can tell is that one of them got drunk and blew all her money gambling. So that's the start of today!

Hi Buddies,

Just came back to give you an update.  I started my 28th month 2 days ago.  I wish I had good news to report but I don't. I'm still suffering with a lot of body pain. Plus I'm still very boaty (the  feeling of walking or standing on a rocking boat) I have it 24/7. It's not to bad if Im lying or sitting down, but standing and Walking is difficult. I now have a wheeled walker to use which really helps. I'm going to try to walk more outside now that I have that. I also still have  stinging skin and numb feet.

The only improvement is I am sleeping more, at least 6 hrs a day. Last night I went to sleep at 12:30am and slept till 8am.  I usually don't sleep until 4 am.  Perhaps it was the Lyrica I took and 9 pm.

I've been using Lyrica but a small dose 25mg. I read that the dose should be 150mg A day, so last night I took 100mg and it really helped with the body pain. I'm going back to my doc on Mon and get a higher dose prescription. I need something so so can at least get off the sofa.  I had a wave this week that really knocked me for a loop. Probably the worst one ever, so the Lyrica was a life saver.

I'll keep you posted as to how the Lyrica works at the higher dose.

I wish all of you the best and hope you heal soon.

Trust me you don't have to be a seasonal prostitute to get drunk and blow your money in Vegas  :laugh:

Very true!

We're close to breaking even. Lost some on slots and roulette, then made it all back on roulette. I'm not a big gambler though. We haven't played over $200 total. Most of our time here has been walking around looking at the sites.

Hi everyone, it's quiet on here.

Sorry Korbe that it's still so difficult but you are still getting there.

Well I'm so foggy today I don't know what to say but I wanted to check in. I have been sleeping better although still feel fatigued. This weekend has been one of 2 halves. Saturday was misery and Sunday was better although I had a very spacey head, I managed to bake 4 cakes, took a walk with my mother and did my other chores (still not managed to clean my house top to bottom which drives me crazy). I don't have muscle pain as such, just that awful feeling that they are made of concrete, especially neck and head. I find this drains my energy even more. No anxiety either even though my chest is tight so I think this is all general muscle/tendon tightening which is so uncomfortable. Spring is so near now and I really though this would be gone and my joy would be back. There's still time I suppose. Really trying to think positive today as the negatives are flowing today. Oh well, got through this so far...............

Hi Korbe, my doctor told me he wasn't happy to prescribe me Lyrica to aid my benzo withdrawal as he said it would just be replacing one GABA drug with another so my receptors would never actually be healing and learning to function normally on their own? Do you have any info/insight on that? I'm 16 months out and not seeing much improvement at all, completely housebound with fatigue, my nervous system is so frazzled i still can't even watch a movie on TV, so just want to know what options are available to me. Thanks :thumbsup:

Hi all...plodding along in benzo world.  I tried a bit of physical activity yesterday which consisted of just GENTLE walking for thirty minutes(1.5 miles at 20 min mile pace).  It was in no way aerobic.  All i know is after I finished my whole body tightened up in my legs and back.  That led to Vise Neck which led to The Headache.  After that died down I was wakened with a 1am cortisol rush which I haven't had for a while.  Baylissa suggested I stop all exercise for a month or two to let my CNS settle down but I didn't think walking 20 minute miles would screw me.  Just depressing as I feel like my body is just so unhealthy not moving.

I just can't seem to get anything going in the way of exercise.  that is all :P

Drew,

Sorry about your exercise intolerance, but Baylissa is probably right about resting completely to settle down your CNS, especially when just a little walking makes everything escalate a bit.  You are still healing, in spite of revved symptoms.

Love, Sofa

Sounds like a lot  of us are dealing with muscle pain.....I came down with some kind of virus......nasty cough....but my muscle pain increased so much....had terrible thigh pains....but all over muscle tightening....it seemed a lot better this morning.....just my normal but terrible mouth issues...then my daughter who is 16 took my car to spend some time with friends it's the first day of spring break....well she had an accident....my car is in bad shape....but happy that her and her friends are fine but the other car flipped and they had to take one person to hospital...but police said it's just precaution due to age.....nothing really seemed to wrong with person.....but darn...my nervous system just can't handle crisis like it use too........my nerves just have been firing off....all over body tingling....and vibrating since the accident......it's like I can't handle any stress....

TM

Korbe,

I'm right there with you starting month 28. I was doing much better the last 6 weeks and than slammed the last 8 days with a horrible wave. I get heavy nausea, ringing in the head, and full body electrocution. Those are my wave symptoms. I have to say the waves still feel like day one. I don't think they will ever improve until they leave for good. Let's hope this is the last wave for both of us. It has to end right? Stay strong!!  :thumbsup:.

Well another foggy day and now I have head pressure (like there isn't enough room for my brain) and the rock neck which I think are connected. Not as bad as yesterday and I slept bad last night after an altercation with my daughter. I understand where you are coming from TM, it's a simple fact that we cannot handle these things, but we do, it just has a knock on effect. The coping skills we learn will be amazing for the est of our lives.

Just have to get on with it as miserable as it is. Will be 23 months in a few days. Never mind it's not permanent and how wonderful it will be when it's gone.

Sofa, I like what you wrote  :smitten:

Hi Korbe, my doctor told me he wasn't happy to prescribe me Lyrica to aid my benzo withdrawal as he said it would just be replacing one GABA drug with another so my receptors would never actually be healing and learning to function normally on their own? Do you have any info/insight on that? I'm 16 months out and not seeing much improvement at all, completely housebound with fatigue, my nervous system is so frazzled i still can't even watch a movie on TV, so just want to know what options are available to me. Thanks :thumbsup:

I don't think Lyrica is another gabba drug. It's one of the drugs recommended for withdrawal. But I will research it to see for sure.  It does help with body aches and pain ., but not with the burning skin on my shins. 75mg makes me sleepy too.

Korbe,

I'm right there with you starting month 28. I was doing much better the last 6 weeks and than slammed the last 8 days with a horrible wave. I get heavy nausea, ringing in the head, and full body electrocution. Those are my wave symptoms. I have to say the waves still feel like day one. I don't think they will ever improve until they leave for good. Let's hope this is the last wave for both of us. It has to end right? Stay strong!!  :thumbsup:.

So sorry you're suffering after surviving so long. The full body electrocution is the worst thing I have experienced. It's happened 7 times in the last 3 weeks. It never happened before, but much worse than anything that happened in my first months of acute.

Thanks for the positive thoughts. Yes, this will end, let's hope it's sooner than later.

Here is some info about Lyrics:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › PMC2796047

While pregabalin is a structural derivative of the inhibitory neurotransmittergammaaminobutyric acid (GABA), it does not bind directly to GABAA, GABAB, or benzodiazepine receptors, does not augment GABAA responses in cultured neurons, does not alter rat brain GABA concentration or have acute effects on GABA uptake or degradation. However, in cultured neurons prolonged application of pregabalin increases the density of GABA transporter protein and increases the rate of functional GABA transport. Pregabalin does not block sodium channels, is not active at opiate receptors, and does not altercyclooxygenase enzyme activity. It is inactive at serotonin and dopamine receptors and does not inhibit dopamine, serotonin, or noradrenaline reuptake.

Pregabalin was also effective in the treatment of benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms in even chronic abusers.22-24 This issue is in particular important since many psychiatric patients as well as those seen in general practice have been easily exposed to abuse or dependence, which may lead to comorbid psychiatric and medical conditions as well as increment of individual and public health care costs. Hence pregabalin may be quite helpful when it could be applicable to the biological detoxification programs.

Stuck,

Adding another med to ease your withdrawal might actually make things worse for you.  All drugs come with their own side effects and then you have yet another drug to taper.  There is no drug that exists that will help with WD or we would all be on it and this forum would not exist.  Nobody knows your suffering and your limitations on how much of this you can take.  I pray you make the right decision and that it all works out for you.

Love, Sofa

Where is everyone?

23 month off today and while some things are better and I've had better days than today I have been in excruciating pain all day, sort of burning mainly in upper body, neck, head. If I'm honest it really scares me, but I know it's really common. Still feeling really tired even though sleep has improved. I actually wake up OK and then things set in for the day and it's mainly physical muscle/tendon/ligament stuff and it's horrible. Today is particularly bad though.

Really thought I'd be back to normal by now. Don't know how we put up with this for so long.

Oh yes, just been reminded that my hearing is so sensitive. People banging things, sneezing etc really freaks me. I think what's going on with me at the moment is based on my nerves that I hope are regenerating.

Hey Marj--

I'm here!  Sorry you are having such a rough time.  Just know that it's not forever.  I've spent a lot of time feeling just as you do, only now I"m well.  It feels great!  The feeling of a calm brain is just incredible.

On another thread somebody wrote about our problems with our CNS all having to do with the vagus nerve.  They said yoga is the best way to calm it down.  Maybe that's true.  I've hooked myself on a daily yoga routine first thing every morning and I mean I haven't missed more than a day or two in months, and that was on days I made it to the gym instead.  So maybe that's been helping me.

Time--I've decided it's the simplest Rx and also the most difficult. :thumbsup::smitten:  Hang in there, all!