Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

18 - 30 Month Plus Group

[No...]

Sky!

Hi there. Thanks for the encouragement and from giving me a glimpse into a year ago. A lot has changed and still... It's hard every day. For me, dr is with me always. Am I the only one who never gets a break from it? It's really discouraging but I try to let it be and not fight with it.

You are a nomad. I applaud you're ability to do this, no matter how hard it is. If we were in the middle of a move....well, I can't even imagine!! And you're still giving lessons. Amazing.

I'm glad you've been able to get online here and there. It's always good to hear from you.

Keep us posted.

Peace2

Drew ... chipper? ... hmmm ...  ;D

Sounds like you are in a groove with the PMR ... hope it hangs in there for you ...

Nova-all I know is  four days without a headache and no really bad days.  I'm not changing my routine.  Just happy to have some decent experiences in meetings and whole foods instead of rushing to the exits in pain.

Nova,  :) Thank you for the kind words!  Also, my hubby picked me up ginger tea on his way home this evening. Giving it a try now! 

I can't believe it!  I was so impressed with my head clearing and the vertigo ect....    Through out this healing process I certainly wasn't physically comfortable but nothing like this.  Anyone know if that's normal or have experienced the mental sx dissolve to only be introduced to the physical?...

Drew, Congrats! You seem to be in a good place right now!  :thumbsup:

As soon as I can get outta this darn bed I am so starting that technique in my daily routine!

Hi Everyone!  Oh my goodness....a new thread!  I came on to check up on how everyone was doing and almost got lost.  ;)  Here's my dilemma:  I feel weird about coming on and talking about my post-success story life.  I'm not sure if you want to hear how I'm doing or not.  I know that I craved evidence of people healing when I was so very miserable and sick, but now that I'm on the other side I feel more unsure.  So, thoughts? 

School started up last week and I have been working long hours and I can feel it in my exhaustion level.  So good to get back to my routine and I'm loving it!  I have a great class this year.  :smitten:  I have the additional stress of 3 out of our 5 elementary teachers being new, and I get the majority of the responsibility to train them in our particular procedures.  My anxiety is low to non-existent, despite the natural anxiety that many changes can cause.  It's my older daughter's senior year and I am incredibly thankful that I got out of the benzo mess when I did!  I can enjoy it, and revel in the bittersweet moments, without being crumpled up in fear and anxiety. 

I think of you all often and I will be going back and reading how you all are doing.

Love to you!

HH

HH,

I love hearing from you, absolutely love it. It's so good to know it really does end!

Did you have dr? If so did you have it past 20 months?

Love,

Peace2

Hi Peace!

I had some dr, but my mental stuff was more anxiety, looping thoughts, and depression.  However, if my awful anxiety, looping thoughts, and depression can go away, so will your dr.  I did have it past 20 months.  20 months for me was March and I was struggling VERY much.  My anxiety was really bad and I was dealing with intermittent depression.  My physical symptoms were also quite bad....lots of pain and inflammation, especially around my ribcage.

How are you doing?  How's the new school year?

HH-

School year has started. Three weeks in and it's better than last year. It's my second year at the school so last year was ridiculous for many reasons. But I'm better able to multitask, better able to remember what I've told the children and follow through, more likely to actually use my prep time to prep instead of zone off into complete despair and other worlds. So, that's all good. My mood is mostly more stable. But my mood at my period is still dangerously low and my dr is constant. So, all I can do is keep going and hoping that this gets better as it did for you and the others we here from. But I'm tired!

Keep checking in with us. We need to hear from you.

Peace 2

Hi Everyone!  Oh my goodness....a new thread!  I came on to check up on how everyone was doing and almost got lost.  ;)  Here's my dilemma:  I feel weird about coming on and talking about my post-success story life.  I'm not sure if you want to hear how I'm doing or not.  I know that I craved evidence of people healing when I was so very miserable and sick, but now that I'm on the other side I feel more unsure.  So, thoughts? 

School started up last week and I have been working long hours and I can feel it in my exhaustion level.  So good to get back to my routine and I'm loving it!  I have a great class this year.  :smitten:  I have the additional stress of 3 out of our 5 elementary teachers being new, and I get the majority of the responsibility to train them in our particular procedures.  My anxiety is low to non-existent, despite the natural anxiety that many changes can cause.  It's my older daughter's senior year and I am incredibly thankful that I got out of the benzo mess when I did!  I can enjoy it, and revel in the bittersweet moments, without being crumpled up in fear and anxiety. 

I think of you all often and I will be going back and reading how you all are doing.

Love to you!

HH

HH, you should know better!  Of course we want to hear!  I do.  I was thinking of you tonight as I was walking through the streets of Manhattan with my squeezing chest and wondering if I would be like you, and this would be the beginning of the end. 

We have to hear from people who healed and stay healed.  That's what I want to know, that people really do get better, and it sticks, they're really better.

I'm so glad to hear the year is starting off so well.  I can remember you posting when things were not so well at all and you were wondering how you were going to manage. it's wonderful to hear from you.  :smitten:

Nova,  :) Thank you for the kind words!  Also, my hubby picked me up ginger tea on his way home this evening. Giving it a try now! 

I can't believe it!  I was so impressed with my head clearing and the vertigo ect....    Through out this healing process I certainly wasn't physically comfortable but nothing like this.  Anyone know if that's normal or have experienced the mental sx dissolve to only be introduced to the physical?...

Welcome to my world, lol!  Yes, it's very common.  You're on the right track, the healing track.

Green ... the Cosgrove/Whitaker book "Psychiatry Under The Influence" ... documents 50 years of this stuff regarding so-called trials and/or studies ...

Good to see there may be a little momentum from others ...

Bottom line ... there is no study/trial anywhere demonstrating any efficacy for any psychiatric med other than in very short-term acute situations ... I know that is a very global statement ... and ... all I can say is "show me otherwise" ...

Any use of any drug long term or the use of poly-drugging is known to harm anyone ... when these studies/trials are taken apart and examined using the scientific method and integrity they all show better outcomes for patients who are not drugged at any time other than in those very short term acute situations ...

I believe there is no "other side" to this story ... the public has been lied to and abused by both the drug companies and prescribing doctors for more than 50 years ... 

The only solution I can see is to make this stuff public knowledge, stop all drug advertising, and get people off these drugs ... this is indeed an "epidemic" intentionally created ... and ... the problem is not confined to psychotropic drugs ...

Amen ...

You're preaching to the choir!!  Is it any wonder you're still not comfortable in the hospital!

I would like to think things will change.  but in my heart, I don't believe they will.  too much money to be made  :(

Green n Nova-another scorching write up today in the Opinion Pages oof NYTs of Johnson & Johnson. They lied about risperodol(sp?).  They paid $2billion in fines but made $18.  Read if you can.

Okay...did my PMR again after symptoms gradually rise in am.  I came back from meditation and had a one hour work meeting.  While my brain was squeezing a bit my overall symptom level was down by about 50-75%.  Very optomistic this is helping and will continue.

I will check that out.  bad, bad drug. 

Glad to hear you're a little better.  :smitten:

When I came On my way! Not in my usual exhausted stres state my fiancé said "you seem chipper".  Me???  Chipper :laugh:

Antidepressant Paxil Is Unsafe for Teenagers, New Analysis Says

By BENEDICT CAREYSEPT. 16, 2015

A reanalysis of a 2001 study found that Paxil, the antidepressant, is not safe for teenagers. Credit Joe Raedle/Getty Images

Cheryl Eckard, center, with her lawyers Lesley Ann Skillen and Neil Getnick on Tuesday.

Study Advises Against Drugs For Children In Depression

Fourteen years ago, a leading drug maker published a study showing that the antidepressant Paxil was safe and effective for teenagers. On Wednesday, a major medical journal posted a new analysis of the same data concluding that the opposite is true.

That study — featured prominently by the journal BMJ — is a clear break from scientific custom and reflects a new era in scientific publishing, some experts said, opening the way for journals to post multiple interpretations of the same experiment. It comes at a time of self-examination across science — retractions are at an all-time high; recent cases of fraud have shaken fields as diverse as anesthesia and political science; and earlier this month researchers reported that less than half of a sample of psychology papers held up.

“This paper is alarming, but its existence is a good thing,” said Brian Nosek, a professor of psychology at the University of Virginia, who was not involved in either the original study or the reanalysis. “It signals that the community is waking up, checking its work and doing what science is supposed to do — self-correct.”

this was from the NY Times.  Maybe things are starting to change.

This is awesome. Because if nothing else, we at least deserve the truth. I hope things are changing. With our access to information it's got to be harder to lie to the public. Tell us the truth!

Lots of people are seeing these articles. My sister sent me a link to this very one. I'm glad it's coming at her from sources other than me.

Peace2

Absolutely!  The problem is if they only have to pay a $2 B fine and they're making 18 B

No Sky, you would never upset me. I saw it on Bloom in Wellness and just read the positive bit about the fact he had or was getting better. On a funny note Luke Montague who the article is about is the son of The Earl of Sandwich. He is a massive campaigner about these issues. anyway he has a daughter called Lettuce.... true  :D

Marj, no one can say you guys don't have a sense of humour, right ?

Yes, I am familiar with his story, they talk about it a lot on bloom in wellness. He is my hero, doing so much to try to inform people on the topic.

I have just been fighting through my lesson here at the cafè.

of course, the minute I sat down, some guys with a pneumatic drill got started !

But I was able finally to have my lesson. I have two more this afternoon, hope it works out, many technical wrinkles to iron out.

But it helps give focus to my wd, I have this sick energy that needs channeling somehow.

Peace, Dr is still one of my biggy simptoms.

I think it's not the same kind as say, a year ago, but it's still there. We don't notice the symptoms evolve, even when they aer still there.

At least, that's how it is for me.

HH, your updates are always welcome. I actually look forward to them, you know how to present them tactfully. Plus, we know you, so we are so happy to hear everything.

Drew, so funny about your Gf finding you chipper !

But that's how it is for them, they too, deep down  inside, are afraid we are going to stay this way forever. And our spouses notice things we can't see that of course, differ from how we actually feel.

Everybody, there is a nice sun here at the café, so here I am, soaking it up.

Have a better day everyone.  Heal away.  :smitten:

Hi Sky ... good morning ... you are sounding good ... do I detect a little bounce? ... or is Drew handing out chipper-brownies? ...  ;D

Have a good day ... I insist ...  :thumbsup:

HH ... so good to hear from you ... and yes, I love hearing from folks who have made it to the other side and are functioning well ...

Have a very good year ... hell, have a great life ... and stay in touch if you can ...  :smitten:

A reanalysis of a 2001 study found that Paxil, the antidepressant, is not safe for teenagers. Credit Joe Raedle/Getty Images

Cheryl Eckard, center, with her lawyers Lesley Ann Skillen and Neil Getnick on Tuesday.

Fourteen years ago, a leading drug maker published a study showing that the antidepressant Paxil was safe and effective for teenagers. On Wednesday, a major medical journal posted a new analysis of the same data concluding that the opposite is true.

That study — featured prominently by the journal BMJ — is a clear break from scientific custom and reflects a new era in scientific publishing, some experts said, opening the way for journals to post multiple interpretations of the same experiment. It comes at a time of self-examination across science — retractions are at an all-time high; recent cases of fraud have shaken fields as diverse as anesthesia and political science; and earlier this month researchers reported that less than half of a sample of psychology papers held up.

“This paper is alarming, but its existence is a good thing,” said Brian Nosek, a professor of psychology at the University of Virginia, who was not involved in either the original study or the reanalysis. “It signals that the community is waking up, checking its work and doing what science is supposed to do — self-correct.”

This is awesome. Because if nothing else, we at least deserve the truth. I hope things are changing. With our access to information it's got to be harder to lie to the public. Tell us the truth!

Lots of people are seeing these articles. My sister sent me a link to this very one. I'm glad it's coming at her from sources other than me.

Peace2

Absolutely!  The problem is if they only have to pay a $2 B fine and they're making 18 B

Right. But the idea is that as more people get savvy, share there true and horrific experiences with all these drugs, people will hopefully take less. So, I'm not putting much faith in the FDA or the drug industry. It's the media that I'm looking to at the moment to move the truth along.

Fingers Crossed.

Peace2

Sky,

You are really wonder woman right now, whether you realize it or not. Seriously, working on the fly with intrusive noise in the background would be hard for anyone, even without symptoms. Thanks for letting me know about your experience with dr. It's such a tenacious one, makes working very hard. But I suppose they all do.

I read that Baylissa had dr up to the end as did the bb who goes by eli. Eli had it as his last symptom to go around 30 months. I'm bracing for that possibility, while holding onto the happy happy posts he 's posted in his healing. Oh, life will be sweet!

Have the best day possible, Sky! I'm so glad it's Friday!

Peace2

Good Morning ... slept okay ... did a two hour marsh walk this morning ... well, more of a stroll than a walk ... anyway ... feeling kind of banged up ... don't know what that is about ...

The good news is the head pressure seems to have gone the way of the benzo belly and the anxiety/panic stuff ... maybe ...

Have a good day ...  :thumbsup:

Peace2

Right. But the idea is that as more people get savvy, share there true and horrific experiences with all these drugs, people will hopefully take less. So, I'm not putting much faith in the FDA or the drug industry. It's the media that I'm looking to at the moment to move the truth along.

Fingers Crossed.

Peace2

When The New York Times runs two different articles I. Two days and they are in the "most emailed" part of the online section something is changing.  I'm not saying things will change right away but the pendulum has started to swing in our direction. My dad even commented to me on how many things I've been telling him were listed in the articles.  We atleast may no longer be "the crazy ones"