18 - 30 Month Plus Group

[No...]

Green,

Thank you for writing & sharing your month 22 story. I'm like you, i need to know what's happening with others, so I don't feel I'm the only one. I'm still in the middle of month 22 so perfect timing for me.

You sound better. Hope #23 will be excellerated healing for you.

Coop,

So sorry you've got the real flu. Must be awful combined with W/d.  Lots of fluids & rest and it will be over soon.

Has any one gotten a flu shot while in w/d? I used to get one every year, but haven't for the last two. I was afraid it might make w/d worse.

Korbe, like all things, there's is a lot of disagreement over flu shots. Many have had them with no problem at all, but I wasn't one of them. I had one around this time last year, and it took several months to recover from it. It could have been totally unrelated, but I won't take a chance on another one!

Korbe ... no flu shot for me ... three years ago went sort of crazy for a few weeks after one ... haven't had one since ...

And ... at least in these parts, there is a pretty good consensus that the last two years' shots were basically worthless anyway ...

Keep going ... month 22 turns into month 23 ... we are all getting closer ...  :thumbsup:

Hello Everyone! THANKYOU for starting this wonderful thread! Hoping I can join in! I was ready to write my success story back in May! Sure glade I held off! Was doing great then hit hard in late May early June! Just starting to crawl out of it, thank God!  It's great to hear from so many in this time frame!    My headaches and virtigo finally lifted a month ago! 😍 My head is so much clearer than its been which is wonderful! I sure hope that stays gone!  I know everyone is so much different but I won't even ingest a Tylenol after this experience lol!!  I do have to say I found pure organic peppermint oil from a homeopathic doc and it helped ALOT with these symptoms!!  I also had to go gluten free I was having major anxiety after eating with heart palpitations which has 90% gone away after!  Lately I have just been extremely sore muscle weakness like crazy feel as if someone is squeezing my shoulders in a vice grip!  Some burning skin and of course Anxiety along with this horrible gastro stuff!  But sleeping well!  Can't believe this roller coaster ride we are all on!  Not complaining though hoping everyone here peace and healing!  For me at least the anxiety is the worst part of all this!  Anyone still battling the anxiety at this stage???        Any suggestions???          Thanks, Miss.Jen

Check to all of the above except gastric issues...

Jen-I ahve jsut started progressive muscle relaxaton.  I really think it helped abort two bad headaches trying to break through in the last day. I I meditate all the time but I added this in because my muscles are way tighter all the time than i realized.  I woke up with the vice neck at 12:45am ane this is a precursor to the painful headaches.  I did the PMR and I fell back to sleep.  I can feel the head stuff lurking but no bad headache.  Glad your headaches are much less as this is one of my worst symptoms along with not being able to handle any stress.  Welcome!!!

Slept pretty well the last two nights. Head stuff is still here, but has diminished a little.

Nova, hospitals really creep me out too. I had to have surgery as a kid and was in there for about 2 weeks. I had surgery on my left ureter (tube going from kidney to bladder), so I had a catheter in me the whole time. Very painful and uncomfortable.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Tonight is the last night for my friend to be in town. He heads home tomorrow.

Just like to share this with you all.

I've been frantically trying different things in the hope of reducing my extreme anxiety which is really bubbling at the surface nowadays.

Acupuncture, pyschotherapies, pyschoanalysis, 12 step groups ( which have really helped with my alcoholism ), energy healers, nutritionists, vitamin and amino acid supplementation and all to no effect really. As we all know muscle pain is a big benzo w/d s/x and at the moment I have extremely tense muscles all over the body and I've been having a sort of tendinitis on my right heel and a physio has been looking at it trying to massage it back to health with specific exercises. However at my usual weekly session today he said that its not a normal tendinitis and that its due to a global overload in my body. He placed his hands on the sides of my ribs and gently applied pressure over a certain period and all of a sudden I felt this indescribable hot frightening sensation around my lungs and it was as if some strange blocked energy ws trying to escape and I could feel it moving up to my throat and I began willing it to get the fuck out of my body but the moment I started willing it to go it seemed to stop in its tracks. Anyway even though it is still there it gave me some hope that maybe this is like some kind of blocked emotion that needs to be freed and maybe it is part of the healing process.. So I'm rambling on a bit and I don't really know what happened but it feels like something positive or some kind of release could happen soon but I've been suffering for so long that I find myself being very wary of believing the hope I feel...ah well, it was something new for me today anyway and thats welcome......

Well, I check on you guys every now and then and found that you up and moved!

I hear improvement and so happy for each of you! I still think of each of you as part of my family, as you were there, understanding, when others were not!

I'm doing well, do have short stints with anxiety, but they come and go quickly! Just getting over a bought with shingles. This is the second time I've had it.

I pray for all of you regularly!!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I've been frantically trying different things in the hope of reducing my extreme anxiety which is really bubbling at the surface nowadays.

Acupuncture, pyschotherapies, pyschoanalysis, 12 step groups ( which have really helped with my alcoholism ), energy healers, nutritionists, vitamin and amino acid supplementation and all to no effect really. As we all know muscle pain is a big benzo w/d s/x and at the moment I have extremely tense muscles all over the body and I've been having a sort of tendinitis on my right heel and a physio has been looking at it trying to massage it back to health with specific exercises. However at my usual weekly session today he said that its not a normal tendinitis and that its due to a global overload in my body. He placed his hands on the sides of my ribs and gently applied pressure over a certain period and all of a sudden I felt this indescribable hot frightening sensation around my lungs and it was as if some strange blocked energy ws trying to escape and I could feel it moving up to my throat and I began willing it to get the fuck out of my body but the moment I started willing it to go it seemed to stop in its tracks. Anyway even though it is still there it gave me some hope that maybe this is like some kind of blocked emotion that needs to be freed and maybe it is part of the healing process.. So I'm rambling on a bit and I don't really know what happened but it feels like something positive or some kind of release could happen soon but I've been suffering for so long that I find myself being very wary of believing the hope I feel...ah well, it was something new for me today anyway and thats welcome......

Nico, you're just about a year from jump, valium.  I read on an addiction site that we tend to get major waves at certain milestone months, 6, 12, 18.  and I have found that to be very true.  So month 12 was very tough.  Then things got better about two weeks into the first year.

Be patient.  Things will get better.  It's okay that you try different therapies, treatments, but what I have learned on this site, and found to be very true, is that time, and time alone, is the only thing that heals us.  We have to give our neurotransmitters time to reconfigure, hopefully to something close to factory settings :thumbsup:

Hang in there, it gets better, it just takes a little time. :smitten:

Well, I check on you guys every now and then and found that you up and moved!

I hear improvement and so happy for each of you! I still think of each of you as part of my family, as you were there, understanding, when others were not!

I'm doing well, do have short stints with anxiety, but they come and go quickly! Just getting over a bought with shingles. This is the second time I've had it.

I pray for all of you regularly!!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

GMIT, so, so nice to see you!  Glad to hear things are well with you.

What is it with us and shingles?!  I remember Coop having it, too.  Do you think it's the stress, all the revving we do?  Hope this clears up for you quickly.

I actually had it another time, yes, this is the second time! My doctor said I should get the shingles vaccination but my insurance doesn't cover it till you're at least 50. I'm only 48!

Could be stress, I have gastroparesis and several autoimmune issues. I have a very difficult time trusting the doctors!

How are you?

:smitten:

Nova,    My mother had a knee replacement and I went to visit!  Not a good idea on my part!  After my c/t ER stint!  I hadn't been back into a hospital since and oh my did the emotions and panic come right back!  I guess I have some work to do on that but I seriously could not get out of there fast enough!    Idk why but ever since all of this I don't do well in the clinic or hospital! 

Coop, wishing you well!  I came down with the flu last year during acute wd.  Getting slammed with the benzo flu is enough add the actual flu to that! I am so sorry it's a double whammy!  Best of Luck to you, lots of water and rest!

Nicolaud, I have tried a lot of things also.  Acupuncture seemed to rev me up the day of and after but then it was like I had made progress. Idk if that makes any sense? But I would go expecting to feel a bit worse after for 24 hours but then better than prior to going!  Idk but my homeopathic doc has been my rock through out this, and of course my hubby.  Essential oils  and acupuncture have been a God send to me!  I just wish I would have started with this instead of the benzos.    Live and Learn I guess! 

Hey went to the doctor today for a case of athletes foot I just can't get rid of. He prescribed Fluconazole for me. Looks like it is used for yeast infections. Any of you ever take this and did it give you any problems.

I haven't but I treat my husbands with tea tree oil! Gone with in two to three days! If you are looking for something to treat it without side effects. Clean foot dry off dab some 100% organic tea tree oil onto a cotton ball and apply directly on area of foot put clean sock on before going to bed and then when waking up! Honesty two or three days and huge improvements!!! 

Nico, you're just about a year from jump, valium.  I read on an addiction site that we tend to get major waves at certain milestone months, 6, 12, 18.  and I have found that to be very true.  So month 12 was very tough.  Then things got better about two weeks into the first year.

Be patient.  Things will get better.  It's okay that you try different therapies, treatments, but what I have learned on this site, and found to be very true, is that time, and time alone, is the only thing that heals us.  We have to give our neurotransmitters time to reconfigure, hopefully to something close to factory settings :thumbsup:

Hang in there, it gets better, it just takes a little time. :smitten:

I agree with the milestone thing! Month 6 was TERRIBLE for me!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Hi All,

I’m struggling at work at moment with debilitating neck and head tightness/pressure, general muscle rigidity and fatigue. Makes it difficult to focus so going to go for my walk. I’m trying to stay as positive as possible but these symptoms are so intense.

Coop I hope you are feeling better  :smitten:

Welcome all the newbies

Marj-

I'm sorry. I'm struggling to push through at work through. For me, it's the constant dr. Very hard to focus with these symptoms.

Hoping things ease up and we both get through this day with a little bit of grace.

Peace2

Anyone else have constant dr? It ebbs and flows but is always present.

It still just amazes me that it can take this long, have this effect, so long after quitting this drug! It makes me SO extremely sad that doctors hand this out for so many things!

Craziness!

:smitten:

Anyone else have days where you question yourself and if this really is benzo related! It seems days like today are the worse for me.  It takes so much work to convince yourself that it's the benzo and not you!  Idk feeling frustrated I guess!  Especially when all the medical doctors think your crazy....  And I find myself trying to reason it all out and that makes it worse!  I had no idea what was happening to me before and during my huge acute stage so maybe going through it without being educated on it really made me feel like a crazy person who went mad!  Idk....    I give credit to all you who can work ect...    I absolutely freak out if I feel trapped somewhere!  It's strange but I actually became extremely agoraphobic during this experience!  I didn't even know that was a thing! I spent 6 weeks in my closet then a month or two in my room then a few months in my house.  Now I can pretty much go anywhere in the town I live in but leaving town frightens me! Idk it's crazy!  When I get into a window it's easier but still a drag thinking about it makes me actually sick!  Anyone else struggle with anything like this?      Thanks 😳

Also I should add before all of this my one goal in life was to travel the world with my hubby and kiddos!  And now if I leave my town it's like nervouse breakdown city....   

Miss Jen....I now have OCD ....due to thinking its not benzo withdrawal....but some aweful disease...one night my hubby had to talk me down...I was convinced I had 5 different cancers and a nerve disease....so how sad is that!

The positive side is that I don't spend money shopping anymore....shopping use to be my happy pill if having a bad week....now i run into store get what I need and run out

Hate to travel...sleeping is so bad...how I'm I to sleep in a hotel with family...in one room...When I don't sleep half of the night?

But this is signs of healing....is what I say......smile.....and go with the flow....in time it will get easier...

Hugs! TM

Thank you Texas Mama,  :smitten:    My hubby and Natural Doc who have both known me my entire life keep reinforcing that same point!  My hubby reminds me how I used to take road trips solo in the summer time with my kiddos when they were out of school and he was working!  They both think I have made amazing progress and think its great I am out of the closet lol and at the grocery store!  But man to me that just sounds so dumb ya know! Like my family is celebrating my grocery shop two blocks from my house!  It's just sooooo crazy!  :tickedoff:  I think the big problem for me is I just keep telling my self make it to month 18!  That was my goal through out this entire process. And now at 19.5  :'(.    But I am guessing others here feel the same way!  And I was so happy to see this thread :D :D :smitten:  I went on to the protracted a few days ago and after a few posts I had to find a paper bag to breathe in!  I am not trying to sound un compassion it but reading thing into year 3 or 4 just was not a good thing for my mental stage! I hope I have the strength someday but it's not today!!!