18 - 30 Month Plus Group

[No...]

Siggy ... good to hear you are enjoying your time with your friend ... the tired and the crappy stuff will go away eventually ...

Have a good evening ...  :thumbsup:

Yep in the mode of this wave will never get better. Really hard to deal with this stuff.

Siggy ... yep ... we often feel this stuff will never go away ... and this is all we will get out of our efforts to heal ... and ... we all know that we will get better, we just wish it would happen a whole lot sooner ...

Hi all...just jumping naked in the tub and thought I'd say hi! :smitten: :smitten: :laugh:

I had low grade head pressure/headache/whatever the hell we want to call it all day  and it followed my pattern.  It's low grade and then insanely ramps up with the top of my neck/bottom skull area tightening like a vise and causing way more pain.  Seems to be my symptom of hell for the last few months and I know I'm not alone.  When this stuff passes oh how much better I'll be. 

Like Sig I get stuck feeling this can go on for years because I've had very few breaks from the head stuff.

Same thing here drew. Damn tension all in my neck and back. I think I've always carried tension like this, but somehow my body doesn't cope with it like it use to. Plus I could have a beer or glass of wine to lessen that. Now I can't even do that. Sorry you feel like crap too. I'm lucky to not have the migraine stuff like you. I do have terrible insomnia though, which just crushes me. No sleep problems before this junk. I can't wait to get over this too. I had to skip doing dinner with my mom tonight. She is in town over night tonight because she's catching a plane tomorrow. Hopefully tonight I'll sleep ok. It doesn't help my head problems, but at least I don't feel as bad as when I don't sleep. I usually wake up with my head hurting.

Ok for the past five hours ....my throat is tight....like I'm having an allergic reaction to something....I hate this..........

Hope tomorrow is better!

Hugs! TM

What is this throat thing....it gags me at times....oh well....

I will be off the thread today. I am so sick I can't turn over in bed . This has to be true flu. My body feels like a truck ran over me. Nausea that rolls with the slightest mortion. Woozy and boaty. I took a half of a drammamine for the nausea last night, now I have a burning headache. My legs are on fire ( I have not ever had burning legs). I have slept maybe 90 minutes.    I can't imagine emerging from this alive. I have been in doctor's offices twice last week.  I am sure I picked up a death bug. This absolutely does not feel like w/d. 

Has anyone had the real flu?....Does it feel like this?  .I won't be doing anything today except getting the dog out and soaking in Epsome salts. . 

Wishing everyone a day with sunbreaks.    coop

Coop, feel better!  I'm finally feeling better, but I was sick as a dog.  I hate to even suggest this might be withdrawal.  I  had terrible nausea, terrible boaty, vertigo, struggled to even get out the door, was really feeling ill.  Dragging myself around.  It  lifted a little in the last few days, but I had a rough time with it.

Hoping yours is garden variety flu, that's easier to deal with, I think.

Has the flu even started?  You def could have picked something up at the doctor's office.  Feel better :smitten:

Texas mama....were you the one with the teeth pain? this is why I get a ton of headaches but Ashton Manual also mentions teeth pain-Headaches are usually of the "tension headache" type, due to contraction of muscles at the back of the neck, scalp and forehead - often described as a "tight band around the head". Pain in the jaw and teeth is probably due to involuntary jaw clenching, which often occurs unconsciously during sleep.

Hi 18-30 buddies....thank you so much for the well wishes. .  I don't have a hope in hell of digging through the tangle of my mind to answer posts.  I survived the day but truly wanted to be comatose until this is over. I still have a raging headache, nausea, sore throat, cough , sore eyes reflux and a 102 temp. 

but, believe it or not I actually feel a little better...I swear to God I had those awful flu hallucination like awake dreams that you get when you are sick. I really don't care if it's w/d or the flu... either way it's impending death ....feels like. The burning legs got all the way better because I stayed in bed ....all 24 +  hours....but.  I am thinking it's on the upswing....barely, but I will take it

Take care all.  I Wil come back on sometime tomorrow. 

Wishing everyone a restful night and a good tomorrow.  .coop

Drew......yes I'm the one with the lovely teeth issues

I wear a night guard...at night....my jaw doesnt lock anymore but I have severe pressure in upper top left side also the area where I had root canal extraction.....it's bad some days...I cry nothing relieves pressure...it's like something is getting shoved up in area...

Don't know if it's a root canal issue or benzo....or both

But have found other buddies that describe the same feeling...it's almost like the tight head band headache I get once in awhile

Coop....I hope you feel better tomorrow....

TM

Good Morning ... seem to have a touch of insomnia ... sleeping 2 - 3 hours at night ...

Oh well ... good time to make more roasted tomato sauce for the freezer for this winter ... roast cut in half tomatoes, some onions, some peppers and lots of garlic ... little olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar and lots of oregano ... roast it for a hour or so then send it too the food processor for a couple of pulses and freeze ...

Got to make hay while the moon shines ...

Hope we all have a good Monday ...  :thumbsup:

Folks ... I have often thought ... rightly or wrongly ... that there seems to be two underlying processes occurring as we heal ... inflammation and contraction ... now, these are two processes regulated by our bodies which have been, for most of us, substantially disrupted by the use of the benzos ...

The actual mechanism I certainly do not understand and I feel I probably do not need to understand ... it is helpful for me just to be aware of these processes and their potential consequences ...

Gut issues, head-neck-upper torso issues, leg issues ... then the swelling/edema issues and lymph issues ... add in our individual, personal health issues and things can get pretty tangled up ...

What I find helpful is being aware of these processes that are occurring while my body is dealing with the issue of "regulation" ... or ... healing from the changes in regulation caused by the benzos ...

Okay ... before I go completely off the long-winded deep end ... being aware of these processes helps me, in my more "balanced" moments to trust that healing is occurring, and that my body knows what it is doing, and that yes, changes occurred with benzo use, and my body is capable of reversing these changes ... using benzos did not cause me any permanent damage ...

This is just taking some Time to get repaired ... and it will get fully repaired for me ... and I believe for all of us ...

NovaScotia.....I have a lot of inflammation and muscle/nerve issues.....I couldn't sleep either long night...I keep thinking what I'm I doing wrong to make symptoms worse...I need to look at the healing process different....

Maybe more symptoms could be signs of healing!

You have a great outlook....I'll focus on your thoughts....

Thanks!

TM

TM ... that seems to be the first box we always look in ... the one marked "I must be doing something wrong" ...

And sometimes we may do the odd thing that makes things temporarily feel worse ... and we are usually able to figure these things out, get the hint, and try to avoid them for a while ... you know ... the coffee thing for some ... the booze thing in general ... and the supplement thing for a lot of folks ... also the exercise thing when we are feeling chipper ...

I came to a place a while ago where I am able to just say "my body knows what it is doing" ... and ... "mostly, I am just along for the ride" ...

Doesn't "fix" anything at all ... just helps me avoid responses that in the past made things feel worse ...

This is a very confusing and often disorientating process we are going through ... and I believe, in the long run, quite simple ... we get off the drug(s), we stay off the drug(s), and we get better ...

In the meantime we do suffer ... we do hurt ... and then we get better ...  :thumbsup:

Folks ... I have often thought ... rightly or wrongly ... that there seems to be two underlying processes occurring as we heal ... inflammation and contraction ... now, these are two processes regulated by our bodies which have been, for most of us, substantially disrupted by the use of the benzos ...

The actual mechanism I certainly do not understand and I feel I probably do not need to understand ... it is helpful for me just to be aware of these processes and their potential consequences ...

Gut issues, head-neck-upper torso issues, leg issues ... then the swelling/edema issues and lymph issues ... add in our individual, personal health issues and things can get pretty tangled up ...

What I find helpful is being aware of these processes that are occurring while my body is dealing with the issue of "regulation" ... or ... healing from the changes in regulation caused by the benzos ...

Okay ... before I go completely off the long-winded deep end ... being aware of these processes helps me, in my more "balanced" moments to trust that healing is occurring, and that my body knows what it is doing, and that yes, changes occurred with benzo use, and my body is capable of reversing these changes ... using benzos did not cause me any permanent damage ...

This is just taking some Time to get repaired ... and it will get fully repaired for me ... and I believe for all of us ...

This is very wise and reassuring to read so thank you  :thumbsup: It's just reminding ourselves that all this is for a reason and 'trying' not to freak out.

I managed to help myself yesterday by pottering in the garden and chatting to a few neighbours (not them). Slept, had some weird crazy dreams and then woke to head zaps.

Feeling a little overwhelmed at work so will goe for some fresh air and deep breathe.

Inflammation, contraction. Yes it's a mess.......... for now.

You're a gem  :smitten: 

Hi Marj ... yep .. the overwhelmed thing ... most of us have been there ... it passes like everything else ...

Enjoy your walk ... you know how to do this ...  :thumbsup:

I am off in a bit ... get to visit my most favourite place on the planet ... the hospital ... my wife is getting her other eye done for the cataract thingie this afternoon ... all will be well ...

Later ...

Hey guys unbelievable what this process can put us through.  Spent most of the day yesterday just lying around watching football and movies.  Tried to get out because it was a perfect day here in Alabama but just did not feel like it.  Head pressure was strong, headache in the background, tinnitus was high, and just did not feel good.  Walked over to the in-laws house for a little bit and had to go back home.  Man I love my wife for being so understanding and supportive during all this.  Pretty emotional in the morning and have not had that in a while.  Today, totally different.  Feel better, head pressure gone, tinnitus not that bad, mood much better.  God I just hope I have the strength to endure this and keep getting better. Hope everyone has a good day!  Definately nice to have some fall weather!

Just saw the new thread.  Hi, everyone.  I can still say that since 18 months I have finally seen the real baseline improvement I had been looking for for so long.  I can't say it is a walk in the park though.  I still have that really severe pre-anything anxiety and I seem to keep developing new symptoms that I have heard about but never had.  My latest is some new bloated benzo belly (which I never had this whole time) and for the last 2 weeks I have a terrible soreness in my lower back/hips that won't go away. Anyone had that?

My biggest win was this weekend.  Very hard late night dinner with friends on Friday.  Was on and off getting bouts of really bad DR. Then rest day on Saturday, and then water park all day with the family on Sunday.  And I not only survived, but my wife actually told me that she was proud of me and that there was no way I could have handled a weekend like that even a couple months ago.  I am exhausted but uplifted a bit.

Take care, you guys.

Awesome news Aquaval.....great to hear you had such a good week end...it sounds like you have a supported spouse....your very lucky....

I have back and hip problems...sometimes really bad....otherwise it's just this tightness feeling....

Had tests done on back all was normal...

Muscle are just tight...so I feel it's easy to flair them....to bring on pain..

TM

Yes Nova, I can definitely feel the inflammation and contractions in my body. We just have to trust in our own bodies ...it doesn't want to be sick..so it will ever so slowly repair the damage.

Time is on our side. :thumbsup:

Hope your day goes smoothly with your wife at the hospital, hope you don't get lost again. ;)

Hi folks

It is good to hear how everyone is doing .... the good news is uplifting.  My heart goes out to those of you still suffering because these drugs.  I hope your wife gets on okay at the hospital, Nova.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I had a good day yesterday what with walking a mile and a half and having visitors so I was kind of expecting a backlash today.  It didn't happen - YET!!  >:( 

I have been into town on the bus (15 minute ride) - my 4th venture of this sort I think - and it was slightly easier than the last time.  I am still not well enough to actually enjoy it but it means I get a change of scene outside the house and I can gauge my progress.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Two lattes and a slice of pumpkin seed cake.  :D :D :D

Took the last of my nitrazepam and effexor to the pharmacy to dispose of and decided to chat to the lovely young male pharmacist.  He had no idea about how difficult benzodiazepine withdrawal could be.  I suggested he look up Heather Ashton on the internet and he said he would.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  I hope he does.  He said there are still a lot of patients dependent on benzos but they tend to be longer term users, not so many new patients. That is good. I hope I have planted a seed of knowledge in his mind which might come in useful at some point.

Continued reading my bulky medical notes - past the worst years now so not upsetting me any more. I read 10-20 pages then shred them.  Too much personal information in them and I have no desire to hang onto them anyway.  The past is best laid to rest if not completely forgotten about.

I wish everyone a good day.

Hugs

Fiona  :smitten:

Hi 18-30 buddies....thank you so much for the well wishes. .  I don't have a hope in hell of digging through the tangle of my mind to answer posts.  I survived the day but truly wanted to be comatose until this is over. I still have a raging headache, nausea, sore throat, cough , sore eyes reflux and a 102 temp. 

but, believe it or not I actually feel a little better...I swear to God I had those awful flu hallucination like awake dreams that you get when you are sick. I really don't care if it's w/d or the flu... either way it's impending death ....feels like. The burning legs got all the way better because I stayed in bed ....all 24 +  hours....but.  I am thinking it's on the upswing....barely, but I will take it

Take care all.  I Wil come back on sometime tomorrow. 

Wishing everyone a restful night and a good tomorrow.  .coop

Coop, it does sound like the flu to me, well, it could be another nasty virus that feels like the flu.

The viruses have already started here since school started back..everybody is hacking and coughing everywhere you go.

I did a lot of food processing over the last couple of months and filling the freezer at my daughter's house just to avoid going out to the germy stores this winter. I was so sick last winter and I will try to avoid the germs as much as possible.

Glad you are feeling a bit better. Maybe another bed day and some soup will do you good.

Just rest..and watch tv. Hugs.

Yep take it easy coop. Hopefully it will fully pass soon.

I'm feeling slightly better today than I have in about 10 days since getting the cold I had. Not perfect, but I slept relatively well last night. No fighting to fall asleep. Just hit the pillow and then straight to sleep. Head pressure is at a minimum and depression has backed off some. Not fully gone, but better than it has been. Hoping this is my wave passing finally. I'm really also hoping this is the longer windows, shorter waves transition for me. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Nova, I agree about the inflammation. It's something out body does when it's sick. All the feeling we have when we get a cold or the flu are all caused by our body responding to the infection. Not directly caused by the virus that invaded. Strange to think that all that pain is caused by your own body. So that does make some sense that we can be in so much pain from w/d also.

We made the infamous Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon last night in the crock pot. Put it on low last night and it's filled the whole house with the smell. Talk about potpourri! Anyway, hope everyone is getting along ok today.