SEVERE insomniacs emergency hangout

[Sh...]

Hi Buddies, I thought I'd come here for some advice. Last night I had the WORST insomnia I've ever experienced. I am not sure what caused it, either a late vitamin drink (which I later found out had caffeine, B vitamins and ginseng) or alcohol issues that I'm addressing. It was terrifying, I literally only got 2 minutes sleep in the 8 hours I was laying there. Every time I'd nod off, I'd awake with a jerk. Once this caused a full on panic attack. Anyway I got up at 9pm and tried to function. I don't feel tired but I keep yawning. So bedtime is in 4 hours and I'm very scared. I frightened of the inability to sleep and the jerking awake. I also have Benzo withdrawal syndrome caused health anxiety so I'm panicking that this is fatal insomnia (which is super mega rare). Has anyone had the jerking awake chronically and I'm just after some tips on dealing with this. Thankyou

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [MT...]

• [Li...]

• [Si...]

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very likely that it is related to the "vitamin" drink you took, and alcohol certainly doesn't help! When we are in withdrawal, out bodies are super-sensitive to things that wouldn't bother a "normal" person. Many, many nights I have laid awake thinking about the stupid thing I drank, took, did, that is keeping me up. Try not to fret about it too much, just be really careful from here on out. I would stay away from any caffeine, chocolate, and even supplements of any sort.

• 7 months later...
Hi!  I am going through a horrendous Remeron w/d and the w/d symptoms r so severe I hardly get any sleep at all.  My w/d symptoms include by not limited 2:  chronic insomnia (no sleep most nights and days), burning, tingling, numbness, vibrations throughout body and head, adrenaline surges, heart palpitations, dp/dr, myoclonic jerks, panic attacks, feeling like I am going crazy or will die at any moment etc.  The total lack of sleep is wearing me down 2 the point I have lost all interest in live as I feel so horrendous almost 24/7.  Has anyone else on here suffered so horrendously with insomnia and if so how did u recover from it and r u sleeping now?  I would really like 2 hear from others that r having these debilitating symptoms and how they r coping with the insomnia.  Thank you.

Needhelp,

I've been where you are with all of the symptoms you describe and things are better. It totally wears you down and it's hard to hang on to stay in the fight but sleep will return. I get around 6 hours (sometimes 7) of broken sleep now and it feels pretty magical compared to the long time with zero nights or just minutes at a time. I too wanted to die every day but that has passed. Life feels manageable most of the time and when it doesn't a big part of it is having Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. You can and will heal. Believe it.

It would help people help you if you added a signature with your medication history. You find that by going to "Profile" on the top of the page. Then select "Forum Profile" from underneath "Modify profile." Check out the general insomnia section too. There are a bunch of other extreme insomniacs who are in the thick of it like you and in various stages of recovery. You're not alone.

MT

• 2 weeks later...
So whats the deal with the heart palps that come on days after insomnia nights? Interns doing a 36 hour straight shift dont get them. Well maybe some do but they might be on benzos too! Its so frustrating- its usually the only time I get the racing thuddy heart stuff, when I get 2 hrs of sleep tops and I see a lot of folks have it...