SEVERE insomniacs emergency hangout

[Sh...]

I wish Remeron would work for me but all I get is side effects.  I had another night with zero hours of sleep after having a couple of nights of decent sleep.  I've only got 10 days left until I see my new pdoc who can help get me off this crap for good.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [MT...]

• [Li...]

• [Si...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely understand. Super frustrating.  One hour sleep last night but I only took a crumb of remeron.  I'm trying to be as conservative as I can with meds but going to take a higher dose tonight... today was too hard to deal with.

Have any of you remeron users had issues w/ intermittent use? I'm also wondering if I do end up taking it long term how bad it will be to get off of it. 

I took Remeron every other night for a few months and had not trouble discontinuing it without tapering. And it seems like it doesn't cause major issues for most people. However, I have read a few horror stories on BB about withdrawal from it, so it's one of those things that differ from person to person.

Last night was pretty sucky. Took forever for me to fall asleep. I got somewhere between 3 and 4 hours. Of course it's better than 0 – 2! Hope everyone has a better night tonight.

I'm feeling pretty wiped out after getting very little sleep since Sunday. I had to go to work yesterday with only brief microsleeps (I wasn't aware of any sleep but time passed so I must have). Fortunately, I don't have to function today. So. Tired. Of. Insomnia.

I'm feeling pretty wiped out after getting very little sleep since Sunday. I had to go to work yesterday with only brief microsleeps (I wasn't aware of any sleep but time passed so I must have). Fortunately, I don't have to function today. So. Tired. Of. Insomnia.

This stuff is terrible isn't it?  :(

I hope you get some good sleep tonight.

The remeron stopped working for me, so I took .5 of a Lunesta because I've gotten to the point where I will literally go crazy if I don't get sleep.  I know it's not ideal, but I figure I'll deal with the repercussions later when my body can handle it...I also need to figure out what is going on w/ my hormones.  I plan on not taking anything tonight. 

Have any of you tried seriphos for sleep?  It's supposed to help regulate the HPA axis. 

I got only one hour of sleep again but I forced myself to just lay in bed for another 6 hours.  I still have one more week until I can see my withdrawal pdoc.  But if my sleep is this bad now on meds, how can I survive without them?

I got only one hour of sleep again but I forced myself to just lay in bed for another 6 hours.  I still have one more week until I can see my withdrawal pdoc.  But if my sleep is this bad now on meds, how can I survive without them?

I really hope you get some much needed sleep tonight!

Life, I think most of us feel that what we're going through right now and doing would have felt impossible before. I thought this much sleep deprivation would lead to death or full psychosis. Yet I find that despite little or no sleep and profound exhaustion I make it through the days and even two days going into work each week. Yes, it's super hard and I count on the support of some people in my life and BB (especially who've lived through this) but somehow I keep putting one foot in front of the other. You can do so much more that it feels you can. You can do this. :smitten:

I got an hour of sleep again.  I'm surprised I'm not in full blown mania or psychosis at this point either.  It doesn't make sense why I'm functioning but I am.  I don't know what is causing the insomnia to be this bad this time.  I had bronchitis earlier in the week and was taking Azithromycin but I'm done taking that and my symptoms weren't that bad and the infection is already gone.  I guess I can try running again although I've read that it takes around 12 weeks for any real results to show up.  Maybe both the Depakote ER and the Klonopin have completely pooped out at this point.  Maybe this has something to do with me changing the brand of magnesium glycinate.  They ran out of the brand I was using and I actually ordered a more expensive brand.  This is all so confusing.  Anyhow, I hope the best for everyone here.

I got 3 hours of sleep the other day and zero hours last night.  I'm starting to feel the negative effects now.  Still no hypomania but I feel so exhausted yet I cannot sleep at all.  How is everyone else doing?

LIC - I know how that feels -- this week has been hellish for me also, with most nights just getting one or two hours of poor-quality sleep. Last night was the worst, with muscle spasms/jerks all over my body, which made falling asleep impossible. Feeling like crap today...I hope we both get some much-needed relief tonight!

Sorry you both are still doing poorly. Luckily I've been getting about 6 hours a night for the last two weeks. Slowly feel like I'm getting better. CNS is still sensitive. Hope I don't get hit again though. Hope y'all sleep better tonight.

Glad to hear you're making such great progress, Siggy! It gives me hope that I'll get there, too, one of these days/nights. But it's just so exhausting getting there, as you well know.

This insomnia can be so hard to tolerate. LIC and Shirah I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time. After a couple of weeks of exceptionally bad nights I managed to have a pretty good night last night. It's a weird feeling. It was still broken but it went on for a long time and I went longer stretches between wake ups. I hope tonight is good for all of us.

Sorry to hear some of you are still going through a rough  patch.  I know how horrible it is!  After a month of taking ambien/Lunesta about 10 times over the past month I've managed to pull myself out of insomnia hell. Tuesday and Wednesday I had taken 1 mg of Lunesta and it did help me get to sleep, but it was bad sleep and I felt like crap the next day.  The past three nights I have slept unmedicated and I'm throwing my sleep meds away!

I know it sounds crazy, but I made a big batch of bone broth Wednesday night and started drinking it three times a day.  Thursday, I immediately slept better.  I really feel the bio available amino acids help with sleep.  Not only getting to sleep, but sleep quality. I remember back in March when I was not sleeping at all and bone broth/diet really helped. I know amino acid supplementation have helped other people.  Bone broth is just a cheap, easy way to do it.  I'm actually amazed at how it helped my sleep the past few days, the stuff is liquid gold.

I hope everyone gets some much needed rest tonight. 

MTfan & Sniogra - I'm glad you got some relief and hope it continues.

Sniogra - Based on your recommendation, I still make bone broth whenever I'm finished with a rotisserie chicken (organic, from Whole Foods). Although I haven't noticed any direct correlation with the broth and sleep, I really enjoy it, especially when I'm not nauseous.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi every body Im new to this post so I better tell you what's going on with me .

Ive been going through this protracted withdrawlal since nov 2015 after I cold turkey.

It has been absolute hell , every symptom everybody's wrote about ive had .

My worst 2 symptoms are tinnitus and chronic insomnia .

Ive had trouble sleeping through out this process but im I got slammed hard in June this year .

There has only been a few nights since June that I have had over 4 hours sleep .

My usuall sleep is layin bed for upto 5 hours then sleep a dreamy 2 hours or no sleep at all .

It's strange because I can't nap , I'm not tired at all , it feels like rocket fuel is being pumped through my head and body .

However when I'm up and about my head has pressure at the back , I'm dizzy and my bones ache so bad .

I also have a curved spine lower back and that hurts increadably if I don't get 5 or more hours sleep .

I'm also trying to hold down a job , only working 3 days a week however I can't function like this , I feel now is the time to quit , I have no choice..

In the end of July I was so sleep deprived I went to see a sleep specilist, the Dr was rubbish and convinced me to take Zopiclone.

Why he did this is insaine as Id already told him about my Benzo and alcohol withdrawal that in going through .

I was foolish and took his advise not knowing zopiclone is a benzo and works on the same GABAA receptors .

What a mistake ......

I become tolerant to it with in 3--5 nights . I stopped taking it after 7 days .

Now I'm back to square one again , all the other early months symptoms are back . I really feel that if I could get hold of a gun I would pull the trigger . This is absolute hell ...

My friends and family don't get it they just say we'll take a nap in the afternoon !!!

Errrr I have chronic insomnia !!! Impossible .

Ive tried all the Otc stuff all the magnisum and supplements to no avail .

I can't go on like this , how is it possible to not sleep and not be tired ???

It's gotta be my chemcal imbalance ! That too is somthing all the Drs just laugh at me about .

My partner has had enough of me , i have a working wolf huskey dog that needs 5-7 miles walk everyday .

Impossible .

I don't know what else to say , I'm in such a bad way

Hi, Malamute.

I can certainly relate to just about everything you wrote. I've been benzo-free almost as long as you, and also got slammed extra-hard with insomnia in June. The entire summer has been wretched, with many nights getting no sleep at all, with pain and nausea following each episode. And I had similar experiences with sleep doctors: All they do is prescribe more pills, often ones that do more damage (other benzos, Z-drugs). What you describe with being so sleep-deprived, yet unable to to get drowsy, is also all too familiar.

Taking a break from work may be just what you need at this point. That's what I've been doing since early September, and things have improved since then, although I still have a ways to go. While I'm taking this break, I've been dedicating myself to healing: forcing myself to go to the gym every day, even when exhausted, mostly sticking to a super-healthy detox diet (sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free), doing meditation and yoga, practicing good sleep hygiene, etc. I think of all this as my new job, just taking good care of myself and trying to avoid all stress...I took breaks from work earlier on, but I think they were too short. I'm going to try being unemployed for a longer time, until sleep stabilizes. We can always get other employment; health is #1.

Good luck!

Shirah, has anyone in this group had any help at all with natural remedies or OTC remedies or RX that doesn't mess up our progress?  Thank you.  Cross

Malamute80, I am in the same insomnia hell and I am sorry you are suffering too.  Can you ask

Friends or family to walk your dog for you if you can't afford to pay someone? Cross