Exercise support group

[dr...]

VG - That would be a blast, no serial killer here  :laugh: I have knee pads but I would have to get a full face helmet  :thumbsup:

I wish I could have a beer, I really wish I could have one  :'( I will definitely try to make the time to make it up there, my

family on their way back from Bend ran into some snow coming thru the Diamond Lake area.

Wonder - I have seen so many people hauled off that beach in an ambulance.  The first time I took my kids to that beach to show

them where I used to hang out, as soon as we pulled the mini van into the parking lot the life guards approached me &

said you guys don't belong here & I said why is that & he told me this is the beach that has the most broken backs &

broken necks in the world & I just laughed & said my kids aren't going anywhere near the water but I am going in & I

grew up bodysurfing on this beach since I was 8 & said oh ok go ahead  :laugh:

Have a great evening guys!

Ninj  :thumbsup:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

4 walks in 4 days.....15 minutes each. I always feel better afterwards.

Next week I'll bump up to 20 minutes.

How did I go from playing hockey 4x a week and doing yoga classes 3x a week to being proud I walked around the block? Ugh.  :idiot:

Have a good night everyone  :D

4 walks in 4 days.....15 minutes each. I always feel better afterwards.

Next week I'll bump up to 20 minutes.

How did I go from playing hockey 4x a week and doing yoga classes 3x a week to being proud I walked around the block? Ugh.  :idiot:

Have a good night everyone  :D

Don't you worry about it.

How do you begin to eat an elephant? One bite at a time ;)

You're doing great, Kiddo! :)

Mrs. :smitten:

Kiddo, wd does quite the number on our bodies. You have every reason for being proud of yourself for these walks. It takes grit and determination to exercise when your body and mind feel possessed by this bizarre experience. This is you fighting and getting stronger. I'm impressed by what you're doing.

Kiddo-I think that's a question we all ask ourselves.  I went to the gym but ended up just meditating for thirty minutes and using the hot tub. My legs were sore from my jog on Saturday and I've learned I get in trouble when I push too hard. This time I'm going to try and get back to a routine slow and steady.  I'll call it Kiddo Style :laugh:

Hi all  :thumbsup: I went walking again yesterday and did an hour, Its not that I intentionally go for a certain time, just as long as I feel comfortable, result? I ended up feeling like I was being freaking tazered! :D :D :D And am not feeling so hot right now either. ::) BUT, the other thing is, I cut down by another half a gram of Diazepam 8 or 9 day's ago and the metabolite take 20 to 200 hours to leave your system.

So from 24 hours up until 8 day's later,  and today being day 8 or 9, the sxs monster gets lonely >:( and invites its gang to a party on you, zapping you horribly. I felt like I was being tazered while being prodded with an electrical cattle prod, externally and internally :D in places you don't want to talk about, yes, in the parking lot as well  :o So I staggered back home yelping and not giving a squat about who heard me screeching or saw me leaping and twitching and grabbing different body parts as I walked back home.

So at this point in time, I am declaring today a day of rest and will just do minimal things indoors like eat and drink and move about as is comfortable and if thats too much lay down and read or watch crap TV or just lay there moaning :( I usually go out at 8am and its only 6am right now and I wasn't feeling a hot shot when I went out the last few mornings. so if these sxs get bearable in the next couple of hours though at the minute its not looking that way.  :-\

I may have a rethink and go for a shorter walk about 15 to 20 minutes no matter how ok I think I'm doing, but I'm going to make sure that these sxs are at least 50% less than they are now. Well that and feeling so tired right now too.

Below are a List of Low Glycemic Foods, as its important that we in withdrawal keep to low Glycemic Foods as high Glycemic Foods push symptoms up and we really don't want or need that.

The other one is List of High Protein Foods Best Sources of Protein, both also cover carbs and different types of carbs, good sources of proteins rated from A to C.and make It a lot easier to find what to eat thats of benefit or put meals together more easily without  being too unsure of  which foods  fall under what heading.

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten:

List of Low Glycemic Foods http://www.lifetimefatloss.com/support-files/listoflowglycemicfoods.pdf

List of High Protein Foods Best Sources of Protein http://commonsensehealth.com/list-of-high-protein-foods-best-sources-of-protein/

Kiddo style  ;D  listen being able to do anything right now is really really tough. Be proud of what you can do, period.  :thumbsup: Nova, you too, don't be so hard on yourself, ok?

I've been pushing through walking 2 1/2 miles the last few days, and doing 50 reps each arm with weights. I can't say it's been easy, had some serious panic yesterday, thanks Drew I'm following in your footsteps :crazy:

Just keep moving (when you can)  :)

Westcost82-I LOVE my work outs too!! I always feel so fantastic after every work out. Yesterday at the gym I tried something new. My Pdoc told me to lift weights for 15-20 minutes a day (she said it does something to the back of your brain). I was able to do a bench press for the first time. For anyone who does not know what that is I laid down on a bench and lifted 20 pd weights over my head. I only did two sets but it was a start and my endorphins appreciated it.

I woke up again at 4:00 AM despite having some pasta with my chicken...Getting ready to do a 70 minute walk on my treadmill now. Have a great day!

Fran

Hi everyone, great thread and thank you Drew. I'm Jim, 50 and have just joined the gym last week. I have some really difficult mornings yet, but got so tired of doing nothing and my back is getting bad. I was involved in a snowmobile accident many years ago and have had problems since after 5 complete, nondisplaced fractures. Those problems have only intensified while enduring this Xanax ordeal and not having any motivation at all. Well, it finally got to a point I was having to see the chiropractor way to often. He had me begin in his physical therapy for my core and after a while I decided to join his gym and get more out of my work outs. I'm still doing mainly core exercises, but I'm adding to them. I just joined last week, but am adding a new exercise every week until my routine is full. In rehab, I was only doing 6 exercises and I'm doing 7 now. I'm no runner by any means, but am at least getting into shape.

Thank you for reading my plight and I hope you all have a nice day.

[15...]

Hi all  :thumbsup: I went walking again yesterday and did an hour, Its not that I intentionally go for a certain time, just as long as I feel comfortable, result? I ended up feeling like I was being freaking tazered! :D :D :D And am not feeling so hot right now either. ::) BUT, the other thing is, I cut down by another half a gram of Diazepam 8 or 9 day's ago and the metabolite take 20 to 200 hours to leave your system.

So from 24 hours up until 8 day's later,  and today being day 8 or 9, the sxs monster gets lonely >:( and invites its gang to a party on you, zapping you horribly. I felt like I was being tazered while being prodded with an electrical cattle prod, externally and internally :D in places you don't want to talk about, yes, in the parking lot as well  :o So I staggered back home yelping and not giving a squat about who heard me screeching or saw me leaping and twitching and grabbing different body parts as I walked back home.

So at this point in time, I am declaring today a day of rest and will just do minimal things indoors like eat and drink and move about as is comfortable and if thats too much lay down and read or watch crap TV or just lay there moaning :( I usually go out at 8am and its only 6am right now and I wasn't feeling a hot shot when I went out the last few mornings. so if these sxs get bearable in the next couple of hours though at the minute its not looking that way.  :-\

I may have a rethink and go for a shorter walk about 15 to 20 minutes no matter how ok I think I'm doing, but I'm going to make sure that these sxs are at least 50% less than they are now. Well that and feeling so tired right now too.

Below are a List of Low Glycemic Foods, as its important that we in withdrawal keep to low Glycemic Foods as high Glycemic Foods push symptoms up and we really don't want or need that.

The other one is List of High Protein Foods Best Sources of Protein, both also cover carbs and different types of carbs, good sources of proteins rated from A to C.and make It a lot easier to find what to eat thats of benefit or put meals together more easily without  being too unsure of  which foods  fall under what heading.

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten:

List of Low Glycemic Foods http://www.lifetimefatloss.com/support-files/listoflowglycemicfoods.pdf

List of High Protein Foods Best Sources of Protein http://commonsensehealth.com/list-of-high-protein-foods-best-sources-of-protein/

Thanks nova, That's a great link and I can certainly relate to over doing it.

VG

welcome Jim! 

Good job everyone.  Have lots of boatiness today but trying my hardest to accept the symptom and not react to it.  Will do some activity later today.

This rain is putting a kaibash on my riding  :tickedoff: But it's supposed to be 75 by Thursday & Friday  :laugh:

I'm not much for the gym anymore, I don't care to go workout where I know everyone. 

Have a great day everyone!

Ninj  :smitten:

Welcome, Jim. I'm 52.

Good job everyone in listening to your bodies. That means some days are gonna be just hang on days, some will be Kiddo style exercise, and some days we can see what these bodies can do. On this thread we can celebrate all of these things as we actively pursue our recovery.

I was too wiped out to exercise Sunday or Monday. Today, despite zero sleep, I felt better. I discovered a whole new set of mountainous trails to walk so I walked for 70 minutes after 20 minutes of weight lifting. It's beautiful outside with buds and flowers starting up.

Here's what I like about any amount of exercise: I feel less like a victim, I feel empowered, I am unaware of my tachycardia and palpitations, I can't feel the burning skin, my paresthesias are barely noticeable, my mind feels clearer, I feel more hopeful, and I almost always feel better about life in general during and afterwards. I can almost feel like a normal person. This comes after a really dark week and a super rough morning.

Thanks for how you all are inspiring and motivating me and each other! So glad to be a part of this group.

Can't believe I snowshoed for 10 whole minutes today. Spring Fever hit me harder than benzo w/d sxs! Saw deer, hare and fox tracks in the snow and plenty of sunshine. Wiped me out, but soooo worth it ;D

http://s15.postimg.org/mr4qcffpz/mesnowshoe.jpg

Welcome Jim! Lets just say past I'm...well...past 50 and struggling to keep going physically, but this group is inspiring and supportive so it's a great thread to follow. Some are able to do what I consider pretty heavy duty workouts on a regular basis, but some, like me, are happy to get in a few minutes of light exercise — and sometimes I need a day or two to rest up from that.

MTfan - EMPOWERED by exercise...you put that so well!

Hey everyone. It sounds like you're all getting out there and moving!

I got my surf in thank goodness. I'm in one of those waves where the only time I feel okay is when I'm surfing. It's definitely the distraction that does it. My sleep is totally screwed again. Relentless cortisol rushes, palps, and my pulse pounding in my ear when I'm trying to fall asleep. The difference now from before though is I don't have the anxious/panic thoughts along with it. I'm really thankful for that.

MTfan I'm with you on the palps. So over those.

Hi all...this a post from my blog.  After a okay morning all hell tried breaking loose.  I just finished a two mile walk in a state of total DR. One foot in front of the other. Very scary but I've had it before and it lessens w distraction. Keep up the good work.

.I am in a mother of all waves(5-6 weeks)  and i just got hit with a surge of fear and everything else about two hours ago.  I am not reacting to it more than being very very uncomfortable.  I remember the last window I had and I was nothing like this. I keep going there today to say this is not who I am and it has been effective.  My brain is trying to make me push up the panic but I am so far keeping it at bay.  I just keep telling myself that this is the symptom of healing and if my body is sweating, jumpy, dizzy, trying to tell me I am dying, need to l flee, and anxiety ridden this is what is meant to be right now.  it will subside in intensity as it aways does.  This is so hard but I am trying to be the passenger.  I see my therapist tomorrow to check in on CBT.  In these cases nothig really helps exept the storm petering itself out as it always does.  He is convinced I can control it with enough work but I think it is just time although the skills he teaches will help me in life.  I am actually proud of myself as it got up to major panic several times and I just let it subside.  it is a mega storm of chemicals doing what they are doing.

I did meditate for about 40 min and while doing that I felt a bit better but I had to return to work.  I also think working this whole time had its benfits and minuses.  None of us will ever know if it hurts or hinders in the long run.  It is what it is....my new mantra for the week.

I seem to be channeling Baylissa which ain't a bad thing :crazy::laugh:

Good for you Drewski  :smitten:

I upped my pace and distance today....still only walked 15 minutes, but as I said, I went faster which meant I went further. It felt goodish