Reassurances from professionals that we will heal

[mi...]

Hi mommy......I want to thank you so much for that gracious post.....I had read that you were having such a hard time and my heart went out to you.....I am so glad you got this great reassurance from a dr......now you can breath a little easier knowing it will resolve and it is NORMAL....I just love to hear this and I cannot seem to hear it enough.......thanks again.....

I hope you feel better real soon.....m

It definitely has gotten me thru.  I'm still in rough waters, but I can't stop functioning.  I am glad for this support.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mi...]

• [ni...]

• [Lo...]

• [La...]

It was suggested that if the benzo makers knew of the new things they could market their drugs for they would do so....examples

New weight loss drug.....need to loss weight rapidly.....take lots of our drug stop abruptly.....you will not eat for days or weeks .....problem solved

Do you have problems staying awake for exams or a night shift job....take lots of our drug stop abruptly.....you will not sleep for weeks or months....problem solved

Are you always helping others no time to just focus on yourself.......take lots of our drug stop abruptly..... for weeks or months you will not leave your house let alone worry about anyone else, your focus will be 100% on yourself.....problem solved....

Hope this at least brought a smile to someone....we all need it.....m

It was suggested that if the benzo makers knew of the new things they could market their drugs for they would do so....examples

New weight loss drug.....need to loss weight rapidly.....take lots of our drug stop abruptly.....you will not eat for days or weeks .....problem solved

Do you have problems staying awake for exams or a night shift job....take lots of our drug stop abruptly.....you will not sleep for weeks or months....problem solved

Are you always helping others no time to just focus on yourself.......take lots of our drug stop abruptly..... for weeks or months you will not leave your house let alone worry about anyone else, your focus will be 100% on yourself.....problem solved....

I think you hit them all on the head lol! Too crazy!

In physical therapy today I asked the head doctor...will I ever get my balance back???

His answer, "Of course you will...it's going to take time and that I can't tell you how long...but you will heal!"

:smitten:

Brilliant!

Minnie...Hahaha..  love your new applications for benzo use...especially the one for...not leaving your house for months and months and think only of yourself endlessly....thanks for the touch of humor...coip

Glad I found this thread. I'm currently in one of those, "This is never gonna end, I thought I was done with acute, I feel like I'm going to die", kinda waves.

Welcome Wondernova......sorry you are having such a hard time.....this process is relentless and takes so much out of us to just keep going day after day..... :tickedoff:

The only positive is that it does end.... not soon enough though....

Take care and I hope you see improvements soon......m :smitten:

Thanks for starting this thread Minnie. It's great to hear people have found some wonderful professonals who validate what we're going through. My GP is in total denial.

Wow, I'm so glad I came across this thread as I was just about to post a message asking if anyone was in contact with a benzo-wise professional and what they said about all of this.

My previous family dr. is the one who prescribed the benzo and knew absolutely nothing when I began having problems b/c of it.  So I switched to one that does not prescribe benzos b/c of how horrible they are.  My current family dr.  is very kind.  I began seeing her at the beginning of my taper and throughout this process she has continued to do extensive medical testing to rule out underlying medical conditions but she is a young dr. and has not had any experience with this kind of thing......a patient who tapered and jumped from Ativan and  who is so severely sick yet no medical tests prove it.  I plan to share with her what others on this thread have said they were told by benzo-wise professionals in hopes that if someone else comes to her with this issue in the future, she will know more about it than she did when I started seeing her and maybe do a little research on her own and perhaps be better equipped to know what to tell them.   

Hi Wonder......So many of us have no support from our drs.......that is so hard to comprehend....they prescribe a med that can turn lives completely upside down for months or years and most know nothing about this......thank god for my pharmacist......my dr. actually said to me that maybe all of these crazy s/x were just the new me.....OMG.....I could not believe he even said that......I have not been back....really no need to.....I feel so much better than the last time I saw him.......alot of the (new me) s/x have faded......even if I told him that, he would not believe benzos caused all of my s/x......unbelievable.... :tickedoff:

I hope you are doing well...... :smitten:

Hi mountain......I am so glad you found this thread and it helped.....I could never hear enough reassurance that I would heal.....and I really needed to hear it from a professional that knew people who have healed 100%....the support on this site is also invaluable.....

Take care....I hope you are feeling well...... :thumbsup:

Hi brunettes......I am so glad you found us and it helped......it is so sad to me that we cannot even get validation after the fact....my dr.is in complete denial that benzo w/d exists.....WHAT :tickedoff:....your young dr at least sounds like she is trying to reassure you by doing testing to rule out anything else...that is a positive.....maybe she will be open to what you want to share with her....I sure hope so....this madness needs to be addressed by someone..... :idiot:

I hope you are doing well.... :smitten:..m

Hi Minnie

I know this is a benzo board, but I just wonder if your pharmacist knew anything about ssri/antipsychotic withdrawal and whether everyone heals from these too?

I hope you don't mind me asking.

This helped me today; I hope I posted it right guys. 

:smitten:

I do not know how to copy and paste so I will type this post as I thought it was very helpful to me.....

This is a quote from pamster

This is from Dr. Meliemis in Canada who specializes in this field

"Post-acute withdrawal usually lasts for 2 years. This is one of the most important things you need to remember. If you are up to the challenge you can get through this. But if you think that post acute withdrawal will only last a few mos., then you will get caught off guard....

How to survive Post Acute Withdrawal

Be patient. Two years can feel like a long time if you are in a rush to get through it. You cant hurry recovery. But you can get through it one day at a time.

If you try to rush your recovery, or resent post-acute withdrawal, or try to bulldoze your way through, you will become exhausted.

Post-acute withdrawal symptoms are a sign that your brain IS recovering. They are the result of your brain chemistry gradually going back to normal, Therefor dont resent them, But remember, even one year, you may only be halfway there.

Go with the flow. Withdrawal symptoms are uncomfortable. But the more you resent them the worse they will seem. you will have lots of good days over the next two years. Enjoy them. You will also have alot of bad days. On those days,dont try to do to much. Take care of yourself,focus on your recovery,and you will get through this.

You will go through days or weeks without symptoms and then one day you will wake up and your withdrawal will hit you like a ton of bricks...if you are not prepared for it, if you think post-acute withdrawal only lasts a few mos., or if you think that you will be different and it will not be as bad for you , then you will get caught off guard. But if you know what to expect you can do this.

Practice self care. Give yourself lots of little breaks over the next two years. Tell yourself "what I am going through is enough". Be good to yourself. That is what you MUST learn in recovery.

Sometimes you will have little energy or enthusiasm for anything. Understand this and do not overbook your life. Give yourself permission to focus on your recovery.".....

Another good reassurance that all of this is normal and that we will all heal....

Take care of yourselves everyone.....m

Hi WhootWhoot....just love that name.......you posted it perfect.....that was so reassuring to me to......I had to type the whole thing because I did not know how to copy and paste :idiot:.....I learned lol......

I hope you are doing okay Whoot.... :smitten:..m

thanks Minnie

It gave me so much hope.  Thank you. Silly me meant to post it to the 6 to12 month thread but the old noggin isn't firing on all cylinders.

I'm so glad this is being recognized now. 

Ugh hey.....we are so tough to handle this.... :smitten:

I thought I learned the copy paste Whoot...well I pasted it 2 two places that I never go to. :idiot: lol.......oh well are brains are trying so hard and we are a tough, tough group..... :thumbsup:

Take care...m

Oh My Goodness!!...This is the most reassuring post. It is exactly what I needed to hear.  I font know how to cut/paste either.  Lol...Any one out there willing to give us a tutorial on cutting and pasting? ....Greenice and MommyR and Life cut and paste and quote one post on top of another! I am doing good to get on the right thread and 'send'...

....This definitely needs to go to the 6-12 month group...and really most of the groups.

....Thank you so very much for posting this...I will be reading it every day. It just gave me sp much hope and encouragement. When I think of 2 years I think in 6 month increments and many who have posted success stories say that the second year is over all better than the first. I am hoping for that.

....this is like the voice of God to me....hope hope hope....coop