support for those w/ head pressure

[mi...]

.Minnie...glad to read your post. I get the random.head pains too. They come and go. My head pressure is better, but tinnitis and feeling of fullness in ears is worse. This one freaks me out too. It is always reassuring to know that others experience similar s/x. I am just a few days from month 10. but in. tough wave with dizziness and anxiety. ...

....I am glad you started this thread. I am so sorry that you have this constantly. Is there anything that helps it?  Do you feel that your scalp is tender too?...Sometimes just brushing my hair makes my scalp feel inflamed...or brushing my hair triggers one of those ' brain pains '. I don't know how you have managed. with this all Thea way through.

.....I hope this goes away for you very soon ....coop

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [Lo...]

• [mi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lm.......thankyou for asking I am okay. This last week has been worse than the past few mos. I am having alot of intense rumbling in my head accompanied by alot of pain....just trying hard to roll w/ the punches.....it sure is a challenge....I agree fresh air feels really good I wish it lessened my s/x, nothing does just time will........we are all so ready for this to be gone. I try to be patient. When my kids were young I prayed alot for patience......I got benzo w/d, careful what you pray for lol.....I truly hope your days are getting easier.....m

Hi coop......I am sorry you are not feeling well but thankfully your head pressureis giving you a break that is a tough one.......this past wk has been hard for me........I have been having alot of pain in my head, neck,and ears......my ears feel full and they hurt like an earache......my ears ring alot, I know when the ringing gets loud, that is when my ears and head get much worse. My scalp is not tender but no doubt it is w/d.......I think the fullness and pain in the ears is as bad as the head pressure.....I also have the anxiety in my body, that makes it so hard to just be still and also to fall asleep.....

All of these s/x are just so dam hard on us, they just as a whole make me feel sick all over.......to answer your question, nothing helps me, the intensity varies, but it seems to make no difference what I do or do not do, the s/x seem independent of, food, rest, exercise, ect.

I know the longer this goes on I feel more discouraged....I have to ramp up the positive self talk.....it just gets hard sometimes..

You have made it to over 10 mos. and you are still fighting this fight..... try to keep the fear at bay anyway you can, as I do believe that is the one thing that makes things so much worse... I know that is much easier said than done....I have always been a worrier when something was suspect with my health...... I am grateful that I have been pretty healthy all of my life .......

I wish we knew more about when this will end......I do not put a time on mine as it is such a disappointing guessing game.........

Bless you coop......m

Hi:  I have head pressure too.  Worse when I have fallen asleep and wake up with stuffiness and pressure.  My forehead, front of my face and even my eyeballs hurt.  It scares so much that I have to get up. I seem to get those "zaps" in my head late at night.  These weird feelings get me so anxious.  The "what ifs" keep creeping in.  I am on my last tiny dose of diazepam having used the Dr. Ashton method for 2 years.  I still cry every single morning from fear.  Will this ever go away?  Take care  Desi

From personal experience, it does seem to go away on its own for many of us.  I have residual pressure going on right now, but not nearly what it was the first two months after jumping, which was ridiculous.  It's a very uncomfortable symptom, but be assured that relief will find its way to you eventually.

Take care, Desi.

Hi Minnie...thank you for your response. I am trying to tell my self over and over that this is w/d. Yesterday it was not do bad. Today .. back. Now I get the eye twitching on the lower eyelid of one eye ( the least of my worries) Dizziness for last 3/4 days. I think the dizziness is just another independent s/x and not related to the head pressure.

....This is so scary.

......I would love to hear from anyone who has suffered this and has healed from it. This can not leave soon enough....coop

Hi Minnie...thank you for your response. I am trying to tell my self over and over that this is w/d. Yesterday it was not do bad. Today .. back. Now I get the eye twitching on the lower eyelid of one eye ( the least of my worries) Dizziness for last 3/4 days. I think the dizziness is just another independent s/x and not related to the head pressure.

....This is so scary.

......I would love to hear from anyone who has suffered this and has healed from it. This can not leave soon enough....coop

Hi there. I'm sorry you are suffering with all these symptoms. Dizziness was my worst symptom! I had it for months and months! I also had the head pressure, fullness in the ears and tinnitus. All gone now. :). You can read my success story if you want.

Hi Mc....love that name......thanks for dropping in, I read your success story, it was so comforting and I did read ALL of it!!........... I have had these head s/x (varying in intensity) for 7 mos. now........ I know this will end, what is hard for me is the groundhog days. It is such a slow process that sometimes it is hard to see progress, but I am confident that I am getting better.

Success stories like yours are priceless...... thank you so very much for taking so much time to reassure those of us still suffering that we will heal.

I wish you a wonderful healed life.....m 

Hi Desi......I know that feeling of the what ifs and the fear..... my first few months were really bad... but time has made it easier, I no longer fear these head s/x as they have not killed me.....they are just soooo uncomfortable.....you will get better just try really hard not to let the fear turn to terror if you can. Keep trying positive self talk even if you do not completely believe it....

I already posted this but you may not have seen it. I asked my pharmacist if EVERYONE heals from the w/d and his response was ABSOLUTELY.....so lots of reassurance there....just hang in there and keep reading the good stuff. I hope things lighten up for you soon.........m

Hi Minnie.. mine is still with me.  not scary waking moment but most of the time. It seems to be the best in the morning and increases during the day. Right now I have d/r and cog fog as I am just getting over 2 days of constant vertigo ..so I have the same question.......

.........IS ANYONE GETTING BETTER WITH HEAD PRESSURE...

...How are you doing with it Minnie? I know you have really struggled with it..I hope it is better. Mine started at the beginning of June and is still with me...3 months..does that seem typical?.

....thanks for starting this thread Minnie...it gives me reassurance...the head pressure and fullness scare me...coop

MoreChocolate...thank you so much for posting after your success. It is so reassuring to read from another buddy who had this " for months and months ". It makes me think something is wrong ..even though intellectually I know it is w/d. I would be 80% at 10 months if it wasn't for the head s/x. Also good to know that dizziness was persistent for you and it went away.

....I read every word of your success story...so encouraging.. so happy for you....coop

Hi coop.....mine has taken a turn for the worse the last 3 days it is such an awful feeling makes me feel sick all over and so weary...7 mos and still here....I am so sorry you have the cog fog and the dizziness it must feel awful....I hope by 1 yr we are healed....without the head stuff I would also feel 80% healed.....so we can be thankful for that.

I was driving to the gym yesterday and my eye started to burn and tear up, I had to come home as I could not see out of my eye.....I have no eye issues aside from reading glasses, so w/d is the culprit. It is amazing how new s/x can show up after so many months.

One of the moderators chimed in on another thread and said she had the head stuff and it sounded like hers was gone. I may see if I can pm her and ask. It is weird I do believe it will go away but I see to never get enough reassurance, I am such a baby sometimes at 61. I guess that is what this nasty med has done to me. I think to we are just weary, weary. Sorry I do not like to be a downer but it does get discouraging at times...

Bless you coop I pray you feel well soon.....m

Hi Minnie...me too...one eye that tears ..and the eyelid of the same eye twitches constantly....I am nearly 65 and I also need constant reassurance when in a wave. In a window my fears vanish. 7 months...I don't know how you trudged on month after month. I have had it for 3 months and am losing my mind from it.

....I also think we will see another big jump in healing by year one.

.....I will keep checking in on this thread to see how you are doing. ....thanks Minnie for sending reply....it helps a lot......coop

Hi guys,

I still have this too, my head is so heavy. Do your sinuses get inflamed too? I feel like my nasal passages are inflamed or stuffed up. Very tough sx to deal with. Jenny

Hi guys,

I still have this too, my head is so heavy. Do your sinuses get inflamed too? I feel like my nasal passages are inflamed or stuffed up. Very tough sx to deal with. Jenny

Yep I use saline drops :-( it does suck...

Hi Jenny.....I was just thinking today that my nose feels raw and very strange inside....never felt like this in my life. We just got back from the beach today.....The first 2 days my head was just okay.....then on the way home it got really bad, it is just relentless, it feels so darn strange, makes me crazy...feels kind of like my brain is having a chemically induced anxiety attack....it is almost impossible to describe. Can you describe how your head feels, is it more than heavy? Do you have the ringing?....I hope today you are feeling better....m

Just wanted to chime in after reading your posts ! The head pressure has been unbearable for me toddy . Not a symptom I had been paying attention to . But now I know after reading this thread it is likely WD . I have also had the very same thing withy left eye. Twitches and tears or watery ! Never had this before stopping benzos .

When you all use the term head pressure , does it include headache or neck ache kind of thing ? Thanks 

Hi DLW....sorry you have the head stuff it can make you crazy......I have had it for 7 mos, and it is so tiresome. I get headaches, and ringing with it.......yes I get get pain and stiffness in my neck...I also had none of this before stopping the benzos.....I have to say the headaches are getting much better..... maybe every other day for a few hrs. now, as opposed to daily for hours at a time.......slow progress but I will take it.....

Hope you feel better.......m

DLW.....so sorry that you have this wicked s/x. ...Yes,  headaches..neck pain/stiffness, brain zaps,  inner head shots of pain,  pressure,  buzzing and burning...brain feels inflamed,  cog fog and wonky eyes ( hard to read).

....Today...out of the blue after 10 days head s/x with dizziness it let up...out of the blue it let up. It could all come back tomorrow.,  but today has been wonderful relief. This thread has been helpful in getting through this.

......I am sure this is all w/d ...although I had days when I was imagining dire possibilities.

.....hold on D....you will make it through this s/x....coop

Thanks so much . Yep, woke in the night with ear buzzing , head feels "full " and today just feel "off "! Head pressure etc .. Or head just feels "full". Have gad the brain zaps etc ....

Thanks at least I know others having sane stuff. 

Hi coop so glad to hear your head s/x let up some..... when they settle a bit it is hard to remember how they feel at their worst.....we went to the beach for our anniversary.....the head pressure never lets up completely, but it was low while we were gone......the ocean helps some, drowns out the ringing......anyway it ramped up again on the way home......I was so happy though that I was able to enjoy the first 2 days.....

I used to think it was going away when it would let up some, now I just try not to expect anything one way or another until it surprises me and goes away.........for good

We will get there coop just a little more time.......m

DLW.....so sorry that you have this wicked s/x. ...Yes,  headaches..neck pain/stiffness, brain zaps,  inner head shots of pain,  pressure,  buzzing and burning...brain feels inflamed,  cog fog and wonky eyes ( hard to read).

....Today...out of the blue after 10 days head s/x with dizziness it let up...out of the blue it let up. It could all come back tomorrow.,  but today has been wonderful relief. This thread has been helpful in getting through this.

......I am sure this is all w/d ...although I had days when I was imagining dire possibilities.

.....hold on D....you will make it through this s/x....coop

Coop this is great news!

Minnie...I'm glad you got to the beach! Happy Anniversary!

Today I've been slammed with head pressure, light headed when I get up too fast, sound sensitivity, balance is way off, I'm irritable :-( W/D is evil & wicked.

Praying we can get out for some air. Sigh...

Hi Minnie...very glad to hear that you had some relief. You are such a trooper with this awful s/x.....Mine came back today...just makes me cry. Dizziness,  anxiety,  nausea and depression but the headache and intense head pressure is still gone. So glad the head pressure is better..I will take it. We seem to have a similar pattern with the head s/x but you are more reasonable about it. Seven months...Minnie,  I just don't know how you tolerate it. It is reassuring to me to know that someone is tolerating it...inspires me to keep up some kind of optimism.

......Youbare some kind of Wonder Woman .....coop