Important Survey - Please Participate ×

support for those w/ head pressure

[mi...]

Hi coop.....Gosh this is just so relentless......I think it is a good sign that yours comes and goes.....mine has changed since last week it has been letting up and then like yours it comes back..... mine never let up much until last week, now it seems I am having more good times than bad....

It is so frustrating when it comes back after letting up....I am with you, I just have a meltdown when it comes back hard......I know about the sick all over feeling, I have the anxiety, nausea, off balance feeling.....sometimes my stomach muscles squeeze, it is an awful feeling.....the body anxiety is as uncomfortable to me as the head stuff......I just do not have that constantly......the anxiety makes it impossible to relax or get to sleep..... :tickedoff:....The anxiety I feel is jumpy sensations in my body like I must move or do something, it seems to happen when I do not want to move.....What are yours like?

Coop we are going to be fine...look at how many have this same s/x even the young ones (lol) it is just so hard to take when we do not know how long this will last or when we will get hit...... those 2 are the most difficult for me to deal with..... :tickedoff:

It is also difficult for me to explain these sensations. I wonder if there are words that describe this nightmare.....I read the threads and when someone describes something similar to what I am feeling , the words fall short, you just FEEL with them.......

Someday SOON coop we will just be able to forget this whole mess......not our fellow travelors just the suffering......

I hope you are finding relief today.......m

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [Lo...]

• [mi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Marija......I am sorry you are having such a rough time.....I am not sure about the hypoglycemic issue....but the head s/x yes....I went to the er 3 times in my first 2 mos off.....it is a comfort there when you feel you may pass out or worse.....

Please be reassured that it will let up, you will get better. I wish I could take away your discomfort, but all I can give you is my humble words from my experience, it will slowly improve, it does not feel that way now, but I promise it will. It was next to impossible for me to believe that in the beginning, but I kept reading and hanging on, just barely at times but I did. It has been almost 8 mos. since I c/t and I have seen many s/x leave and others let up, my baseline is at 80%. My head feels clearer since just last week....there are still ups and downs but definite progress....

It will happen for you.....keep posting if you need any support or have any questions we all need each others support....m :therethere:

I hope you get relief soon....m

Thank you Minnie for your reassuring words. I am grateful for the time you take to respond with thought and kindness......you're a beacon of light and hope.....thanks....

Hi Jenny.....I am so sorry, this is so relentless......I take just plain aspirin.....that is the only otc pain med that helps me......feel better jenny......m :therethere:

m,

help a bit with your signature? so you c/t feb 14th from opiates, right? and you were on klonopin for about one year and reinstated and you're only benzo free for a few months now?

if so, i think you're doing fantastic! -- by your posts and everything you say. i have had my time with lot's of opiates too and just finished my suboxone taper which took me over 2 years. i had been on suboxone for over 8 years with many back and forths of being on large dose's of vicodin and very addicted to this cough medicine with hycodan in it called "Hydromet". i was so bad off with that cough syrup i would have to have 16oz every 5 days. i seriously over dosed many times and a few nights i don't know how i kept on breathing? very very bad. so happy to be off that shit. don't know how i got so addicted to that and the vicodin?

so happy that is all over and off the benzo's after trying to taper for 9 years. what a drag! wasted life so far. trying desperately to get it back. a little tired. http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sleep/waking-up.gif

anyway, just wanted to say how great you're doing!!

pretty

Hi pretty......I hurt my back building a stone wall in our yard......herniated a disc in my back....ouch!.....was put on oxy and eventually morphine.......I started to have unexplained pain in both legs.....dr told me he thought I had fibromyalgia......pain meds never took away body pain.....I was afraid to go off because I thought if I am having pain while taking all these meds what kind of pain will I have without them......they then added k for sleep and to relax muscles.....I was so medicated.....family started to worry about all the meds I was on...and so was I....

I decided to get off and went to a detox...I had read that you should taper k but detox said I would be fine.....What a bunch of uniformed people.....HELL ENSUED....I was so sick that at 4 or 5 wks dr reinstated me......I was on 2 mg k and he put me on 2 mg ativan over a period of 2 mos....I never stabilized.....but after a few mos. I started to feel a bit better....I then tapered for about 3 mos....the ativan did not seem to change anything...anyway yes I took the last bit of ativan on july 24th

I now have none of the pain that I experienced on the meds, my back is completely healed.....pharmacist suggested pain meds turned on me and caused pain that mimicked fibro......this is all so ironic.....oh well live and learn....but sometimes I get so dam mad that they do not know more than they do......

As to how we get so addicted.....I think it changes us slowly until we cannot make rational decisions and come to believe we need that crap.....it just sneaks up on us.....feeling like I needed it is what made me get off that part terrified me....

You sure had your time with the meds...it is lucky many of us are still alive with the cocktail of meds we were on....I know how you feel about a waste of years......pretty you are so talented.....and you still have many years to fulfill your dreams.....

You will get through this and never have to worry about any more wasted years on any meds.....look how strong you are....getting off all that you did is monumental....like I said before you have come so far.....it just cannot be much longer until you are healed......I know it feels it will never end...but all of the info I have read says it will end.....my pharmacist says we will all absolutely heal just time....

I think you are right compared to many others I am lucky.....once acute was over my main s/x were head sensations and gi issues it has been so uncomfortable but doable......I do not know how you handle all you are going through and stay sane......I guess there is no other option.....you just keep going....

Take care pretty let me know how you are doing.....love the little icon hope you are getting some sleep........m :therethere: 

I now have none of the pain that I experienced on the meds, my back is completely healed....

see that's the thing about pain meds/opiates -- they cause "rebound pain" and the pain won't go away until you're off it and everything else. i don't think even opiates should be taken for more than 3 weeks even for herniated disc. my brother doesn't understand that and doesn't want to understand it because he needs the excuse to stay on the 16-20 Norco he's been taking for over 16 years. he keeps talking about all his pain but the pain won't even go away until he does get off it. i don't think he will get off it though.

i just think pain meds should be used for a very short time for broken bones, surgery and herniated discs and stuff like that but no more than 3 weeks i think. :)

Hi p......I completely agree....it never works to take many of these meds for any longer than a few weeks if you do not become tolerant then you may just get the rebound pain.....I am amazed that your brother is still getting anything out of the med he is on since he has been taking it so long.....

Well the truth is he is addicted by now and in denial.....that is a tough one.....he is the only one that can change his situation...

So sad to see peoples lives ruined over this evil crap.......

I hope you feel better and you are getting some sleep........m :smitten:

Well the truth is he is addicted by now and in denial.....that is a tough one.....he is the only one that can change his situation...

m,

he is the only one and i fear he won't ever get out of that thick denial. he got evicted from his home over 2 years ago and i believe everything that has happened to him and is happening now is from his addiction. he also smokes 20 cigarettes a day and goes in and out of the front door every 45 minutes which then jars me awake when i'm resting. it's absolutely maddening. but he won't stop. and he won't even give me over an hour to rest without going in and out of the door and my parents just keep sticking up for him about it. he has a 5 year old daughter and they both sleep in my bed in this little bedroom. i am upstairs in the middle of the living room on my couch for the last 2 years while i try to recover from this. i've never done anything so hard in my life and i need to find my own place to live so i can get some good rest but i am still non functional. it's so sad all that i'm going through. i don't know if i will make it?

pretty

Hi p.....You will be okay.....things are bleak right now.....you are sick.....you are co existing with an addict.....you feel dependent and many other things I am sure.....but we both know that life never remains the same, it is constantly changing......you will not be like this forever.....you will get better and move on.....

You are strong p...you have come along way....you cannot let your brothers situation bring you down, you must keep your strength to fight for your own recovery....he will continue to annoy you.... maybe not even on purpose.....you are fragile right now....so it does not take much when we are in this state to get frustrated.....

The ONLY thing that will help him is when your parents quit enabling him.....and that may never happen, it is out of your control.... if you can detach emotionally and not get pulled into an addicts world of insanity :brickwall:  you may even heal faster......people do get sick living with addicts... we all know that.....but when we are in the thick of it we do not always see it clearly.....

p...you will make it.... you will... you will.....you have come so far the end is not that far away.... :mybuddy:....m

Hi p.....You will be okay.....things are bleak right now.....you are sick.....you are co existing with an addict.....you feel dependent and many other things I am sure.....but we both know that life never remains the same, it is constantly changing......you will not be like this forever.....you will get better and move on.....

You are strong p...you have come along way....you cannot let your brothers situation bring you down, you must keep your strength to fight for your own recovery....he will continue to annoy you.... maybe not even on purpose.....you are fragile right now....so it does not take much when we are in this state to get frustrated.....

The ONLY thing that will help him is when your parents quit enabling him.....and that may never happen, it is out of your control.... if you can detach emotionally and not get pulled into an addicts world of insanity :brickwall:  you may even heal faster......people do get sick living with addicts... we all know that.....but when we are in the thick of it we do not always see it clearly.....

p...you will make it.... you will... you will.....you have come so far the end is not that far away.... :mybuddy:....m

m,

if there ever was a post i needed to read tonight -- this is the one. i was actually feeling insane and a little suicidal tonight and i NEVER feel suicidal. i am not a depressed person at all. i haven't been able to get any rest in over 30 days because of my brain feeling so amped and wired and the front door business along with all the other noises and the train's honking loud horn always coming by.

no, i don't think my parents will ever stop enabling. and when i am well i do intend to tell my brother how it is. i will have been the only one who ever tells him. it's so sad. thank you so much for this post. i really needed to read it tonight. it's going keep me going! :smitten:

love, pretty

Hi Minnie...how are you today?....I hope you are getting some relief.  My head s/x let up nicely for a few days but are back to greet me this morning. Hoping it fades over the day. I notice you have a recent pattern too of a few days of relief and then a return. The fact that it lets up is good indication I think that eventually it will heal....can not be too soon. You are a study in acceptance and moving forward. I would be lost in health fears if it were not for this support group.....wishing you a day without head s/x.....coop

Hi pretty.......I am so glad that helped you ......this is such a long painful road......sometimes it is so hard to remember that there is an end to this suffering.....but there is......we will be writing a success story in the near future.....

When we lose so much sleep it is hard to think clearly.....I so remember.....in acute I was only sleeping about 1 hr a  night for about 2 weeks....I felt like I was plugged into a light socket.....

Your body will get the sleep thing right soon.....that amped up feeling is one of the worst s/x......that alone can make us crazy....

I think it is not unusual at all to get depressed or to feel suicidal......how could we not.....we so fear dying and then feel like we want to die.....our poor brains......we just have to pick ourselves up over and over and keep on moving to the end of the tunnel....

It is sad but sometimes, by not confronting an addict, you can love them to their death....by giving them everything they need to stay sick.... :'(but you cannot make your parents change either......they are probably of the older generation.....where addiction was something that was swept under the rug.... I am sure it is so difficult for them to....

Acceptance is the only thing you can work on.....for your sake...

When you are well you will be able to make sound decisions about how you will deal with all of the dynamics at play in your family.....

right now it has to be about you getting well.....

One more setback and that means one more setback behind us.....I am here for you pretty :hug:.....

..... :smitten:..m

Hi coop....I am feeling well today.....it is so hard to keep track of these s/x as you and I know things can change in the blink of an eye....One day last week I think on tues. there was a huge shift for me.....I felt like suddenly things cleared in my head and body.....something I had never felt through this whole process......

Since then my s/x have all been very mild....there was one day that it amped up some but they faded again....I cannot help feeling excited...and yet that lingering fear that you will be slammed at any moment is ever present :muscle:.....

I have been doing Birdmans tinnitus exercise and it seems to be working well for me.....maybe the tinnitus was just calming down with everything else....how can we know it is all so confusing at times :idiot:....I try to just let things be and not get caught in trying to figure this process out....that is pointless.... :tickedoff:

It sounds to me like your pattern is heading toward complete healing soon....I think from what I have read that the cycling rapidly is a sign that you will get more and more wide open windows....and you are almost at the one yr. mark :clap::yippee:.....you are very close to being completely healed coop.....look how much healing you have had since you started your thread

The head stuff is so hard to live with but we have survived the worst of this and we will just continue this pattern of healing more each day...until it is gone....

Look at how mine went .....I never had a break until last week.... 8 mos of waiting and it finally happened a big shift :yippee: :yippee:

It will only improve for all of us coop.....we will all....write those success stories soon....I love your group and follow how everyone there is doing and there has been alot of healing over there....setbacks yes but lots of positives.....

Wide open windows are coming your way coop...... :smitten:...m..

I think from what I have read that the cycling rapidly is a sign that you will get more and more wide open windows....

i've never read this anywhere but i've experienced the cycling rapidly and yes there are many windows within those cyclings. i like it way better than this long slow healing where it's hard to see any improvement for 6 months of which i have also had.

m,

actually my parents had to deal with my addiction to both benzo's and opiates when i was in my early twenties and they actually kicked me out and i got sober and lived in a sober living house for 11 months. my brother has got it so they really believe he needs his medication for "his pain". he is in such denial and i don't think he will ever stop. my mother makes so many excuses for him and so does my dad. and so does my brother. it's so hard living in this kind of dysfunction and trying to recover. so hard! :(

but yeah, that had kicked me out of the house which is the best thing that happened to me back then. that's when i had 7 years completely clean and sober and was going to AA and had a life and in a life. i picked up the klonopin again not knowing what it could do to me. i thought i had MS but now i think i was just having a major setback from being on the benzos the first time. pretty horrid huh? wasted life. :'(

pretty

Hi pretty.....I cannot pretend to know what you feel in your heart.....but I do not feel you have had a wasted life.....you have been on a journey.....we all have regrets.....I am 61 and I feel there were many times I wish I would not have wasted my time on certain things.....such as dead end relationships, jobs I disliked but were necessary, the years on the meds, etc,.....but during all of those times I was learning lessons about life and growing......

I do not believe that in the larger picture of things that any of our time here is a waste....we have just been living the best we knew how at any given time....

we are growing through this experience as horrific as it is.....there are lessons to be learned here...tough ones.....but ones that will make us stronger.....sometimes we just do not learn things the first time around....I know I have made the same mistake a time or two.....then maybe the light bulb comes on.....and I have learned that lesson...and onto the next.....

You are a smart and talented girl pretty.....your life has meaning.....it is hard to see right now.....your situation is hard right now, but when you heal, and you will.....life will be waiting......you will be stronger and wiser.....and able to make better choices for your life.....

I know I have learned alot from this and not just to never take these meds again.....I have learned that many things I thought were important are not....I can think of many more but you get what I am saying.....So please just knowyour life is not a waste you have made some wrong turns as we all have, but your life is not a waste, just maybe some of your choices..... there is a big difference there.....

Well goodnight pretty I am headed to bed now....I hope your sleep is better.... :smitten:....m....

Please...someone tell me they have a similar head pressure pattern. My head pressure is better today ...( thank you god)...still there but very tolerable today. ....This is my question....Some mornings I wake up without any head s/x.. get up and about ...and then it starts up again for no apparent reason ( the signature of w/d s/x.. no apparent reason)...It seems to be triggered by standing up ...and eating and talking. Sounds nutso I know. Just need to hear from someone that their head s/x set in sometimes after they are up and about. I also still have the eyelid twitch in one eye but dizziness seems to be a lot better. I had this in month 6-8...got better and came back now all of month 9/10. I get freaked out because it lasts so long w/o a much let up...thanks buddies.. I know I am on here all the time needing reassurance.  Living on reassurance....coop

Hi coop..... I hope someone chimes in that has experienced the same pattern....I have read somewhere about the same pattern but not sure where....I will try to find something for you....

If it is any comfort mine are 99% gone since last week and remember I thought they would never let up...and I was scared so many times.....

I also had the eye stuff....it is gone now.....

This is all w/d.....but it is EXTREMELY uncomfortable and scary.....you will get better coop.....

I wish I could reassure you on the pattern that you are experiencing .....like I said I will look.....someone will chime in for you....that has something similar....

I have typed in head pressure in the search box and got reassurance from there...maybe give that a shot....

Praying for a big healing shift for you coop....you are in my thoughts... :smitten:..m...

Minnie...you are such a support. It is not as bad today as it was yesterday and I have had in the past some days without it.

....I am so so happy that yours 99% better. After 8 months you so deserve it. My s/x are consistently so much better...baseline is 85-90% when not in a wave...I keep reassuring myself that if this head s/x were something serious it would not get better randomly.

....Thanks sp much Minnie....coop

Hi coop..... I hope someone chimes in that has experienced the same pattern....I have read somewhere about the same pattern but not sure where....I will try to find something for you....

If it is any comfort mine are 99% gone since last week and remember I thought they would never let up...and I was scared so many times.....

I also had the eye stuff....it is gone now.....

This is all w/d.....but it is EXTREMELY uncomfortable and scary.....you will get better coop.....

I wish I could reassure you on the pattern that you are experiencing .....like I said I will look.....someone will chime in for you....that has something similar....

I have typed in head pressure in the search box and got reassurance from there...maybe give that a shot....

Praying for a big healing shift for you coop....you are in my thoughts... :smitten:..m...

Minnie I am so happy for you! Let's keep it going! What kind of eye stuff did you have?

Coop I'm sorry you're having problems...I had some serious head pressure on Monday...pulling feeling, etc. This all has to stop and soon for us.

Coop....you are right...it would act completely different if it were something serious.....even though the pattern is slightly different for all of us, it is still many of the same sensations....

It is impossible to feel positive and not afraid when this devil of a s/x is raging on, :tickedoff: it just takes over our minds...and when it does let up some we are afraid to feel joy, cuz.. we know that it can attack at any moment :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:...what an insane way to live....but live we do.... and it will get better :thumbsup:

Hugs to you coop......m :smitten:...

Hi LM......how are you?.....The eye thing....well when my s/x were raging...my eyelids would swell and droop......my husband would look at me and say you are not feeling well I can tell by your eyes.....the other thing was they would burn really bad and tears would run down my cheeks like I was crying......it has not happened for a few weeks....soooo....lets keep it goin friend...we are all getting there  :yippee: :yippee: :clap:

...m :thumbsup:..m