support for those w/ head pressure

[mi...]

Hi Mo2....just to let you know that my head issues have stayed about the same thru the last 4 mos.. I c/t in feb, reinstated after 5 wks. stayed on for 2 mos. then tapered, I took the last pill on july 24th. So maybe you will get better once you are off, everyone is so different. I just wanted to let you know that nothing changed on my way down, or since I finished my taper.....I hope you have an easy time the rest of the way.....m

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [Lo...]

• [mi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Minnie...I have to send you a huge thank you for supporting me all through last night. Today is better. I did take half the propanolol and it has helped the b/p...the head pressure is more bearable today and I do not have that awful belief that I am dying. Your support was what got me through and kept me out of er. I do notice a few more pvcs with b/p medication but my doctor assures me they are not harmful. I hope to be off of the b/p meds at some point,  but you are right ...no rush and the pounding heart and elevated b/p only ramps the panic.

.....thank you again Minnie...you sound like you are doing very well... happy healing to you.....coop

coop.....so glad I helped, that is what we are are here for, to reassure each other.....I may ask you for help sometime....sounds like a good plan w/ the med.... happy you are better today.......m

Just wodering how everyone is doing with head pressure. ...Mine is still waxing and waning with d/r and that weird disconnect from time....I wake up sometimes without the head pressure only to have it spring up sometime in the late morning.

.  MINNIE...how is yours?  ...coop

I have been somewhat relieved from head pressure for the time being. I will certainly take all the relief i can get. This is such a frustrating symptom. At times i feel it unbearable. Only thing i can do is lie down, try to find a calm place and not move. If I'm really lucky sleep will come. It may be waiting for me on the other side of the nap but any hours minutes etc passed in relief is that much closer to the light at the end of this Benson tunnel. Bless y'all `Terrain

Just wodering how everyone is doing with head pressure. ...Mine is still waxing and waning with d/r and that weird disconnect from time....I wake up sometimes without the head pressure only to have it spring up sometime in the late morning.

.  MINNIE...how is yours?  ...coop

Yep...my head pressure hits me when I stand up and walk :-( more so on the right side of my head and today it feels like someone is pulling at the back of my head (on the right side).  :'(

However I have not felt the pulling sensation in a week or two...maybe that is a sigh of healing...but today it's the pits. It also feels like I have pressure right at the top of my head.

This and depression are my two biggest symptoms that I have to deal with.  The head pressure is so annoying.  Mine is just my whole head.. no left or right about it... just the whole stupid head.  But that said.. I"m clear today... not sure for how long but I'm quite enjoying no depression and no head pressure.  Phew!

This and depression are my two biggest symptoms that I have to deal with.  The head pressure is so annoying.  Mine is just my whole head.. no left or right about it... just the whole stupid head.  But that said.. I"m clear today... not sure for how long but I'm quite enjoying no depression and no head pressure.  Phew!

Yay to no head pressure!

Mine has subsided a lot, and along with it the severe neck tension I was experiencing.  I've really done nothing....it just sort of happened on its own.

As painful as it is to accept for me, time really does appear to be the only true healer of benzo withdrawal.

Yes. Time. I wonder when all this is over if we will be the most impatient people in the world?  Lol Once we are well and someone mentions time we will be like No NOW. Lol

I think this whole process has taught me what patience really is.  Some of these people that are 1-2 years out and beyond definitely know a thing about patience.  10 or so weeks after jumping doesn't seem like a lot of time in comparison, though for me it feels like an eternity has passed.

My head pressure has also lifted in the last week. Like Bjames, I did nothing to turn it around ( although I tried anything short of drugs). Hot packs to the back of my neck and lavender epsome salts hot baths helped me survive it. It has definitely been one of my most difficult s/x and showed up relatively late in my w/d (month 8). ...It caused my mental anxiety to kick in 24/7.. so happy to get some relief from it.

.....For those of you still suffering.  it is torture, but it will pass.  Just do what ever you need to do to survive it.  ....coop

Yeah, I agree.  The head pressure stuff makes life so miserable, but there's really not much you can do about it other than to make yourself as comfortable as possible.  I never thought this stuff would ease up, but it did.

I still feel pretty bad, but to have this symptom ease up so much to where I've begun to stop thinking about it is a tremendous blessing.  I can't wait until it's completely gone!

Just checking in.....sounds like alot of you are getting some relief I am so happy for all of you........ and for those who are still in the thick of this it will get better....I am having some relief also. I still have the head stuff almost 24 hrs a day, I do feel though that my baseline is improving. I am finding that I am engaging in life more and more everyday. I am able to go to the gym 1 hr. 4 x a week. I help my friend at her ice cream shop 2 full days a week.

Hubby and I went gold panning fri. and sat. On fri. afternoon I felt like I had drank some wine, during the past 7 mo. I had never felt like that. It lasted about 5 hrs. then just back to the usual head sensations, yuk.

I am no longer afraid of the sensations at all, they are just so annoying!! Just knowing for sure that this will end is the comfort I hold onto....

Fell well my friends....m

Coop.....I am so happy you are feeling better. I know this s/x can scare us senseless, it has me...I have had it so long now that I just get mad when it is really bad. I hope you are done with the head stuff...m

Just wondering how the head s/x are for everyone.....I am having a hard time today....lots of movement in my head and pain not headache just random pain in my neck and center of my brain...so tired of this....I hope everyone is doing well....m

Hi Minnie,

Mine has been much better, but today its back although very mild which I'm thankful for. I wonder what is going on in there?? Maybe the head pressure is a sign of some sort of healing going on in the brain-- I sure hope so....

Hi jenny...thanks for replying...I am glad yours is okay right now. Sometimes it is just so hard to deal with, I have had it since cold turkey. I have had many days when it is okay, but never a day without it. I wonder to what causes it, it sure feels strange, actually sickening to me. Oh well all we can do is tread thru it.

I hope things went well w/ your family get together....m

My head has felt like lead...I hate this feeling. The pressure is unreal...feeling heart palps in my head is disturbing. I'm about 4 months off...just knew I would be healed by now.

Hi LM..... sorry you feel bad.....I also never felt I would have this for 7 mo. Do you get any breaks? Mine never goes away just varies in creepiness....I can handle other physical s/x better than my head feeling so awful....so okay keep going right, no other good options.....m

Hi LM..... sorry you feel bad.....I also never felt I would have this for 7 mo. Do you get any breaks? Mine never goes away just varies in creepiness....I can handle other physical s/x better than my head feeling so awful....so okay keep going right, no other good options.....m

I do get breaks...but its an array of symptoms and they all slammed me at the same time. Head pressure, pulling sensation, balance is off, heart palps, feels like I am constantly moving, heightened anxiety...thank God I sit in a cubicle. Otherwise I would cry my eyes out all day.

I don't deserve this...no one does.  :'(

I am so glad you do get breaks....I assume you work everyday that must be so dam hard. I sure get the crying, this is all so tiring...I try to stay positive but I have alot of meltdowns.......I get angry that this just goes on for so long.....I hope you have longer and longer breaks....m

I am so glad you do get breaks....I assume you work everyday that must be so dam hard. I sure get the crying, this is all so tiring...I try to stay positive but I have alot of meltdowns.......I get angry that this just goes on for so long.....I hope you have longer and longer breaks....m

Hey Minnie, just checking in on you. How are you...how is everyone out there? I'm noticing that fresh air helps with the head pressure...anyone else?

• Popular Now

• [...]
    • [...]