Important Survey - Please Participate ×

support for those w/ head pressure

[mi...]

Great news Minnie! My head pressure has been so much better this last week-- no sx. Today it is back, but its very mild. I pray everyone feels better soon! Jenny

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [Lo...]

• [mi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Minnie...after all of the suffering you went through with this I am so happy to hear that it is letting up...you deserve that so much....I so hope you have seen the end of it....coop

Jenny...me too...laßt week a nice let up ....thought it was ending.  This week ...back with dizziness but not as intense as it has been. If it wasn't for dizziness and head s/x I think I would be consistently 85-90%...this is starting to make me depressed and scared..( what 's new!).....time time and more time. We are getting better Jenny..this time next year it will all be a distant memory that we can not really recall....can not wait for that.... oop

Jenny...me too...laßt week a nice let up ....thought it was ending.  This week ...back with dizziness but not as intense as it has been. If it wasn't for dizziness and head s/x I think I would be consistently 85-90%...this is starting to make me depressed and scared..( what 's new!).....time time and more time. We are getting better Jenny..this time next year it will all be a distant memory that we can not really recall....can not wait for that.... oop

Hi Coop! I was feeling the same way 80-90% better. Coop you are so right, by next year this will be a distant memory. Hang in there! Jenny

Hi coop and jenny......sounds like things may be letting up some with the passage of time......I found a really reassuring post and and re-posted it on the reassurance from professionals thread......you guys might find it helpful......it is the same story as the others.....but hey one more Dr. agrees so good news there......

I hope you both continue to see improvement...... you guys are almost to the finish line....m

Hi P......Sorry you are not sleeping well....that is a tough one......it is usually the only break we get from the s/x....I hope you get some sleep tonight......are you noticing any significant improvements in your other s/x?.....I hope you are.....take care .....m

That is great news drew......I have noticed a large shift in my baseline the last few days.......my head s/x have stayed about the same since coming out of acute ....they were just varying in intensity.....but in the last few days there seems to be a major shift to very mild s/x.....we will see....dare I get excited.....take care drew... I sure hope things keep improving for you.....m

Minnie-thx!  I get it about not getting excited. Our hopes have been crushed too many times.  This week will be a good test. Flying into philly for a wedding on the Jersey shore and then three nights in NYC.  Oh...my GF gets to meet my parents and buddies I grew up with.  :-X

Hi P......Sorry you are not sleeping well....that is a tough one......it is usually the only break we get from the s/x....I hope you get some sleep tonight......are you noticing any significant improvements in your other s/x?.....I hope you are.....take care .....m

hey m,

wasn't sure if this message was for me although i think it was. i sure hope i get some sleep tonight. last night was brutal. i took some kind of unisom and i am sure it gave me crazy thoughts and staying up every night for 25 days has made me kinda insane and in fact, i don't know how i am handling things so well. i get some broken sleep after 8am - 12 noon -- not enough. it's weird weird insomnia wave i think.  i am seeing significant improvements in my other s/x and i think this is how it works sometimes is when improvements happen in one area -- another area is being worked on. i was in a pretty good window last night to where i felt 80% normal and then the night came and took that all away. now i'm scared of the night.http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-scared003.gif

All I can say to all of that drew is, WOW......sounds like alot of fun....I bet you will do fine.....I am so happy for you that you feel able to do all of that...once you make it through all of that ...well, all else will be a piece of cake!!

My daughter lives in Boston....I live in PNW.....I just booked a flight to go see her in November....I decided to brave it too....NYC is so vibrant, never a dull moment... We were there for Christmas 2 yrs ago it was really pretty.... it was so much fun, not many places like it....we stayed until new years day......I had a wonderful time ...

I wish you a safe and happy trip......m

Yes pretty p that was for you....that actually sounds nice, pretty pea....I was just being lazy typing....anyway I cannot believe you have gone so long without sleep that must be horrible......I remember in acute I only slept 4 hrs. in a week......I remember asking the dr. how long you could go without sleep and not die or some other awful fate.....they said mos.....it sure does not feel that way.....you sound like aside from that you are doing better...I am so glad to hear that......I am sure the sleep will resolve itself....I am with you though that after a bad night I also seem to be fearful of the next night.....it just keeps on giving pretty.....though it sound like many things are improving...

I cannot wait to read your success story!! Are you playing your piano at all? I read you do that and write music....you must be so talented......you have that to look forward to once you are healed...which should not be long now.....you have come so far.....I pray you get a good nights sleep tonight......m :smitten:

Yes pretty p that was for you....that actually sounds nice, pretty pea....I was just being lazy typing....anyway I cannot believe you have gone so long without sleep that must be horrible......I remember in acute I only slept 4 hrs. in a week......I remember asking the dr. how long you could go without sleep and not die or some other awful fate.....they said mos.....it sure does not feel that way.....you sound like aside from that you are doing better...I am so glad to hear that......I am sure the sleep will resolve itself....I am with you though that after a bad night I also seem to be fearful of the next night.....it just keeps on giving pretty.....though it sound like many things are improving...

I cannot wait to read your success story!! Are you playing your piano at all? I read you do that and write music....you must be so talented......you have that to look forward to once you are healed...which should not be long now.....you have come so far.....I pray you get a good nights sleep tonight......m :smitten:

thanks m!

and good to know that we can go mos without sleep. i felt like i could die this morning. it felt really bad. i was having trouble breathing. i am scared for tonight. it's just like my brain is so wired and amped - it won't go under into that slow wave length. i've never ever experienced this. yes, i played the piano last night for the first time in months. i just want to be well so i can go back into the studio and finish my second record.  :)

i pray for a good night's sleep tonight. hope you doing well.

pretty

Hi pretty.......I hope you were able to sleep last night.....I have had trouble breathing and the wired brain feeling.....I sometimes get the feeling that my body forgets to breathe,,,,I have had it so long now that I am sure it is just a weird sensation that will resolve...as I have never stopped breathing.....it can be scary though....

The wired feeling in my brain is more difficult for mr as it is impossible to relax when it is happening......the louder my ears ring the worse my s/x are.....

That is an amazing accomplishment.......making a record.....you must be extremely talented.....What kind of music do you write?...I am happy for you that you were able to play your piano...it is a comfort to you I am sure....

I wish I could help lessen your fears, that is one of the worst things this w/d brings on......I have had so many scary s/x over the mos....I have convinced myself that since I have survived the worst of this journey I will survive the rest of the way......the hardest part is when we will heal...I just have to work on acceptance hourly daily whatever I need to get through...

You have made it so far and you are still fighting.....I am sure you get so tired of this.....I keep saying this but your time has to come soon....

I hope your day is easier pd......m 

Minnie-thx!  I get it about not getting excited. Our hopes have been crushed too many times.  This week will be a good test. Flying into philly for a wedding on the Jersey shore and then three nights in NYC.  Oh...my GF gets to meet my parents and buddies I grew up with.  :-X

Have fun Drew!!!!! Safe travels :-)

Hi pretty.......I hope you were able to sleep last night.....I have had trouble breathing and the wired brain feeling.....I sometimes get the feeling that my body forgets to breathe,,,,I have had it so long now that I am sure it is just a weird sensation that will resolve...as I have never stopped breathing.....it can be scary though....

The wired feeling in my brain is more difficult for mr as it is impossible to relax when it is happening......the louder my ears ring the worse my s/x are.....

That is an amazing accomplishment.......making a record.....you must be extremely talented.....What kind of music do you write?...I am happy for you that you were able to play your piano...it is a comfort to you I am sure....

I wish I could help lessen your fears, that is one of the worst things this w/d brings on......I have had so many scary s/x over the mos....I have convinced myself that since I have survived the worst of this journey I will survive the rest of the way......the hardest part is when we will heal...I just have to work on acceptance hourly daily whatever I need to get through...

You have made it so far and you are still fighting.....I am sure you get so tired of this.....I keep saying this but your time has to come soon....

I hope your day is easier pd......m

hey m,

well the day wasn't as easy as it could of been since there as so many noises that startled me during the nap time but i did finally get some sleep last night. i did also take the absolute tiniest sliver of remeron and yes it did help me sleep but made my brain feel really heavy and sedated. so i won't be taking that anymore. i've just got to keep trying to fall under on it's own. my brain is still too kindled to take any meds. i simply can't take any meds and i think that is a good thing but when you really need to take something -- it's not.

i write singer/songwritery kind of material. kinda like James Taylor, Tori Amos, Laura Nyro. i guess my songs have hints and accents of jazz in some of them. i had a jazz piano teacher and started writing songs during the time i was taking lessons and i guess it infiltrated my subconscious mind. :)

i hope you had a pleasant day today and that your symptoms are at bay. :smitten:

love, pretty

Hi Pretty......I am so glad you got some sleep.....not enough it sounds but some.....yes it would be so nice if there was something we could take that would help this whole mess..... :tickedoff:

The head s/x make me crazy.....but I think the all over body anxiety has 1st place.....thankfully unlike the head s/x being a constant the anxiety only visits every few days.....geez so many unwelcome visitors!!!

I like the artists you mention, nice soothing music.....musc is so magical.....

What else do you do with your time?.....I get really bored when I feel to bad to do much of anything except watch the clock....not a good way to use up my life.....

I think you said you had ear ringing......well on Birdies thread TENACIOUS TINNITUS pg 84 she found an exercise that can take away the ringing.....it has calmed mine down and not sure yet but I think it may be helping my head pressure, we will see...

I had a bad day yesterday...... today is starting out with reduced head s/x.....I am always happy when my head feels a little better....

I hope you get some more sleep.......m :sleepy: 

Hi Minnie...I just read this entire thread start to finish. It has helped me do much . I had some let up of my head s/x but today it was back with a vengeance. After reading the entire thread I feel reassured again. Someone else said early on in the thread that they had episodes of head s/x in which they felt " sick all over". That is exactly how I felt in this episode today...Dizziness, nausea, fatigue and anxiety. Thank goodness for this thread. ...This is a wild s/x and it seems to last for the longest time with cycling in and out. ...

.....I hope you are continuing to have some relief...coop

Hi everyone.

Needing some encouragement. Head symptoms have been horrible this past week, complicated with extreme hypoglycemic episodes. Nearly fainted while driving to pick up my kids from school last week. I pulled over into a hospital parking lot, ate and drank a bit which helped within 1/2 hr. Far too complicated to try and explain taper symptoms to ER, so just sat in my car, body convulsing with extreme symptoms. Anyone else experience hypoglycemia?

Thanks friends.

I get hypoglycemic symptoms out of the blue sometimes. I try and carry a kind bar with me at all times.

I am happy to report all my sinus and head pressure symptoms are mostly gone and my wave has ended. Thanks for all the support during the wave. Hoping that was my last bad one but we know how that goes :crazy:

That's so great to hear Drew. Glad you are feeling so much better.

I also carry Kind bars with me! 

How frequently would you experience hypoglycemia; daily, weekly, any particular time of day?