Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

support for those w/ head pressure

[mi...]

Hi Lm......so sorry, I am saying a prayer for all of us......hope you have a big window this weekend.....lets just go for a permanent one for all....m

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [Lo...]

• [mi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Minnie,

Thanks for this support group :)

I suffer from various head/brain symptoms almost every day. Currently, I have ear pressure and my brain feels as if someone put a device in it that's gonna explode at any minute. I know it sounds nutty, but that's the best way I can describe it. The head symptoms started with debilitating migraines when I was still taking the Klonopin; the migraines are gone now, thank God (I haven't had them since May), but I'm left with head/ear/eye pressure, vibration/buzzing, tension headaches, squeezing and sometimes burning (that's awful). Sometimes it feels like my brain is "moving" or "floating" in my head, and I can hear weird crunching/cracking noises from my skull on a daily basis, especially in the evenings.

My symptoms are almost exclusively right sided starting with the migraines. I have no idea what that means.

i haven't read through this whole thread yet but i will as the head pressure/brain symptoms are by far my worse symptoms. and i am so glad that someone actually mentioned that it feels like "someone put a device in it that's going to explode" that is exactly how it feels for me. and even further disturbing when i am in a wave with bad brain vibrations and squeezing the derealization symptom comes on strong and i can't convince myself that the doctor in the detox where i did the c/t -- didn't put a device inside my brain by use of the meds they give you in detox. i can't seem to shake that thought when my brain does certain things. and of course when i am in partial window and the brain symptoms let up, i do not have that thought/

i am sorry if i am further along than most people on this thread and hope to not scare anyone. i and other's on here consider myself a pretty rare and bad case cold turkey and being on benzo's for 25 years of my life although 7 of those years i was benzo free. i got back on the klonopin like an idiot. anyway, i am glad to be on this thread because i have been on this forum for a very long time -- i really haven't seen anyone talk about the brain symptoms as much as i do. i hope they go away at some point.

I find with this head pressure and strange sensations it is impossible to feel calm or relaxed.

yep, than i deserve some kind of medal of honor because i've had the head pressure and other scary brain symptoms for 25 months now begging, pleading, praying every single moment for it to let up. i know this isn't what you want to hear and i'm sorry but i also need to vent other than on the protracted board.

about 3 weeks ago, i did have my first 5 days where it let up so thank God i wrote it down or else i would have never believed it now. this really sucks and i'm back in a horrible wave. so horrible i had to actually talk on the phone with another buddie and i never have to do that. i can't believe this and just hope that all of this is just a deeper healing. and he also had the brain symptoms and head pressure for 26 months and it finally let up so i am hoping that next month will be my let up month.

Welcome here Pretty.....do not worry about scaring us here.....your story breaks my heart....you have suffered so long.....I am happy to here that you felt a little relief from the head s/x.....they have also been my worst s/x.....I was getting ready for bed and saw your post.....so I wanted to say welcome before I went to sleep.....come back soon and we can chat more.....

Take care .....m

Welcome here Pretty.....do not worry about scaring us here.....your story breaks my heart....you have suffered so long.....I am happy to here that you felt a little relief from the head s/x.....they have also been my worst s/x.....I was getting ready for bed and saw your post.....so I wanted to say welcome before I went to sleep.....come back soon and we can chat more.....

Take care .....m

thank you so much for welcoming me minnie!

i do get fearful that i will scare other folks just the way some people who have more time than myself and are still suffering on the protracted boards scare me a little. i just can't believe this! when will the head squeezing and vibrations ever end?

sometimes i get scared it won't ever end. but like i said, i did speak with another buddie by phone this evening who has 3 years out and said that things just lifted for him when he was 26 months. so, i'm really hoping that will happen for me too. maybe not by next month but at some point. he also had the same exact brain symptoms as myself even though i know it's sometimes hard to describe them and everyone has different ways to describe them. he said his were like a rat knawing inside his brain but he also had it in the same place as mine which is the left lower corner behind the ear. he said that our brains are traumatized and especially by a cold turkey from large doses like myself and takes a long time for the nerves and brain to heal.

anyway, thanks again! :)

pretty

25 months off klonopin and having terrible head pressure at the top, sides and back of head. The "tight band" literally pulls my scalp to the back, and sometimes holds it tight for half a minute, and other times pulls and releases rapidly several times in a minute.

Feels like I have to cut open my head to release some pressure.

I cant sleep a second because of the constant pressure, desperately hoping for relief soon.

Don't know how much longer I can take this pain.

25 months off klonopin and having terrible head pressure at the top, sides and back of head. The "tight band" literally pulls my scalp to the back, and sometimes holds it tight for half a minute, and other times pulls and releases rapidly several times in a minute.

Feels like I have to cut open my head to release some pressure.

I cant sleep a second because of the constant pressure, desperately hoping for relief soon.

Don't know how much longer I can take this pain.

hurtbrain,

i am the exact same time as you are and also desperate for relief especially from the brain symptoms. i have the pulling too but it's over to the left. sometimes it gets so severe and violent that my whole head literally goes over to the left -- and stays there until the pulling subsides. it's absolutely unbelievable! i cannot believe i've been enduring this for so long!

hope we get relief very soon! it's got to all be a healing 'cause we're still alive!

I get that too prettydaisys, I get pulled to the left once in a while, but I'm pulled to the front more often these days, it's like I am walking and it pulls me forward and my body jerks forward which makes me feel like I tripped over something.

Looking at my previous c/t I feel I might get the strong left side pulls in the coming months, I only hope it starts and ends soon so I can get through that phase and move on to newer adventures with the symptoms. In the past w/d my colleagues at work would ask me not to cut across their path when we walked together, my body would just sway to the left involuntarily.

I also feel movements inside my head, feels like the scalp muscles are twitching to find the right tension and balance or something like that.

Yes I hope we get relief soon, it's been dragging on far too long.

Hi and welcome Hurtbrain....I am so sorry you are suffering so far out.....you and pretty can really relate as far as timeline goes....you guys are both troopers!!.....I have had this s/x for 7 1/2 mos and it is so tiring.....from everything I read on here it should let up  for you soon.....

Take care h and come back......m

Hi pretty....I cannot imagine how you have found the strength to keep it together for so long......I know we have no choice.....we must just keep moving forward.....but it gets more difficult for me the longer it stays with me....

I really believe that you are so close to healing pretty......it seems the vast majority heal completely in 3 yrs....and your friend seeing improvements is so encouraging.....you have had it really bad, have some of your s/x gone?

Take care and come back....m

Does anyone feel like their brain has turned to liquid in their head?! Like it's all sloshing around in there?

Some days I wake up feeling the all the chemicals are in the wrong place and are trying to burst out of closed receptors!

No chaf....I have not had that but many times feels like cold water is running over my brain.....nothing is surprising as far as the varied sensations though.....

Take care.......m

Joining this group after about 19 months of extreme head issues which have increased on intensity over the months. Churning, pulsing, sizzling and pressing. I honestly don't know how my head can take all the pressure, it is near unbearable. I actually feel my brain pulsate in my skull, it feels swollen. The pressure is also in my chest and throat and sometimes my legs. My whole body feels like it will explode. I also have the rocky boat feeling too!

Hi Hopeful one......I am so sorry you have all of these s/x at 19 mos......the head stuff is so awful.....I also get the chest muscle pulling....my abdomen is pulling from both sides toward the center with awful nausea.....I think the only good thing about where you are at is that you are closer to the end....it is such a difficult journey.....I keep reminding myself of the serenity prayer....I have to keep accepting the process or I feel I will have a melt down..

I hope you get relief soon....m

Hi pretty....I cannot imagine how you have found the strength to keep it together for so long......I know we have no choice.....we must just keep moving forward.....but it gets more difficult for me the longer it stays with me....

I really believe that you are so close to healing pretty......it seems the vast majority heal completely in 3 yrs....and your friend seeing improvements is so encouraging.....you have had it really bad, have some of your s/x gone?

Take care and come back....m

hey m,

well, it's always hard for me to see exactly what symptoms are no longer. of course i see improvements but it's so unbelievably slow. and when in a partial window i absolutely know that all the horrible waves i've experienced are all truly a healing. but that is only in window i can see that and thank God i do get partial windows every once in awhile as there are some people who are the same amount of time out as myself who say they don't ever have windows. mine are only partial still since i still have so many symptoms. i can't wait for a full on open wide window.

also, i think the longer one is out like myself -- you can see an overall improvement but sometimes some of  the symptoms seem deeper and more severe and i think (for me) it's because i am getting a lot of clarity back so i'm not quite stuck in that severe cog fog. so it seems like some of the symptoms are more severe. but i also just try to view that as deeper healing is indeed taking place. this is a truly crazy and bizarre syndrome that has been bestowed upon all of us.

You are welcome H.....I pray you feel some relief soon......come back if you need to for any reason.....it is comforting to know others are having the same kind of s/x......

Take care.....m

How is everyone?.....My head s/x are better.....this is the first time that I have had no head s/x for two days..... I just have some slight ringing......

I weed whacked a bunch yesterday since I was feeling better and the head s/x did not appear nor did the ringing increase......I will take it for however long this lasts....YAY for my tired head.....

Hope everyone is feeling better....m

How is everyone?.....My head s/x are better.....this is the first time that I have had no head s/x for two days..... I just have some slight ringing......

I weed whacked a bunch yesterday since I was feeling better and the head s/x did not appear nor did the ringing increase......I will take it for however long this lasts....YAY for my tired head.....

Yay and thank God!  :smitten:

Glad to hear it Minnie!  I was having my best day yesterday and then while I was making dinner my vision went all wonky.  Next thing I know I ahve this damn low level migraine again.  I am very depressed as i thought I was getting out of this.  That's tow of these headaches in three weeks where I usually get on every six months or so.  :sick:

I refuse to remove typos due to benzobrain :crazy:

Glad to hear it Minnie!  I was having my best day yesterday and then while I was making dinner my vision went all wonky.  Next thing I know I ahve this damn low level migraine again.  I am very depressed as i thought I was getting out of this.  That's tow of these headaches in three weeks where I usually get on every six months or so.  :sick:

So sorry Drew...how is everything else going for you???? Migraines suck!  :(

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee: 

Oh, so happy for you, Minnie.  So very, very, very happy for you!  Isn't it just the most wonderful feeling on the planet?!  May it last and last and last ...

Ummm, by the way, what does "weed whacked a bunch" mean?  :o

Hugs, from abcdefghijklmnopqr

:laugh:  I decided upon my name during a moment of great creativity, you see!  And also, I could use all fingers on the left hand only.  Lol.

Hi to everyone else.  Sorry can't stay long now, got too much pulling and rocking and swaying going on.  Sorry you're here too, Hopeful One.  My skull pulsates too.  I can't figure out if it's internal vascular pulsing or the muscles contracting and releasing.  What does yours feel like?  It's so tiring, so terribly, terribly taxing, I know.

Praying for relief for all of us soon.  My Gd, we've got to be some of the strongest people on the whole planet to endure this day after day after day!  And WHEN it's over, I think we're going to be the happiest, most appreciative people on the whole planet.  Never taking anything for granted. 

:smitten:

So sorry Drew...how is everything else going for you???? Migraines suck!  :(

I have been struggling the last few weeks.  I think the wave is starting to end though.  Leaving for some travel on Thursday.  Hoping for a window.